Why aren't you using dwm yet?

Why aren't you using dwm yet?
Are you happy being a lowly i3nigger with a copied "dotfile"?

Attached: dwm-20120806.png (1920x1080, 81K)

I use Plasma. I stopped giving a fuck over a decade ago.

god-forbid something works fine

i bet u dont even have no gaps LOL

Attached: 334aa2852ea3dd70019a34b3f1f382114e528e61faa478ec379580dd99568b55.jpg (480x480, 15K)

Windows 10™ don't have this 'paradox of choice', I'm being productive instead of wasting time on pointless things like ricing :^)

because i started with i3wm and have no problems with it whatsoever and can't care less about what tiling wm i have because i have actual work to do rather than shitposting about them which ironically i am doing right now

Because I use Xfce.
>pseudo-tiling, new windows snap to each other
>gui applications remember window size
>virtual workspaces, can quickly switch using arrow keys
>alt+tab to cycle windows
>keybindings to e.g. hide/unhide dropdown terminal

keep telling yourself that you're using superior software user
unironic xfeces users are even worse than i3niggers

thank you sir 1000 ruppees in your bank account sir

I use GNU Screen

I'm using i3-gaps and I wrote my config myself.
I'm fine. Thanks.

yes copying the example config and changing the colors totally counts as writing it yourself
typical i3nigger

Because I use KDE, the superior desktop environment.

Attached: 985A5EAB-E229-4214-9659-855EBE847C6F.jpg (1366x768, 255K)

>smashing other peoples diff files together for dwm is any different than modifying the example configs
>defining a bunch of static const char*'s makes me a 1337 hacker
you literally copied a bunch of other peoples glyphs and fonts, copied other peoples color schemes and copied diff files from the mailing lists
and glued them together with information you copied from online.

until it crashes

looks like it already did from that 2m uptime

kek i didnt even see that
good post

>implying vanilla dwm isn't already perfect

Because I'm too neurotypical for your sucksmore garbage, so for i3.

lmao buttblasted i3nigger found editing config.h too hard

my setup works fine, i have not had problems with it since i got used to it

can you provide a reason i should switch to dwm?

If you’re using the 2014 build of KDE then sure.

Modern KDE builds are stable as anything.

Good boy. Now format your drive for peak minimalism.

i dont use DEs anymore but a friend of mine said he heard what you just said from a number of people, so he gave it a go maybe a month ago. He said it was not ready. Id love to try but I don't have enough time to test a DE properly so im gonna take his word for it.

Because I don't want to learn some tiling WM stuff and standard WMs meet all my requirements

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-11-17 19-21-42.png (1920x1080, 2.39M)

what do you mean by copied?
there is literally anything you need in the generated config file
the only thing I ever changed
jkl; -> hjkl
custom mappings
executing programs on start
floating/border rules for a few programs
colors(only thing that takes time, it's really hard to change "right" colors)

Once you do it once you can use it without any effort ever(using mine for few years across several installs)
config is a thing that you spend some time once and you can use it for years

>1920x1080
fuck off gaymurscum

>productive
>PC has to update for 40 minutes every 2nd morning
admit it you're a gamyerfag

It's almost as if the majority of laptops these days come with 1080p screens...

>taking pride in wasting your time configuring your program instead of just copying the config file off the Internet
typical suckless autist.

if you are that "superior" write your own wm, because you compiled your own "dwm" with a few lines in your config source file
it's literally the same, because you have not written this config yourself from scratch for sure
what's the point of this "elitism"?

>laptop
fuck off normiescum you can use your shartphone to browse facebook and instagram you degenerate nigger. npcs like you should have no access to general purpose computing

Lol I have none of those things. Are you typically this caustic to people? Does it affect your interpersonal relationships?

>discord icon
>spotify icon
>some red icon i don't even know what it is. that's how normie this is
>1920x1080 resolution
>i have none of these gaymur normie stuff
lol'd irl you fucking subhuman

also terminal not even in the quicklaunch sidebar. aahahahahha what a fucking scumshit. typical Jow Forums tryhard.

you need to go back

i can't get the urgent-borders patch to apply so i can rice my colours with pywal and gave up

I use KDE

Too bloated. Just use a bare tty or screen if you really think you need to multitask.

The master/stack thing is a poor layout method. Herbstluftwm is the only way to tile.

it's a self-entitled cheap-ass i3 clone without features
bugger off, i3 is not too hard to configure that the only way to do it is to tweak someone else's configs
i've done my own rice myself and it's braindead simple
whereas in dwm you need to have the source code, the dev libraries, a compiler, you need to know C etc etc

I use awesome
because I'm awesome

I prefer a keyboard oriented DE like gnome 3.

are you using the git version?

i actually got it working right after that post. thanks for being there for a fellow user, anyway

good on you from graduating from being an i3 nigger user.
Now you can take advantage of tags

>transparency
>blur
>useless bars
The only thing missing is gaps. Step your shit up KDE fags.

Because I need a WM with good VSync and compton is shit.

why are all suckless fags like this

cause they suckmore

This. I even have a default wallpaper (probably because I never see it anyway behind).

Seems like a waste of time, I will continue being an i3nigger.

>pacman -Ss dwm
>*nothing*
well, that was easy

>devotes an entire thread as an alter to your gay-ass suckless setup
>calls others tryhard faggots when btfo'd
Is the irony really this lost on you, dipshit?

based and redpilled

Attached: n31zwyswqhx11.png (960x540, 397K)

Isn't bspwm more minimal tho

>Because I don't want to learn some tiling WM stuff
There's barely anything to learn, it's just that the whole paradigm is shit.

no it's not
you just apparently don't have a use for it
many people do
this is the primary reason I use awesome, I can easily switch between floating and tiling windows. Plus I can configure it however I want just by editing a script, no re-compiling required, simply refresh the gui (like pressing F5 in a browser to refresh your page) it's literally perfect (for me).

if you try tiling more than a week, you'll never go back to normie DE

I've been on i3 for the last two weeks, I still don't see how to this is in any way or form more productive than KDE. Fucks with many GUI applications and terminal should be split with tmux anyway.

this is why dwm is unironically better. It has seamless tile to floating for windows so it's rare to have a problem with some shitty gtk or wine programs that don't tile well

i just started trying it out today after first having been in hlwm for months, and for past 2 weeks in 2bwm. it's fine. nothing special really.

damn son you're trying out ALL the memeshit arent you

tiling is a window manager feature, not a DE feature user, it has nothing to do with KDE. You can easily use a tiling WM in KDE if you choose.

A DE is just bloat for many users who are already familiar with a command line/their system, it's why many users don't like things like Gnome/KDE/whatever.

unfortunately there aren't many WM's that will switch between tiling and floating, if they all did, then people wouldn't make such a stink over it. I was going to use DWM when choosing a WM, but I preferred the idea not having to re-compile my WM every time I wanted to make a change, which is why I reluctantly went with Awesome, the drawback to that was having to learn LUA, but in the end, I didn't regret it at all, in fact, I now include LUA in many of my programs as a scripting language that allows me to now create scripts on the fly to add plugin functionality to them, so it all worked out great desu.

because I'm using i3

yeah. i'm on void as well and i us st as my terminal emulator

How do you get that bar?