Are there any tablets out there capable of running Linux?

i try to install ubuntu on x230 tablet and device can't autorotate. no tablet mode like in windows 10. ugly fonts. linux can't find any sensors!
but windows can.

Attached: test.jpg (1600x900, 180K)

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5google.com/2018/11/13/linux-on-dex-samsung-video/
sprunge.us/Dnsm7A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's coming

Attached: pixel_slate.jpg (980x620, 60K)

My Samsung Tab A runs Linux just fine :^)

Attached: Screenshot_20181116-084532.jpg (768x1024, 369K)

Only this one OP. Unless you get an intel based slate and compile shit yourself but that means changing firmware too.

All Android is linux-like buddy.

Nope, but you can run shit in termux on Android which is pretty cool.

there are so few tablets outside iPads and Surface that are even hardware wise in the category that I would even want to use for anything else than light browsing or watching videos, android tablet makers just dropped the ball and went home because people don't want tablets they way iPads, glad that MS is atleast trying with Surface, so you should look in to those

Surface Go?

Ironically Surfaces are the best tablets for Linux right now

ye

9to5google.com/2018/11/13/linux-on-dex-samsung-video/

Attached: Samsung-Linux-on-Dex.jpg (1031x516, 66K)

neato - thx :)

Always put "bash" before running a script, lagdroid doesn't take too kindly of apps not checking their privilege.

Here's a script for freee©®™:

mkdir out
for f in *.gif ; do ffmpeg -i "$f" -filter:v hqdn3d=8.0:8.0:10.0:10.0 -c:v libvpx -b:v 0 -qmin 20 -qmax 50 -crf 30 -quality best "out/${f%.*}.webm"; done

Just make sure to install ffmpeg and specify directory where gifs are

Attached: Athelete-Carrying-Grocery-Bags-Funny-Gif.webm (375x212, 88K)

thx for the bash tip, I have a much better ffmpeg script that I made already though, but thx.

Kudos to you m8, I just copy and pasted this one. Learning bash is hard when you've been a wintard for almost your entire life.

not gonna lie, bash is kind of a shitty scripting language, it takes some getting use to, but with time and effort (like most things) you'd be surprised how much you can code with just a bash script. Just start out with little scripts that you can easily do, and as you want to do more things/add new features you'll learn more and more until your scripts actually get fairly advanced.

thanks fren, I'll keep at it

Attached: nUzcGT5.webm (445x223, 81K)

Oh shit, it's on meme rise.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-17-12-33-32(1).jpg (720x1223, 168K)

I haven't worked on this for a long time, but you'll probably get a kick out of it

sprunge.us/Dnsm7A

It's beautiful, thank you user.

Attached: 1478201807359.jpg (775x837, 69K)

literally any android machine can be rooted and you can then install a linux distro.

You don't even need to jailbreak the device to use it, too.

I think the Shield (great hardware/screen) has a Linux port out there somewhere.

I think anything that can be rooted can get a distro stuck on it to various levels of success, though not many are bare-metal. (Android->nix is hardgay.)

If I could bare metal a tablet I'd probably use it more frequently but I can't fucking stand android, loathe apple and lol @ the idea of buying anything from M$.