Did I choose the right thing, god?

Did I choose the right thing, god?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (2268x1688, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Binary_package_guide
useast.cloveros.ga
aur.archlinux.org/packages/firefox-kde-opensuse/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I seriously feel bad for brainlets who can't use Gentoo

For me the installation took too long and then I realized I'd have to compile every fucking program I want to install and quickly aborted

Opensuse, Ubuntu, Linux mint for beginer.

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Binary_package_guide
just PORTAGE_BINHOST="cloveros.ga"; in /etc/portage/make.conf and that has 4200 packages built with CFLAGS="-Ofast -mmmx -mssse3 -pipe -funroll-loops -flto=8 -floop-block -floop-interchange -floop-strip-mine -ftree-loop-distribution"
then
emerge -G package[/code[

more info at useast.cloveros.ga

no

lol yeah let me just download a Jow Forums operating system like you fuckers could do anything right if your lives depended on it

shoulda chose windows if you value your time

Every time I've used OpenSUSE I've been shocked at how shit it is, at least on my hardware. It's the only distro in over a decade of being a lincuck that has ever panic'd on me, multiple times too.

I don't know. Works for me quite good.

What HW do you have?

can you remove systemd tho?

On Pepe -no.

It's the only distro that ships with a working thumbnail preview in Firefox's file picker

Attached: 1480401955842.png (2028x1300, 71K)

Leap on 2 systems (laptop/desktop) and tumble on 1 laptop, working fine.

you did great my son. pepe and kde smile upon you

No. You did not.

Reposting:
Is OpenSUSE Leap 15 /plasma supposed to be slow as shit? Got a new pc, high spec, installed windows and OpenSUSE on an SSD drive, windows 10 has no problems, zero lag or anything, OpenSUSE on the other had is slow as fuck. Clicking the start menu button has a 1-1.5s delay before the menu actualy shows, it was so bad that I ragequit just now, since moving the mouse away from the menu closes it you have to keep the mouse still for 2 seconds before you an continue every fucking time I want to access the menu. Same with root password verification, it takes about 3 seconds for the root password to be accepted, while on windows any password from veracrypt, keepass, or windows passwords get verified in sub 0.25s. the entire experience is just frustrating as fuck.

can I use run it on Solus or Zorin?

Why do you want to compile everything? Isn't it easier to use something like arch or void, remain all the configuration and minimalism and don't care?

>running KDE on anything worse than a Threadripper 2950X and two RTX 2080 and 64 GB of DDR4 memory
kek

KDE...

Attached: muh_kde_diversity.png (587x510, 351K)

>promote diversity
You know why I come to Jow Forums instead of Jow Forums?
Because I don't want to infuriate about this kind of shit, when Western civilization is doomed beyond redemption anyway.

DO I SPOT A TRANNY?

>having life
good goy

this is peak autism

I'm a Linux sysadmin and an open source contributor and been Linux enthusiast for 20+ years and have run everything from Gentoo to Ubuntu to Slackware.

I use OpenSuse because it's a quality distro that doesn't get in my way. I fix Linux problems at work and don't need more dumbass complexities at home when I want to be spending time with family or whatever.

I also run Slackware for generally the same reason.

Gentoo is fine if you have the free time to deal with the extra shit and occasionally fixing conflicts during a world update, but I don't.

> yeah, is easy, just write this parameters when compiling: -fh uu -hf31 -haw88 -66 -55& -hhhh=uyg -fh uu -hf31 -haw88 -66 -55& -hhhh=uyg -asd -asdf -qwer -zxcv -qwer -ggas -asd=jajksf -fwer -r2323 -32 -232232 -3 -sdf -fsdfsd -32323 -q -3 -t -y8 -9 -p -p -asdfa -adf -xz -fas -df -e -t34 -56 -4 -56 -hf -ghg -gdfh -gh -df -hs -dg -dfg -s -f -ag -df -g -5r7 -5 -7n -5h5gy -56 -4f -534 -d -23 -r2 -dew -f -sd -s -af -as

If doesn't work your are a fagot

Attached: 22020mrrobot_s3_e10_elliot_01_1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 705K)

Yes, you are right my son.

Attached: jesus.jpg (640x640, 67K)

The only non meme distro for beginners.
>LEAP , stable as fuck
>OBS for up dated softwares
>KDE filepicker
>btrfs snapshoots
>97% reproducible builds
>Can make it fully oss and use proprietary softwares using flatpak and snapd
This distro is a paradise.

Gentoo is obsolete because tech is too fast to warrant any optimisations that comes from compiling for specific hardware

Oh no, but my politics!

>Is OpenSUSE Leap 15 /plasma supposed to be slow as shit?
It isn't. I'm running it fine on Core2Quad and ATI radeon HD 5450, 4 gigs of DDR2 (I think) on my desktop, no lag

aur.archlinux.org/packages/firefox-kde-opensuse/

>use source based
>nevermind have packages be binary lmao
cringe

>ships with
Though when I was still using Arch I was pretty grateful for this. Though I sometimes had issues with it.

It has a nice install process, very detailed where you want it to be.