Linux on macbook pro

based or cringe?

Attached: arch_on_mac.jpg (2000x1125, 454K)

perfection

The whole reason to get a Macbook is the OS, lol. Yeah, the hardware is good (usually—some of their models are just fucked) but macOS is god-tier. Buying a Macbook and installing Linux on it is like buying a nice sports or luxury car and replacing the engine and interior with that of a 90's lada

just why?

Attached: apple unix powerbook ad.jpg (1976x1202, 401K)

What does it do that is better than macOS?

cringe

MacOS is better than anything second-rate programmers working on free Linux projects

based

typing on macos right now, after a few months of usage i can tell you it's pretty on the outside but dogshit on the inside.

why do you guys love sucking cock so much

*like buying a shitty junk car and installing a sport car's engine in it
You had it flipped, but it still shouldn't be a thing.

MacOS is rotting from the inside out

cringe. fucking disgusting. the only thing I would like is having a massive touchpad

I'm not, there isn't any Linux distro that can't compete with MacOS.

It is still better than the high school programming that goes into creating Linux distros. It is just an unfair comparison really. One is an OS made by professionals and high IQ industry people, the other is some kind of community made out of second-rate programmers who couldn't get real dev jobs creating hundreds.

>already have the best Unix
>want to replace it with a shitty copy
definitely cringe

keep telling yourself that user

W-Why do you guys like sucking cocks? Haha it's not like I just hate macOS cause everybody else does and invalid reasons that have been proven wrong time and time again!

but the MacBook is shipped with *nix...

> macbook
(-) overpriced
(-) designed to break
(-) when it does, apple store doesn't do shit
(+) pretty good OS to make up for it

> memepad + loonix
(+) reasonable price
(+) durable
(+) very nice keyboard + trackpoint
(+) pretty cool community
(+) easy to repair yourself
(-) have to constantly babysit your OS unless you want to use windows

> macbook + loonix
you do the math

>be on "trade" web dev school
>teacher say "bring your laptops and we will do a fedora install on them during class"
>fine I'll bring my Mac Book
>teacher - "but that's illegal, to install linux on a mac is illegal"

what did he meant by this?

Attached: 1530309169221.jpg (750x733, 77K)

Who else misses the look of old mac? Is there anyway to bring it back from this simplified toddler looking garbage?

Doesn't really matter either way

MacBooks will be replaced by iPads soon enough.

Attached: 1384269040252.png (1064x983, 1.55M)

he's wrong, it's illegal to install OSX on anything not mac, it's fine to install any other OS on mac
see also bootcamp

# echo 255 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/pwm1
now it's kinda usable

you should probably choose a better school

Attached: 1396548230581.gif (480x480, 1.38M)

the school is pretty top tier, and the teacher is pretty good, but that particular issue right there just made me cringe

you just proven that you love sucking cock
congratulations

>One is an OS made by professionals and high IQ industry people

lmao wtf

it's just an OS, it's a tool, who the fuck cares. It's like paid helpers complaining about the hammers

Attached: 1381589786363.jpg (1224x1632, 481K)

these retarded fucking tools overheat, throttle, are low-performance even when they don't throttle, are overpriced and the os is made for retards

Where did all of the apple loving pajeets come from?

Cringe...
The hardware sucks because pcbs tend to fail, chagers tend to fail aswell and the battery tends to degrade way faster than a regular laptop battery.

>even though it does not affect my life in any way. is pretty much meaningless, and in the end my anger will not contribute to anything... i am still mad

Why do you do this to yourself user?

Attached: 1540702200398.png (3640x2140, 1.45M)

This pic, is quite possibly the most accurate representation of a certain demographic I have ever seen.

>top tier trade web dev school

I notice a new detail everytime I see it. That or there is some hardcore meme meta here where every time you download it, you have to add something new to the photo.

based

Cringe. Iterm2 is based

All his friends are trannys?

>it's illegal to install an operating system

EULAs are not law, brainlet.

Attached: braindead thinkyman.jpg (142x132, 24K)

It's like buying a brand new shirt and then taking a big shit on it and wearing it everyday

refer to this chart

Attached: 1533357644429.jpg (3936x1888, 1.68M)

cringe-related autism

>eula doesn't fall under copyright law

who's the brainlet now, faggot

Why would you intentionally rape your battery life running anything that is not macOS? Retarded in my view.

Breach of contract is an unlawful civil wrong. It's also a copyright violation.

why would you do that? The hardware is even worse than the software just buy a thinkpad.

>downloading an operating system directly from apple and not distributing it is a copyright violation

Attached: brainlet.png (645x729, 77K)

Freedom

It was beautiful

You will certainly get looks from me in a coffee shop. The first one of disapproval. The second one a half smile because you are still demented for spending that much on a laptop but you will most likely get a pass during the purge.

macOS is now freeware, you know. Most of it is open source as well.