>For monitors include purpose and graphics pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo
>For Win7 in Ryzen pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

CPU
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - If you have a $2000+ budget and don't care that it'll be superseded by 7nm CPUs next year
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Wait for R7 3700X - Surely the best overall and not a massive disappointment like the 9900k
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580/590 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>Waste money - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Or 2080Ti, but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>FOR GAMING START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make your build to drive it appropriately

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous

Attached: intel bulldozer.jpg (700x767, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/bZqmJ8
videocardz.com/newz/asrock-working-on-four-b450-motherboards
youtube.com/watch?v=c44bhvx6vuw
pcpartpicker.com/list/nczfCb
pcpartpicker.com/list/H4TnKB
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

amazon has the 860 EVO 500 gig version for $73. would it be worth it to wait for black Friday/cyber Monday or should I just get it now?

buy it

GPUs don't bottleneck other components.
They output as many frames as they can as long as nothing is holding them back.

Getting a 8700k with a 1060 is a retarded idea because you're simply throwing away money for no gain.
A 2600X would effectively give you the same FPS for your GPU for half the cost.

I'd just get it now. Not worth fretting over potentially being able to save a few bucks more versus missing a sale entirely. Though I saw the 1Tb for like $125 a day or two ago.

Not bad, not great.

I'd check and see the leaked newegg ad if its in the bf sale

Adaptive sync is a meme. That is all.

>I would rather endure microstutters than buy a superior product
The absolute state of cope

it’s $80 in their black friday “sale”

Turboretard here.
What's this about stutter on 144hz without sync? I know about screen tearing, we're not talking about this are we?

>getting microstutters at all
Maybe if you spend more on your pc instead of your monitor you wouldn't get any stutters.

Does the advice about Armor cards still hold true? I was looking at one so I could snag DMC5 for free, but I'd rather have a reliable card that stays cool than save 60 dollars up front.

>Does the advice about Armor cards still hold true?
Crap heatsinks, don't do this.

Do cases matter beyond size and fans? Can I get any case that I like the look of?

>Crap heatsinks, don't do this.
Only as to the 1080 TI model you retard

Features mostly, be it sound proofing, high airflow, number of drive bays, dust filters, easiness of maintenance/building... Don't pick up a case made of tin.

I suppose I should have specified that I'm looking into upgrading to a 580 from my gtx 760.

pcpartpicker.com/list/bZqmJ8
what mobo should I get? Also should I get PSUs from B&H or are they unreliable

Attached: 1542330962356.png (1378x768, 1.74M)

What? They're pretty much terrible on every GPU at this point. I don't think there has ever been a "good" MSI Armor card.

The armor meme is literally just for the 1080Ti and for good reason: they slapped the 1080's cooler on a 1080ti PCB and called it a day. Somehow that translated to armor=bad

>athlon x4 880k cpu
>8gb 1600 mhz ram
>r9 280x gpu
>500w 80+ psu
>240gb ssd
>motherboard
>case
For 300€ did I do good?

you going to donate it?

Attached: lol.gif (395x332, 2M)

Nigga I would've sell you my i5 2400/ 380x build with 8gb of ram for 200euro if you asked. Maybe even 150 if you asked nicely. those parts are so useless I've been trying to sell them for months.

what is this from?

alright boys got a rx 480 and a ryzen 1800x
getting some stuttering and shit and some artifacts every now and then in games, thinking the 480 is dying
now the question is should i pick up a second hand 1070 ti or save up for something like a 2070?

There's a promo code with that though.

>thinks about her bag before her child
Typical whore

amazon started black friday sales a week early

What's a good budget motherboard for a 2600x if I want to use PBO? I was looking at the MSI B450 Tomahawk but apparently MSI boards can't use PBO because of reasons?

INTEL BAD

Attached: 1536546275077.png (430x441, 86K)

Where are you?

so for those who intend to upgrade your computers, what do you with your old parts/build? assuming you don't use the parts for the next build

>I'm jacked in

Isn't the Red Devil still only $200? That's a really good deal with the games.
The armor you would need to reduce clocks with voltage and get worse performance in order to keep it from being loud. You'd basically wind up with RX570 performance.

The cooler is pretty much only sufficient for around 120W TDP cooling, so on a 1060 or 570. Everything above that, they're not.

>The year is 2040
>Black Friday sales start on January 1st
>The year is 2076
>Black Friday is every day
Nice.

Is the RX480 not still under warranty?
Also clean-reinstall your drivers.

Pro4 or TUF I guess are your only real cheap options.
Prime X470-Pro if you want to spend more. It's not really worth its ~$160, but it's decent.

>did I do good?
I don't think I'd even do $150 for that.

Poland

No voltage offset on the MSI boards. I'd go for the Asrock B450 Pro4 boards for PBO on 2600X. Like the Tomahawk/Mortar you get the choice of ATX or mATX.

I'll be honest, I didn't give Red Devil even a cursory glance. I figure anything with a name that gimmicky is trying to make up for something. Where can I learn more about it, temps, noise, etc?

AsRock B450 Pro4 do PBO I believe.

videocardz.com/newz/asrock-working-on-four-b450-motherboards

Can you mail to germany?

I mean I never did, but probably yeah. If you really want to consider it send me a message at [email protected] (yes its real email for shit like this) We can talk more seriously tomorrow I'm not at home right now. And I'll send you pics and usage of parts.

Not him but the Asrock X470 is going on sale for $100, at that price is it a better buy than the B450 for the 2600X?

>The cooler is pretty much only sufficient for around 120W TDP cooling
I run my 1080 armor overclocked as much as Pascal would allow (which isn't much) and I've yet to run a game at 144/1080 that exceeds 72c or even 100% my fan speed.

Will 650w be good enough for an RX 590 & R5 2600? I know the 590 draws a ton of power

I have dual 980s and sick of lack of good SLI support. What should I upgrade to?

Attached: wallhaven-333899.png (1920x1080, 2.99M)

Sent

More than enough

Google. It's actually top 3 when it comes to cooler. Powercolor's warranty service is also pretty good.
It's very thick though so you'll need room for it is the only real downside.

Go for it. It's not quite as good as the Prime Pro, but it's plenty good enough for slightly beyond basic usage.

... getting near 100% fan speed is acceptable to you? Well ok.
And yes, I think the maximum you can overclock a 1060 is... 140W or so? Not a big increase over stock.

Vega. Would usually say the 56, but considering you can get Vega 64 for $440, plus $180 of games, it's a good deal if you care about the games or want to resell them.
That's a blower card though, so you'd probably want to budget in replacing the cooler as well for less noise.

Even 500W would be enough.

What's your monitor? You could either upgrade to Vega/1070ti/1080/2070 level, 1080ti/2080 or go the whole hog with a 2080ti if you hate money. Look at OP to see which cards are recommended for your monitor res/refresh

Thanks. The price difference for the kind of PSU I want that 650w feels like the sweet spot. Are the CAS timings important on an R5 cpu? RAM prices have gone so high and to meet the optimal CL for Ryzen it's much more expensive

I'm getting a Raspberry Pi 3 to make a little PC that can play movies & internet and there's nothing you can do to stop me. I'm not going to be using my 6-core PC shit anymore.

Attached: 3775-04.jpg (1200x900, 238K)

Anyone knows what would affect power draw for gpu despite 100% usage. When playing new AC I get even up to 50W less power usage and thanks to that higher clocks and lower temps than when playing witcher 3 for example. In both cases I'm talking about gpu running at 100%

I have two questions, i don't need any spoonfeeding.

What does PBO do that my x370 board already can't do? Also, is a Vega 56 a good buy at the moment? Do they age well? I would love to play with one and use it, already got a 1080ti which is a good card but it's so fucking boring.

youtube.com/watch?v=c44bhvx6vuw

Is $260 a good price for a refurbished 1070 mini that still has 2 years of warranty from Gigabyte?
My 960 2GB is long in the tooth and this looks like a good deal, will anything beat it black friday?

Attached: 60.gif (711x885, 44K)

I got the 1080p/144hz right now.

That Vega 64 deal is actually pretty ridiculous. Especially since I was already gonna buy DMC5 and RE:R2. I don't usually fuck with AMD though.

Sounds like 4k is still a little to pricey with the 2080TI though.

Attached: 61882901_p0.jpg (4960x3507, 2.3M)

please
the mail-in rebate ends tomorrow

No.

not him but I'm considering the pro4 and looking at the memory compatibility list there's barely anything running above 2933mhz. Should I be worried?

How is it not when it's $380 for the same card new on amazon?
If anything is wrong with it I'll use the warranty it still has.

Just doing a manual OC/timings-tweak on a 3000 CL15 or 3200 CL16 kit will yield good results. Just obviously won't match B-die. But it'll be plenty acceptable.

On my 1600X with a 2133 kit that I OC'd and tweaked manually to 2800 CL 16-17-16-34, the only thing that still really suffers is Oxygen Not Included and Factorio. Everything else is a solid 60+ at least.
If I was making a gaming build though, I'd have started with better RAM as you can get much better performance.

Have fun.

>What does PBO do that my x370 board already can't do?
Isn't PBO a feature on the 2000 series chips themselves, and not on the boards? You just enable it in Ryzen Master
It basically just raises TDP limit so XFR2 can much more aggressively boost.
>is a Vega 56 a good buy at the moment
If you want the games or have someone to resell them to, this is the best GPU sale in like... the past 3 years.
>Do they age well
They seem to be. The $350 Vega 56 which comes with $180 of games is matching the $600 RTX 2070 in BFV.

Single fan? Meh. The Vega56 is a better deal so way pay more for a worse card?
That cooler on it is pretty equivalent to a blower, if not worse. And there are better deals on other cards like the RX580 and Vega right now.

4k is still out of reach now days. Wait for 7nm.
Vega is good with 1440p 144hz Freesync monitors, though, and you can get a good one for around $300. There is that Mbest one, LG has a nice new VA monitor, the Pixio PX277h is IPS with HDR

>Also should I get PSUs from B&H or are they unreliable
This is such a stupid and meaningless question that I can't answer it. It sounds like something a 14 year old who has never bought anything ever by themselves would ask.
>pcpartpicker.com/list/bZqmJ8
>what mobo should I get?
B450M Mortar is on sale and really good. Last I checked it was $70.
Get Q300L for case.

The card is shit. Shit pcb, shit heatsink and it being mini with only one fan makes it even worse. Don't fall for it.

>looking at the memory compatibility list there's barely anything running above 2933mhz. Should I be worried?
Maybe, really. ASRock is probably second worst with memory compatibility next to Gigabyte on AM4.
Which is weird since when Ryzen launched, their Taichi and some others had some of the best memory compat.
You should still be able to get decent results on a manual OC, though. Just might take an extra 0.05v

>That cooler on it is pretty equivalent to a blower, if not worse. And there are better deals on other cards like the RX580 and Vega right now.
>The card is shit. Shit pcb, shit heatsink and it being mini with only one fan makes it even worse. Don't fall for it.
I'd like to add I need a mini card for my case and have been running the equivalent mini 960 2GB from Gigabyte for 4 years without issue.

Literally all I want is to be able to hit 4ghz with the 2600, and going without B-Die can save nearly $100

Which Brands are good for the Vega 64? I'm thinking about ASUS AREZ Radeon RX Vega 64 AREZ-STRIX-RXVEGA64-O8G-GAMING. Don't really wanna fuck with replacing the fan myself and this was sounds like it has some better cooling going on.

Attached: DOAX-VenusVacation_180911_042352.jpg (3840x2160, 1.24M)

not that guy but rx 580 is worse than the 1060, why would you recommend it over the 1070

Nah dude get a Vega 56 and sell the game codes to buy a bigger case. Problem solved.

>I'd like to add I need a mini card for my case
God I just wish these fucking caselets would fuck the fuck off. Like, try getting a big boy case next time maybe? Jesus FUCK.

Just picked up an EVGA 1070 Superclocked for $5500 mexican pesos ($270) , supposedly barely used, It's the lowest I have ever seen in my third world country. How did I do?

Attached: 1070 superclocked.jpg (2367x1331, 360K)

Make sure you get a Gold + PSU, something like EVGA Supernova g3, or seasonic equivalent. Don’t cheap out on it.

the RX 580 is only worse than the 1060 in some games

Yeah I'd prefer to not get a different case since mine isn't made anymore and it fits perfectly into my current setup.
I GUESS I could replace my PSU for an SFX one to make room for a longer GPU, but I'd lose my custom cabling in the process and I don't really want to do that again.

Attached: guts 16-3-20.jpg (3000x2664, 1.73M)

>960 120W TDP
>1070 150W TDP
That's a significant increase for such a small heatsink, looks the same as on the 960 to me.
Sure it won't blow up or anything but my guess is it will be a loud and hot mess that won't be able to boost its clock speed.

>AREZ-STRIX-RXVEGA64-O8G-GAMING
Full nope on that one. It's missing important VRM thermal pads. Get the Powercolor Red Devil or Sapphire Nitro if you can find one for a decent price.

Depends on the game. Power consumption is quite a bit more though and if you're a video game addicted NEET, it's going to add up.

I know it sounds absurd down trading a 1080ti to a Vega, but the way Vega prices have tanked and the way 1080ti demand has steadily climbed the last couple months even in second hand prices, it's not really such a silly thing to do.

Also I have a decent Noctua fan on my CPU now, before anyone freaks out about the stock fan

Do you not understand? you NEED to get Vega, just do it already.
Shilling aside the 1070 mini is alright but I don't trust refurbs too much.

what graphics card and CPU do I get with the MSI MAG27CQ?

Depends if there's a warranty.

My build is currently using the Seasoning Focus+ 650w, which is Gold. I screwed up on my previous build buying a piss poor PSU.

pcpartpicker.com/list/nczfCb

>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models

When did this happen?

For your level the Vega/1070ti/1080/2070 level is pretty well on the money. Vegas are great for the current and if I didn't already have a 1080ti I'd be looking at one. You should still get close to $150 for each of your 980s if that's worth anything.

Rate new PC build
X58 P6T Deluxe
X5675 with NH-D14
12GB 1600mhz RAM
Vega 56 Nitro

Attached: 1033161.jpg (640x591, 44K)

my monitor is at least 3 years old and its 75hz ips. So quite a long time ago.

You're looking at JEDEC ratings. They're irrelevant. Those same ratings have Z370/Z390 Coffeelake pegged at 2666mhz which is rediculous.

Stupid question: Is that an SFX-L PSU? Could you not use a normal SFX one and perhaps extend the GPU? 1070 is not a really new card, they work well but aren't that powerful in comparison to current cards.

I'd get one of the cheap blower ones and either hybrid cooler mod it, or replace it with the Morpheus Vega Edition cooler.
The reference PCB is good, and on the other hand the other models are too expensive. At least in the US.

The Strix on paper should be good, but has issues with the placement of its thermal pads. You can buy new thermal pads and remount the cooler with them to fix that, and then it's good.

Because he has a 960. The RX580 is over twice as good as the 960.
The RX580 is a lot better price:performance if you care about even one of the gmes.

For Mexican prices, that seems alright.

With a shorter PSU, likely SFX, wouldn't you be able to fit a GPU going in front of the PSU...?
Pretty cute, though.
I'm really surprised that doesn't seem loud to you though. That's such a mediocre cooler for a 120W card.

I would think you could find that 1070 mini for closer to $200 used if you really want to go that route.

Considering that people are desperate enough that they're paying $650+ for USED 1080Tis, and you can get Vega for less than half that, if you don't need the extra performance it makes sense.

Started around 3 years ago. And as of this year, virtually every new model is at least 75hz. There are hundreds and hundreds of them.

Fuck me, I'm poor.

EVGA's warranties are transferable but the seller couldn't tell me exactly how old is the card. From the photos it looks like it still has the shrink wrap on, I wonder why. I'm still pretty fucking happy for what I paid.

Attached: 1541650653724.jpg (762x635, 63K)

>That's such a mediocre cooler for a 120W card.
Eh, it may be drowned out by the fuckhuge fan I have situated on the top of the system which keeps everything very nice and cool.

That is almost certainly full ATX. Here's my (outdated) for size comparison, where the SFX PSU is in an ATX to SFX adapter. Note the size of the power cable compared to the housing. But yeah, you had the same idea.

And it's not so much about the performance of the 1070. It's obviously more than an RX580, though less than Vega56.
It's just that 260 for a single fan mini 1070, especially refurbished, isn't a good deal at all compared to all the other deals going on.

Uhh you can get 1080p 75hz IPS for $90-$130 or so.

Attached: 2017 FT03 build rev2.jpg (935x1080, 192K)

I was referring to it having been so long since I've been able to upgrade that I'm this far out of the loop. Still, why doesn't this introduce screen tearing for 60fps gaming?

Yeah think I'm gonna search for a good Vega 64 to upgrade too.

Damn so the Vegas really aren't that good on temps then huh?

Attached: 1518101095645.jpg (212x221, 7K)

Im looking for advice for a used GPU.
My budget is 150 EUR/USD.
thanks

Don't worry I was using 1280x1024 monitor before that and only bought new because it finally stopped working after god know how many years.

>that dusty desk
Clean your room pajeet

I'm og vega nigga who bought reference rx 56 at launch. It runs at 1570mhz 1000mv, 950mhz 1.25v mem and never goes above 75C during stress testing and mostly stays at 50-65 when gaming. AMA

It's ATX

I don't think so. They have stuff above 3200 when jedec doesn't go past 2933. It's just not for the more popular brands like gskill/corsair/etc when you'd think they'd have the most high speed tests for those.

I don't even want to push past 3200 but I really don't want to have to look for compatible memory instead of buying a popular B die, especially when it's so hard to find a decent deal in my part of the world.

Replacing my fx 6300 and decided to make a wishlist of other parts I'll prolly be getting this year. I have a cooler master 212 EVO already but I'm willing to upgrade that too.

pcpartpicker.com/list/H4TnKB

Please be critical, I have a habit of overpaying for stupid shit I don't need and have to learn at some point.

Attached: 1503440913429.webm (640x440, 1.56M)