Just got my first mac, and its great. Fuck you Jow Forums

Just got my first mac, and its great. Fuck you Jow Forums

Attached: knowledge_graph_logo.png (302x302, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thelastpsychiatrist.com/2011/11/luxury_branding_the_future_lea.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

now leave

/thread

enjoy those two minute noodles, user. it's all you'll be eating until you repay the mortgage.

I get paid enough to buy one. Being a hipster web dev who works in a Starbucks in SoCal is nice. Sucks to be a poorfag.

Never listen to Jow Forums. Macs are great

>Fuck you Jow Forums
I bet you wanna fuck me, fag.

poorfags

Have fun with your overpriced Facebook browser!

The true poorfag is the average retards who thinks spending too much money on garbage makes him rich

Stick to the wallmart laptops until you land a decent job, college babies

Enjoy while it is working, and Appel™ is supporting their sheit.
Got used? RIP.

thelastpsychiatrist.com/2011/11/luxury_branding_the_future_lea.html

Whats the tlde

If you just got it this is just your initial impression that is skewed by expectations and the the psychological effect of overpayment. Your opinion about this is irrelevant right now, give it a couple of weeks of daily use first before expounding the veracity of your digital homosexuality.
Delete key?

tl;dr: """Rich""" people who will never be part of the 1% are buying overpriced status symbols to compensate for their inferiority

>people who spend more than they make will always be poor
Im stuned

prove it

Just making sure you noticed before you actually needed it.

>Delete key?

Attached: MLA22LL.jpg (2000x2000, 505K)

they're good. Just overpriced.

>backspace is called delete
>delete doesn't exist

They are good in the same sense capitalism is good

poor faggotry detected

get a job then you too can get nice things.

SAVE US BASED SCATMAN

Attached: 1527690311159.jpg (250x252, 14K)

I wanna buy a mac mini but im mad about the storage and my i7 still works fine, mostly. i just wished having 500 tabs open in chrome wasnt so dog slow.

holy fuck the platform you do work on never fucking mattered. why are you trying to seek validation. do the work you have to do, changing platform doesnt make you any better at your work.

good job you bought a mac btw!!!

Welcome newfren, you've unlocked your first achievement, "Jow Forums is the exact opposite of reality". Proceed to level 2.

>This angers the TwinkPad user

Attached: 1515968413751[1].jpg (2592x1944, 502K)

It's pretty good not having to glue an Apple sticker over your IBM/Lenovo/HP/Acer logo like all these faggots ITT. Women actually sleep with me now, instead of getting about five feet away, seeing it's just a sticker, and shifting smoothly into reverse.

Yeah, cutting-edge psychology research has that effect on people.

>Twink
There's a term I haven't heard in a couple of decades.

>They are good in the same sense that not living in a cave starving and dying of malaria is good
Cool.

Attached: 1536361696468.jpg (688x1434, 234K)

You know, I'm kind of tempted. What are the pros of the os? Hardware seems like it's completely overpriced but people rave about the software experience. So what's so good about the software?

its a good machine, just install brew and you are set.

I build my pc and it sucks, slow as shit. Ryzen 2600 btw. Can't' believe I can't do anything other than browse the web. Complete waste

cmd+backspace
izi

go to lgbt or hm
youll find loads of twinks

honestly macs are just ok
there are a lot of problems that meant i wasnt happy with one as a daily driver

Yep. Majority of rich people stay rich by being frugal and making smart financial decisions daily.

Ass-hats that splurge on frivolous stuff are the 2nd or 3rd generation that have no concept of money management and eventually go broke when they lose a job or the stock market crashes.

Macs are okay, but they're a big waste of money all things considered when compared to other options.

>Hipster living in SoCal
>on Jow Forums
nice LARP

>Just sucked my first dick, and its great. Fuck you Jow Forums

FTFY

>What are the pros of the os?

It strikes a nearly perfect balance between ease of use and power user flexibility. The GUI is best in class, you can map custom keyboard shortcuts to just about everything, trackpad gestures are buttery smooth and natural, everything is object oriented so drag and drop works everywhere, you have a BSD userland running underneath, you can create custom scriptable workflows with Automator and Services, and overall it's made with unparalleled attention to detail and just gets more refined and powerful every year. It's a thing of beauty, really.

Attached: Apple_Macintosh_Desktop.png (513x343, 7K)

Not to mention great compatability with most opensource software. Because a good chunk of the webdev crowd uses macOS, the tooling damn near always works.

That being said you are dealing with outdated packages and terrible support for embedded design. But that's why you just shell out to a Linux box elsewhere or have a Linux VM.

Wait till it breaks. Then you'll be sorry.

Still using my trusty 2011 iMac 2.7Ghz i5

Hasn't let me down yet. I will buy a new one soon and write it off against my tax.

I'll probably buy a MacBook in 2019 if they increase the screen resolution. I also hope they go with 120hz screen. It may be over the top but I love when stuff I use for hours every day feels good to use.

Stop replying to marketers.

Attached: macshills.jpg (4500x3000, 1.6M)

MacOS is more dumb than Windows10, why would I buy into a UX were you can't right click?
iPhones are the only good thing apple shitted out.

They can actually get it fixed under warranty unlike buying a PC with parts from a dozen companies

Before you shill Apple products you should think about who wants them the most: Normies. Normies don't do shit with their computers.

>GUI is best in class
This is an opinion

>you can map custom keyboard shortcuts to just about everything
As if any normie ever uses shortcuts

>trackpad gestures are buttery smooth and natural
???

>everything is object oriented so drag and drop works everywhere
Made for literal retards, congrats

>you can create custom scriptable workflows with Automator and Services
And as we know every normie does that!

>overall it's made with unparalleled attention to detail
This is an empty phrase

>It's a thing of beauty, really
Those 1500 bux were well spent, really. Believe me. JUST AGREE!

All of what you mentioned, while definitely attractive seems doable in Linux though. An i wrong?

SAVE US BASED SCATMAN

Attached: 1541915309710.jpg (215x185, 11K)

Why is this thread still up? Unsubscribed.

If I'm so poor, then why I can afford upgrading my CPU and GPU whenever AMD releases it?
Huh? Fagit! I spend more per year than you on computers!
BECAUSE I CAN
Last month I bought myself most expensive Corsair RGB keyboard, but I'll probably get new keyboard and put that in my computer basement. Where I store my unused computer components.

I LITERALLY PAY FOR INTERNET AND ELECTRICITY, BUY SOME FOOD AND SPEND EVERYTHING ELSE ON COMPUTERS

FAGGOT NIGGGGER, IF I'M SO POOR, WHY I CAN SPEND MORE THAN YOU!?
FUCKING MIN WAGGIE BURGER!

Attached: 1541552005855.jpg (492x559, 64K)

>AMD
>rich
HAHAHAHAHAH

My computer at least doesn't throttle, nigger. I still pay more per year on computers than you.
So, why you're so poor?
My workstation has more threads too. How it feels being threadlet?
I bet you don't even have 128Gb of RAM memory

Haha, fuckin hobo!
I bet you get your daily proteins from sucking dicks because can't even afford quality food.

Attached: 1541202973957.jpg (798x770, 195K)

Poorfag and mad

My desktop is worth more than your Macbook, I guarantee it, yet I still use a 12 year old T60 as my daily driver. True quality and beauty in computing has nothing to do with what it costs, rather, it is about about heart. I'm not going to berate you for your purchasing decisions, but please don't try to justify your purchases by berating others.

My desktop is worth my than my macbook too. No one cares

Why would I be mad? EXPLAIN, how having better computer than yours makes me mad?

Attached: 1542297721088.png (253x199, 6K)

Can you guys believe Apple has been selling laptops with defective keyboards for 3 years in a row and people have been actually buying them on purpose?

Truly incredible.

Attached: 1385251326918.png (348x312, 175K)

Yeah, but the warranty doesn't last that long, and when it does expire, and a component breaks (which happens all the time), you're gonna be dropping about $100 every three months or so for component replacements. And if it's a component that's soldered onto the motherboard (which is the case more and more often these day), you'll be buying a whole new computer.

>amd gpu and cpu
Your desktop sucks lmfao no one is jelous

>appletard subhumans
>people

MACs comes with AMD firepro GPUs

What happened, buddy? You just found out that you got a MAC with AMD GPU?
Or maybe you don't even own a MAC?
Maybe you're just larping and didn't even knew that MACs HAS AMD GPUs!?
You, little piece of shit
I hope you'll get blood cancer.

Attached: 1540904230797.jpg (680x903, 217K)

I said i have a macbook pro not an imac you retard. Im not using any of amds shit products. go back to plebbit

>owns macshit
>calls someone else retard

Attached: 1526512574263.webm (955x533, 2.08M)

WHERE THE FUCK YOU'VE WROTE THAT IT'S MAC FUCKING BOOK? YOU SAID MAC, FUCKING IMBECILE

so you ARE a poorfag

Did you get a man bun too?

>operating system so good retards can use it
Comfy

No one buys imacs

Of course.

Attached: 1518408552201.png (1920x1080, 1.64M)

Retards like you, might. Who struggles with expressing their thoughts.

I just set up my first apple virtual machine
spent an hour on the phone with apple support and now I have full access to iMessage

>This is an opinion

Compare it to any other mainstream OS (Windows, stock Android, Ubuntu or any other Linux / BSD distro really). macOS is designed with intent to an incredible degree. Everything about it is logical and consistent. All other OSs by contrast sloppy, nonsensical, and amateurish.

>As if any normie uses shortcuts

Certainly not Windows users who depend on rote memorization to click their way through every inscrutable and arbitrary part of its retarded Frankenstein UI.

>???

I’m going to assume you’ve never used a MacBook. Have fun flicking your rubber nipple around just to clumsily get around Windows.

>Made for literal retards, congrats

Maybe a GUI isn’t what you’re looking for

>And as we know every normal does that!

No, but plenty of pro users take advatange of it. I guess you’ve only ever played with baby videogame OSs.

>This is an empty phrase

See my first point. Apple’s operating systems are designed holistically and with ease of use as the foremost priority.

tl;dr Fuck off back to Steam little boy.

if man lives his life being frugal enough to become wealthy, then what purpose does the wealth serve in the first place?

If you're the type of person to buy a Mac you'd probably love it, it's simple enough, mostly straightforward, and looks relatively good especially when compared with a lot of out of the box DE configurations on Linux

Most of us either can't stand Apple's business practices, corporate culture, design philosophy, the walled garden mentality, or some combination of the above.

Compute how you want, even if that means embracing Apple's control scheme, we'll always be here to tell you how wrong we think it is

mad

No one cares

Thanks.
Keep us updated when you get your first anal sex.

Attached: this will never be you.gif (464x381, 424K)

>Being a hipster web dev who works in a Starbucks in SoCal is nice.
So, living with your parents then, I see.

>Compare it to any other mainstream OS (Windows, stock Android, Ubuntu or any other Linux / BSD distro really). macOS is designed with intent to an incredible degree. Everything about it is logical and consistent. All other OSs by contrast sloppy, nonsensical, and amateurish.
Again, opinion.

>Certainly not Windows users who depend on rote memorization to click their way through every inscrutable and arbitrary part of its retarded Frankenstein UI.
I don't use Windows, and my OS lets me add keyboard shortcuts.

>I’m going to assume you’ve never used a MacBook. Have fun flicking your rubber nipple around just to clumsily get around Windows.
I have probably used macs more than you, what the fuck does "buttery smooth" mean in the context of a gesture? I've seen them lag a lot, so it makes no sense.

>Maybe a GUI isn’t what you’re looking for
Not an argument.

>No, but plenty of pro users take advatange of it. I guess you’ve only ever played with baby videogame OSs.
Not an argument.

>See my first point. Apple’s operating systems are designed holistically and with ease of use as the foremost priority.
Zero value to this phrase, no connection to quality.
>tl;dr Fuck off back to Steam little boy.
Is your only argument repeating "windows!" And "games!" Over and over?

Report advertisement threads.

As a mostly web dev at this point, all I have to say is yikes OP. You shouldn't have done that.

Just another mac yikes that should warn most people from buying a fischer price-esque system

fn+backspace

>basic functionality
>needs a fn key combination for it
mac is design over function and it shows.

Attached: disgusting.gif (200x150, 474K)

>faggot who is ignorant strikes again
To delete a file in macOS you need to do cmd + backspace.

expensive, but good. the point is that most people here can't justify to spend so much money on a computer or want something to tinker with. so don't listen to them

Report advertisement threads.

>Calls me a faggot
>proves my point on the next line
degenerates like you belong on a cross

rate my 20$ thinkbook

Attached: x220_Sierra.jpg (600x450, 46K)

I’m gonna get one of the new mac minis. Probably the i5 model. Looking forward to it. Apple are overpriced as fuck but they still make good products if you ignore their laptop range.

The delete key’s primary function is for text entry, and by default it works the same way that it would on a typewriter: back up one character and delete. Just because you have specific ingrained expectations from Windows (yes Windows, because all non-Mac keyboards are designed specifically for it) doesn’t mean it’s bad for someone else to do something differently.

On the other hand, meta commands like “delete file” require a modifier key to explicitly signal user intent. Good UI design is supposed to reasonably prevent the user from accidentally performing destructive actions, and the modifier key is that little barrier standing between you and a mysteriously vanished folder full of critical files.

The only people screeching about macbooks are either shitpads turbovirgins or poopfags that can’t afford it.

Anyone got the comic of the guy eating the bag of shit, and then when people ask why, he becomes angry telling them they wish they could afford said bag of shit?

>, and

Attached: DependentFamiliarHamadryas.gif (200x150, 1.03M)