twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hack one.
Sell one.

Bitcoin.

>what do do with even one Wii

maybe play games with it? duh

i dont think the wii has games

Make a better camera

they're a great way to put sorosflix and jewtube on old CRTs, also you can play pretty much every retro console ever made and use a shitload of homebrew. Ditch the black one because that model comes with a few locks that won't make it as useful as the OG white model. (play DVDs and GC games for instance)

if you get like 30 more wii's you could make a mini supercomputer

Put it up your ass.

The Wii is full of emulators and can plug to a CRT without hassle.
It as a shitton of great games, but not Wii games.

If you want a cheap DVD player, that white Wii can do the job.
The Wii library is full of hidden gems but really depends of your taste if you care about them.
The good news is that you can play the entire NES, SNES, Genesis, Master System, Game Gear, Gamecube, GB and GBC libraries via emulators/Nintendont + some cool indie games (Wiiware) + the basic Neo Geo and N64 stuff on a CRT without so much hassle.

Install Gentoo on them and make a cluster out of them. I'm serious, this can be done. They run on (supoosedly customized) PowerPC 750 CPUs, and Gentoo installs are available. Look up WiiToo!
The official YT channel stopped working last year, I don't know about netflix.
However, you can use WiiMC to play files from SMB shares, and the damn things handle low profile 720p with no issues.
Also this. Great little emulation box, especially when used with a Classic Controller.

stick it in your ass

> give them back jabal

fairly sure only reason to keep a wii is playing modified gamecube smash builds on it.

but perhaps using a Original Gamecube has less latency or some shit and is more "tournament" legal. so their might be literally no reason to own a wii. I think wii has a actual gamecube jammed inside of it or is made of 2 gamecubes stuck together or some thing.. could be wrong thou.

the later wii slims didn't have the gamecube part.

eject discs back and forth between them

Attached: 1.jpg (349x237, 7K)

* Hack it and run emulators and pirated wii and gamecube games
* Install debian and do all of that plus have it be a normal PC.

As said earlier, the Wii is great for emulation for all prior nintendo systems. You can use nintendont to play gamecube games from isos and you can use wii back up manager and Usbloader Gx to play wii games from isos ( if you have homebrew)

make the white one get blacked.

Hack them both and install a shit ton of ROMs/ISOs on them and give one to a friend. You've got the whole Wii library and pretty much every 16 bit console (even some 32 bit ones) at your disposal.

Install Gentoo.
Slowly.

Why do Nintenso 64 emulators run like shit on the Wii?

why should they run fast? just because of the brand?
the wii is a potato and the n64 is still partially a black box

DO THIS PLEASE AND POST WEBM

Nintendo's first party emulator seems fine.

kek

Not OP but I've got a white Wii and would like to mod it. What's the best way to do this? I've heard of Wii connect

Voting for this

resident evil 4 wii edition was the best resident evil game of all time

Update to System Menu 4.3 if you haven't and use the Letterbomb exploit to install the Homebrew Channel.

give it back tyrone

Awesome Mario Kart and Smah Bros. Party

wii to wii
youtu.be/TJhvWGVf1Sg

Does that actually work? I have 2 Wiis as well but I'm scared to try.

WiiMC is pretty good for online radio. You CAN connect to an FTP server and watch videos but it chokes hard on 720p even over USB. Or use nintendont to put smash and project M on it and then flip it

It only outputs 480p though.
720p would just go to waste.

ass2ass

Bumpin' for this.

Other than wii2wii, literally nothing. If you actually want to play any GC/Wii games, Dolphin provides a much better experience than the actual console.

Sell 'em

bait

Attached: 1538686890218.png (657x527, 19K)

be double gay

even if its bait I agree with him. Enjoyed playing mario galaxy much more at 1080p60 with an xbox360 controller. Only downside was the fucking motion control gimmick still existed so I bound the right stick to flicking the remote over the screen and had no issues.

Be warned: there were plenty of white Wiis that Nintendo crippled the DVD player. Further warning: I was heavy into my softmodded Wii a few years back, but never found a decent DVD player. Mplayer was the least-worst.

>chokes hard on 720p
I've found format has a lot more to do with this. I've got a few 720p movies that play fine on mine, but most stutter like Joe Cocker dancing.

Keep the white one, it might be an early model.
Throw the black one away because it's a Family model.

>ruining a Wii's laser unit using it as a shitty DVD player when actual DVD players are cheap as dirt already and there's few reasons to even play DVDs at all in $current_year
literally and unironically kill yourself

weewee lol

Sell one, mod the other. The Wii had some fun games that will never be ported to new consoles due to control gimmicks.

E.g., house of the dead 2 & 3 and overkill

Why does the black one look so weird? I thought all Wiis expect the Wii Mini were identical?

What about other games?

1. The Nintendo 64 is a complex platform to emulate correctly
2. The open source N64 emulators available today are just not that good
3. The Wii wasn't very powerful, even for its time. It was only a slight upgrade from the GameCube and it didn't have to do HD graphics.

Nintendo's first party emulator uses game-specific hacks. It's the best way to play those specific games on the Wii, but you're SOL if you want to play other N64 games.

There was a Wii Family edition that came later.

You have vertical and horizontal Wiis, you can tell which is which by looking at the orientation of the Wii logo. Can't remember the exact differences but they're very similar in functionality. Horizontal Wiis might be missing the GC controller ports.

fucking do this

Video streaming on the wii is a pain in the ass. The internal wi-fi is garbage and ethernet adapters are hard to come by. Also no hardware decoding and garbo cpu mean it can't decode any decent quality. I've tried 720p and it just froze the whole console. Tried WiiMC, MPlayer and GeexBox. Literally unusable. I imagine it might have been able to do like 640p or something along those lines but I just gave up at that point...

This is the best reason to use a Wii. All Wii firmware versions can be softmodded, and the Wii is one of the most powerful devices that can be connected to a CRT TV in real 240p mode, so you can use it for authentic-feeling SNES and Mega Drive emulation. They're also really cheap these days.

If you want to use the Wii for something you could just use a RasPi or a cheap HTPC for, don't bother.

Also I have never managed to get SMB shares to work with WiiMC (or any other player for that matter). FTP worked but again videos were unplayable

>and ethernet adapters are hard to come by
I've been using a chink one since I bought the console back in 2007. Not a single issue. It isn't even specifically made for the Wii, it just has the same chipset as the first party one.
>I've tried 720p and it just froze the whole console
Depends on the codec and format. Very low profile 720p h264 will play fine in my experience.
>I have never managed to get SMB shares to work with WiiMC
Works in my machine(tm). I'm not even connecting to a Windows box, I play my stuff off my homeserver running samba atop Debian.

>Being this retarded

>Very low profile 720p h264 will play fine in my experience.
I bet you can see all 4 pixels
> I'm not even connecting to a Windows box, I play my stuff off my homeserver running samba atop Debian.
Same I'm using a samba server on top of ubuntu but I can't seem to be able to get it to connect no matter what I try /shrug

isn't a wii just 2gamecubes glued together....

could you join 2wiis together some how and have a 1080p wii or 4wiis together and have a 4k wii.

> OP glues two Wiis together
> Accidentally Nintendo's next gen console
Post results OP.