I can see why you guys find him annoying

I can see why you guys find him annoying.
Jesus he's like an obnoxious nerd who thinks he's cooler than everyone else.

Attached: linus.jpg (489x442, 45K)

He's also a bum pirate

he has that aids look to him

isn't that the dude who created all of those anime desktops

Everyone hates him on here, but deep down they know Linux knows more about tech than anyone on this board.

I always wonder if he actually knows something more about pc's than your average gaymer.

there's a thread about this every single day.

at one point, probably, now? nope

he tried to install ubuntu within this year and couldn't do it, that's why he has a Jow Forums nerd there now

>thinks he's cooler than everyone else
Never got that impression.

so he bashed amd about something, I take?

i thought he married a gook?
also, earrings in both ears, 150% chance of homosexuality

me neither
>hating someone for no reason, other than "my internet friends hate him"
>do I fit in yet guise
guy just talks about shit he likes : computer stuff. I would do the same if I wasn't an awkward fag, considering you can make money out of it

Isn't he trying to start his own tech convention because most...if not all, the tech industry thinks he's a whiny, entitled brat and doesn't take him seriously?

Yeah we all know deadmau5 is overrated but this isn't /mu/

>talked up the molecular food scanner kickstarter scam, hyping it up and getting tons of people to jump on the bandwagon without providing adequate scientific basis
>no reason to dislike him
How's uh. How's your food scanner serving you?

If you feel that way then why are you here still?

>he tried to install ubuntu within this year and couldn't do it, that's why he has a Jow Forums nerd there now
This has to be a joke? I installed Red Hat when I was 10 in fucking 1997.

I find his presentation a bit cringy, as a result I don't watch much LTT content often anymore.
Though whenever they do more esoteric projects (especially projects involving virtualisation) I give them a look, as I find the bridge between enterprise hardware and consumer use cases quite interesting. On that note though I watch more Level1 content these days.

>his voice
>his clickbaity videos
>fucking ads
Motherfucker you make millions already, why do I need to hear about a cold coffee drink before you talk tech. Fuck you.

Attached: Screenshot_6.png (556x370, 234K)

Ubuntu is as easy to install as XP, literally just next next next ok, and then you grab some drivers if you need them. In no way whatsoever is it even in the realm of difficulty unless you're trying to install it on a Mac.

Yeah, that's my point. Did he really fail to install it? It's dead simple.

maybe taking a sip of MADRINAS ICE COLD COFFEE would cool your rage

he couldn't get display drivers to work properly

He made Linux, he IS cooler than everyone else faggot

>It's linus' fault I backed a kickstarter without doing the research, not mine! Personal accountability is a capitalist construct!

Attached: commies in a nutshell.jpg (700x865, 93K)

You can't create and maintain a whole kernel that runs in 90% of the world servers and supercomputers by just knowing about PC gaming, user, he's clearly a genious under that dumb appearence

He should work on the Linux kernel instead of making these obscene videos.

Freddie Mercury also proposed to a female at first

You think he's bad, I however think the blatant chantards who are on YouTube are 10x as cancerous. Just the most infuriating pointless and disgusting pieces of shit you'll find, people who constantly meme and make dead jokes in real life.

Its not fucking funny. It is not funny. How many fucking years are you fucking rebbitors going to keep making this beyond stale joke 100 times a week? Fucking hell.

I don't find him funny but I don't find him annoying. He does have some interesting videos from time to time. I have found stuff from him I couldn't find elsewhere unless poorly explained by an indian.

Stop advertising Linus. Fuck off you cunt

Yeah it's not funny that he dropped Linux kernel development to make some stupid videos. Is Linux dead now, without him?

I think he's fine and doesn't take himself seriously, especially compared to the vast majority of tech channels on youtube that just spam the same video about phones or apple products over and over again.

Attached: berserk_void_francesco_biagini.jpg (709x1126, 185K)

He can't compete

Attached: 1539186806881.png (900x1200, 2.01M)

His videos are fine as long as he sticks to consumer shit. Anytime he does anything remotely professional/enterprise IT it's a complete cringefest.

>hey guys lonus here
>lets take 3 raid 0 arays and put them into a raid 5 using 4 different raid controllers and not keep any backups
>this is so cool
>oh shit what happened to my data

>lets cram all this server equipment into a small ass closet with no ventalation

Attached: chromosometheft.jpg (540x720, 55K)

No he's the guy that created Linux

What? I recently installed KDE neon on my laptop and the whole process was basically naming your account, connecting to WiFi and clicking next. Wtf. Took maybe 15 min until it was done.

user if you're a professional product shill like Linus you should be expecting to be held accountable for your recommendations.
I do sympathize, it's stupid on the face of it. But Linus's viewers are young children. It's not right to expose them to lies like that. And Linus is almost certainly complicit in this. Because we can expect him to have done this research you suggest even if it wasn't a blatant scam.

>getting mad about a dude who makes money talking about things he knows more about than most regular people and enjoys doing it

The jealousy in this thread is too much

Attached: 1534177410152.jpg (638x703, 40K)

Legit question but why don't you guys like him?

Linus is /ourguy/. Fuck off, dork.

they're jealous

He bites pillows.

[spoiler]so?[/spoiler]

Maybe ill pour that into my PHANTOMGLASS™

He's a good listener.

He's good with colours.

He likes mens bottoms.

Ubuntu has the most noob friendly installer.
It's friendlier than Windows.

>*he knows nothing about
FTFY famalan, don't mention it.

He unironically wears sandals and socks, he knows he's not cool. Just enthusiastic.

Because he knows 90% of his audience block ads on youtube.

Everyone know that, but not everyone is willing sacrifice their content quality for some additional $$

I don't watch his videos regularly at all, so the ones I've seen seemed pretty normal. people talk about stuff they _think_ it's good, or just for money. I'd do the same. I'm not defending him, I really don't care if people hate him or not, I don't watch his videos, but I don't think we should hate someone because of so little

>Motherfucker you make millions already
how do you think he's making that money?

hue

I like his videos, it's fun to watch someone fucking up simple things or just doing them in the worst way possible and accomplishing what he wanted in the end, feels like watching those american TV series, but 100% about tech. And he may be a little faggy, but I don't think he acts with an air of superiority like you said, he's just trying to be cool.

Attached: 11975ubuntu_at_best_buy_550.jpg (550x723, 54K)

how do i stop his videos from popping up on my recommended tab on jewtube

I didn't back it, though. I'm just a third party observer looking down on the awful influence Linus actually has that does not correspond with his wisdom or actual intellectual capacity. It's pretty bad, and it's a great reason to dislike him if you ask me. I dunno your opinion on it though, but I would guess yours is the opposite.
It goes beyond "he's popular and talks about computers". See above response to some memester who replied to me, for example.

u stupid?

>Jow Forums - Discussion about e-celebs reviewing consumer technology

based AIDs look poster

yep. ass bandit

Ever since he took time away from kernel development due to that CoC bullshit, he seems to have changed.

>6 weeks off to take his time to "behave nicer"
>actually spending some time to write a filter that won't send his mails when there is too much swearing
>5 weeks of time off spend on learning regex

jagsparroo thread of Jow Forums

I don't hate Linus. He's found a market to exploit and has made it work for him. You need to sell out hard in highly competitive environments to maintain that No.1 spot because someone else is just behind you waiting to take the spot.

What I do hate though is the underage and mentally retarded user base that dominates the YouTube demographics and creates the huge demand for this type of brain dead, click bait content that's riddled with more ads that a superbowl commercial. PC gayman hardware inherently attracts manchildren and thus the content must be made to their mental level which is that of a drooling retard who has a strong allegiance to particular consumer brands and will shield them from all criticism as if virginity depended on it.

Attached: LinusMediaGroupIncorporateFans.png (1279x720, 877K)

The earrings say he's just a faggot.

no u?

>worth millions
>gets to play around with cool stuff I’ll never get a chance to own, even though he’s an absolute brainlet
>gets to watch Luke bang his Asian wife on the regular and probably films it on one of the free 4K cameras he gets sent for no fucking reason

I have never been more jealous of anyone in my entire life.

no, he created linux.

Based and FOSS pilled

>getting this triggered by plebbit zoomers

Look at the amount of views he gets per video, he gets paid at least 5 figures for each of those ads.

Attached: linus creator of linux.png (1100x618, 467K)

Stop clicking on them, dislike the video if you click one