Why do people like him again? I haven't heard so many misconceptions even in an LGR video

Why do people like him again? I haven't heard so many misconceptions even in an LGR video.

>not knowing how parallel ports work
>not knowing that many 16-bit ISA devices run in 8-bit mode also
>not knowing that ATA is basically ISA
>not knowing about serial MIDI devices

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 161K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xAlkgAaX4A4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hipsters

>haha people like old things so they are hipsters xDDD

who the fuck are you talking about?

AkBKukU
youtube.com/watch?v=xAlkgAaX4A4

I didn't want to include a link, so only people who actively watch him and recognize the thumbnail would comment.

Don't bully him
He lurks on Jow Forums and might see this

Do you actually think this is a safe-space where people should not be called out for their stupidity? Seriously, go eat shit retard or jerk off some traps.

the other option would be that you killed yourself
its obvious advantage would be you quit wasting oxygen.
now go!

>whaa stop making fun of my ecelebs

16-bit? Isa what? I have no idea what you're even talking about you cock goggling faggot

Neo-Jow Forums everybody.

who actually gives a fuck, retrocomputing in general is full of nostalgic morons with fuzzy childhood memories that think they know everything and you just learn to live with it

>soundblaster
is it? im not falling for the clickbait, but i seem to remember there were sound boards for the amiga via parallel port so its probably one of those

or did i dream it, idk

The Amiga didn't need one, it was the peasants choice, the Atari ST, that needed one.

I give a fuck, people shouldn't teach others when they have no idea about what they are teaching.
This is obviously meant to be an educational video, but it's far from accurate.

Amiga had parallel/serial MIDI adapters. Zorro sound cards.
PC had several parallel port sound devices too.

>>soundblaster
>is it?
It's a SoundBlaster compatible sound card.

Neo-g best g

I'm sure you could make a DOS TSR driver for that sound card. Just like the Adlib LPT devices are.
Parallel port is pretty much same as ISA when you run those devices off them, all you need to do is make sure that the address is correct. That's basically what the Adlib LPT driver does, redirects the address to the LPT port. This also has to account for the PATA layer in between though but the idea is the same.

who in the fuck is actually watching this trash with the intention of learning anything? this shit is and always should just be viewed as mindless entertainment, if you actually take retrocomputing seriously you should be participating in online communities, reading documentation and hobbyist resources and skimming through archived books and magazines to learn shit, not wasting away in front of a screen watching youtuber clickbait garbage.

shut the fuck up and stop shilling this retard, just start an actual retro thread next time if you have something interesting you want to impart on the rest of us

zoomers

>shut the fuck up and stop shilling this retard, just start an actual retro thread next time if you have something interesting you want to impart on the rest of us
Irony at its finest. Retro threads on Jow Forums are just as bad as e-celeb jerkoffs. Specially ironic after you say:
>if you actually take retrocomputing seriously you should be participating in online communities, reading documentation and hobbyist resources and skimming through archived books and magazines to learn shit, not wasting away in front of a screen watching youtuber clickbait garbage.

>Retro threads on Jow Forums are just as bad as e-celeb jerkoffs.
they sure are but still definitely better than lowkey pushing some faggy monetized youtube channel

>pushing some faggy monetized youtube channel
OP here.
Hence the reason I didn't even post the video link at first.

nah, yeah, you only started a thread about it and specifically name dropped it, but obviously you were just here to regurgitate some wiki trivia about shit nobody cares about and discuss that instead, right?

fuck off retard

I asked why people here recommend that YouTube channel if it's so inaccurate and we shouldn't do that.
Pull your head out off your ass.

yes, instead of making a thread about good channels that are worth watching you shit up the board with yet another free LGR publicity thread pretending to complain about it which is arguably an even better strategy than outright shilling because we both know it's going to get more replies and people are still going to google what you're pretending to bitch about anyway, thus giving him more views and revenue

there's really no way to spin this thread's existence in a way that doesn't make you look like a shill or just a fucking moron

Hei, as long as it makes you mad, it's just a bonus.
I don't care if people watch those channels as long as they know the inaccuracies.

>yes, instead of making a thread about good channels that are worth watching
You mean the circlejerk threads we have every week?

>in all fields
>still bumped the thread
Geez, you really are pathetic.

>the retard who literally started a thread trying to get people to jerk off with him about how smart he is for knowing more obsolete bus trivia than some dipshit gaming youtuber is complaining about circlejerks
lol

you're right though you're so desperate for attention you'll probably keep replying to me until 6 am since nobody else seems to give a shit about this gay thread, so I'm out

Thanks for the *last* (You), friend.

I don't even have the slightest idea what you people are talking about

>comes into a obvious bait / shitposting thread
>actually starts complaining unironically
go do the same in every other shit thread of the board

OP here. This is not me.
user is not wrong though.

Its called being a brainlet

What did the Atari ST need?

Every bit of help it could get to be remotely competitive with the Amiga.

Hello druaga1

never heard of him, but he sounds like that junkie Drugga1

apparently they are friends or at least this faggot OP mentions started doing videos because the Druggie420

YouTube is full of people who have no idea what they are talking about, does it really come as a surprise?

van someone explain to me what OP is talking about?

van?

Because he makes entertaining content, you shit for brains retard.

Some youtuber who made a couple of mistakes when he was talking about computers in his video.

>couple of mistakes

Attached: 1491085639273.png (436x361, 177K)

>make videos for fun
>get ridiculed by neets on Jow Forums
sounds 'bout right