What's your experience with password managers and which one would you recommend?

What's your experience with password managers and which one would you recommend?

Attached: Untitled.png (1235x769, 138K)

I recommend just remembering your god damn passwords instead of being such a fucking brainlet.

>Remembering hundreds of different max-length random strings
okay shitbrain.

I used to like 1Password but they've been switching to a cloud only model, so I think I might switch back to keepass

Keepassxc

stfu
keepass2, convert your database, keep it OFFLINE
any keepass2 compatible app
Use keepass2, keep ur shit offline

Attached: 1538996804261.jpg (441x329, 41K)

I keep in a text file on a USB drive, while would I pay for some company to do that for me? Genuinely asking what the benefit is.

Use Bitwarden.
An open source version of LastPass.
/based/ and g/approved ™.

The inbuilt keychain on OSX is pretty much covers everything for me.

spent fuckknows how much on lastpass for 2 years. Use it occasionally to generate passwords. android app is a pain in the arse.

If you like 1 password, don't bother. If you wanna be secure then get one

This. Keepass2 is great and gives me control of everything. Get yourself a cheap or an old spare flash drive for max security.

Keepass(xc)

I tried out keepassXC but I'm too lazy to change all my passwords. It's also kind of annoying that I have to leave it open for it to work with the browser.

my password manager is my brain, I recommend using mine, I'll memorize your passwords for free :>)

Yeah this. Had been using 1Password since 2008 but am over their cloud first bullshit. Plus I started running microg a while back and couldn't get my paid version to run because it uses play services for licence verification. Bitwarden hasn't got all the functionality and polish yet but its got everything that matters, including a version on all platforms I use, browser extensions and the auto-fill services works great on iOS 12 and Android Pie, both of which I run daily.

Pass is the standard

KeePass*.

Hi password123!

>lose usb drive
>whoever finds it has all your passwords
Gee, you sure outsmarted everyone.

i store my pws in a pw protected excel file that is stored in a cryptomator encrypted dropbox folder

Attached: chess.png (427x519, 341K)

not him but you can encrypt it

keepass2 if you don't need it available on multiple devices. for multi-device syncing use I've been using bitwarden for a few months on a VPS that I VPN'd to my home pfsense box and phone if I'm out somewhere. Works pretty damn well

where do you store the file's pw?

I just use Keepass + cloud
I keep a keyfile stored locally in my devices, though

>The inbuilt keychain on OSX is pretty much covers everything for me.
Does it also cover the likelihood of your passwords being uploaded to God knows which servers as well?
>security
>using a proprietary password manager of all things

I use lastpass for my normie shit because I don't actually care for most of it
>hrrdrr
Anything actually important I keep encrypted locally or just remember. I rely of 2fa for the rest
>2fa isn't secure
I'm not bin laden

looks like 1password still has a standalone license model but it's through the app. just use an older version until it's cracked.

Any solution whose only option is to host a full bloated Microsoft SQL Server instance is not a good option.

Maybe if the devs were less retarded, I'd go for it.

I use lastpass and different email for mundane websites that I really don't care if someone got the access to, it's easy to use and automatic password changing is a neat feature that I use regularly. For sites that I care about I just use a long pass phrase and my main email that I vary from site to site, if the pass phrase is personal and long enough it's really trivial thing to remember and easy to vary by changing word order or adding words in depending on the site.

Don't use anything other than keepass. If you're trusting a third party with your passwords you're a fucking moron and deserve what you get.

Also you can use keepass on multiple devices if you host your keepass database on an HTTPS/SFTP/SSH server. It automatically syncs when you save the database - pulling the latest copy and merging rather than overwriting.

In my pp. I have a device I jizz into that unlocks the file.

brainlets BTFO by FPBP

fpbp and based

Then at that point you're manually doing what a good password manager already does for you automatically.

What's the big deal with using LastPass?
Yes, it's cloud-based and closed-source, but I have 2FA for anything remotely important

>keep it OFFLINE
why?
it's encrypted, there's really no reason to keep it offline.