Bruhs, should I learn c# or java?

Bruhs, should I learn c# or java?

Attached: 2771B54D-B221-4A11-83A5-36C03ECDE566.jpg (581x767, 105K)

Learn Windows Batch scripting

not Java

What’s so bad about Java?

It werks but it's nothing special. C and its derivatives will be around forever.

I'm no programmer but do want to code for fun, should I go python?

Its purely a hobby.

yes

Python

I’m looking to build enterprise pajeet software

fpbp
/thread

C# if you
>only really care about the language and not the ecosystem around it
or
>are willing to work within an ecosystem almost entirely controlled by microsoft
Java otherwise

Both languages are very similar and easy to learn

Learn java. C# is bundled in all the rest of .NET and means you'll be forcefully stuck with Microsoft.

Don't listen to this.

C, java, javascript, python... They're different tools for different projects.

It's much easier to get a job in java since it's a lot more generalized. I personally like C more as I love low-level embedded systems; but I work as a java developer.
Whenever I make stuff for myself I do it in python because albeit slower, it's a lot more flexible.

Either. I'd go with Java though because with C# you're stuck in the .NET environment (which in itself is pretty nifty though). So if you want to do strictly Windows programming, do C#.

>I work as a java developer.

What does the company you work for do with Java?

I started programming a research project in Python with NetworkX and regret that I didn't do it in Java with my own custom classes. I hate programming it now because Python is so damn awkward especially for object-oriented stuff.

There isn't that much of a difference between the two, relative to other programming languages. So, just do whatever you like the most, and forget about which one is the better

Control centers for trains and derivatives like subways. In other words, software to control where trains are and to move them in the tracks both manually and automatically.

I know the project I'm developing was migrated from C to java. It is a very old project.

Nice, sounds like something I'd like to work on. Keep up the good work.

Stop bullshitting with c# being windows only,.dotnet core is multiplat and they'll ditch the old dotnet soon. Only GUI applicstions don't work on non windows but how often do you create multiplatform fat clients instead of thin web clients nowadays? You do fat clients in some business areas like multiscreen applications for stock brokers (my job) and lack of multiplat is not a concern there as only autists use Linux on no servers. Overall c# is a pretty comfy corpo job. Java is overall worse than c#, as a bonus you often get to work on legacy hindu projects since it's not used for new projects at often now.

well, then Java 4sure

>part of the runtime was made cross platform last year(!), that makes it a serious contenders against languages that have been cross platform for 15 years
lmao
Since you're using C# professionally, let's have a short survey, shall we?
For each item in your dev stack, where applicable, mention the name of the technology, and the company that develops it.
>operating system
>web framework
>ORM
>database
>cloud platform
>version control
>GUI framework
>IDE
>build system
>application server
Just a simple experiment.

Just because in some situations you can go against the current, .NET still is and will be a MIcrosoft lock-in.

You're blind with fanboyism.