Amp recomendation

I'm about to pull the trigger on a pair of Klipsch RP-160M's for a public living space at my house.
Currently browsing Amps/ receiver options.

The rooms 18x14
Hardwood ceiling
Polished concrete floor
Speakers will be placed decently wide. Around 6 feet probably.
I plan on getting a turn table soon as well.

Drop some recomendations.

Attached: RP-160M-WL-1400x1000.jpg (1400x1000, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

emotiva.com/collections/amps/products/a-100
emotiva.com/collections/amps/products/a-150
emotiva.com/collections/amps/products/a-300
emotiva.com/collections/pre-amps/products/ta-100
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1. the Klipsch suck, get Wharfedale Diamond 225 instead for 2 times superior sound

2. if you want an integrated amp to hook a cd player or turntable, check out NAD C 326BEE. If you want high-end there are too many to choose from for your desired usecase so be specific.

>Klipsch suck
Idiotphiles hate Klipsch mostly because it's mainstream

For this particular model, there is a lot of upper end and midrange distortion at normal listening levels, and the tweeter hurts after 30 minutes. If you think this is unlikely, try them out at BestBuy. Generic Sonys are actually better.

>I plan on getting a turntable
>reflective surfaces everywhere
Get a tube amp and fullrange speakers, you obviously care more about voodoo than sound

Attached: P1020887.jpg (1200x1600, 110K)

? If you don't need a remote I would highly suggest searching an old silver face M
I mean, how much do you want to spend? Do you need a remote controlarantz receiver. 2220, 2238/2238B, or higher if you want more power. I know some have phono input. If you can find one that's been serviced/recapped that is a bonus

>tweeter hurts after 30 minutes
This is what happens when you use garbage or chink shit amps, user. That is exactly what happened to me when I owned RB-61 ii (an older bookshelf speaker) and when I picked up a Marantz 2270 everything became so much better. Old Marantz and Klipsch are a perfect match. Emotiva and Parasound as well. Definitely would never recommend a Rotel or cheap AudioSource amp to pair together.

The _only_ reason the Klipsch might not be a good fit is because of all the bare walls, ceiling, and floor. I highly suggest you get a very thick rug(s). That is the one negative of Klipsch is they do not like being in high echo rooms

The RP160s cost about $325 refurbished on Amazon. The amp youre recommending looks about 40 years old and is priced at $1200 without shipping. Not the best combination. Seem like anyone could find much better combos for close to $1600. And there are even better combos for under $1000.

Attached: 61VMEooQZZL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 92K)

spend half your money at least on room treatment

Attached: sergio.jpg (1180x842, 666K)

>$1200
Where the hell are you seeing those Marantz prices? That is incredibly outlandish

ebay

OG commenter here
no the amp doesn't fix the tweeter horn at all.

i used the rp 160 with an AD18 and Denon 1600NE and the sound signature remained the same.

any other than that, the whole sound signature is the most boring shit i've ever listened to, only things that sound nice are past 2khz but the whole soundstage feels like listening through a tunnel, would never recommend these, was my first klipsch and my last

Attached: WhatsApp Image 2018-10-01 at 17.08.53.jpg (1200x1600, 155K)

many people dislike Klipsch but some like it
i have no idea why though - they hurt my ears

An amplifier change won't normally affect the sound result like that.

old people with high frequency hearing loss

>first klipsch and my last
Go heritage or go home. But people keep buying best buy tier

Attached: 41436376_2281688721861172_2678732830061625344_n.jpg (720x960, 53K)

because they usually never did a real comparison and were jewed by getting the whole 5.1 setup at their local bestbuy whatever

there simply are much better speakers out their. the klipsch simply sound cheap

yea that was my claim

for me it's not like the high frequencies were actually harmful, but simply out of place since it didn't bond at all with the rest of the sound signature

i hear alot of good things from heritage series but they lost my trust for now. i have monitor audio bronze 2 at the moment but i will return them in a couple of days

Attached: 20181020_125125.jpg (3024x4032, 2.61M)

You are welcome to hear my Cornwalls or CF4 any time user

Attached: 33675039_2162386767314485_5575715501306281984_n.jpg (720x960, 53K)

in contrary, their subsidiary Jamo is doing really solid stuff right now as it seems

People tend to put way to much stock into an amp. If you want big and clean sound, get big efficient speakers. Advice for OP, don't spend more than what you spent on the RP-160M's.

Emotiva's cheaper offerings would be adequate. Just keep the box and all warranty info ready.

There is a big difference going from bottom tier best buy avr and an XPA Emotiva amp

Consider Pioneer SP-BS22-LR speakers as an alternative, OP. A local brew-pub has hard reflective surfaces throughout (large glass, concrete floor, brick walls, metal ceiling) much like your room. They have those Pioneers up on shelves and I'm always amazed how smooth they sound in there. I was also surprised at how good the bass is, and I listen to big vintage speakers at home. They cost a lot less than your Klipsch so you can put that money towards a nice amp (Yamaha A-S301 or A-S501) and turntable.

Vintage Marantz does sound terrific, but baby boomers have been running up the price on them. They're also at the age of needing restoration ($$$). For the same reason an average Joe wouldn't want a classic Jaguar to drive to work everyday, you probably don't want 70's silver-face gear.

Attached: DSCN0002.jpg (1600x1200, 781K)

eh, the XPA's are a bit overkill for sub 2k speakers.

$400 max
Amp only:
emotiva.com/collections/amps/products/a-100
emotiva.com/collections/amps/products/a-150
emotiva.com/collections/amps/products/a-300

Amp + processing:
emotiva.com/collections/pre-amps/products/ta-100