/spg/ - Smartphone General

Galaxy S10 Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: Dr5ETSZWkAA3IYN.jpg (1781x1187, 577K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mozoaccessories.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why no top spec fone for manlets? :(

Thinking of getting the Mi A2 Lite. Never owned a Xiaomi before. How is the build quality? Will it last for at least 3-4 years?

Is $530 for a new Pixel 2 XL good? I want it for the camera.

yes, just get a case along with it. I recommend Ringke, their fusion line is a fantastic blend of function and aesthetics.

Blocky phones are comfortable to grip.

Attached: 1515514092516.jpg (800x450, 24K)

XZ1 / XZ2 Compact?

I love the aluminum aesthetic of this, looks kinda retro.

Any suggestions for UK Three network £400 budget. really not fussed about camera just want something fast that will last me 2-3 years and also isn't fuck off huge so that its annoying to put in your pocket

Attached: 1466618522188.jpg (540x540, 83K)

>czech republic
>vodafone/t-mobile/o2
>7000-8000 CZK ($300-350)

I have a nearly 7 year old iPhone 4, so anything is an upgrade at this point. I have no preferences with regards to OS, notch, size, camera etc.
A headphone jack, good battery capacity, acceptable display and smooth operation for daily usage (web browsing, apps like spotify/whatsapp) are the only things I need.

Repostan - I'm picking between buying a G6 (slightly cheaper) and Nokia 7 Plus (slightly more expensive).
Which would be a better choice now? Nokia appeals to me more with the design and andro one, while the G6 appeals with a better SoC and IP68.

pocophone

too big bezels

p20 lite

Nokia 8 Sirocco or Essential phone then, both phones ~140mm tall. Pixel 3 is 145mm. Sharp Aquos R2 Compact is 131mm but that phone will probably be available in Japan only.

best camera budget / midrange phone?
all I know is that xiaomis and motorolas are know to have mediocre cameras. I want something under 400 euro that actually takes decent pictures regardless of other specs (and isn't some retarded looking half camera half phone like some of those older Nokias)

A SD625 is an anemic SOC. Your longevity requirements preclude it.

Just buy a DSLR and the Pocophone.

Galaxy S8

ok thanks I'll be carrying both in my front pocket for when I need to quickly take pictures while walking somewhere at work or university etc

noted, thanks. is there anything a bit cheaper though?

How good is the Razer Phone 2 headphone dongle? Is there any difference with normal headphone jack?

If you're prioritizing camera performance on fucking smartphones and budget ones at that, you are deeply confused. Not only is the hardware physically different and smaller, but prioritizing camera performance is a good recipe for being ripped off. Just buy the Pocophone or the Mi 8 and use Gcam.

>best camera budget / midrange phone?
Pocophone with GCam

Not that user but a second hand s8 is ideal, the camera, specs and finish are better than the $100 you'll save trying to get a better deal.

If I'm prioritizing camera and have a small budget then I'm not getting ripped off if I get subpar performance compared to phones with bad cameras in the same price range. I realize good cameras are kind of a flagship exclusive feature but I'm trying to buy the best thing I can for my needs

LG V30 or Pixel 2 XL?

Pixel 1 are very cheap now and still have a top-tier camera.

wowie epic leak OP

Attached: 1.png (926x608, 841K)

Do you guys factory reset your phones?

Attached: 2.jpg (1000x667, 69K)

RESPOND

Attached: dims.jpg (1000x667, 82K)

i like fortnite

It's not a leak, it's simply the S9 photoshopped to look how the S10 will be.

Why?
Why right out from the corner?
Why not just mke a corner notch so its right at the edge?

Is it worth waiting fot the s10 at this point or should i get a new s9+ for 450 dollaritos.
To me it seems perfect with no notch, headphone jack, extra storage, ehich might as well not exist in s10. Its is also 150 than 6t.
Help me brothers

The only good phone camera s are in flagships, but gcam can make a lot of mediocre cameras reasonably usable.
That said if you truly prioritize the camera over everything else, I'm sure you can find a Lumia 950 for very cheap. Its camera is still right up there with modern flagships in terms of image quality, though it has no dual lens meme features. Hell you could get one of those and carry along with a cheapo lagdroid phone for your app needs, not hard to fit two phones in a pocket.

$150 cheaper than 6t

LG why, I can't even comprehend!

That's not LG

>trying to find a decent screen protector
>they're all shit with dot matrixes
>every faggot recommends the $50 white dome one
Fucking curved glass, I remember when things were simpler..

Muh symmetry. But I guess on that spot it won't get in the way of hamburger buttons or the status bar content

Just don't get a screen protector.

if you hate it why do you even want to protect it

Don't be a waitfag. I'm the happy owner of a Note9 for about a month even though I wish I had the upcoming underscreen fingerreader

Phones have a one-year release cycle. If thinking about an upcoming model that is 4 months away makes you unsure of a purchase, that's a good indicator you are looking at a higher price tier than you should

Why is Pie's navigation bar rotate button less sensitive than auto-rotate?

Notches are disgusting

RESPOND

Cause I don't want a nicked and scratchy screen.
If new phones had regular glass id get that instead

But an off center hole in your screen is better?
If there HAS to be a camera on the front I think pic related looks better then a camera just sitting there in the screen.

Attached: xiaomi-mi-mix-2s-iphone-x-like-notch.jpg (805x600, 49K)

But you want a nicked and scratchy screen protector?
Almost all screen protectors with very few exceptions will scratch easier than your phone's glass.

Is everyone on Jow Forums poor or under 18? Lmao at these replies, check the latest ones

what the hell has the world come to..

I feel like a dumbphone user when I look at those disgusting things. my 5" black [spoiler]phone[/spoiler] is perfect.

hating notches is a sign of autism. you dislike everything you're not used to
notches literally give you additional screen space

Is everyone on Jow Forums poor or under 18? Lmao at these replies, check the latest ones

Yeah, but what's under it will be 100% fine.
And only plastic screen protectors scratch, the glass ones hardly

Yes it's not a perfect solution but it's aesthetically much more pleasing than a notch.

What's wrong with having a small bezel on top? Is it too unfashionable now after Apple started the notch trend? Pathetic.

The glass ones still tend to scratch easier than gorilla glass. I'd be more concerned with protecting the back than the front of the phone, as that's what actually gets to touch various unclean surfaces other than your hands.

Just buy a phone case

not him, but yeah, prob gonna grab the note9 during black friday, don't want to get trapped in that "just wait a few more months" cycle.

Dbrand skins are superior

>defending any any decision companies make however ridiculous and unnecessary

Yes, that's the point I was making,you're right.

I don't want either, I prefer the look of the honor magic 2 or the mi mix 3.

notches do literally give you additional usable screen space
if functionality is unnecessary for you and you want to stick to old design no matter what, you shouldn't even use a smartphone

Right. I get that.
But how am I supposed to hold my phone comfortably in landscape mode? Or even portrait mode for that matter?
What ever happened to ergonomics and user comfort?

It's just a sticker. It's useless compared to something like pic related

Attached: 71CfRrvTKQL._SY445_.jpg (312x445, 20K)

>if functionality is unnecessary for you and you want to stick to old design no matter what, you shouldn't even use a smartphone
literally Apple tier logic

That shit looks ugly though. Skins will at least protect the back glass of your phone from scuffs.
Who drops their phones nowadays anyway

Shame that kind of plastic feels like shit in the hand.

Are you using the S pen at all? Black friday note 9 deal may push over the edge, but I havent used a stylus for so many years its hard to find a use case for it

if it's difficult to hold the phone without touching the screen and clicking shit because the software wasn't sufficiently modified to accomodate the notch then I do agree that it does more harm than good

Oh please. Ringke cases are the best looking ones, compare those to the other ones.
Feels good desu, doesn't slip or make the phone bulkier.

Yeah, and Samsung is pretty much the only brand with palm rejection worth a shit.

Redpill me on the Pixel 3, chaps. Worth getting?

Pocophone or honor 10/honor 8x

>Ringke cases are the best looking ones
*blocks your path*
mozoaccessories.com/

My bad, I was meant to say sharp, don't know how it became LG.

I prefer bumpers, and devilcases were the best ones I've ever owned. They were aluminum.
it's just a shame they only make a select few brand ones like iphones samsung etc

>fabric case
is that a joke

Fucking no one is answering queries related to the Pixel ITT, I've asked four times. Jesus

No, just get a Pixel 2 for now, and wait for the 4

Also
>new Pixel 2 XL for $530
>6 months old used Pixel 2 for >$300
are these prices legit

I've bought one for my dad, it's a really nice phone with long battery life and an ok build quality, remember to use at least a glass screen protector.
>Will it last for at least 3-4 years?
If you use it for phone/messages, youtube, music and social media, yes

not him, but I just got a 2XL 128 gig for $399. Used but pretty mint in condition so I would assume so.

Best low to midrange phone with stock/close to stock Android right now?

Currently considering Xiaomi MI A2 but it's got no NFC (I'd like to start using mobile payments) and no headphone jack. If I don't find anything else I'm probably just gonna put up with it.

What's your price range?

Only local offer I can find is the 64gb Pixel 2, but it's way cheaper than buying new so I'll consider it.

200€-250€

whats the going good deal on a pixel 1 32gb unlocked in usa?

think i can jew him down to $100?

Nokia 6.1

>local offer
Not considering ebay or swappa?

god dammit lads i want Note 9 so bad but i cant justify spending so much, especially since me OP3 still works fine...

Attached: 20545566_1298451986932514_443274663990141058_o.jpg (1654x1509, 198K)

don't know if this is the right place to ask, but it looks like double tap to sleep/lock your phone doesn't exist in android oreo anymore
anyone here have suggestions for an alternative? there are a bunch of apps that provide the functionality but i don't know which is the best one

I find that Xiaomi A1 is the best budget phone for me.

Anything similar I'd consider?

pocoshit

The GPS in my OP3T doesn't work 90% of the time, googled about it and the solutions didn't work. I swear it has something to do with the last update.

2 years is hardly enough time to need an upgrad