Previous thread:

Attached: 129.jpg (392x392, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ameliorated.info/
wiki.videolan.org/Control_VLC_via_a_browser/
logicalincrements.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Kys niggers

Let's say I want to check whether a number with hundreds of thousands of digits is prime or not prime.

When I try, my old Thinkpad T400 takes forever to do the calculations. Like literal hours or days.

What kind of hardware do I need to do run the calculation?

I'm using the sympy module so I assume that the algorithm is already optimized, or at least better than anything i could write.

>buy new mobo
>chipset idles at 50 degrees
>all other temps fine
is this shit normal

This takes the cake for high abstraction babby.
You literally have no grasp of how computationally intensive calculating prime numbers is.

How important or beneficial is it to learn typing with all fingers by using specific programs with training lessons etc rather than just doing it on your own?
Am I doing myself a disfavour by just trying to gradually increase the number of fingers I'm using and getting better by trial and error every day?

how do i change my google play account region?
i see no options for me to change region, both web app and android client

To be fair, I only have a Bachelor's in Computer Science! It's not like I have a Master's, then my post would be embarrassing.. And Richard Stallman has a T400s and he has a PhD just saying

You will adjust automatically based on needs.
If you constantly type and constantly have to do it quickly (maybe because it's tiring to do it slow), you will easily start to speed up.
A system isn't really necessary, but it can provide for a good head start if it meshes well with you.
Personally, I shift around too much in my writing position to easily use a ten finger system. However, I instinctively switch to something akin to ten fingers whenever I use vi for more than a few seconds.

Will VP9 be supported on the new domain?

how can i download MSpaint? the old version

i recently updgraded to windows 10 and not a fan of paint 3D

>windows key + R
>MSPAINT
>profit

Well I feel stupid

Thanks

Will ARM64 android emulation ever be faster?

Also, trying to find the most cost effective way of using these. Ideally, some kind of RAID array would be preferable. Though, spending more on a RAID enclosure than I would otherwise spend on a new larger SSD to get the same capacity doesn't really make sense.

Thoughts?

Can someone help me with an assignment here? I need to write a disk simulator program in C, but I'm not sure how to start. Here's what the professor is asking:

"Your simulation should take a disk image (stored in a file), receive read and write requests from disk blocks, and take time to respond to each request the approximate time the actual disk would take. It should be included in this time the search time for the right cylinder, the head selection time (if it does not have this time, consider 1/10 of the search time of a track), the rotational wait time, the transfer time of the disk to the controller and the transfer time to the memory. For rotational standby time, consider that the disk is synchronized with the system clock: at the time the clock changes in second the track 0 head 0 is on the interval just before sector 0.
The access interface to this simulation must be a function, which receives the sector identification (it can be a linear number starting at 0 or a tuple ), the type of access (read or write) and a buffer for the data (a vector of 512 bytes). The function must transfer the data and wait for the access time before returning."

Can someone at least write to me what functions I should write to achieve this? I already have the required info about the disk (seek time, capacity, tracks, cylinders, sectors, etc.).
Thanks.

Attached: 1541054767883.jpg (620x720, 79K)

>replaced stock thermal paste on 2 year old gpu with thermal grizzly kryonaut
>it's 3 degrees hotter
what the fuck did I do

Attached: 1539155226765.jpg (319x319, 6K)

is 14tb total writes on a 4 year old SSD a lot?

Friend gave me a Note 3 SM-N900V. What is the best way to root it? Any recommended firmware?
Thanks in advance

I don't see how you can have an issue with this task. It amounts to fudging shit until it works, then cleaning up.

Unless you are doing OOP, then you are fucked because you'd need to design it before you start writing.

Still don't understand the basics of maintaining and optimising pc components, can you some the most basic software that can do this?

>components
>software
Not a thing.

Anybody got an alternative to nordvpn's 3 day free trial that got shut down recently? I was using that exploit for the better part of the year. Cactus VPN has a 24 hour free trial with no credit card but that's a pain in the ass to renew.

Attached: DXtw7WBVoAA95n6.jpg (800x600, 163K)

>lovebird shat in my asus mg279q monitor pic related
I was fapping to an old /soc/ camwhore when suddenly my screen started going crazy and displaying green lines everywhere. At first I thought it was my video card and just did a quick restart but it was still happening and that's when I noticed the runny shit on the grill. I took it apart and there seems to be a PCB right where the shit landed.
So two questions, can I just use regular duct tape to tape this shit back in place if I rip off the tape that's holding it, and what are the chances of me finding a replacement PCB? Should I even bother? It was only $370 and there are like three dead pixels and a small glowing spot, so not sure if it's worth the repair, definitely won't be worth it if I give it to the repair jew.
Thanks

Attached: sketch-1542552490623-02.jpg (2000x861, 328K)

how to improve programming skill? I've been doing a couple step-by-step explained projects (like write a C shell or txt editor in C), I learned stuff, I understood most of it but if I were to write something like that I wouldn't even know where to start and what to even look up.
tldr how do I improve? should I keep doing these explained projects or they aren't of much help? wat do

stop learning

hello frens,

could you help me? i need a media player that has a web interface.

its for raspbian on a pi3. it only needs to play mp3 - no video - and be controllable by a web browser.

thank you frens...

You put to much, or maybe you just have to wait for it to cure.

Is there a site that has the weight of like 100 different objects like fruits or vegetables

Or a site where I can watch people enter a store to see the rate at which they entered

Let me give you a task: Make Tetris.
It's pretty easy, but not trivial.

Don't know where to start? Well, that's your first lesson: Learning where to start.

Seriously, just start making Tetris. You will learn how to program, how to find information required for what you want to program, etc.

I suggest curses for graphical output.

What happens if someone starts a forum, and it gets bombed with illegal content? Does the owner then get fucking v& or what?

vlc.

Yes, according to the EU laws that are about to pass.

Can someone at least tell me what this is and what will happen if I break it off? I can't get to the PCB because this shit is in the way.

Attached: 20181118_233931-01.jpg (1500x2000, 587K)

that’s why forums and usenet are dead

Is there any point in doing a full scan on other drives for viruses that's not the C drive? and just so I'm clear I know viruses can show up in other drives, but i don't think I've ever encountered 1 that has installed itself in any other place besides the C drive, even if I installed it to that drive.

how am I supposed to go about changing filters when the switch takes full effect? is it just as simple as editing all instances of 4cdn to 4channel or?

That's fucked up. How the fuck does hotwheels or any small chan owner stay out of prison

Kinguin something legit for getting a W10 OS? I know they only sell OEMs, so apparently there is a bunch of phone shit you have to go through to get those to work which I have no idea, but I wanted to know before I go ahead and buy W10 for my new build for $20 or if I should wait for Black Friday/Cyber Monday to catch it for maybe $80 if i'm lucky.

Attached: 1.1111.jpg (225x225, 6K)

ameliorated.info/

CPU?

looks legit

doesnt have a web interface unfortunately.

wiki.videolan.org/Control_VLC_via_a_browser/
The name video "LAN" is not for show.

Is on Jow Forums a sticky or somewhat, where are some information about learning progamming or guides. Maybe recommended classes or tutorials?
Mainly for c and java

See

I am currently running android 4.4.2

The problem is to access network I have a proxy server setup. I have my android device connect to a socks5 proxy (with a proxy app), it works ok, however youtube app does not respect the proxy app and tries to connect to network directly,

Is there any way to fix this, make youtube connect through proxy app? (In fact youtube used to work but after recent updates they changed they way it handles connections)

Attached: unrelated pic plz help.jpg (2660x1491, 470K)

Thank you very much.
Unfortunately there are no information about online classes or tutorials for C or java

There is tho, if you can't find them when the wiki is being spoonfeeded to you then you're never going to make it.

Attached: 1420500175412.jpg (900x2134, 438K)

At least tell me if it's going to work if I clean the bird shit with wet qtips and let it dry. There's still a bit of dried poo in an area I can't reach, is it going to be a problem if it's completely dry?
Please respond

is this good or bad hardware?

Attached: Schermopname (1).png (1920x1080, 186K)

Attached: Schermopname (2).png (1920x1080, 162K)

Hey boys I need to upgrade this old tower. 1st gen i7 920, gtx 480, 12gb tri channel ddr3. I figure I can salvage the barracuda HDD and power supply and case but I’d probably have to go with a fresh mobo build. Does an OC 920 hold a candle to anything modern or is it scrap? Want to reuse what I can. Also, suggestions on a budget-friendly yet powerful card? Will mostly be used for gayming. Will probably get an SSD too.

lol no, that's netbook tier hardware.

logicalincrements.com/
The Ryzen 5 2400G build is good enough for sub 1080p gaming without a GPU.

any recommendations of language for this endeavor? I know only C and Java but wouldn't mind learning another one

I downloaded termux but have a hard time thinking of what to use it for. What are some useful scripts that I can use?

Attached: 1501294583037.jpg (414x600, 23K)

I'd like to set up a bunch of synced, powered speakers throughout my home while avoiding proprietary shit, e.g. Sonus. PulseAudio over TCP to a bunch of satellite systems seems like the quickest way to get this done, but I'm sorta' at a loss as to what hardware should drive the speakers. Suggestions?

Attached: Dead Goblins.jpg (1200x1200, 383K)

Yeah thanks you for the reality check.
And for the information

Give it your best shot. Try using IPA.
Yes normal tape will work, just make sure the metal parts are actually touching to give it at least some path to ground.

Nobody knows if it will work or if it's busted, you just have to try. Doesn't seem that much work, if there's a change it will work again.
If you clean it up but can't get the dried poo and it works, it works, if it doesn't clean it up too, even the dry poo might be conductive, depending what that shitbird ate.

cat

Thanks user. I don't have any ipa and I also couldn't find qtips so I just cleaned it with a wet sock. It looks like the shit hit some kind of chip and also the mini displayport thing. I'm hoping that it only fucked up the mini displayport connector as it was still giving a picture it was just fucked up. Fingers crossed that other ports still work.
Also how long should I leave it to make sure it's dry? I didn't drench it and it already looks dry to the naked eye, would it be fine in 12 hours?

Can someone tell me why these links dont work?
This is the correct syntax for crossboard linking right?
But these links arent working for me

>tfw too retarded to install arch
I'm doing literally everything the install guide on the wiki says, plus the extra microcode shit I have to do for GRUB, but whenever I remove the install medium after shutting down it doesn't boot.
I'm on virtual box, if that matters.

If I plug a 2015 MBP into a 40 inch 4K monitor will the image look all fucked up?

It's probably a bug caused by the site split. I haven't been able to open crosslinks on Clover after it happened.

Attached: 1542203288714.png (433x379, 40K)

Werks for me
4chanX. Still on the Jow Forums.org domain since the 4channel one gives me 403 forbidden.

How do I fix the forbidden error? Am I just fucked?

works on my machine.

Attached: Screenshot_20181118_143015.png (642x492, 71K)

4channel only contains blue boards.

It gives me 403 on /
Not just the boards.

The main page isn't done yet.

OH. Tried boards.4channel.org/g/ and that worked.
They could have just set up a makeshift index page in the meantime desu

Thanks

Also the issue im having is that second list of webms are not playing sound for me
But the first list does

Any idea what would cause certain webms sound to work and others to not? I dont get it

Would any surge protector do fine if I want to avoid any misshaps with my pc?

Fun fact. Crosslinking still works just fine for me on the 4channel domain.
Dunno what you guys are doing wrong

Were on mobile ya cunt

By not visiting Globalist Europe.

My north bridge has been running at 70C for like 6 or 7 years now.

That's a fucking headphone jack.

Also, stop typing like you are schizophrenic. I have trouble parsing your posts.

CPU is ok for someone of your knowledge level.
Your RAM is fucked, though. And you probably have eMMC storage, which is worse than an HDD.

My suggestion was actually based on C, that's why I suggested curses for visual output.

It doesn't really matter what language you use, but I would suggest something that forces you to understand what you are doing.
It's easy to fuck up in Shell or Python without even realizing because there's way too much shit hidden behind an abstraction layer.
In C, though, you cannot muddle your way through. You have to do it correctly.

>obnoxious, unloved, pedo, weaboo incels will be a thing of the past
Based gookmoot

Are you running a server farm with 24/7 uptime and sensitive sensory equipment?
No?
Does your house have wiring from the last fifty years?
Yes?
Then you don't need that shit.

Are Logitech G102 and G203 the same mouse? What's with the retarded naming and is this a good mouse?

>Implying sfw loli won't keep getting posted
>Implying people won't just post nsfw stuff and then ban evade like usual
>Implying literally anything will change
Oh youth, how innocent.

If you say so. ;^)

Do you even know the first 4 boards created on Jow Forums?

I have an empty ssd, an empty dvd, and a working hdd windows 7 install with pkeyconfig permanently damaged beyond repair. Do I go with w7 or 10 for the ssd?

FLOEEEENS

Imagine I want to make a video game with ingame radio as in GTA, but don't want to pay any music licenses etc. What is preventing me from using Spotify i.e. requiring the player to be logged into the program on their PC and launching the client in the background and using the music from that?

Paying spotify to embed their client and use their api in a commercial product

anyone here use slsk?

Is there any cracks going for Adobe CC 2019? Feel like an Idiot when it comes to these things.

Got my hands on a bunch of old 128gb 2.5" SSDs from my job. (~25 total)

Most are only 3Gb/s but a couple are 6GB/s. The latter are what I'm most interested in.

I brought 4 home so far and was able to format them. Is there anything I can use to check the health or lifespan of them? Does SMART still apply or is that only for traditional hard disks?

Also, trying to find the most cost effective way of using these. Ideally, some kind of RAID array would be preferable. Though, spending more on a RAID enclosure than I would otherwise spend on a new larger SSD to get the same capacity doesn't really make sense.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't embed the client but rather rely on the player to already have it installed. Are APIs paid regardless of if the product is commercial or not? e.g. the API would have to be purchased even if the game was free (both beer and/or freedom).

My laptop battery is loose. Could I put some duct tape over it to keep it steady?

Attached: 1536843121531.png (692x1028, 887K)

>Thoughts?
I think you have a few google queries to start researching

Why do my torrents not seed?
It's been active for 6 hours but uploaded 8mb. What's that about? I use qbittorrent, I don't think I've changed any settings.

Downloading is fine

all right, thanks, will try, it would be my first relatively complex project on my own. Maybe I'll be reporting back in a few threads

What RSS feed reader would you recommend?

what's the best Debian lightweight web browser I can use? Running an intel atom with 1GB of RAM.