>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
Deskthority, Geekhack, Massdrop
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page

Attached: IBM-13G2145-CANPOS-Keyboard-with-MSR-_57.jpg (1600x1039, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gboards.ca
amzn.com/B01MDRT4L4
amzn.com/B076XNTBWY
openstenoproject.org/plover/
amazon.com/dp/B078P38PFR
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Look at this Ortho unit

Attached: 340943701_c9369bc039_z.jpg (500x332, 96K)

Hello Jow Forumsoys, I really interested in upgrading to mechanical but my major caveat is multimedia keys (stop/play/pause/volume/next/etc). I like all they keys on the Corsairs but I dont want that RGB stuff and the keys look very cheap, and I like the daskeyboard professional but people say their rubber feats are gimmicky.

I wonder if anyone had any comments or suggestions.

>Budget
Location (continent at least)
USA
>Preferred switch type
Cherry Clears, Browns are fine
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
100%
>Backlight
No
>Previous/current keyboards
Cheapo Dell SK8135

Attached: 1468711796920.jpg (478x343, 42K)

Build your own QMK compatible and put the media keys wherever you want them. Extremely useful. Take a look at some of the DIY kits to get an idea of what you would want to go with.

Interesting, Ill look into it. Thanks user

Ducky keyboards come with programmable media keys and cherry clears

Just ordered the PCBs for the Gergo. Should be a few days before the developments samples are in for testing and I can start adding mouse support to QMK.

Next project is a 122Key split ortho based off the IBM model F. Would love to hear any layouts you would like for such a monster. Right now I'm thinking three splits, left (+12 keys left and 12Function keys above), right (with the Home cluster and arrows attached) and then a keypad with something else going on. Post shitty MSPaints.

gboards.ca if you want in on the Gergo.

Attached: copper.png (4340x4371, 527K)

nth for scratchy cherry

Attached: 2017-Brand-New-4pcs-Cherry-MX-Silent-Red-Switches-For-Mechanical-Gaming-keyboard.jpg_640x640.jpg (640x640, 24K)

Can you recommend me a lube for cherry mx style switches ? I am located in europe.

Here's what I'm thinking.

F1-24 up top, split in the middle. 12macros on the left, A dedicated trackball/numpad module.

129 Keys, 125% Keyboard.

Attached: 46482032_2176753209025368_6713134523321679872_n.jpg (3264x2448, 704K)

semen, you can acquire it from your local bull, ask your gf about it.

Rate my overpriced kustom

Attached: 1542123050148.jpg (640x427, 27K)

5/10

Nice!

Yeah I'm hype as shit!

I need a name for the 129 key monster, and some suggestions for artwork (Here's what lainchan suggested to me for Gergo)

Possible names include, but they kind of need to start with a g. (It is g Heavy Industries after all).
Georgi
GOAT
Gobi
Gouda
Greybeard

Attached: ss.png (768x490, 238K)

Snake oil thread

Not what i expected.

Attached: Screenshot_Omnichan_20181118-205828.png (720x1280, 313K)

How about Gayboard?

Find me some nice programming socks to throw on it and I'll fuckin' do her jones.

What makes Realforce and HHKB boards so expensive?

Here's what mechanical keyboards I can find locally. Do any of these not suck?
>ASUS
>LOGITECH
>RAZER
>ROCCAT
>SHARKOON
>TRUST
>TURTLE BEACH

Nope, those all suck. Order online you mong.

Name mostly, why is a UHK like 400$

>tfw typing on Cherry MX Reds

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 4K)

104 ideal

Attached: heater board.jpg (2600x1733, 984K)

Ill probably do this one. Thanks for the suggestion

You should make some videos where you blow the fuck out of some membrane keyboards.

Nah, it's too small.
Remember, bigger is always better.

Krytox 105/206 or if you can get Super Lube 21030/51004 over there, it's a bit cheaper, by volume. You can blend both to get the desired consistency.

Would it be right to assume you fags are decent at typing?
About a year ago I reached my current typing speed. I can comfortable type at least 80wpm. If I really push myself I can type 100wpm at quite inconsistent rate and maybe 120wpm if I have a good/lucky run.
However since then I have absolutely stagnated I can't improve at all it seems.
Help, what do?

fixed for you

Attached: 543543634.jpg (1114x510, 179K)

this except this

Attached: ayyfsh.jpg (1115x405, 273K)

I can't quicksave on games with that though

I actually went from a 60% to a 75% and noticed that dedicated f keys were slower to press than caps+numbers. just unnecessary extra arm movement. ended up going back to the 60%

wtf i love 60% now

Fixed that for you

Attached: 1542577110077.jpg (1491x468, 353K)

switch to colemak

that looks incredibly stupid and youre lacking much functionality just for it to save a few inches of space.
using anything less than a 104 key keyboard is absolutely cuck teir.

My range doesn't allow that, too much potential for rednecks to leave trash.

What's bigger than 104? Like those crazy gamer macro boards?

I like this

Attached: kb18.jpg (2200x1467, 1.24M)

>Budget
Location (continent at least)
Canada
>Preferred switch type
MX Silver
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
looking for tenkyless or smaller but arrow keys are needed, so somewhere between the tada86 and a regular tenkyless
>Backlight
no
coolermaster cm quickfire browns

Gayming keyboards suck. Tipro daisychain keyboards are what the patricians use.

>How big is too big
Anything more than 104

amzn.com/B01MDRT4L4

Attached: pc122.jpg (1500x1000, 176K)

Proof Weeaboos are cancer.

Attached: wtf.jpg (1000x688, 92K)

amzn.com/B076XNTBWY

Hate to ask, but Is there a finished version somewhere I can see?

Is Topre a meme?

Attached: 61HsXUeiQ3L._SL1200_.jpg (1200x900, 99K)

yes, but they are a good meme... albeit the nips are overpricing the fuck out of it.

just as much of a meme as mech keys are in general

mech keys and topre keys are just a way for companies to drastically overcharge nerds for keyboards
that being said it's all about feel and what you think feels best

What feeling are you trying to convey here?

Appreciate the input, once I'm done with my current keyboard I'll get a Topre for the sake of trying it out myself.

>non-gaymun keyboards are the same price as gaymun keyboards
What's the point?

JIS TKL keyboard:
Topre realforce or Filco Majestouch?
As far as I know, the only silenced topre are on the HHKB, right?

>Budget
300€
>Location (continent at least)
Europe
>Preferred switch type
Silent one
>Layout
ISO
>Form factor
100%
>Backlight
Don't care
Cheap Logitech one, non mechanical, ISO layout, 100%
Not sure why last question is relevant if someone is looking for new keyboard, rather than same thing

So, what do you have, /mkg/?

id buy that

I NEED LIKE A 60% KEYBOARD WITHOUT THE NUMPAD SINCE MY DESK IS TINY, ALSO IT DOESNT HAVE TO BE MECHANICAL IT CAN BE MEMBRANE ALSO KEEP IT CHEAP IM POOR
G JUST ANSWER ME THIS ONE TIME

Attached: B93A3299-7854-4000-A76F-237C6A5C970D.jpg (364x363, 38K)

for 300 usd would you?

shut UP!

Attached: 1540080254979.png (857x720, 631K)

There will be in a few days once I get the first shipment of PCBs, they'll be green but production units will be black (Will make those silks look really good). That being said, If you want to preorder I've got a discount code that'll get you 10% off a already cheap as fuck board. To get it sooner rather then later, go for the green!

GENTOOMANPREORDER on gboards.ca

Attached: Selection_034.png (837x837, 99K)

Just practice, also use proper technique if you arean't already. Try not to tense up your fingers, touch type, etc.
Switching to some other layout won't make you type faster.

you're not lacking anything dumbass, use function layers

thats an inconvenience when you could just have all the normal keys you need right there.

it's not really an inconvenience at all and when you consider finger travel time it can increase typing speed, reality is it comes down to preference

Reeeee someone likes different things!

Realforce?

Gents should I jump on the current 87U deal on massdrop or hold out until the R2's are available at month's end? I'm an Ausfag so the 87U would already cost me $300 dollarydoos which is fucked, and I work in a bullshit open office so was leaning more towards the R2 for silenced Topre

openstenoproject.org/plover/

gErgoShip?

Hey nice work, but I wouldn't bother with ext. numpad/mouse. This layout is ideal to put trackball in the middle where it's close to the hands. If anyone wants numpad, they can buy it in lots of places. I would put arrow cluster in inverted T shape. This has always annoyed me in case of Battleship.

Tipro is horrible, at least older models. Source: I use their 8x4 as macropad.

Attached: keypad.jpg (1434x961, 2.17M)

RK61

You were probably using their MX clones that were garbage. The ones with cherry MX switches, especially if the come with vintage blacks, are great.

Oh, key feel is great, I have one with vintage blacks.
Problems come from software, as it was unusable without some weird ps/2 converters and still it was very hard to reprogram. In the end, I removed their pcb and rewired pro micro with qmk.

there's a difference between liking different things and ignorance

Can someone recommend a numpad that doesnt have that fucking extra rows of keys at the top? I dont need a fucking delete key, backspace, =, whatever the fuck.

Irrelevant. Any programmable keyboard will let you put MM keys wherever you want, and even if it's not programmable you can just use AHK.

any of the chink ones on amazon will do

switching won't, but excelling at the more efficient layout will

all the ones I see have that fucking extra row at the top

u sure there are several 10key pads that don't

gErgoShip actually doesn't sound half bad! As far as the trackball placement I've got it just left of the right hand on the Gergo, so a similar placement would probably work on the gErgoShip. You are right though, the numpad would be a little superfluous and add to the total cost on the BOM. Upside of it is a giant octopus looking tangle of keyboard cables and a dual TRRS configuration.

Also sick image, is that from Byte or 2600?

Attached: 1217548733985.jpg (600x613, 77K)

a link would be greatly appreciated, because Im not finding any that have mechanical switches

On further thought, just adding the barrel to the ship wouldn’t be too bad, the numpad could’ve a addon that I keep a few in the shop of (like I’ve done with the gBaller). Most of the extra cost comes from the extra MCP23018 and PCBland

Attached: BF475397-F5DC-4EF8-9E4D-933CF77B441F.jpg (506x928, 169K)

is there a single wireless mech that has 30 days of battery life or greater for under $100? why is this so hard?

Attached: kek.gif (720x780, 712K)

Thoughts on CM MasterKeys?

here you go user
amazon.com/dp/B078P38PFR

Good mid range keyboard

It's from someones flickr.

Anyway, post when you have pcb, I'd be interested in making one.

Attached: pie.jpg (1037x1037, 1.38M)

Thanks anyway, but the reason I want the row gone is so the numpad takes up less space. what you posted takes up the same amount of space. and looks ugly as fuck

A JIS HHKB is on its way to my mailbox.
Fite me!

No thanks I don't want to go to jail for beating up a child.

>mid range
What are some entry levels then?

James Donkey, Magicforce, Tomoko, most of the chink shit keyboards, etc.

>a child
>without rgb leds like a Christmas tree nor linear gaymen switches.
That's the /successful millionare/ choice.
You may not like it, but that's what peak performance looks like.

Attached: aztecgod.jpg (685x800, 65K)

>implying implications
I bet you can't even type at 200wpm.
This is what peak performance actually looks like

Attached: VERY fast steno typing at incredible hihg speed.jpg (4032x3024, 2.93M)

guys why is there no mice general?

Did you mod them?

Because the perfect mouse already exists.

Roccat are the only gaming mouses that respects your freedom

I have a TADA68 w/ Gateron silent reds on its way to me; my first *new* mech keyboard. howd i do?

Linears are garbage

does the gateron brown activate before or after the tactile feedback? i thought about going silent browns

MX style """"""tactility"""""" is actually just a code word for even scratchier linears, which is even worse then just a linear switches.

so, what do you like?