When was the last time you used a multimeter and a solder iron?

Attached: 71mHJ1ZawzL._SX466_.jpg (466x466, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Rigol-DS1054Z-Digital-Oscilloscopes-Bandwidth/dp/B012938E76
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

multimeter like 2 days ago, soldering iron about 2 weeks ago.

Uff its been like 3 days for solder iron. I used MM like a week ago but I used an oscilloscope yesterday if that counts...

Maybe about a month or so ago.
I added some connectors to an RCA cable.

multimeter yesterday, solder iron never

>multimeter
never
>soldering iron
three years

Yesterday meter.

A couple months soldering iron. I don't need it a lot anymore for what little I do since crippling depression kind of keeps me otherwise occupied.

Friday. Workin on a pinball machine with bad diodes on a solenoid

pics?

Nultimeter a couple of weeks ago, soldering iron yesterday.

Friday. I just put in a usb breakout board and tested it.

Used both (kinda my job)

Attached: 2018111495114603.jpg (2304x1296, 292K)

i fucking love measureing shit with multimeters. theyre such a great tool once you understand how to use them

Attached: stallman.jpg (275x183, 7K)

When GTK can view thumbnails on file pickers without compiling it yourself

Last fucker cut & soldered the wires too small

Attached: 20181114_120813.jpg (2576x1932, 1.36M)

trying to replace JUST the diode was a no go.

Attached: 20181116_132702.jpg (2576x1932, 1.12M)

literally 3 hours ago with my keysight 34450a and weller wxmp
t. electrical engineer

>TFW got too stupid and forgot to remove the plastic cap from the tip before hearing it up
Forgive me Jow Forums ;_;

Attached: PSX_20181118_160924.jpg (2000x1125, 185K)

Remember not to breathe in the solder smoke

Atleast there's no melted solder in the clients nice carpet TT_TT

I always breath in the smoke, makes me feel relaxed.

i've never used a soldering iron, just a soldering gun

Is that Golden Sun for the GBA? Nice
>not breathing in the fumes of your labor
I bet you wear gloves while soldering, faggot

what hardware is that? DMM and what's the small black box?

>iron
a few hours ago
>mete
more hours then the iron but not too much

It's been like 4 years. I used it to fix my laptop power jack and my car stereo.

It's fire emblem, I lost my golden sun cartridge
It's a budget setup but it has done it's job for years, the DMM is f0601005, it's heavy duty so it's quite resilient

Attached: IMG_20181118_162350064.jpg (4032x2268, 3.4M)

Is no one going to mention the bong at the right?

Yesterday....well no, since the fucking 9volt is dead in both analog and digital meters. I've been breadboarding and using LEDs to test voltage today until I get a couple 9v.

what about a scope? I'm currently trying to source a budget setup myself but I have less than 0 clue what to buy. everything is so god damn expensive.

exactly.
for example it's a fuckton of fun to try to find a short on a board by measuring the resistance. when you finally found the defective part, replace it and the board is running again, shit's feels like blowing a giant load

Attached: pleasant.png (239x372, 128K)

used my hakko soldering station to repair a broken wire on pic related a few days ago

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x300, 9K)

I use one of those $40 bucks DIY kits, truth is, oscilloscopes are the kind of tool you want to invest in
A school friend fell for the shitty scope meme and while it did its thing fine it was no better than my POS kit, which has yet to fail me

I'm saving for an entry level RIGOL, I wouldn't invest in anything cheaper

why would they? weed hardly necessitates a reply.

link to the rigol you've chosen? also, what about a function generator? is that sort of thing a worthy purchase?

around a week ago when i soldered an open wire 300W floodlight to a grounded plug.

Attached: 2018-11-18 17.46.10.jpg (800x600, 105K)

both today, I'm working on building a lamp controlled over IR using an ATtiny

Is this a pH sensor? What did you spend on it?

honestly want to buy a machine but have no idea where to start for information, any ideas?

>solder iron
Last week, I don't have a multimeter, I use an oscilloscope to troubleshoot.

Attached: 1535101988135.jpg (1024x1004, 60K)

grow up faggot
amazon.com/Rigol-DS1054Z-Digital-Oscilloscopes-Bandwidth/dp/B012938E76

Rigol is the Toyota of oscilloscopes, back in school every single teacher carried one, the research labs used $3000 Rigol scopes, I use something similar at work. If you're that desperate for one check craigslist or ebay, most that upgrade sell their old rigols because they last decades.

I barely ever use a function generator, but they're very cheap and unless you're doing some niche shit any USB one should do.

It's an ass vibrator you moron

>usb function generator
Didn't even know they existed. Fucking awesome. As far as power supplies and DMMs go, do you have any recommendations?

uhhh it's a hole warmer. get it right jeez

I'm pretty sure it's an onahole warmer actually. You really don't want one in your butt.

There's even USB microwaves.

Attached: heinz-beanzawave-USB-microwave.jpg (720x340, 57K)

How can that generate the power required to heat food? Legitimate question. Aren't USBs powered by 5v?

DS1054Z is good value for money, have it right here too. but anything over 1k I would definitely consider other brands, as the interface of all rigol products are honestly terrible

5V 100A is still 500W

Back in school I simply wired a spare PSU and used the available outputs to power all my projects, you can also upgrade it to an adjustable PSU but its not worth the time and effort, the one in the pic I bought from a local school store for $40 and it is by far the most important piece of equipment to have around.

Don't get a chinkshit DMM, just make sure it has continuity and a few good reviews. There's no need to spend more than $60 bucks, mine was $30.

Gotcha. Appreciate it, m8. Final question - I'm new to this "scene," so I don't know the best learning resources. Do you know of any? Perhaps ones you've used during school. Textbooks are welcome too.

Check out the electronics general at /diy/, they have a listing with the better books out there.
Electronics isn't that difficult, just break your balls until your realize there really aren't that many components and the laws around electricity aren't that complicated.
Check out some youtube channels to get a taste of how projects go and to see how different components look, theres a list of channels on the general as well

yeah this + check out the EEVblog on youtube, very likely he has some tutorials on what you need

Thanks guys.

Multimeter last time I was home, soldering iron about two weeks ago

>Multimeter
1 hour ago
>Soldering iron
5 minutes ago

Three days ago.

Just supply 3V (or whatever voltage it needs) and use some alcohol.

I soldered my motorcycle trailer wiring for the lights 2 months ago

if it's a big board that's gonna be a lot of alcohol

>tfw no DIY buddies

Attached: 123751487154.jpg (406x551, 102K)

The same happened to me yesterday. Praise the 936 clones

Last summer. Used them every single fucking day

>multimeter
three days ago
>solderin iron
1 month ago
but i always use pic related ;_;

Attached: impaakt.jpg (860x870, 55K)

3 hours ago

is that an onahole warmer?

multimeter today, soldering iron like months ago when I was still in uni

I used a soldering iron like, 30 minutes ago for my job, and a multimeter right now, because my headphones are broken, and I'm trying to find the mode of failure.

Multimeter today, checking a battery. Soldering iron two days ago, installing some stuff on my bike.

He already claimed he is stupid, there is no need

Attached: 1542557917392.jpg (1246x719, 202K)

>Being proud of destroying a Trinitron

last week

Attached: 1542558292435.jpg (876x756, 163K)

Why the fuck all that effort to get those parts out that may even fail soon (especially the transistors)

Free shit for hobby projects and repairs

>Free
user, you invested tons of time in old shit that costs a couple pennies new.

And spent no money

That oscillation is clean

I'm an electronics engineer, so I use a multimeter multiple times per week. Just used soldering iron yesterday because I was fixing one of the Guitar Hero controllers in my possession. Also in the process of fixing one of my parent's shitty boom-boxes. Speaker-driver amplifier went out.

he's just using the scope's reference clock breh, it's nothing amazing.

20 minutes ago

just repurposed a nice braided ethernet cord into a long usb cord

Couple hours ago. on both.

...need to clean my desk.

Get a better bong, faggot. It's only like 200 for a decent one.

two days. cell phone reflows don't work. gotta put on new balls.

i have one and I never use it...and it is definitely not because I do not know how. Seriously, how the fuck do you work this thing?

He should probably stop smoking, then again I have a psychological dependence on it and can't touch it. clean 5 months now :V), was stoned for about 3 years straight before that.

So did I. I'm pretty sure my reward/pleasure center of my brain is fucky; anyway, when I was 19 I smoke like a g a week. Turns out I had a psychological dependence. So, I stopped. I had the worse anxiety for a couple of weeks. Now, I smoke weed when I can, but it doesn't interfere with my life. Sometimes you can re use, sometimes you can't. In any case, congrats on your sobriety. I'm also an alcoholic, and I know what kind of hell addiction can be. So, congrats on your 5 months. Keep it up. Here's some titties.

Attached: 1542216357810.jpg (768x768, 129K)

I used to change the buttons on my mouse pretty frequently because even a slight change bothered me,
Then I stopped gaymen.

Multimeter yesterday. Testing an ADC circuit.
Soldering iron a few weeks ago, fixed a 20v laptop charger that got chewed by the puppy.