Botnet-Free

Can you truly escape the botnet or is it not feasible? If so how?
Is corebooting a meme?

Attached: x220-spi-raspberry-pi-in-screen-original.jpg (4219x2569, 3.94M)

Pull the plug.

This is how you do it
>Ditch your phone
>Use all free software
>Use VPN
>Burn off your finger prints
>Live innawoods

Attached: image.jpg (204x184, 40K)

This doesn't address hardware

or networking

You need to define your goals better. You have a social security number, you have a birth certificate, you have a face and body that can be photographed, you have a business relationship with an ISP, you're in the system.

What specifically are you trying to keep private and we'll tell you how feasible it is.

Use intel core 2 duo

Just use hardware sufficiently old that the agencies which backdoors into modern systems were in their infancy at the time. There is plenty of hardware that fits that definition that is perfectly usable nowadays.

Penryn is a good place to start, but you can go back sufficiently further if needs be.

>You have a social security number
no I don't I live in the Balkans

I'm just trying to have privacy inside my own computer not be a shadow in real life

easiest is:
>get t60 or x60
>liveboot a linux
>flash librebutt via terminal
>enjoy your freedumb

Attached: IMG_0717.jpg (4032x3024, 1.44M)

>vpns
>not botnet

Attached: 1542034327406.png (3000x3000, 541K)

Not if you use your own VPN

>using software made by tranny

not an argument

based and redpilled

libreboot addresses the hardware/VPN for networking

There's no reason to libreboot when you can coreboot

Purism any good?

Attached: 53092615.gif (379x440, 140K)

coreboot is fine for newer thinkpads, if you have an older one then libreboot is the way to go

overpriced and not completely open source BIOS

nah, I'm cool with botnets. I've got a dual xeon server ready to be part of one.

>I'm just trying to have privacy inside my own computer not be a shadow in real life
Oh, well that's easy. Stop caring.

>libreboot addresses the hardware/VPN for networking
Libreboot is software you can run on proprietary hardware.

Yeah but its more of a pride thing knowing "they" won and "they" somehow own you in a way

Is Leah himself shilling libreboot here?

Is my corebooted / me_cleaned T430 considered secure, or am I still fucked?

Give unto Caesar that which is Caesar's. "They" DO own you in a way. Would you rather them own your purchasing habits or your time and emotional energy?

best modern opernsource lappy?

>Give unto Caesar that which is Caesar's
Fuck you retardass jew

Caesar's just going to take it anyway. You can't fight the tax man.

So if you don't have any SPECIFIC things that you want to protect against and are just aiming for some vague Jow Forums-virtue pissing contest then I think we're done here.

Well what if I did have specific stuff in the future and it was time critical
better have the info beforehand

Check out Purism if you want modern hardware with a nearly completely open source software stack. Their laptops even run coreboot.

I'll wait until their hardware timeline is complete. Getting it librebooted and fsf approved.

Stallman doesn't have an issue with proprietary hardware, he uses a T400s himself.

Purism isn't completely open source plus it's ridiculously overpriced

>What is renting a cock.li server or any other server that accepts payment trough Bitcoin without asking for any private information

>cock.li
Until Vincent hands your data over to the feds for good boy points

>i am routing all of my data through one place that i am not in control of
>the place i'm not in control of doesn't know my personal information because all of my data is being routed through a vpn
something doesn't add up here

>Purism isn't completely open source plus it's ridiculously overpriced
When is a laptop open source enough? I mean, shit like SSD/HDD controllers and ECs will never be open sourced. What do you consider good enough?

Open source to the blueprint level. This will be reality one day inevitably.

any sufficiently advanced botnet-meme is indistinguishable from a botnet

vincents a cocksucker that hardly knows what hes doing, use a real server provider

One day, perhaps. Maybe once RISC-V takes off we'll see a massive influx of open hardware, but for now, I'm satisfied with my corebooted T430.

>Can you truly escape the botnet
No

I follow Stallman's lead. He is satisfied with open source BIOS and no ME on the chipset, that's good enough for me.

Then why does Jow Forums care so much about it?
>x is botnet
>written by a botnet machine

Qubes OS developer is a tranny too and it's a god tier security oriented OS

>will only run free software
>still removes cam
ask me how do I know you are a retard hipster that never has read a source code nor contributed to software

Out of band management (Intel ME) is a thing. Even me_cleaner can't completely get rid of it.

how botnet is a PPC G4 running linux ?

t. my machine

Attached: IMG_6077.jpg (3264x2448, 1.34M)

using qubes/tails on a librebooted thinkpad is the best we've got atm.

>Get an outdated CPU where you can change Intlel IME
>Get Linux/BSD and compile everything from source
>Use FOSS software
>Use a VPN with no logs
>Hack a server and use SSH tunnel through VPN
>NoScript for every single place you visit
>Use encrypted IRC and OTR XMPP for comms
>Ditch cell phone
>Host your own e-mail server
>Host your own everything
>Realize that you're like a circus animal jumping through dozens of hoops to achieve an almost-meaningless task.

You don't have to go full RMS, just exercise reasonable caution and don't do anything stupid.
Most alphabet agencies would need actual brains (which they don't really have) in order to determine what the fuck you're doing.

>Realize that you're like a circus animal jumping through dozens of hoops to achieve an almost-meaningless task.
This is how I felt in the past when I cared about illusions of privacy. Never again. What a pain in the ass and so difficult to know whether or not I'm even accomplishing anything half meaningful

That tiny ass trackpad looks ridiculous.

"He loved Big Brother."

This. I own roughly 35 PowerPC Macs. Currently typing this from an iBook G3. They aren't manufactured Intelaviv, and they'e free of any PSP/ME, plus the firmware is open. I figure they must be better than literally anything on the x86 side. I stick with Tiger, however, due to the fact that getting GPU acceleration working on any BSD/GNU/Linux distro is fucking impossible on powerpc anything. It completely ruins the entire experience.

Attached: IMG_2535.jpg (4032x3024, 1.91M)

> 13 year old hardware

ha ! and it was the the worlds most aesthetic laptop at the time... just remember how bad things really were

Attached: toshiba_old_laptop_1509069557_c523f1be.jpg (640x640, 63K)

>I stick with Tiger, however
literal botnet, that completely defeats the purpose of using PPC

for windows user, google "adolfintel windows 10"

>Tranny notorious for shilling and forum sliding
Aw gee man I dunno

Do you honestly think Apple is keeping tabs on people using an operating system that was deprecated like 15 years ago? Unlikely. FOSS anything is trash on PowerPC. Have fun with your package list that consists of nano, mpg123, and Dillo kek.

Avoiding "the botnet" is like kids who want to avoid "the government."
The point is not to withdraw into one's self. The point is to resist and dismantle the oppressive structures.

using software that you do not have to pay for and grants you many advantages is better than not using said software and giving the government direct access to your CPU.

There's seriously nothing more aesthetic in the tech world than a thinkpad

>Unlikely.
If you want IBM CPU just get a Talos II and quit using that junk

*Opens up wallet*

Yeah no

once I had a botnet of 14 computers

They have a budget version that is very cheap now

then start writing x11 ddx 2d userpsace driver to accelerate your DE instead of complaining online brainlet....

Hey, Kaczynski. I thought you were still in federal custody?

>not an argument
You can compile coreboot with no blobs and it will work on the same machines as libreboot. Libreboot is literally just coreboot but pre-compiled and renamed so a crazed tranny could get attention (by doing meth and fighting with RMS and the FSF) and to raise money to chop off his dick. Leah has put zero effort into the project and it's releases hasn't been updated since 2016.

Attached: PayMeLinuxBoys.png (2182x1018, 266K)

>Stallman doesn't have an issue with proprietary hardware

Stallman advocates you to use closed source software when you are forced to live by it.

What COMPLETELY open source laptop exists? Note: a libreboot x200 is not that whatsoever.

>Ditch your phone
No idea why more people don't do this simple but effective step.

as long as you use the internet you can't be private.

>the government has near infinite resources to spy on any citizen.
>tor has been compromised since forever.
>any modern surveillance state can see your traffic even with a VPN.
>the average person can't validate code of the programs they install.
>all of the data you think is private is just being siphoned off by one big ad company or the next in line.
>the average person can't tell if their mobile data has been Stingray'd.

we are all fucked.

> All free software isn't a botnet
> ishygddt

>>You have a social security number
>no I don't I live in the Balkans
Yes, you fucking do you dumb eastern slav.

all my devices librebooted/corebooted. i love freedom.

nothing is botnet-free

Running 100% free software all the time is a meme dude. Especially if your job is in technology. Mostly because almost every real tech company is going to use non-free software in some form or fashion, such as a non-free bootloader like you mentioned, but more likely something like proprietary drivers, or Windows, or some weird web hosting application, but most likely you're just gonna hit MS and Windows products.

Don't freak yourself out dude. Really think about what matters to you most. Convenience or Privacy. I mean this sincerely. You *could* install coreboot on an old thinkpad, Tomato on your router, and then only use a VPN like PIA or Cryptostorm, only use GNU/Hurd or Parabola or some shit, only use a landline touch tone phone and delete your entire online presence from the internet. It is possible! but how much time are you willing to sacrifice for that? How many hours are you going to spend after saying "Oh yeah sorry Autodesk Inventor crashed in Wine and I lost all my work, I'll get it all back together this weekend" or "sorry Libreoffice doesn't support the presentation format you're using very well..." or "sorry I can't interact with Powershell natively or at all because non-free"

Or if you're assigned a workstation, which undoubtedly will have nonfree software on it.

The point i'm making is: A computer is a tool. It was created to get things done in a more efficient way than before. To save labor and time. Yes it is annoying that the government and corporations seem hellbent on knowing everything about us, but is the anxiety worth it if you do some *basic* privacy hygiene? Does the NSA really have a leg up on you because you don't have a free bootloader?

Think about it man. Really. I did the whole old Thinkpad netbook free software meme for awhile and all it brought me was obstacles to getting things done. Now I have a T25, Win10 Pro, ALOT of VM's I don't want broken, and ALOT of research that I really don't want to lose.

The hard drive is literally impossible to remove without disassembling the entire laptop

Also PowerPC is vulnerable to speculative execution

idk but I'm interested in their upcoming phone, I intend to buy one if the reviews are good.

It's at least a little bit botnet because you're running Ubuntu, which is Canonical + Amazon botnet.

>wants to escape botnet
>uses old hardware with a billion security holes
>uses free software that's also completely insecure
>forgets google uses linux servers that are routinely compromised
>hurr durr free always is better
>hurr durr free means that volunteers will patch exploits
>hurr durr putting the code on display means that I can see all the security holes, because i can see every security hole ever because i'm a security expert
>"fuck yea man fuck the botnet"

They call it free as in freedom for a reason.

Holy shit

M E T A
E T
T E
A T E M

You cannot escape it without giving it up 100%. You can make it a little bit more difficult to find you but they ll always will find you.

Btw is gonna be harder and harder as we move towards a cash-free society, where our passports and personal certificats are being degitilized etc etc.