Is it still the king?

Is it still the king?

Attached: mb-logo-2.png (470x247, 19K)

Common sense + adblocker is king.
You need snake oil like that if you have a company and have to prove to the bean counters that you have "measures against malware" and shit.

Snake oil implies it doesn't actually do anything. I use anti virus to scan torrents

Common sense would imply not downloading dodgy torrents that might be infected with malware

No lol... Common sense is double checking, regardless of the source of the torrent (even if downloading from private trackers)

windows defender is good enough.

If you mean integrity of files, checksum exist

If you mean the source itself being compromised, I suppose that is possible but there is no guarantee your anti-virus would catch it either. Regardless I don't know the "king" I think searching for antivirus rewards and seeing which version wins the most

king of pooland

Lol whatever bro.. I know I am right, and I suspect you do as well

Yes.

Yeah, but part of having common sense is examining the .exe's you download from pirate sites.
What's the tool to do that in your package?

it has never been, stop advertising your shit.

Why did they change their GUI to look like actual malware?

Attached: 1536435478052.jpg (286x327, 17K)

I was just saying once I stopped pirating thing, I only find myself using torrents for distros, and those have checksums.

but that time Mint was compromised made me think that even distributors can be compromised. I used to use MSE on Windows 7 but I don't follow antiviruses anymore so it was merely a suggestion to see which wins the most rewards, I wasn't trying to prove you wrong or anything

I feel like there's some rule that any program centered around fixing infections or security flaws must look like gaudy shit.

common sense wont save you from everything. when will this meme die

Malwarebytes is complete shit
Its real-time protection is worthless and Hitman Pro is better for manual scanning

Dumb meme. You think the compromised CCleaner site could've been avoided with le comone cents? How about other people on the network running WannaCry?

there is a website for that

>adblocker
doesn't block malware

>using windows

Attached: 1517014470286.gif (200x150, 2.11M)

what is that?

ida pro?

Reminder that none of the antivirus software stopped the infected CCleaner. Only very much later did most of them add the file to their lists (pretty much when Piriform had already pulled down the infected download).
AV are a meme, resource hog, privacy risk anda security risk (they hook deep into Windows kernel and introduce bugs)

>mfw not auditing every binary executable you use

Attached: ida.jpg (168x166, 11K)

Which site?

Was it signed with a digital signature? If so then it's because most AV's don't check the files that are signed with a valid digital signature.

Not him, but virustotal.com is a popular one.

Virus total = king

I always used this as a last resort. Don't know if it's still good. But i've known of it for many years, and at the time it was amazing.

Thanks senpai. Used to be a poor NEET and didn't care if virus steals my money I don't have.

Yes--you need to be retarded to download system=destroying crapware like CCleaner in the first place.

Chad Roguekillercmd vs
Virgin malwarebytes

Attached: 1505108365394.png (500x328, 30K)

It never was.

Maybe years ago before they came out with their trash "real time protection." Now it's just a bloated pile of shit.