Are there any phones left with user-replaceable batteries?

Are there any phones left with user-replaceable batteries?

Attached: charging-phone-battery.jpg (2900x1900, 2.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

thewhizcells.com/smartphones-still-come-removable-battery-2018/
aliexpress.com/item/SERVO-W380-4-5-Screen-Quad-Core-1-3GHz-Android-7-0-Smartphone-ROM-4GB-Camera/32870840717.html
gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2018&idBatRemovable=1
youtu.be/D9prht-PcWY
gsmarena.com/search.php3?
twitter.com/AnonBabble

every phone has a user replaceable battery if you try hard enough

the issue is getting back together

thewhizcells.com/smartphones-still-come-removable-battery-2018/

First result on google.

>Samsung Galaxy S5
>an old phone from 2014

It really *is* hopeless, isn't it?

Attached: Yatjhct.jpg (375x375, 40K)

Yes

maybe stop buying shit phones with ebay tier batteries? any decent flagship will have a battery with enough endurance to keep majority of it's charge for 2 years (i.e. the normal lifetime of the phone)

aliexpress.com/item/SERVO-W380-4-5-Screen-Quad-Core-1-3GHz-Android-7-0-Smartphone-ROM-4GB-Camera/32870840717.html

Attached: wantTHIS.jpg (1416x1424, 464K)

A SD801 is still a perfectly usable CPU in 2018. The only real concern is NAND wear on the device.

There were a few released this year
gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2018&idBatRemovable=1

Attached: phones-with-removable-batteries-2018.jpg (738x1440, 100K)

Moto e5 Play.

Its a nice thing to have, but my batteries usually last me more than 3 years anyway.

Attached: 1542536696279.jpg (558x800, 230K)

Pay someone else to do it. Key word here is pay.

I found it's not that hard on most Android phones.

I changed the battery on my iPhone. 6S plus. Not that hard.

I replaced my Pixel XL battery just 2 weeks ago for $60

Attached: 1350450277688.png (203x219, 3K)

im still using my trusty galaxy s2
the battery is still going strong also because i know how to cycle it

LG V20, the end of an era

Attached: lg-v20-review-2.jpg (1200x800, 138K)

Meme feature.

>2yrs
>normal lifetime
>for a device costing 500+ dollars

Palmrubbingintensifies.webm

>posted from $200 rooted note 4

Still rocking a v10 here

I'm using an lg g5 right now

Most dumphones have batteries that can easily be replaced.

>feel like battery life is starting to go to shit
>suddenly battery last just as long as before

Does this happen?

That woupd mean you bever really use it to its max potential, so how would u know its still going strong

G5 SE here

I replaced battery on xiaomi redmi note 3 pro
It wasn't so hard.
If you want a phone with 'replacable' battery (like that xiaomi) check if there are batteries for sell on that phone.

This belongs on /sqt/

>2 years (i.e. the normal lifetime of the phone)
i'm still using my galaxy S3 that's been through the wash. the only thing that broke is the camera and battery, which needed replacing anyway.

why is the pixel such a piece of shit device that already needs a battery replacement
i guess you don't have to worry about it not being waterproof anymore because it never was, lmao@urlife

I've never owned a phone that couldn't have its battery easily replaced by its user. Then again, I'm not a faggot, so I've never owned a phone at all.

I've had my phone for 4 years, consumerfag.

>Just replace your phone every 24 months, goy, why buy a battery when you could get a smartphone++++++++++++++++ to upgrade from your smartphone+++++++++++++++

there are batteries for sale for most phones, for example the Sony Z series and old shitty LGs, but replacing them is a bitch because the screen is glued

I agree it's doable for some Redmi phones, have opened my 4X for a different reason

you're the bitch, because for the sonys, at least, you don't remove the screen to replace the battery

yes you remove the back glass, which is glued in the same way and breaks just as easily

my nexus 5 was fairly easy to replace

BlackBerry KEYone and Key2 if you know what a ribbon cable is

>any decent flagship will have a battery with enough endurance to keep majority of it's charge for 2 years
Bullshit. Pretty much every phone will need to be charged once a day or few days depending on usage. Maybe on standby a phone could go for a week. There are no phones that can last two years on a single charge though. The battery would have to be as big as a house.

The only reason I didn't get a V20 is because LG decided they wouldn't allow bootloader unlocking the only variant that had all the bands active (H990).

He meant the battery's ability to hold its rated charge after repeated charge/discharge cycles.

>Bullshit. Pretty much every phone will need to be charged once a day or few days depending on usage. Maybe on standby a phone could go for a week. There are no phones that can last two years on a single charge though. The battery would have to be as big as a house.
Imagine being this much of a brainlet

stop posting

the back glass is not the screen

LG V20 is the last flagship with removable battery.

Still using my v20 vs995 with 6400 mah extented battery on RR 6.2.1 oreo + gamma kernel.
Seems perfect, snap820 with undervolted and tweaked custom kernel is still reliable, cameras with gcam are on 2018 flagship level.
Beside big size i cant find any reason to change it for newer phone.

Just keep your battery between 30% and 75% and it will last forever.

Honestly it is not that usable. The ui of my s5 is so sluggish even after I turned all the animations off. It had a score of 40000 in antutu if I recall. Anything below 60000 is not usable.

Attached: 1533203726373.jpg (736x920, 94K)

S5 is damn usable in current year if you don't do phone gaming like manchildren

pic related.

Attached: Screenshot_20181119-100432_Settings.png (1080x1920, 137K)

Why do you want easily removable batteries? What's wrong with you? Just pay $10 to some fuck who'll open it up and replace the battery if you want. Seriously fucking hell

>Just pay someone to do something you've been easily able to do for 20 years

20 years ago phones were dinosaur tier, fuck batteries you don't need to change them unless they conk out.

Not only that, but it will inevitably lag because of the 32bit architecture. Same will happen no matter which custom ROM you use.
youtu.be/D9prht-PcWY

>you don't need to change batteries unless you do
Brilliant, you must be very intelligent, I'm sure

>Well you only need to change it if it does this thing that it invariably will without fail

Attached: 1470571623080.jpg (410x557, 31K)

>android 9
>kernel 3.4

what the fuck

Batteries don't die daily. When it gives out, get it changed from a shop. The notch, no 3.5mm jacks, no microsd slots, those are real problems.

What if i wanna swap batteries while at the bus stop etc.
I'm still going strong with my lg g3 simply because I like this convieniece and not the tangly cord power bank meme

Any of these have official lineageos?

I'm still on my Galaxy S4. Seems to be fine, if a bit slow at times?

It doesn't have any performance issues on lineageOS

backported a lot of features. But it works, I have to admit.

I use LineageOS on my S5. I wouldn't say it has NO performance issues but it's certainly usable. The screen is also way better than most budget phones come with these days.

The only issue I have is using the camera with the flash will sometimes cause the phone to die. I have to remove and reinsert the battery to get it to boot again.

>Are there any phones left with user-replaceable batteries?
THOUSAND OF THEM
ALL PHONES EXPCT TARGETED FOR RICH AND STUPED PEOPLE HAVE replaceable batteries

Attached: UPGRADE2010.png (836x768, 17K)

Moto E4 Plus. It is easily the AK-47 of smartphones. It's not the fastest or most fancy thing, but it only cost me $200 outright, I don't give a shit if it breaks, and the battery is (intentionally) user replaceable. That is, if it even dies because the battery literally lasts 2-3 days without charging even under moderate-heavy use.

Why would you need to replace a battery?

Batteries have limited charge and recharge cycles
Batteries can be damaged and lose cycles to heat and cold
Batteries can be from Samsung and blow up because of flaws in manufacture

>verykool
b- based

I don't have this issue desu, but I don't really use the camera.
I mean, it performs just as good as it did before and in fact much better than it did on touchwiz 4/5. But it's not power efficient and my battery decayed considerably over time.

Force shut down if the phone freezes or is stuck in a boot loop.
Extending the life of the device by buying a new battery in 3 years. Batteries have a limited lifespan and it's not like you gain much by upgrading your phone every 2-4 years so buying a battery is much cheaper.
Extending battery life by buying a larger battery.

still fragile and shit to replace

>broken window fallacy
There's no legitimate reason they stopped having them be replaceable, other than to broken window extra payments from their customers. Fuck you.

There are some prototype phone designs with batteries that can hold a charge for a little over a year already in testing phases. Size is still an issue unfortunately. There have been rumors recently though that similar cell phone technology that is nearly ready to be marketed with batteries that hold up to a six month charge good for daily use will be getting leaked to the press soon for gauging public reaction.

Try and keep up with the conversation kiddos.

Attached: bp.jpg (600x814, 119K)

Tactilon dabat

Attached: 02f.jpg (655x527, 34K)

I want an uraniun powered phone with a battery that will last longer than me on a single charge becuase it will give me cancer.

Glass and glued backs are also an issue.
3.5mm isn't really important. But mSD is.

>verykool

Attached: How-To-Install-Doge-Kodi-Addon.jpg (390x380, 31K)

lol

all batteries are user replaceable if you're brave enough

THOUSAND OF THEM
ALL PHONES EXPECT TARGETED FOR RICH AND STUPED PEOPLE HAVE replaceable batteries

Attached: 10-1-Inch-notebook-Android-laptop-HDMI-Laptop-8GB-Quad-Core-Android-5-1-HDMI-Wi.jpg (1000x1000, 86K)

1. What sort of normie piece of degenerate shit actually buys a new flagship phone every two years

2."you don't need it" isnt a good answer to a consumer who wants something.

Funny how phones are outrageously overspecced
People that buy flagship phones every two years are on a loop back when phones were free with a subscription plan with higher priced business usage telecoms shifting to full units purchased by companies or deferred as corporate expenses then users became pseudomorally defined entities that consumed the binning cycle over the traditional leasing status symbol with a price tag justified by hours spent on usage ratio

calm down pajeet

Most 32-bit SOCs will be rendered completely obsolete at some point, hell they're pretty much impractical and obsolete nowadays. The 805 in my Droid Turbo is still fairly snappy since I've done just about everything in my power to make sure I don't bog it down with unnecessary bloatware apps but there is the occasional noticeable hiccup every now and then, plus power efficiency isn't nearly as good as 64-bit SOCs, most of which use a 7-14nm process. The SD 660 is basically just a SD 820 on a new process with a newer GPU.

But then you lose your waterproofing.

*5 seconds at 1 foot fresh water or 0 seconds salt water over lifetime of device

I wish we could use the stock camera with custom roms its just too good. The only thing i diddnt like about rr is the second screen rotates when you go into landscape mode.

GOAT phone and also last of an era

No new models that I could find. At least when using gsm arena's phone finder.
gsmarena.com/search.php3?