>For monitors include purpose and graphics pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo
>For Win7 in Ryzen pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

CPU
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - If you have a $2000+ budget and don't care that it'll be superseded by 7nm CPUs next year
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Wait for R7 3700X - Surely the best overall and not a massive disappointment like the 9900k
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580/590 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>Waste money - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Or 2080Ti, but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>FOR GAMING START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make your build to drive it appropriately

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous

Attached: morpheus II v56 mod.png (796x378, 538K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/Dell-S2417DG-24-inch-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B01784K78A/ref=sr_1_1?tag=amazongs-21&s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1519830698&sr=1-1&keywords=Dell+S2417DG&th=1&psc=1
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/TxRg4q
amazon.com/Samsung-860-SATA-Internal-MZ-N6E1T0BW/dp/B07822Z77M
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202280&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
youtube.com/watch?v=eZJcXHOn42Y
pcpartpicker.com/list/CtTZvn
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAE8D8E43411
pcpartpicker.com/list/42By3b
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157844&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Convince me to not buy an RTX 2070 for gayming in 1440p when it's cheaper than Vega 64 and cheaper than a GTX 1080

Any Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales leaked?

Attached: spoils of black friday.jpg (580x799, 119K)

amazon.co.uk/Dell-S2417DG-24-inch-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B01784K78A/ref=sr_1_1?tag=amazongs-21&s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1519830698&sr=1-1&keywords=Dell+S2417DG&th=1&psc=1

Is there a reason I shouldn't go for this monitor ? Seems reasonably priced for 1440p 144hz with g-sync

24" is too small for 1440p in my opinion

what does AMD stand for?

user's Micro Dick

overclock a 1070ti and get equal performance for 300-350 dollars

R8 and h8, faggots

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/TxRg4q

Still finalizing my build. Any thoughts?

Advanced Micro Devices

This nigga now doesn't even mention what to buy if you want more than 1080 performance because amd can't even compete above that.
What a fucking joke this thread is. Don't forget that if you try to correct it he makes 5 new threads to hide the correct one lol. /v/ is unironically a better place to ask for advice than this poofest

Weird, when I click the link it's 27"

can someone who got the 2 game bundle that AMD cards come with tell me the process of it? I just know that I need an account

I bought it with a 1070ti. It's nice once calibrated

Is a 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2, for $155 a good deal?

Reminder of the report function for off topic posts, trolling outside of /b/, and extremely low quality posts.

>Convince me to not buy an RTX 2070 for gayming in 1440p when it's cheaper than Vega 64
Don't buy it because it's not cheaper than Vega64, especially when you include monitor cost. Simple.
Not sure where you're finding a What's a good price for a 1070
Considering you can get Vega56, a 20% faster card, for around $350-400, it includes 3 $60 games, and most importantly supports Freesync?
I wouldn't even pay $200 for a 1070 at the moment. It's also doubtful that the 1070 is ever going to get cheaper and ever become good value, so simply forget about it unless looking at used.
Since the day the 1070 came out, it has never been a good price:performance choice, except when RX580s and 1060s became $350 during the mining boom but 1070s could still be gotten for $400. Relatively, at the time, that was the only time. Though still, 1080s were generally better value still then as well.

>muh free games

>Don't buy it because it's not cheaper than Vega64
I'm in Europe and Vegas are a rarity with very few models available.
The cheapest Vega 64 I can find right now is 500 € with a fucking jet engine blower.

is currently $130 at amazon
amazon.com/Samsung-860-SATA-Internal-MZ-N6E1T0BW/dp/B07822Z77M

What should I ask newegg in the customer service live chat?

I'm bored and I need someone to talk to since you guys aren't exciting enough

Any /pcbg/ black friday related questions?

Attached: 1533779259918.jpg (500x414, 23K)

No. It was like $115 or $125 yesterday, something like that. $155 is its normal price.

They mail you a key that you redeem on amdrewards.com
You sign up for an account specific to amdrewards.com which gives you points to redeem the games as if it's a store.
That then either gives you keys, or there is a button to link your account to another account to redeem the game, such as Uplay (which is how it was for AC:Odyssey and it surely is for The Division 2)

So if you wanted to sell The Division 2, you'd change the email address for the amdrewards.com account to their email and give them the login so they can log in and link their account. That's what I did to sell my AC:Odyssey key.

Vega56 Pulse was 399 euro in Europe, last I checked. And included the games. But it may have jumped up. These deals have not really been lasting long so you have to watch and grab them.
But regardless, I'm still seeing €629+ from Germany for a real 2070 and €579 for the best Vega 64, the Nitro+ (and it was €457 on November 4th and €497 yesterday)
You are right about less Vega models being available, though. Still.. you seem to typically have better available of the best ones, the two Sapphire models.

Prices aren't really stable except for RTX since no one is buying them.

How's the PowerColor Red Dragon RX580? Cheap and nasty heatsinks?

Reminder this shill
1) calls vega a "300 card" when it unironically costs $500 for a few weeks now
2) gets btfo every time he gets exposed and just comebacks with "report the trolls"
3) says adaptive sync is a MUST to argue that the vega is a good buy when every single reviewer in the internet says it"s worse value than a 1070ti

If a GPU were to fail out of the box, is there any sort of consensus on how early it would be? Thinking of getting a Sapphire Vega 64 reference and would slap a Morpheus II on it and Sapphire's warranty sucks dick.

>for a real 2070
What did he mean by this?

>Sapphire price dropped to $209 with DMC5 and RE2
Should I jump in now while the price is right? This is literally the best RX 580 for airflow.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202280&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Attached: 1494428675566.png (467x541, 267K)

TN should be fine if I'm only using it for gaming though right?

I have a big ol' 60" 4k tv for watching movies etc

yeah, probably the best deal for 1080p in quite a while

If it's a high refresh rate sure otherwise no.

They are good, especially the Golden Sample one, though it's like a 2.6 slot card for the GS.

Surprised you haven't heard of this already since it's been everywhere, but see: youtube.com/watch?v=eZJcXHOn42Y

Just put the old cooler back on if you have the RMA it. They can't deny your warranty unless your changing the cooler is what caused the damage.
But the first thing I would do is stress test it and make sure there's not an issue before replacing the cooler.

Yes, that is a very good deal.

Personally, I like the image quality of games to look as high quality as video, images, anyway. I don't get why there would be an exception where you spend all this money for hardware to drive games, but you have a monitor which leaves how they look lack luster. But that's up to you. I would not.

Does logitech make good speakers ?

Ignore him
He's mad that vega has only 2 models and nvidia 10 models to choose from and calls every nvidia that's not high end model a shit.
TN is totally fine.
The only reason he says TN is shit is just to make you buy IPS that has freesync so you then buy an amd card. It's all part of his agenda. Every single word he says is around selling an amd product either he blatantly says it or passively trying to manipulate you to buy one. Everyone who has been here for a while knows this.

Alright Jow Forums. Should I go for a Vega 64 nitro plus at 550 (new with friend's discount) or a used 1080ti on ebay for roughly that same price? Seems like adaptive sync 1440p ips monitors will be roughly the same price this black Friday. I really only care about performance and futureproofing.

May also go for a used vega 56 but I've heard the nitro model is a lot better.

1080 ti

no.

>used 1080ti on ebay for roughly that same price
Only if it's an EVGA with a valid warranty.

> I really only care about performance and futureproofing.
Considering that's what you want and 1080Ti is 30-40% better than vega then I don't know why you are even considering it

who does on the low end cost ?

get a sound bar

Does anyone know if the third part amazon sellers that are fulfilled by Amazon will come with the AMD bundle?

sound bars are the same as speakers its just a different form factor

I'm sorry if this is a brainlet question but how can I check if my computer will support a third monitor

Attached: HWiNFO64_2018-11-19_17-21-30.png (656x585, 93K)

>asus rog strix vega 56 + le free £150 in games!! for £360
was the amd shill right all along?

1080Ti if you can verify it works fine, ideally with a transferable warranty. That's too much to pay for even the Nitro+.
I don't know what you mean about the adaptive sync, though. Nvidia doesn't support adaptive sync, only their proprietary Gsync DRM.

Here is a more specific example of how bad the difference can be.
The real 2070 has 20% higher 0.1% minimums.
The fake 2070s aren't worth buying. Even the Vega 56 Red Dragon I got for $285 new is 72 fps 0.1% minimums compared to the 67 of the 2070 SC Black which is the best of the fake 2070s as far as I'm aware.

And thinking you can just overclock the fake 2070 to match a real one? It becomes even slower there, dropping from 67fps to 66.3fps.

Probably not. Ask their support.

Check the display support specs for the iGPU.

Forgot image, from the earlier video.

Attached: dont buy failed yield 2070s.png (1822x1023, 834K)

>£150 in games
>$1 re2 apparently costs £60
k

it's $80 more for 4fps

What's even worse for a lot of anons here Jow Forums is the only place they frequent to ask for a PC building advice. It maybe their very first PC they build on their own and that guy is deliberately misinforming them. I have no idea if it is autism induced blind fanboyism or if he really is a paid shill.

>They can't deny your warranty unless your changing the cooler is what caused the damage.

What concerns me is it seems like most GPU manufactures won't even look at it if the tamper stickers on the screws are damaged. I mean I'd try to get them off without ruining them but. Was thinking if I get it to run it for a week or two with the blower.

>fanboyism
Dunno senpai, his last post he recommends a used 1080ti over a Vega64

Sapphire vs XFX on an RX 580

Strix can have issue with alignment of the thermal pad on the VRM. Though buying a thermal pad strip to replace it with is only like $10. I'd jump on that deal.

>80.5-67 = 4
That fucking math.

>it seems like most GPU manufactures won't even look at it if the tamper stickers on the screws are damaged
Telling that's illegal will shut that down real quick and get your warranty handled.

I use a little water to take those stickers off and put them back on afterward which you can do just so that is never mentioned to begin with.
If you ruin the warranty stickers, don't worry about it as they aren't legally binding and are just baseless intimidation.

But sure, run it for a week, stress test it, try some undervolting and blah blah. Then replace the cooler. Don't just do it immediately after opening the box.

That's just the same person sockpuppeting. He has a number of different personalities.
Notice he tries to write slightly different there, but he can't but help but use the "autism and fanboyism" adjectives he uses on his other personality.
Just report him. He's probably ban evading as it is.

Nitro+ is only $210 last I checked. That's the one to go with at that price.

What the fuck do I do for an OS? Kinguin is the cheapest at $30 but all they sell are OEM licenses with no guarantees while retail W10 never goes lower than $95.

I haven't done a build in 9 years, so i'm completely alien to having to pay this much out the ass just for a license that

Attached: 1508302254053.jpg (768x768, 93K)

>Used Nvidia GPUs are better than AMD GPUs
Really makes you think

Is the difference between Ryzen 2600 and 2600x huge?

Not going to OC. 2600x cost $60 more for me.

Gaming only.

the XFX 580 is 200 at Best Buy if you're a rewards member, otherwise starts on Thursday. I was going to get it for sure but my rewards that would make it dirt cheap aren't going to go into effect for another week or so

pcpartpicker.com/list/CtTZvn

How am i doing so far?
prob will go for a 1070ti

>They mail you a key that you redeem on amdrewards.com
email or actual mail? and how long does it take after ordering the actual card?

ebay

>paying
>for
>windows

I pretty frequently recommend Nvidia for used. The troll/spammer knows that given how much he follows my posts, but it goes against the vary narrow narrative that he thinks he has good results on pushing. The only way he can attempt to create some narrative is by leaving out such things, even when they're in the post he's replying to.
Used Nvidia cards are more widely available. Plus when people are buying used, they're less likely to have a high end monitor to begin with. Or they're more likely to not care about the microstutters from the lack of *sync on a high refresh rate monitor and will upgrade into something else later.
Just doesn't make sense to buy them new for a while now since it's easier to compare new to new cards and Nvidia plainly loses there at the 570/1060/580/1070/ti/1080/vega/2070 range.

At $60 more, not worth. But they've been going on sale lately in lots of places. If not so for you, then just get the 2600 and OC unless you really want better performance without overclocking.

Yeah but the Nitro+ is better. Worth the extra 5%.
If there was no other good option for close to $200, I would say the XFX.

Email from the retailer.
I got mine from Newegg at the same time the card was shipped.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/CtTZvn
Mostly fine except that there's really no point in getting an 8700k when you're not also getting B-die, though.
You also need a monitor.

Should I care about Freesyn/G-sync when I gaymed all my life without it?

Anyone?

>best value option is the best value option
Don't really why brand comes into it

>vega 64

>That's just the same person sockpuppeting.
>He has a number of different personalities.
>Notice he tries to write slightly different there, but he can't but help but use the "autism and fanboyism" adjectives he uses on his other personality.
Did you forget your meds again and think everyone who disagrees with you is the same person waging a one man holy war against the AMD?

Attached: Screen-shot-2014-10-13-at-5.01.15-PM.jpg (976x450, 222K)

>order an R5 2600
>recieve my 2600 and a 1600 in the same box
what should i do? i'm not sending it back

But AyyMD is supposed to always be best value

So, what's a good mATX or ITX b450 or x470 board with the M.2 slot on the top side of the board for $150USD or less?

RX 580 or GTX 1060 are same price where I live, which do I get?

Odds of getting a licenese that isn't used or secretly OEM and require me to attempt the 3 hour phone transfer like Kinguin?

What would you have me do? Just have a watermark forever?

K.
MSI Mortar has an M.2 slot just a over the first PCIe slot and below the CPU socket if that counts. I'll have a bit more of a look.

Some people (like me) are self employed and will use their home computer for work as well as personal stuff. I wouldn't mind running pirated windows on a computer that I just use for browsing the web, watching animu, and playing games but I'm not about to use pirated software on a machine that I use for anything related to work or business.

Not really, especially if you have a 120Hz, 144Hz or 240Hz monitor already. It's only an issue with low refresh rate screens but why would you want one of them for gaming when 120Hz / 144Hz monitors and cheap and affordable now? There's no point in buying expensive goysync monitors or buying sub-optimal AMD GPUs for the freesync when you can simply eliminate screen tearing by getting a high refresh rate monitors.

Windows showing red color on HDD but I got 150gb free? Should I delete stuff or is it just indicated by %. I got a 2tb hdd

>What would you have me do? Just have a watermark forever?
Get a cheap license from Amazon marketplace.
Make sure it is advertized as a personal license.
Get your key.
You'll get a volume license key that the seller doesn't have any right to resell = fake advertisement.
Open a dispute and ask for a refund.
Get your refund.
Enjoy your free key.

That's theft. Return it

The only downside is that you won't be able to go back to a monitor without it afterward. And the price of Gsync, but not so for Freesync.

RX580 is an obvious choice if it comes with the games.
Otherwise, and if you're just on 1080p@60, it'll come down to which is the better model at the price.

This user has no idea what he's talking about.
He doesn't even understand the the issue isn't screen tearing, but is the microstutters which makes it look much less smooth.

>ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/TxRg4q
Card seems a little too expensive if it doesn't come with the games.
Really solid build if it does, though.

Nvidia GPUs often use their value faster when it comes to resale due to there being so many more of them to chose from for anyone who wants one. And because they tend to not age as well.
1060 3Gb tanked to $100 so damn fast on the used market a long time ago.

I got mine from an ebay seller that looked reputable. Was $8.

Lmao.
Sell the 1600 on craigslist?

It seems to be 3 but one of the ones I already have is connected to my motherboard instead of the graphics card. Does that change anything? This means 3 is the max right?
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAE8D8E43411

Attached: chrome_2018-11-19_18-01-01.png (372x179, 5K)

>It's only an issue with low refresh rate screens
What? It's a problem with high refresh monitors and cards that come up significantly short if the mark. Lower refresh monitors are the least likely to need it

I have a fairly shitty processor (i5 4460) and a dead 280X. I plan to buy a newer CPU (with a newer motherboard and whatever the fuck) later on, but I kinda would like to have a GPU soon enough and I can't currently put together enough for a decent whole build (given that RAM is like 3 fucking times as expensive as before).

Are the 1060/RX580 really overkill for this? I know there's some bottlenecking, but still.

Damn, it must be a popular board because Amazon is out of stock of it for the next 1-2 months.

I want to work at AMD too. I'm from a poor country and I'm looking for my first job. Can you give me any tips?

pcpartpicker.com/list/42By3b
how is this? Im not too sure about the card as Ive heard the RX 580 runs pretty hot

>Does that change anything?
Yes. Just because your motherboard has 3 display outputs doesn't mean the iGPU actually supports 3 displays.
I said to check the specs of the iGPU, not the motherboard.

2600 is way more CPU than the RX580 needs, but it's cheap and amazing value so there isn't much point in going lower than that.
RX580 is also cheap as fuck.
Your current CPU will bottleneck an RX580/1060, but you may as well get the 580 anyway just because of how cheap and good value it is. You could also get a 570, though it's not as much of an upgrade over the 280X.

So what exactly will 7nm do? Will it be such a leap forward?

Have a look at more, but most I'm looking at including Gaming Plus, B450 Pro4 and pretty much any mATX/ITX has at least one slot above the first PCIe slot.
Mortar is a solid board for the money hence the popularity, but arguably the Asrock B450 Pro4 is better for the "X" processors anyway (if you were going 2600X over 2600), and is still a good product in its own right.

>tfw now have a Freesync monitor but AMD still isn't releasing worthy GPUs

Intel have more positions vacant

Attached: 1529922358845.png (1002x1480, 1.25M)

Why does the 2600 only stay at 3.6ghz even if it is only 50 degrees when it can boost up to 3.9ghz?

Aight, RX580 it is. The CPU upgrade is gonna happen, just not now since it's basically the rest of the whole build and I really cannot afford that at the moment.

What temp is the power delivery at?

I was planning on going just plain 2600 unless the 2600X gets down to around the same price as the 2600. The board I had been looking at was this one.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157844&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

However, the placement of the one M.2 slot worried me as other users on PCPartPicker mentioned some concerns about heat generation with the M.2 drive being on the back of the board.

What's that?

My Nitro+ never got over like 73C.

That is a good build other than the PSU being too expensive for what it is, and the case being a dust magnet. Get something newer with dust filters.
Why the fuck does everyone pick that case, anyway? There's so many better options but I see it all the time in people's pcpp.

7nm will be a 25-35% performance increase. Considering the stagnation the past 3 years, that's a lot.

It went on sale for like $70 the other day and day before that.

It's like I keep saying... if you see a good sale, don't wait and wonder if there will be a better one on black friday. Just get it.
You'll regret more by missing out on slightly better sale as opposed to not even getting the item at all.
You don't have to buy your parts all at once. Buy whatever you see at a good price. Lots of these sales have only been lasting a few hours.

3.9 is the 2 core boost. 3.6 is the all-core boost. Actually, it should boost up to 4.05 or 4.1 on 2 cores with XFR. You can enable PBO in Ryzen Master and it'll use more power and boost more aggressively.

There's been repeated sales of 2600X at $170-$180. You just missed one on Newegg by an hour or so.

Redpill me on VA/AHVA panels, they seem like the middle-ground between IPS and TN and I'm coming from IPS.

>25-35% performance increase
For what normal use or some specific task? That is only AMD right? Intel is still behind?

Budget $1,000 USD.
Gaming PC.
Want something that'll run games at 1080p and 60fps for hours without a problem.

VRM. If the temps on that aren't kept in check across the VRM, it'll throttle the CPU. What board have you got? Airflow issues in your case?
Even the Pro4 will still be a good pick for a 2600. But yeah, all the budget MSI, Asrock, Gigabyte and Asus boards I'm looking at have an M.2 slot in a similar position, which is good as it sits below the CPU cooler.

8700k/9700k is still gonna be better than 7nm. It's just a marketing meme. Amdrones overhype everything everytime there is a new release.