Rock Band .mogg decryption

I dug up this old post regarding .mogg decryption for Rock Band, but it seems the OP never posted the method:
4archive.org/board/g/thread/52241976

If anyone has a lead on this I'd great appreciate it. I'd like to incorporate it into C3 CON tools now that it's open source.

Attached: XkllPeh.png (630x405, 89K)

look into clone hero, either the community ripped everything from all the rockbands and guitarheros, or they are some dedicated mother fuckers to properly chart 5000 songs to game accurate degrees

Clone Hero is the reason I'm looking into this actually. I have some older DLCs from rock band network that I want to port over since they're missing from the available list.

Fuck I need to get in on this. So many rbn songs I'm pissed I missed

I installed phase shift a while back to kill time with my old rock band guitar. Is clone hero better or something?

Maybe if we bump this topic enough the guy who broke the encryption will show up.

Attached: 1522965975711.jpg (460x400, 45K)

It's basically the UI from GH3 and the ability to play any song in Phase Shift format. Some people took the time to convert most of the stuff released (rock band / GH games + DLC), but some DLC is missing. Strangely enough, a lot of the stuff converted had to have been decrypted to port over, since Clone Hero doesn't support encrypted .mogg files. Yet there's no documentation about how this was done online and Clone Hero's discord won't talk about it.

I prefer the rock band ui which is pretty close to how phase shift has it. It was fun scrolling through the threads with every song from each game linked into it and downloading the ones I missed from dlc and my old favorites. Need to fix my windows install so I can play it again and dig out my old drum kit for ultimate funs

>2016
>old

>or they are some dedicated mother fuckers to properly chart 5000 songs to game accurate degrees
worst 2 months of my life

Attached: download.jpg (189x266, 8K)

Where can find a software that plays these and a few sample files?
Might give it a go when i'm bored

I don't know if there are variations of the format, but I downloaded a song from Beatles rockband, and at the suggestion of a search, tried audacity. It's able to open it.
Don't know it this helps anything, just throwing it out there.

Attached: Capture.png (855x797, 106K)

bumping before I go to sleep

bump

Bumping, is there a rhythm game general on /vg/?

There are ~2000 songs from RBN that were never ripped completely. We have the midis, but not the stems, which is what's in the encrypted .moggs.

Only the RBN moggs aren't cracked. The RBN songs we have weren't ripped, someone played the song in RB3 like 8 times, recording the individual stems. This is why we have so few RBN songs.

Afaik only the Rock Band games can play these .moggs due to the encryption. Unencrypted .moggs can be played in Audacity.

why clone hero over frets on fire?

does it actually separate out each part of the song? that's pretty based

Because FoF is shit, and Clone Hero isn't.

just from an ease of use perspective, clone hero is better.

looking into phase shift because I want to play drums again, at least early impressions are phase shift while good, lacks stability, its possible given the early access goes well that that aspect of it will improve, but i hold little hope.

soon to be on steam
they have to have polished it up for an official release

Yes.