Explain to a wangblows fag what systemd is and why you Jow Forumsuys hate it so much

Explain to a wangblows fag what systemd is and why you Jow Forumsuys hate it so much.

Attached: 1530831431752[1].jpg (690x588, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

serverfault.com/questions/755818/systemd-using-4gb-ram-after-18-days-of-uptime
bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=220625
github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/9141
blog.kylemanna.com/linux/systemd-journalctl-memory-hog/
ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2346794
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's a subsystem that's used on most Linux distros that handles init and a whole bunch of other stuff. A lot of aspects of it are fucking retarded, like binary logs, mounting EFI vars with write access by default, and so on. It's not a big issue on laptops and desktops that get turned off at least once a week, but on servers it'll eat up all your RAM if it's left on for several weeks. This high RAM usage is due to journaling or something, or so I've heard. This is why my server runs Devuan (Debian without systemd). It doesn't have that high memory usage anymore.

Now install Q4OS.

binary logs as in not ascii?

imagine it as svchost

it's the wangblows of init systems

still better than windows

people just hate learning new stuff
it's not that bad really
my only complaint is having to type a special "reload" command after changing a service file

It's author is a fucking insufferable faggot. That's one reason

originally it was an init system (a program that runs the very first on startup to run other program, i.e. service, daemon, whatever you wanna call it)
suddenly it replaces everything in the linux system, almost becomes an operating system of it's own, that's why some fa/g/gots call it systemd/gnu/linux

come with an easy root access mechanism via dhcp. it's kinda like windows in the code red days.

It's a system and service manager you faggot, not a fucking subsystem. Also, you don't mount the EFI vars, the kernel just exports it in the sysfs. And high RAM usage? Something tells me you just get all your Linux info from fucking memes.

Kys

Okay retard.

serverfault.com/questions/755818/systemd-using-4gb-ram-after-18-days-of-uptime
bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=220625
github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/9141

Attached: snapshot2.png (428x112, 11K)

Debian uses it.
Devuan is Debian without it.
Ubuntu et al won't/can't move over to devuan. If they did we wouldn't be having this conversation

fuck off pottering

>serverfault.com/questions/755818/systemd-using-4gb-ram-after-18-days-of-uptime

Literally some random 1 off guy with a problem literally nobody else has and he refused to debug.

Nobody on Jow Forums hates systemd except for jealous BSD fags stuck on sysv.

>systemd
writen in cooperation of evil and retarded people for botnet (You)

Attached: BOTNETS2.png (475x413, 19K)

>He thinks Debian is upstream to anything.

Attached: big.jpg (374x500, 105K)

>literally

>Literally some random 1 off guy with a problem
Whatever makes you sleep better at night, Lennart.

blog.kylemanna.com/linux/systemd-journalctl-memory-hog/
ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2346794

>blog.kylemanna.com/linux/systemd-journalctl-memory-hog/
>I have a small $5/mo Digital Ocean droplet (Use my promo code to get a $10 credit!) with 512MB of RAM running a number of small low volume services. I recently added a Syncthing relay and started logging to Papertrail.

Do you bother reading this shit before you google a problem you want to exist and copy paste the first result?

Literally fake news.

Attached: painthuff.jpg (480x270, 15K)

>maybe if I paste the first two lines and call it fake news it'll just magically not be valid
I'd honestly expect nothing less from a tripfag. I'm tempted to start filtering you fuckers again, since you add nothing but pure, unfiltered Down's Syndrome tier commentary to my Jow Forums shitposting experience.

It's everything wrong with Windows 98 re-implem ented in Linux.

Oh my bad.
You saying its valid for no reason suddenly makes it valid, go read the blog where some literal pajeet wants to brag about using some 500MB ram VM hoping someone uses his subscriber link so he gets a free month of raspberry pi tier server usage.

He is complaining about not having enough ram and blaming systemd, it isn't a memory leak.

>if you don't have 2TB of RAM then just don't use a computer lmao
>t. Harry Poettering, systemdicks cock goblin
Alright, tripfag. Do you know how to scroll? You want a spoon feeding? Open wide, little buddy! Here comes the air plane.

>But, why and how is it using 17.7% (I’ve seen up to 25%) of my available memory? Nobody knows
>but hopefully we can swim upstream and fix journalctl so that it behaves more like the Ubuntu build
>Hopefully journalctl has a bug that is easily fixed to bring this back to reality so that it is not an unnecessary resource hog for just streaming log files
Next article, faggot. I'll read more of them to your illiterate ass if that's what you really wanna do this morning.

That's from the question you linked to where the guy refused to debug it.
It isn't related, and easily dismissed.

What kind of absolute fucking retard would pay for CentOS and not use the fucking support that comes with it?

Its obviously some total bullshit.

Maybe you should try and form your own opinions based on your own experiences so you don't come off like a total idiot.

>Maybe you should try and form your own opinions based on your own experiences
I installed Debian on my home server, systemdicks ate all my RAM, and so I installed Devuan instead. Now I have plenty of free RAM the swap is never used, and I never have to reboot the damn thing. Maybe you should stop r*ddit spacing, ditch the tripcode, and fucking lurk more. Thanks, moron.

It's a daemon that initializes a bunch of services. People dont like it cuz too monolithic and a single ponit of failure for the whole system.

I really dont mind it but I see why people have a problem with it.

I have a home server running Debian. Systemd is using ~50M of RAM across the main pid, journald, logind etc. Curious as to how it ate up all your RAM in your experience.

In mine it broke the entire machine through some upgrade desu

Dude Debian sucks.

You suck

Could've removed systemd instead of reinstalling the whole distro
> the absolute state of Jow Forums

Debian founder was killed by police for regecting systemd

Attached: ANNE_FRANK.jpg (480x270, 56K)

No, the Debian founder was mentally ill and killed himself after he assaulted a bunch of cops completely nude and black out drunk.

>completely nude
{{Citation needed}}

Years of this tripfag getting btfo, and yet it never gets old.