I just made a video on my computer and now I see why people need such good rigs...

I just made a video on my computer and now I see why people need such good rigs. How are there still people thinking 8-16 GiB RAM is enough? Just my tiny school project uses most of that

Attached: Capture.png (712x81, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Xapa6OnnE4o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Looks like your CPU was utilized the most not the memory. A more expensive/faster processor would’ve went farther in speeding up what you were doing than more ram would’ve. Unless you wanted to have a some extra programs/tabs open.

yeah my computer is pretty old I just think it's funny that people think RAM is a meme when it isn't

It depends on what people use PC's for. Not all people are video editors.

Chrome also uses about this much RAM after about 2 tabs.

yeah I do android app development which necessitates running an android VM and my 8 gigs do me just fine

As a rule of thumb, no one on this board understands RAM usage. If your OS uses a ton of RAM properly, then it is caching and loading apps in the background to speed up execution when you open those apps. There are OSes that misuse memory, but when people complain about chrome using up half of their system memory, what chrome is really doing is making the browser way faster than it would be otherwise. Firefox has started to do this with quantum.

If your motherboard has empty RAM slots you're doing it wrong.

That's true

Attached: 18269416289318236192863891623861.png (1365x719, 386K)

OP here my internet went kill, my pc used to have all the ram slots filled but 1 stick went bad so now I only have 24 GB and I can't get my rig with 64 to turn on via the power button. It sucks because this software used 17 GB at one point and I only has 24, rest of system was scared

internet back online!

Attached: Capture.png (666x87, 6K)

It was just a general remark.

>using adobe shitware
found your problem

I just needed to make a video for school and this one has a free trial so I used it. In my experiences in the past, there was not really much good free software for video editing

I use shotcut (FOSS!) for my video editing
do you need to do anything crazy?

I didn't really know, I didn't make a video since Quake 3 frag days.

Premiere Pro was really easy to use though so I don't regret it. Shot and made video all in a day. Freetard software always has some huge learning curve which is fine if it's not just a one-off that you need to use that sort of software but it'll probably be another decade before I make a video again

eh it wasn't that hard for me to use
I always try to advise people to use the FOSS alternatives when possible, and I think it would be easier on your hardware as well

It's because the majority of Jow Forums are computer illiterate linux users and because their outdated barely operating system defaults to large swapiness they think it consumes less RAM.

It's a meme if you have no use for it.

RAM is for time-critical memory.
For rendering and music production, you can slap a 32GB swap partition and be done with it.

Put your swap on a ram disk

lol

10/10 made my day

You could try DaVinci Resolve, it let you use the same Premiere Pro key shortcuts and it's a complete solution in a single program. Unless you do really advanced and specific shit with Premiere Pro.

No I basically just had to string together some stuff I recorded on my Samsung Galaxy Note8 at the park today and put some voiceovers in.

Windows movie maker probably would have worked but idk if it still exists.

It's a video about knockin down those faggy rock stacks you see when you hike

Attached: ApplicationFrameHost_W80vjcGcO3.jpg (1920x1050, 229K)

16GB min for premiere desu

Ppl that work on premiere will also need a good gpu that got as many cuda cores as possible (ie gtx titan black), the render speed will greatly benefit from them as it is accelerated by Cuda Mercury Engine. So yeah, if you don't get a beast of a pc / workstation, your efficiency will suffer

>It's a video about knockin down those faggy rock stacks you see when you hike

Why? Do you have autism or something?

Look at this monster of a thing I saw today, just look.
Tell me it wouldn't ruin your hike.
youtu.be/Xapa6OnnE4o
It werked pretty good on my 1080

1080 is top tier for rendering, I'm using the same card coupled with a R7 1800X for 4k video editing

How did you get a program from next year!

Attached: makebelievesign.jpg (525x463, 58K)

Is that an XP task manager in your screenshot user ???

Yeah boi, 4x1GB for the win

Windows 7, actually.

Idiot, limit your memory consumption in the settings.