Fuck Lenovo

Why is there no such thing like a fucking Thinkpad with touchscreen so I can take notes while still enjoy a good keyboard and no mouse?
I don't need a touchpad
I don't need a webcam
I do need a good keyboard
I do want at least a touchscreen

ffs. How do I build a laptop all by myself? I want the trackpoint, but where to get and assemble the hardware without having a fucking degree in elictrical engineering?

Attached: neofetch-2018-01-31_22-44-45.png (444x256, 45K)

I want zoomers to leave

You mean the x220t or x230t????

Also thinkpad not good for audiophille boyz.

I'm trying really hard to understand what you're saying but I just can't. what makes you unable to take notes without a touchscreen?

Trackpoints are almost exclusive to Thinkpads, but it's branding gadget with little use - nobody else actually needs them.

Touchscreens also are utter shit unless they're pen-based high accuracy ones where you at least can draw precisely... but even then a digitizer tablet is better.

The screen does break easily, doesn't it?

I'm using the trackpoint exclusively, I can't work without it. It's such a pain in the ass to leave my keyboard for 2 seconds and move the mouse on that shitty touchpad

I can't sympathize even though I'm mostly on keyboard control, tiling WM and consoles and all that.

But I guess you drop the touch screen and get one of the few Laptops (Thinkpad or other Chinese IIRC) that have one of these. And then you augment it with a digitizer "drawing tablet" when you need it. It's anyhow often superior since it doesn't obstruct the screen and any model that you'd get as informed person now (even the Chinese ones) will be precise.

>Why is there no such thing like a fucking Thinkpad with touchscreen so I can take notes while still enjoy a good keyboard and no mouse?
Dude
All high tier business laptops still come with trackpoints. If the ones you're looking at don't, you're looking at consumer garbage

The x1 carbon has a touch screen and clit mouse

Attached: IMG_20181118_151106.jpg (1564x1564, 737K)

point me to the right ones, senpai

>so I can take notes
Use loose leaf paper + mechanical pencil for notes.

I'm really trying to understand why he can't buy a thinkpad with a touchscreen.

New (and some old) HAVE a touchscreen option.

Even a fucking X60t has a touchscreen, you can take your shitty notes on an IME-less C2D if your autism desires

X41t is more than enough for simple note taking. Can't handle too much vim plugins, but that's not such a big problem. Got one for $20, works like charm.

Although, newer is better in this case. I bet x60t and x61t have better energy consumption (can't make x40t live longer than 2.5 hours), and, well, cores, and proper storage support (although I was pleasantly surprised on how fast linux loads even on PATA drive), so I would suggest them, actually.

Go play with your finger paints user. They have real tactile feedback.

alkalized and bluepilled

There literally are, search for "thinkpad tablet".

Note, that touchscreens will almost always be subpar. But if you really want...

the autistic kid in my class has trouble with a keyboard too, all the dribble makes all the keys sticky as fuck

Attached: special_kenny.png (351x379, 147K)

mine did.
fuck that i got an xps now

>NEW BAD
>OLD GOOD

This is a technology board not an antiques one.

>Although, newer is better in this case
For sure, if I wanted one I would get an X230t and actually have a modern usable laptop that's suitable for everything, except things that are explicitly demanding like modern games or rendering and stuff - so basically for any day to day task you never have to work about performance at all. Plus one thing newer CPUs are almost invariably better at is power saving, due to die shrinks and ever more advanced power state management.

I was just pointing out that touchscreens aren't some kind of new gimmick or advanced technology, and not only do plenty of thinkpad models have them, but they've even had them for decades.

This also applies to you. Touchscreens aren't "NEW BAD", they're just bad. And non-touchscreen isn't "OLD GOOD", plenty (maybe most) very new laptop models come without a touchscreen.

>Touchscreens are bad

You just dont know how to use them effectively

I don't want touchscreen on my phone let alone on laptop
fucking NPC

you really can't read, can you?

Attached: autistic_pepe.jpg (600x484, 24K)

XPS 15

> if I don't want it nobody needs it
thanks for your important opinion for the bottom of your momma's basement, retard

So touchscreens are good? Faggot.

X1 Extreme but it's expensive