Mechnaical keyboards are a MEME

Daily reminder mechanical keyboards are a complete meme.
They are made for raging gaymers who play like this
youtu.be/im7Ts17CPjA?t=115
And need to feel the clicks™
For everyone else who is not bashing the keyboard like a ADHD madman; membranes are simply superior.
Gentler to the touch.
Faster to type on.
Cheaper.

for mechanical you are paying more to get a worse product.

Attached: mechanical-keyboard.png.jpg (551x232, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wDG0dKjL4PI
youtube.com/watch?v=7zyAsP3Zqpw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyswitch
typingclub.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You aren't far off for new manufacturing. But model m clitmouse and retro mx brown boards are the only legitimate way to type if you do it more than infrequently

buckling spring is for REAL men.
back to /v/, zoomer

nope
>t. writing C on linearized black alps

It's another "Jow Forums having retarded contrarian opinions for absolutely no reason" episode...

yawn.

I type a lot and tried mechanical multiple times. Every time they feel like shit the keys need to travel a shit load of a distance and I feel like I'm getting instant curple tunnel syndrome using one.

Also I don't see how something that forces your fingers to travel further is supposed to help with typing.

Every time I ask the employed in the stores they say
>Well mechanical are not for typing
>They are for gamers
> Who need to feel the clicks
Their words not my.

For reference this is the keyboard I use
Logitech K120
youtube.com/watch?v=wDG0dKjL4PI

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 178K)

Explain what is so great about mechanical ones.
I tried them and every time the keys feel hard and you really need to a lot of work to press one down since it takes a long distance to register a click.

And this is a bad thing for typing.

>Well mechanical are not for typing
>They are for gamers
> Who need to feel the clicks

most retarded thing i've ever heard

Attached: 574.jpg (220x200, 12K)

>you really need to a lot of work to press one down
Jesus, how weak are your fingers?

Better review
youtube.com/watch?v=7zyAsP3Zqpw

The real question is why are still using mechanical shit and not membrane who is super light and easy to press.

>bottoming out
Learn to touch type. Most switches only need 2mm of travel

>Most switches only need 2mm of travel
On every single one I tried it feels like it takes 7mm at the minimum and yes I tried them.

Did you ever use a good membrane keyboard?
Like seriously in your life?

yes. the microsoft sidewinder. it's decent. but my mechanical is way better.

>microsoft sidewinder
Did you ever try the K120?

>but my mechanical is way better.
How explain this to me.

Because they are objectively superior.

Either you are an idiot, or just making shit up. Mechanical keyswitches are made for typists. They provide a more consistent experience than any membrane keyboard could provide. Actuation force, key travel to activation, and key travel to bottoming out are tightly controlled. Many gaymers don't use tactile switches either, they use linear ones with no clicking.

Also
>trusting the literal retards at best buy

Not him but I was using Logitech K120 before switching to mechanical. After trying a mechanical, I can't go back to membrane anymore. Even the K120 seems mushy now. If you don't like the usual mechanical keyboards, I suggest you try a low-profile one.

Stop lying on the internet.

>Because they are objectively superior.
Meaningless buzzwords and assertion of superiority.

>They provide a more consistent experience
What is this even supposed to mean?
The keys can be constantly hard to press this is a bad thing.

I see you are ignoring my complaints about hard to press keys. Why? Do you know they feel like rocks and are uncomfortable and are promoting them to get "a more consistent experience " ?

>>trusting the literal retards at best buy
Lets show this, I try mechanical keyboards they have, using them feels like shit and hard keypresses literally unacceptable.
Ask the people selling them they say its for gamers to feel the key and the hardness is for a gamers not to make a mistake while gaming or accidentally pressed the wrong key while gaming.
i know how it felt while using it and this description fits the facts.

>mushy now.
What is this even supposed to mean?
And how is this a bad thing?

>Ask the people selling them they say its for gamers to feel the key and the hardness is for a gamers not to make a mistake while gaming or accidentally pressed the wrong key while gaming.
>i know how it felt while using it and this description fits the facts.
nope. gaymers use linear switches. typists use blue or brown.

>Stop lying on the internet.
Everyone can see even on the pictures that all mechanical keyboards have keys that stick out extremely out of the base and you actually need to press them all the while way down to make them register, and they feel hard like rocks.
I know this because I tried using one.

Attached: 2018-06-28-image-14.jpg (1100x734, 117K)

feels like typing on a sponge.

>typists use blue or brown.
Its not that I got burned after 1 try I tried them from time to time and all of the ones I tried are terrible for typing.
So what keyboards do I need to look for?

i like the k120

unironically

Never felt the problem this sounds extremely close to the conclusion that you have some touche autism and don't want the keys to feel "like a sponge" or need a " more consistent experience ".

What I want from a keyboard is fast typing that feels good.
Keys reacting to my presses with minimal force and needing the least travel distance look like the best solution.

>mechanical switches
>need to press them all the while way down to make them register
Seriously, stop lying on the internet.

>I see you are ignoring my complaints about hard to press keys
Maybe you got a shitty switch. My cherry browns are lighter than cheap shit membrane.

>Seriously, stop lying on the internet.
I tried it this is how I know.

So on a different subject:
Why do they have such ungodly raised profiles for every key even on the pictures?

So what models do I look for?
>cherry browns
I did hear they are the best (AKA not for raging man-children gayms) are the other ones bad?

going slightly off topic
am i the only 30 year old boomer who NEVER learned to type in any other way than with the one finger?

Who cares, its your choice.

>What is this even suppose to mean
Can you read? Tighter manufacturing tolerances on key force and travel. These are good because you know how hard to press and how far

>why are you ignoring my complaints about hard to press keys
If you are so weak that 45 grams is too much for your dainty fingers, then go ahead and use your membrane keyboards. I couldn't tell you how much force is used to actuate a key on a membrane switch because they vary between keyboards and even between keys on the same board

shill me a decent backlit wireless tkl membrane keyboard.

Really I don't have any preference over my cherry brown and membrane keyboard. Probably should try topre too.

They don't have a raised profile. They just removed the lip around the edge that most keyboards have

Well, blue need more actuation force than browns, and without clicky sound. Tactile feedback is very subtle though. Might even try cherry red if you like to bottom out.

Mx Clear does that job

If OP complain about heavy key press then MX clear is no good.

Blue with o-rings then

Still heavier than mx brown.

meant to quote

logitech k120 isn't even a good rubber dome compared to what there used to be. memechanicals killed mid range rubber domes

>drinking the kool aid this hard

Membrane activation distance is unrivaled, consistency is a matter of good manufacturing if the board you buy isn’t a piece of shit.

The rest is just ergonomics, mechanical or not you can get a keyboard thats shape fits your desires

Membrane is comfy, low force/distance activation, usually has smaller keycaps, weighs less, harder to break/more resistant to liquid damage, cheaper, consistent and high quality at price range >$30

Mech fags are retarded, you are paying more for a downgrade

Lights are for children

Attached: Sn3xfay.png (688x1434, 112K)

>keyswitches
id just like to interject for a moment, what you are referring to switches are actually buttons.
they only stay active while they are held down and you have to keep them held down or they will go back into the off position.

No.
You're a meme.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyswitch
>A keyswitch is a type of small switch used for keys on keyboards.
In this context, keyswitch is the proper term

its still not a switch despite alot of people calling it that.

>1,5mm is a huge distance
A little more than my laptop. Feels a lot better.
G413 owner.

Let's look at this multimillionaire best-selling author...Oh, would you look at that! He uses a generic keyboard.

Attached: 1539591021184.jpg (616x456, 43K)

You are right. It's not a switch. It's a keyswitch

keyswitch wouldnt be correct either though. the most accurate would be to just call it a key or a button.

Words can mean different things in different contexts. In the context of keyboards, keyswitch is the correct term. In other contexts, a switch would be as you described earlier

There hasn't been a single mechanical keyboard for me that hasn't started to take some inputs as double within a year or two and with cleaning the switch not helping.

What's the fucking point of getting one if they're starting to break apart as fast as any cheapo piece of plastic while costing five times as much?

well you could just take all the screws out and open it up and desoulder the current button thats causing a problem and soulder in a new one.

An average consumer isn't going to be comfortabble with having to resort to soldering in order to maintain their product.

>An average consumer
I don't want normalfags using mechanical keyboards though so that works for me.

>comfortabble
Speaking of double inputs. Fuck. This is my third mechanical keyboard.

its better than buying a whole new keyboard when you could replace the dysfunctional part for 50 cents you lazy faggot.

>wireless
Wireless is Shit.
>backlit
Laugh at him.

Attached: 33e.jpg (600x448, 37K)

This.
Mechanical keyboards are a shit and obsolete technology that everyone abandoned in the 80s only some die hard retards with nostalgia used them.
These faggots shitposted their love for mechanical until companies realized there is a big population of retards who will buy this mechanical shit.
And this is how we got the RGB Mechanical keyboards of today for a extreme price.

>keyswitches
Holy shit you are right switches stay in their position while buttons don't.
I think I start looking more how retarded others are with names.

In other news did you know there is a astronomical difference between battery and accumulator? Hint Batteries can not be recharged while accumulators can. You don't have batteries in your phone user.

Why don't you plug in a membrane they live forever.
Costs next to nothing.

But I like it when my keyboard feels like a fidget device, it feels satisfying and addicting, I prob end up typing more because of how much I enjoy typing on this.

Placebo the keyboard edition.

>Mech fags are retarded
Shit
Mech fags say

>There is no neat sound. I am never sure if I've typed a letter or not because the keys are so touchy and don't seem to depress all that far.
Oh no if I don't hear the sound I don't know if I did press a key.
>my other guess is that you are likely not a semi-pro competitive gamer, there are several advantages to the click in gaming, it's generally a bit easier to have precision accuracy when e.g. creeping up to a ledge you might fall off of, or when you want to be absolutely sure that you've pressed the key to trigger the skill you want to trigger
>the resistance is part of the appeal for some - same reason lots of people desire a weighted action electric piano instead of flimsey plastic keys, especially for fast typists, the extra weight is an advantage and prevents accidental miskeys and prevents accidentally getting two keystrokes backwards when typing fast

So mechanical are for gaming, hard as rocks for idiots that hit the keybord like they having a seizure and like the finger breaking hardness or sound.
So for complete idiots or autists.

well if you're gonna buy shitty $50 mechanical keyboards by chintzy gaming companies with arr gee bee being the main selling point, of course you're getting shit.

I had been given the exact same piece of shit keyboard at work.
That disgustingly soft keys with no bump are fucking horrible.
I don't know how anybody can type on that thing.

Can't believe this logitech K120 shill is still on this forum. He posts here EVERY day.

Just fucking get on with your life LMAO.

I tried mechanicals they weren't to my tastes either so im now on a rubber dome. I even enjoyed typing on my thinkpad more than mechanical keyboards.. it's not for me.

Who fucking cares? no one. Go do some work you absolute loser.

thanks, I was trying to think of a good metaphor and couldn't come up with anything, but that perfectly explains it.

Real question is, there is any mouses with keyboard switches?

The small bump when the key actually is pressed is a nice feedback any membrane keyboard lacks, and believe me or not in daily use it's a completely different experience, that little knowing by touch, for sure, that the key was pressed.

imagine caring about what keyboard other people use

>I try mechanical keyboards they have, using them feels like shit and hard keypresses literally unacceptable
How weak are your hands? maybe you should think about training a little if a keyboard is so hard it's unacceptable
LMAOing at your weak baby hands.

It's never too late to get at least decent at using all your fingers.
typingclub.com/ is pretty nice

I went from a Microsoft sidewinder to a Ducky Shine 3, and while I could type a lot faster on the sidewinder I prefer to type on the ducky because you need to be more deliberate to strike a key. In gaymes I like to hold a key on tge edge of actuation so I can click it faster, so the mechanical keyboards allow me to not accidentally press keys like sensitive rubber dome

>you actually need to press them all the while way down to make them register

Attached: jord.gif (480x358, 1.16M)

(You)

comfy

Attached: IBM_Model_M.png (1350x565, 973K)

its funny because it's actually true

>membrane fags

but I need to see the keys when I watch grown up movies in the dark, user

>model m
>membrane

Attached: 71aa38d16fb5ed2383e1435e6415ecbdc90dc805187f64a55818908dc24a1647.jpg (250x239, 11K)

If only they made a version of the K120 with a backlight.

Rubber dome keyboards are absolute shitters.i have worked a lot with them and they seriously piss me off. It hurts to type on them after a while. Fuck whoever is defending this trash

>Daily reminder mechanical keyboards are a complete meme.
All keyboards before the mid 90s were mechanical (besides ones there considered extreme crap like the rubber keys on the original ZX Spectrum models) and membrane only became more prevalent because manufacturers of cheap IBM compatibles wanted to cut corners.

This retards have no clue what the fuck they are saying.