G Tiers

Thoughts?

Attached: g tiers.png (1580x2238, 3.06M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darknet#/media/File:Deepweb_graphical_representation.svg
translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://w2k.flxsrv.org/&prev=search
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

99% of current Jow Forums belongs in the highest tier.

Macos 10 is my favorite os in the current year.

worth a save

I'm using OpenIndiana and Solaris. Also, add a whole new section for IRIX.

Attached: 1542687647877.gif (236x420, 71K)

this is actually pretty accurate. Missing a 'gaymer' teir with AMD vs Intel faggotry and GPU autism in between 1st and 2nd though.

As someone who used both Fedora and best Windows :^), I think they are on the same level.

>IRIX
Just put your fav Unix at the same level as Solaris.
Pic just 4u

Attached: g tiers.png (1580x2238, 3.08M)

IRIX can't be emulated and only runs on obscure and failing hardware that's difficult to find parts for. It hasn't had official software support for like a decade and there's very little modern(ish) software available.

It's nothing like Solaris. It deserves it's own level.

>that shitty "dolphin barely above the sea level" temple
trash without reading it already

It's just random Linux stuff with a few Windows OSs there.
Gentoo isn't harder to use than Arch

Windows 7 isn't "big brained"
Temple OS is a cheap parlor trick and totally unusable

Also
>No Vim

2/10

>win 7 ultimate iso
>product key
What
>win 8.1
>where are the games?
You mean the shit MS Studios games that are 10 only?

It's a Beluga Whale, genius. I detect glowing.
I have a feeling that SGI ported IRIX to x86 at one point. but I can't find proof rn. If IRIX can only run on obscure hardware, then stick it between enlightened and fallen.
>Arch is at the same level as Gentoo
t. butthurt ricer
>All windows and Linux stuff
t. no reading comprehension
This is not an expanding brain meme and pirating for new installs puts it at "that weird guy" lurk moar/10. Vim is a good text editor and it does not try to anything more. I

Your macro is dildos. Lurk more.

>what is this Win7 and product key meme
A lot of Jow Forums men who have 7 seem to pirate it. Putting 8.1 a level below 10 is just convenient since hardly anyone uses it but it's still pretty modern.

? I just use Vim proper. Chill, newfag.

I think you are missing the meme. I'll spoonfeed you. Emacs is not only a text editor - it's also a file browser and webpage viewer and RMS knows what else. It's sorta a meme to compare it to a fully functional OS since it can do so much.

it's missing libreboot at the bottom

I use Slackware. Slackware is nice and comfy.

I really want to use Plan 9 but I know that I am too brainlet for it...

Oh dang I missed Slackware. No native dep resolution is p hardcore.

Attached: g tiers v3.png (1580x2238, 3.07M)

>glibc is bloat
topkek

Attached: g tiers v4.png (1580x2238, 3.08M)

Tfw both openBSD and GPL is communism

The BSDs have permissive licenses, letting anyone do whatever they want to the code and not be required to return any modifications upstream. BSD peeps don't give a fuck.

GNU/Linux is largely GPL'd and so any mods must be shared.

Attached: 1542734501786.png (901x859, 924K)

This but unironically
All those iceberg memes come from literal tech illiterate normies that can't understand operating systems

where's multics

Iceberg memes are now on Wikipedia. It's shameful.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darknet#/media/File:Deepweb_graphical_representation.svg

Attached: 1052px-Deepweb_graphical_representation.svg.png (1052x744, 86K)

>Anonymous
We darkweb now

I thought the meme was that you get more miserable as you travel downwards.
Dead in the water.

*Anomymous

newfag

kek, didn't even notice that.

HAHAHAH

WOW OP

THIS IS TOTALLY COOL! IT'S LIKE YOU ARRANGED EVERYTHING PERFECTLY!

Attached: http___i.huffpost.com_gen_1360983_images_n-YOU-RETARD-COKE-628x314[1].jpg (630x315, 36K)

I was at some PhD presentation about automating the search for tor nodes and that nigga had the iceberg meme on the 2nd slide, I had to get out before I laughed my ass off

no u

ty i try

based
arch is a meme

He's mocking you.

shame :^)

fun fact, this the iceberg that hit titanic

You forgot glorious windows XP

Attached: 519909-bigthumbnail.jpg (450x281, 83K)

Are you Femanon?

Recognizing Windows Swiss Cheese.
Male (male)

Attached: g tiers v5.png (1580x2238, 3.08M)

>Male (male)
kek but why did you change your name?

Had to so I don't namefag in other breds

Good recognize the only windows ever worth using. I'm proud of you user.

Attached: fb5qZnX.gif (720x404, 775K)

What's the architecture of yours? I know that you can find x86_64 and a volume license key to activate it online. It'd be handy if you want to use more than 4 GiB of RAM.

I am simultaneously at the top and at the bottom.

Where's Artix?

Where's GUIX SD
Where's the version of Windows 2000 that's being updated by some Japanese guy to have modern support in current year? translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://w2k.flxsrv.org/&prev=search

>Guix
FSF approved*
>Nijon Windows 2000
Sounds hella obscure and it's hard to rate it. I'm assuming only a handful of people heard of it, and fewer use it unironically.
>Arch with OpenRC
Probably at the same tier as Void. You can't realistically include every little-known OS, so I just went with the biggest memes.

im gay

no u

Best windows is xp. Win7 have already turnt into a botnet.
Debian has stable which is more stable than windows,
Testing, which is 2-3 weeks old packages
And sid which is bleeding edge.
I don't see any correlation with botnet 7 nor with pootering beta testing rhel.

>Best windows is xp
ur mom is the best. Also, if you still use xp, you deserve russians and chinese assrapes.

Ease of use and installation. Bloated. Systemd is mandatory. If you want to use Debian and be a tier above Windows, do a debootstrap and switch off recommended packages.

Windows 7 is closing in on it's EOL and there are worst Windows versions desu.

guilty, skipped stages 0,1,3 and slowly getting to phase 7

What exactly is meant by "Pure UNIX pipes" ?

I personally mainly use OpenBSD for its simplicity and single-minded focus on security. I got 8.1 and Android on other devices.
Meme. One of the basic concepts of UNIX design is text stream redirection. Imagine an OS that's only files and text streams - it'd substitute things like Dbus, which is used for inter-application communication.

I was old enough to use xp back in 2001.... When you weren't even born.
I see that you have trouble create a simple argument, by reading yourb/g buzzwords.
Debian is the strickest distro on linking, thus you get the minimum of repeated libraries in your system.
I don't think that any distro, besides ubuntu-tier ones, can be compared with windows.
Debian's default config is oss drivers, oss firmware(if available) non-free s/w is off by default and contributed packages are also off by default?
Where's the windows-like ease of use, installation and h/w configuration that's compared to windows? A strictly oss default installation is considered bloat?
Please guise, go back to your screenfetch threads.

Where would Windows 7 fit in this? [not ultimate] since so many people still use it at home and at work?

I know for a fact Debian has "unofficial" iso mirrors that include proprietary firmware built within the images.

Debian aims to be a "universal" OS and so it naturally is going to make compromises to target the largest demographic possible.

These so-called buzzwords are just simple facts I can easily list off why Windows 7 and Debian might as well be thrown together. Stop being a tryhard faggot and do what I recommended if you think you are so "superior."

>anomymous

Attached: 1526119003253.png (336x336, 114K)

Windows Ultimate is frequently torrented here by nostalgia-friends - the other variants might fit with the tier above but honestly its not worth revising the chart to take that technicality into consideration. The Windows 7 thing was mostly meant as a joke.

I went from the bottom all the way back up to the top.

Attached: andou.png (1280x720, 555K)

Care to share from what and to? Why?

lfs to macos
just because i guess, i just watch anime so it never really mattered to me

Attached: kantai_collection.jpg (1750x3000, 1.47M)

OK, Somebody mentioned it, and I'm very glad they did.

I have known two Unix experts in my life. Both went from years of intermediate/hard distros to using Windows or Mac. In both cases they said it was because they had just had enough and all operating systems were crap.

As long as you are /comfy/ it's good.

>Gentoo Prefix has a higher neckbeard ranking than Gentoo
It's literally an auto installer for a contained Gentoo environment on almost any UNIX-like system.

Yeah, it offers a lot of flexibility like Bedrock. There's also manual instructions needed to set it up for other platforms. I think it's cool since it's sorta experimental and you get choices between installing binaries or compiling.

>I was old enough to use xp back in 2001.... When you weren't even born.
So was I; I'm 26. stfu retard. Off the top of your head, tell me why xp was better than the previous versions of wangblows?

I also want to expand upon that previous point by saying that you can theoretically use any UNIX-like OS and bootstrap Portage - so it requires some bravery and a little know-how. It does offer the best of both worlds if you can't stand compiling every single thing.

It's sorta like FreeBSD's binary pkg and portmaster framework.

Literally install Gentoo and use ROOT=/some/directory/ emerge package
Gentoo Project: Prefix itself does not offer binaries. You will get binaries from the host OS if it has a binary package manager. Generally, Prefix is a hack for getting a good user-level package manager if you're on a machine where you don't have root access and the system administrator is a dick/cuck/fagget who won't provide you with the software you wanna use, to the point where literally bootstrapping an entire Gentoo install with just user permissions is easier than arguing with him. The alternative reason for using it is if you wanna be a macfag but also have a package manager that isn't shit like brew. Not sure what you're on about as a whole.
>a little bravery
???
It's installed in a seperate fucking directory, at most the Prefix environment will shit itself, then you rm -rf ~/prefix and run bootstrap-prefix.sh again.

>I have a feeling that SGI ported IRIX to x86 at one point. but I can't find proof rn. If IRIX can only run on obscure hardware, then stick it between enlightened and fallen.
There are IRC chats out there between some guy and an ex SGI engineer who confirmed that there was a working x86 port of IRIX, which was later abandoned for an Itanium port which was fairly complete but that was also abandoned and never released. Neither the x86 nor the IA64 ports were ever leaked.

Attached: 3409663657_74a298ec82_b.jpg (1024x681, 164K)

I really hate that word
Sort of

Attached: Andou_long_hair.jpg (2732x2048, 324K)

I know what Gentoo Prefix is and I meant that it creates a situation where you have the choice to build from source code or install from the OS' repos.

I consider it to require bravery since it goes off the beaten path and receives less attention - it's also not guaranteed to bootstrap. For example, the shell script complained that I had no compiler when in fact I installed Clang; I even tried to type out the absolute path to the binary for it to recognize it. It only supports GCC it seems. I also tried to build the stages on a partition mounted with noexec, which was sorta my fault in hindsight but it still needed me to intervene and troubleshoot the error with no assistance.

Gentoo - the distro - has more support, which has limited applicability to a prefixed system compared to a proper Gentoo install.

Attached: 1542742472091.png (1580x2612, 3.19M)

What's your point?

Attached: it's time.jpg (1580x2612, 877K)

I think the one at the very bottom is meant to be Ted

unaboomer

Ted is way better than any of the fucking retarded 30 year old boomers why did you do this

>Can't see Windows XP

There are revisions further down in the thread.

>Need to add retard tier
Nice

Attached: 1536435478052.jpg (286x327, 17K)

Can anyone here translates autism?

This Yui with a borger is correct. Windows XP is peak Windows.

Attached: 1529631389078.png (933x1079, 1.29M)

If you want to be realistic there should be two new tiers . 2nd to last being using Windows 10th and mac. Last being not using a computer

>tfw macos and devuan
Now what?

Attached: [Doki] New Game! - 02 (1280x720 h264 AAC) [109CA62D].mkv_snapshot_11.05_[2016.07.13_19.31.15].jpg (1280x720, 69K)

The autism is real.

The reddit is real.

>reddit
>you ironically have a reddit account
no u

>

Memes galore. Glad we could get a fresh chart going.

Attached: g tiers v6.png (1580x2612, 3.73M)

>Temple OS is a cheap parlor trick and totally unusable
GTFO

Ted wouldn't stoop to even meme tech