Why there are no phones with upgradable RAM? CPUs are fast enough today. RAM is the limiting factor in phones

Why there are no phones with upgradable RAM? CPUs are fast enough today. RAM is the limiting factor in phones.

Attached: kTYRJEG_d.jpg (640x359, 37K)

Size constraints.
Next question

the average normie would throw their phones away before upgrading it

Because that would decrease the profits of mobile phone manufacturers

Remember project Apu, Ara, or whatever, with modular phones? Phones evolved too fast to care about upgradeability, 10 years and now they went from 256 MB RAM to competing with desktops. If they were to evolve as slow as IBM PCs, maybe we would get something like that.

>RAM is the limiting factor in phones
No, shitty code is the limiting factor in phones.

You serious? Put it under the battery.

Attached: 20181120_184938.jpg (2172x1533, 1.77M)

But I buy 1 phone every 6 years. What profits?

>uses botnet for 6+ years
>what profits?
user...

>Put the 2nd most heat generating element under the most heat sensitive part of the phone
Nevermind that most phones don't even have removable batteries, you're just asking for a literal burner phone

You can just resolder a new RAM chip.

based and redpilled

Phone CPUs still suck, and there's no space for removable memory without making the chassis a lot bigger

But they can save millions by using existing DD2/3 Sodimm sticks.

>RAM is the limiting factor in phones.

If you made the mistake to buy iPoo

No, those are incompatible with modern architecture, and also not power efficient.

Can you? I doubt the phone will be able to address it, even when everything else is fine.

Nah m8. The limiting factor is slow storage. RAM would help, but only because it would allow caching and less reading.

Large apps now store data compressed, not to save space but because it's faster to decompress that to read more data.

>I need 16gb of RAM on my phone to run the latest version of lagdroid--latest version my phone supports anyway
poojeets will defend this

Truuuu Apple just runs fine on 3GB with iOS 12

>OP has never been in a sterile env. where pcbs are manufactured and chips are soldered onto boards.

It's not a fucking conspiracy you idiot - it's cheaper for manufacturers to have pcbs dyed and cut in 1 piece then solder chips onto them than make them adaptable and modular.

Also planned obsolescence - what's the point to the manufacturer of making something that can be "upgraded" when they can just make something you throw away to buy a shiny new one?

OP has primary school level understanding of manufacturing process and economics. And I'm being kind here.

Attached: YUMM01-003.jpg (1200x675, 102K)