High throughput micro computers

Are you aware of any sensible solutions that can handle high throughputs of data, be small and can be powered with relatively low voltages?
I did some research, but most of those microcomputers are like RPi, 30mbit USB for everything...
Tere's no chance for example of hooking up some cameras, doing mixing or serious routing traffic.
There are intel NUCs. which heat a lot and are pretty power hungry.
I remember couple years ago stuff like nvidia Tegra, however that chipset is mainly for speciallized embed sollution, not of the shelf one.
Am i missing something or this segment in SOHO, doesn't exist simply?

Attached: asustinker01-640x640.jpg (640x427, 81K)

Throughput as in actual processing or just routing?

>be small and can be powered with relatively low voltages?
Are you willing to pay a lot extra for just this?
if not, just get any old x86 box

Dunno, how much throughput do you need?

You could get a SBC with a dedicated ethernet controller, there are a few.
You could get a NUC and put a PCIe ethernet controller on the m.2/mpcie slot
You could get a mITX board and put an infiniband or some other fiber network card in the pcie slot

Well, lack of one excludes the other one.
example 1.: RPi has decent encoding capabilities and can mix video pretty well, however attaching couple USB modems kills its hub in terms of throughput.
example 2, cheap intel nucs with celeron are shit at encodign data whilst having devent usb 3.0 and interanlal bus.

Im lookign for something compact, so can shove it inside my backup with battery packs, for like 6 hours of operation. That's why old x86 boxes arent a good solution for this.

I'd like something around 80Mbit of outgoing traffic thru USB NICs and maybe ETH NIC.
Encode fullHD or at least HD video with bitrate of around 8mbit/s.

>You could get a NUC and put a PCIe ethernet controller on the m.2/mpcie slot
That's actually some legit idea, prblem with nucs is their shitty celeron/atom.

>You could get a mITX board and put an infiniband or some other fiber network card in the pcie slot
That's a bit too much:)

It sounds like your project needs a different design. Ask about your goal first rather than a subgoal to achieve a stupid midpoint.

I've just stumbled upon this crap: ODROID-H2
Looks like if the price is right it might be the final solution for my problem.
Might be enough for 720p

As i said, aquisition, mixing and encoding of video signal (thru USB3.0) then sendign it vie LTE modems.
This can be achieved in many ways, but i am looking for a cost effective solution

Don't sent it via LTE.

What other choice i have without cable connection - out in the open air?

How small of voltages are we talking? Ryzen embedded is pretty neat, availability still not there for non bulk.

20V seems like the most that you can sensibly get with LiPo packs.

Seems like i have found the solution.
Fanless mini PCs for industrial use from china.
They are available in a very wide range of CPUs, often have many USB 3.0 ports and other perks and are pretty cheap, under 180 USD.
What is suspicious, they are very popular on aliexpress and such but not on normal western sites.

You can get embedded boxes on Mouser.

Attached: mouser_0.jpg (425x155, 37K)

>2w broadcom in rpi is better than 10w intel celerons at encoding

I don't habeeb it, you're using some unoptimized software

I'll just use this thread instead of creating a new one. Can anyone recommend a computer with NTSC Composite Video output? I'm looking to game on my old CRT as well as watch some old school animu and TV.

The Raspberry Pi is an obvious choice but I was wondering if there was anything beefier. Maybe even capable of PS2 emulation. Or do they still make Video Cards with S-Video out?

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 7K)

Convenient solution is to stream the video from your battlestation to the rpi.

What the fuck are you doing with this OP?

So you are looking for a laptop then.

I'm am already using one, that's why i want to move to something lighter...

A cluster of pis should solve your hub problem no?

disassemble it

break it, fix it,

Buy a laptop.

UDOO x86? maybe the bolt whenever that comes out

>UDOO x86
seems expensiv,e i already ordered couple different single boards from china, under $100 usd each.
We will see how good or bad are they.

You sound like that fag that strapped a phone to his head connected to a Pi.

shhh... don't let them know you can get decent servers with built in backup power supplies for