Audiophile thread

Attached: audiophiles_13.jpg (700x501, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XJJy6VJvSCk
youtu.be/Sxg-AaY8UDs
youtu.be/nvu6TwCQZWs
youtu.be/uKWm9926NMU
youtu.be/5UCybmFGz1Q
vimeo.com/115987582
youtu.be/6yC2DzaSi6s
youtu.be/ZIK_xHLo9mc
youtu.be/V4woQ77fR9Y
youtu.be/rwV1VPMC-fI
youtu.be/Jbc2q_27jhI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: audiophiles_04.jpg (700x467, 65K)

THICC

Attached: audiophiles_15.jpg (700x478, 73K)

what's going on here

I'll tell you later

Some would say autism but I think it's good old schizophrenia.

insulating wire to reduce artifacts

Attached: 1542753118045.jpg (1009x656, 92K)

Hissss hissssd

Are monster cables any good for audio and coax?

Audiophiles are mentally challenged.

Attached: image.jpg (530x530, 202K)

>tfw audio slugs to reduce my background noise

The cable makes all the difference. It feels like your ears have never been opened before. The sound is clear, warm, yet has all the highs. You can feel the music in ways that you cannot otherwise.

>protip: it is bullshit

I thought making them look like snakes was supposed to reduce hiss?

Reminder that audiophiles vote democrat

Attached: Audiophile compares cables.jpg (1203x945, 268K)

Attached: audiophiles_16.jpg (700x467, 65K)

Attached: Nylrsmj.jpg (1224x1632, 468K)

Attached: audiophiles_17.jpg (700x525, 45K)

What's the point of all that shit if the last foot or so is just like a normal cable? What, in their minds, do they think it achieves?

Attached: audiophiles_03.jpg (700x525, 68K)

i run my audio cable right next to the power cable
fite me

That's a good damn fire hazard.

>resistance is highest at connections
>add several connections to connect your dumb-ass copper slug
this is just beyond retarded. I bet my wires are objectively superior and it's just banana plugs soldered to 2.5 mm2 stranded pure copper wire.

Audiophiles are basically living evidence that you can be addicted to placebo. I doubt even they know what these things are supposed to achieve. Usually it's marketed as having better shielding or some shit, or isolating signals, but they don't really care. They are literally chasing some nonexistent high of having the absolute best or purest or whatever-the-fuck sound at any cost, much like a crack-head chases that first, super-intense high.

Except higher-quality crack actually usually exists.

design

Attached: sub cad example.png (1201x808, 252K)

Not any better than cheaper cables. Really just get something made out of a decently conductive material like copper and you'll be fine.

in room with 15 deg off listening position, no idea where the on axis is... basically that, but flatish to 21khz

Attached: AszChVe.png (2000x1169, 194K)

12 awg oxygen free copper is where its at. you can get cheap rolls on monoprice.

even big subs used at events use speakon cables, which internally are 2 pairs of 12ga wire... so at most a sub will be a dual voice coil with 12ga on each coil. (its what i use on my 18", see pics above)

Why not use shorter wires?

Aren't those cable raisers retarded expensive?

youtube.com/watch?v=XJJy6VJvSCk

because the cable length envelopes the sound to its maximum after a minimum distance achieved

Don't the naked contacts generate more noise than you could possibly hope to reduce with your python?

I use onboard sound with no DAP and my cables are on the floor and all tangled together in a mess with my computer power and everything else.

no, why would you even think that. terminals can never be prone to EMS as much as cables do because cables actually need isolation. but not so you can short yourself everytime to the amp but to make your sound more pure

Can these audiocuck boomers even hear the frequencies they invest thousands of bucks into?

Attached: 1492298786030.jpg (700x525, 61K)

Attached: DoUWsagVAAAr0fF.jpg (624x1200, 101K)

Attached: DoUWtbnUYAAKi5t.jpg (553x714, 55K)

wtf is even in that bundle
>unironically wearing tims

art.
and they are ironic

does anyone have the comic and the picture of the speakers that look like enlarged saxophones

Nope.

Partly because their hearing has degraded so much with old age and abuse, but mostly because there's absolutely no audible difference.

Can the human ear actually hear the difference or are audiophiles just retarded?

It's obviously a joke
>random headphones in there

Yeah, just go and plug that into a home outlet.

Was invited to some birthday and there was an older guy who eventually got on a rant about the pleasures of being an audiophile and how much he spent on his stereo or whatever. Asked at some point if getting awesome headphones wouldn't be cheaper but better as well and he went like .... uhm, ah... I-I just like to bath in the sound.

I want to see a documentary showing the everyday lives of audiophiles. Everything EXCEPT the sound related parts. I want to see them go to the barber, return something at a store, deal with bad traffic, eat a meal in a restaurant, etc.

Attached: 1519811972396.jpg (643x480, 46K)

This thread makes me think of snakes after a big meal

Attached: i.jpg (680x414, 184K)

Attached: 1471902790009.jpg (692x555, 41K)

Someone call Louis Theroux. Call it, Twilight of the Audiophiles.

That depends on devices compared.
Between $2 headphones that you get with your $100 Chinese phone and proper $80-200 ones? Definitely — been there, done that.
Between $200 and $1000 high-end headphones? There is, but not as big in example above, not even close.
Now, is there any audible difference between $2500 and $5000 cable? No way in hell.

All that insulation will never get rid of that EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: f60.jpg (250x249, 6K)

>_13
>_04
>_15

Post the whole thing already, faggot.

Attached: wangblows blown.png (787x830, 680K)

I get that but then I'm more like actually refering to the frequenzy range of the human ear. I'd reckon anything beyond 192 kbit is bullshit and it doesn't matter if you use $1 headphones or $10,000. At what level to they even record songs at, let alone what's the quality of the stuff they actually distribute. Vinyl doesn't have that quality sure as fuck so why hook up like $100,000 speakers to a glorified gramophone?

Is audiophile the most autistic hobby ever?

I really would like to do double blind studies on audiophiles to see if they actually hear a difference. Put a sack over their heads and roll them into a room where they can see the set up and play music to them.

ham radio is pretty high on the list too. Like most of those people don't build or experiment with anything, it's just about buying most expensive stuff.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

No, there's boomers who collect coins, caps, postal stamps....

Attached: not_really.jpg (578x720, 71K)

The yamaha nx-n500 are on special for $500 aud right now. I currently hace a set of hs8 but was considering these for my bedroom rather than my studio (or even my tv). Reckon its worth the price? A pair of hs5 would be $460 aud or so here, and $600 aud for the hs7

What can you actually do with a ham radio besides voice chat and listening to numbers stations?

If stray capacitance is a problem with your low-voltage cables I'd be worried about the conductivity of your floor more than the quality of your audio.

Attached: stray_capacitance.jpg (1120x980, 189K)

I collect coins (old silver and gold ones, pre-1800) pretty non-autistically. They're nice and tend to only gain value.

>spend 10000 on cables
>listen to youtube rips of house music

If these idiots really wanted clean AC they'd have AC-to-flywheel-to-AC converters or AC-DC-AC converters. Weird cables don't make any difference.

Why do my speakers make a slight hiss? The tweeter has a high pitch hiss and the woofer a lower one. It happens without any input so id assume its something to do with the power or grounding? Even when just ones plugged in directly to the wall

I'd be worried about the general electro-magnetic interference. The best thing would be to build your living room in an actual faraday cage with a little faraday cage insight housing the stereo.

>things nobody does

R8 my audiophile setup.
The earbuds are samsungs from my previous phone, they're very crisp and have no buzzing.

Attached: 20181121.jpg (3264x2448, 1.62M)

i want to give you aids

Prepare for the EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Youtube plays just fine, no EEEEE here.

Oh don't worry, you'll get it, and it'll be in hardware you cannot fix or replace.

Audiophiles have the same brain structure you do. You are susceptible to the same manipulative practices and you fall for them regularly without realizing it.

A documentary like
wants would be boring. It'd just be people going about their unremarkable lives, probably making mostly rational decisions. Audiophiles are wrong, but they aren't abnormal. That's the problem.
Science gives us the capacity for progress but not the guarantee. "Rational" audio holds little allure for most people because it's been stagnant for decades. Most products showing real progress just get shot down under suspicion of being manipulative, while actual manipulative shit offers people what your derision can't: a hobby and a sense of belonging.

You are gatekeeping for the audiophiles without you (or them) realizing it, and lazy companies reap the reward.

Attached: 05bbea6efb3d537e7fca895faba0e645.jpg (371x850, 91K)

WATCH OUT user, THERES AN AUSTRALIAN DOG SNAKE BEHIND YOU!!!

She looks like she'll be hot as fuck growing up. Of course she'll be more than accepted, nigger.

that looks really cool, what model is it? I'd love to learn more but tineye has failed me

>hot as fuck
i will disagree with you completely and not respect your opinion

i don't get it. why use raisers and also have a super generic ~200$ h/k subwoofer

You need to buy this $5000 amp/pre-amp/dac combo and these $2000 cables to get rid of that dude.

It's vibrations. What you need is something like a rubber mat ontop of a board that can absorb them. Alternatively you could drill a hole into your ceiling and hang the whole setup on one of those springs used for punching bags and hammrocks.

Is this actually a python thread in disguise?

Attached: pythonfeatnew.jpg (750x422, 106K)

Because electrons fall off on sharp corners, duh!

underrated

Attached: bython.png (1487x645, 43K)

>audio snakes to remove hissing

This.

Symptoms of brain damage thread

If this was the US he'd get shot dead after someone assumes he's carrying a bomb

Thinking about it maybe there should be like long curves and spins that function like a gentle yet natural movement that doesn't disturb the audio flow while artefacts get filtered out by the spinning action because of the less dense data packets.

>spins
>spinning
Yeah, but what about rotational velocidensity?

For these audiophiles who does not know the difference between lossless and lossy? Don't be surprised.

You do multiple spins in opposing directions to create opposing velocidensity that cancels itself out.

Icom IC-7850 50th anniversary edition

Those things have historical and cultural context, I don't mind people spending absurd amount on their audio equipment but I'm confident to say that 90% of them are musically pleb who listen to equipment and not the music.

That's a washing machine.

Looks interesting!
youtu.be/Sxg-AaY8UDs
I have no idea what this is:
youtu.be/nvu6TwCQZWs
These are sadly only in Swedish:
youtu.be/uKWm9926NMU
youtu.be/5UCybmFGz1Q
vimeo.com/115987582
Also, Sweden is the best Audiophile country
Use star-quad geometry cables for starters.
KYS
Grado, not even once

Back in the day, there was a video on YouTube called "Greek Audiophile" with interviews of Greek Audiophiles. Sadly I can't find the original video but I can find two extra parts from the video:
youtu.be/6yC2DzaSi6s
youtu.be/ZIK_xHLo9mc
youtu.be/V4woQ77fR9Y
youtu.be/rwV1VPMC-fI
youtu.be/Jbc2q_27jhI

Attached: venus_helbild.jpg (500x750, 116K)

So autism then, I bet none of those cunts can play an instrument.

makes sense. only niggers download music in flac instead of superior 96k mp3.