Anyone uses sleep-tech?

anyone uses sleep-tech?
i'm looking to buy something to let me wake up at the end of a sleep cycle, 6 or 7.5 hours of sleep.
30 minutes a day go a long way over decades of life.

Attached: axelsauerwaldlostones.jpg (1500x2275, 515K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sleepfoundation.org/sleep-news/how-sleep-deprivation-affects-your-heart
monographs.iarc.fr/monographs-and-supplements-available-online/
youtube.com/channel/UC-i2EBYXH6-GAglvuDIaufQ
academic.oup.com/jn/article/142/12/2091/4630725
theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/sep/24/why-lack-of-sleep-health-worst-enemy-matthew-walker-why-we-sleep
sleep.urbandroid.org/
sleepcycle.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

just wake up when you wake up you fucking retard

Your body regenerates in way it needs to. If sleep could be adjusted to be even more regenerative, your body would do so. Any interference that doesn't come from within that miracle that your body is, is potentially dangerous for your health.

And 30 minute sleep deprivation per day over a decade can lead to cardio vascular disease. Let your body get the sleep that it wants, if it needs less it will adjust accordingly
sleepfoundation.org/sleep-news/how-sleep-deprivation-affects-your-heart

I can only sleep once every 3 days, or so.

Enjoy your early death kid

to actually answer your question i've used a xiaomi mi band with sleep as android + mi band tools
it will use the heart rate monitor on the band to detect when you're coming in/out of sleep cycles and adjust your alarm accordingly (you can set it to make the mi band vibrate instead/as well).

i used to really struggle with waking up to an alarm, but that plus a light alarm has really helped me out.

What I can recommend to people is to buy a band to monitor your sleep and notice what routines help you sleep better. I have a Fitbit charge 2 band for this. This is my sleep today.

Attached: Screenshot_20181121-130255__01.jpg (2160x996, 201K)

idiots
why dont you buy something to put around your chest so you dont forget to breathe

While I still have done trouble staying awake very early in the morning, it is way better than before. I was struggling with insomnia the whole year. This is me back in August. I was awake every day in the middle of the night. It was hell.

Recognizing what routines help you sleep better can help people with sleep problems.

Attached: Screenshot_20181121-130153__01.jpg (2160x1003, 213K)

thats kinda cool that it can chart your REM/deepsleep. is there a non-botnet way of getting that info?

Probably you don't know it because you have not suffered it. But insomnia can cause have depression and even suicide thoughts. I didn't know it either, until it hit me. The body does not always know what is best for itself. Sometimes it can get thrown off, and it needs discipline to get back on track.

Please don't dismiss these problems, since they are a real burden to people that suffer them.

You can do the xiaomi band 2/3 with one of multiple 3rd party apps.

fucking EPIC
thanks

are you on meth

>30 minutes a day go a long way over decades of life
Can't really do it that way. You probably need to even *try* to sleep like 8h or as long as your body feels like, or you are very probably missing out on lifespan, health, cognitive ability and all sorts of things people studied WRT sleep.

If you haven't completely given up caffeine you have absolutely no ground to complain about your sleep

isn't half life of caffeine avg. 5.5hrs (minus meds and some liver affecting foods)? assuming you sleep 7.5hrs and drink max rec. daily coffee (400mg / 4cups) in morning, you'll only have ~50mg leftover by sleep.

not saying thats good, but for people who like ltheanine for anxiety reduction (active in tea) I think its important, coffee drinkers could make same argument about "much antioxidants" and such.

>Enjoy your early death kid
Family physician said that I'm tip top.
>are you on meth
I don't do drugs.

do you awake freely, without an alarm?
do you have at least the amount of sleep you need, always?
if not then you too.

people function on 6 hours of sleep in the army. it is possible. as you get older your body needs less sleep.
'hacking' your body with technology isn't so bad. if you're eating proccessed food it's worse for your body.
finally, I see no value in living beyond age 80 as life is today. you're not young, you don't have strength or vitality, you'll probably be sick. if by sleepuing 7.5 or 6 hours a day i'll be cutting away my life span, i'm perfectly happy with that.

>'hacking' your body with technology isn't so bad.
only if its not functional
there's no reason to force yourself to wake up
its bad for your health for one thing and it feels like shit

Not that guy, but another guy, who knows his shit.

That's an extremely shallow view of the situation, you take into account only pharmacokinetics of caffeine, but if you try to account for pharmacodynamics you run into some problems, i.e. "How long after caffeine cessation does it take for Adenosine receptors to downregulate back to normal/Dopamine receptors to upregulate back to normal?". Now the answer to those questions is subjective, but it could be anywhere between a few days to a couple of months.

As for "muh antioxidants" argument, last week i read the whole IARC monograph for coffee and hot beverages, and let me tell you, only women can see some benefits from caffeine, and that's marginal. For men it's usually on the bad side of the results (bladder cancer for example). But mostly coffee does not have neither positive nor negative effects when it comes to pro/antioxidant status.

L-theanine is valuable, but there's supplements for that...

Bottom line - don't drink coffee, best technology to get some quality sleep

wow, didn't expect an A+ response on g. thanks man I got more reading to do

you force yourself up with an alarm, most likely. most of us do.
I just hope to tune the alarm better so I don't start the day on my left leg.

also, when i wake up after a perfect sleep according to sleep cycles(I assume, since I slept for 6 hours and this happened before) you wake up full of energy, ready to study, work out, conquer the world.. it's a great feeling.

I'm just a biochemist who likes technology.

If you need any info on anything even remotely carcinogenic, this would be a great place to start researching
>monographs.iarc.fr/monographs-and-supplements-available-online/

For anything brain related, there are many youtube videos, like this channel for example
>youtube.com/channel/UC-i2EBYXH6-GAglvuDIaufQ

Stay smart my friend

>you force yourself up with an alarm
no I don't, I'm not a cuck

Why they all gotta be white huh?

It would just make me depressed

Theres no proof any supplement actual works. Goes for anything consuming it naturally is always better than a pill you piss out

you're fucking retarded if you really believe that. L-theanine is an amino acid, doesn't matter how you ingest it
academic.oup.com/jn/article/142/12/2091/4630725

does it offer to wake you up in the most appropriate time according to sleep cycles?

No, it is purely analysis. I think it is mostly thought for people who don't get enough sleep, instead of people who sleep too much

bump for good sleep

Just wake up at the same time every day and try to go to sleep at the same time every day.
Eventually you'll automatically wake up before your alarm just get up when that happens.
My current job doesn't allow me to do this but if you can it's a huge life improvement and you'll always feel good and ready for the day

have you considered going to bed earlier?

That sounds a bit gay.

>6 or 7.5 hours of sleep
it's 7 hours 15 minutes
just use your alarm clock before you go to sleep (ideally at same hour every day) and set to ring after 7 hours and 30-45 minutes

I use a Philips energy light to regulate my sleep and mood. Works extremely well.

Isn't circadian rhythm slightly offset from the clock? It's like 25 hours instead of 24, pretty sure I've read that somewhere.

BULLSHIT
body doesn't know what's the best for you, it's high on chems

Attached: 1501775883509.jpg (480x608, 126K)

This

yeah, just like your body doesnt know when you need food or water

If you take in account the people that get morbidly obesse due to depression, yeah, sometimes the body doesn't know what is best

everybody should read this article
theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/sep/24/why-lack-of-sleep-health-worst-enemy-matthew-walker-why-we-sleep

I used years ago when I was solo this
sleep.urbandroid.org/
with good feeling waking up,
but if you have a partner or a pet this is difficult

Use a HUE setup that simulates sunrise in the morning to help me get up. Amazing in the Winter. I don't even need an actual alarm anymore since the lights work so well as getting me up naturally.

>people that get morbidly obesse
>due to depression
pick one

Depression does not necessary mean being sad all the time. It can manifest as anger, gluttony or many other ways

>people that get morbidly obesse
>due to being little bitches
checks out imo

actually, body is dumb enough to confuse thirst with hunger. some people are eating instead when they should drink a glass of water.
look it up

You don't have to follow the rhythm when you are well rested you automatically wake up when you get enough sleep. The rhythm is a meme and you can can use melatonin to trick it to get your sleep started

Sleep with the curtains wide open, with as big a window as possible, facing east

You'll wake up at the right time naturally

Attached: 1537544048053.jpg (399x351, 67K)

So you're saying coffee screws with your sleep?
I won't argue with that, however coffee also allows to somewhat control my appetite when I'm fasting. What alternatives to coffee would you recommend for this purpose?

Its almost 9 pm lads I am off to bed see ya ..

Attached: 1506555394592.png (1323x1110, 774K)

Attached: 1537921523019.jpg (830x468, 22K)

i want to impregnate those idols

WTF how can gookmoot get advertising to fund 4channel if you keep doing this

>muh miracle
The human body is a trash fire. Maybe you're lucky and have one that sort of works, but most of us don't get that. Your advice is useless to people with sleep problems.

>yes, goyim, your body knows best... what's that, you have obesity? you must not have listened to your body, goy...

gonna try your shilled app, thanks

>anyone uses sleep-tech?

An alarm clock?

I've used Sleep Cycle for the past 7 years, it's good. sleepcycle.com

Have you tried prayer?

Jesus will save you user.