Legacy media files are compatible with macOS Mojave, but they won't be with future macOS releases...

support.apple.com/en-us/HT209000

>Legacy media files are compatible with macOS Mojave, but they won't be with future macOS releases. Legacy media can include footage recorded with cameras like Sony HDCAM-SR cameras, footage from GoPro cameras recorded in the CineForm format, video files in the Avid DNxHD/DNxHR format created with software, footage shot with many other older cameras, or files modified with older software.

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: screen-shot-2015-10-04-at-10-48-40-am.png (843x446, 344K)

Satania poster pls oblige

But why? For what purpose?

So just download software that supports it...

Apple regularly prunes legacy technology from its products to keep them lean and stimulate the adoption of newer, better technology. Contrast with Microsoft and Adobe's bloated monstrosities bogged down with decades of legacy cruft.

>s-support my ancient shit from the 90s/early 2000s pls
>d-definitely not superseded or anything

L M A O
Why do you poorfags post this shit?

mp3 is a legacy format

how the fuck do you go from being the computer for professionals to removing compatibility for absolutely no reason? will they even have converters?

So is .txt

>Final Cut Pro X

Literally who the fuck cares.

Attached: 9billioniq.png (401x265, 89K)

So Quicktime won't support legacy media files in the future while VLC for macOS will keep supporting everything.
So nothing will change because most professionals who need those formats never even use Apples stock media player/viewer.
Wow, cool thread, Apple is so BTFO.

Attached: 666E3CE574864CF4B5E8E3FA79685FFA.jpg (1080x1516, 169K)

>VLC
*mpv

>Support for old, archived media formats
>bloat
>superseded
The absolute state of appleltards. I assume applel has invented the time machine, so their users can go back in time and retake/rerecord their media from, say, 15 years ago, using today's technology (heck, maybe even tomorrow's technology?)

You can't seriously expect people to convert petabytes of archives just because some lazy fucks decided not to support them anymore

Just use mpv

Doesn't matter user, don't you get it?
Buy the latest iToy, updated with the latest applel privacy PRISM technology to keep you safe from those viruses

forgot pic

Attached: lol.jpg (1920x1080, 157K)

You're a fucking moron.

>there are people on this planet that will defend this

Attached: read_ze_pep.jpg (655x527, 59K)

>You can't seriously expect people to convert petabytes of archives just because some lazy fucks decided not to support them anymore
I expect users of technology board to understand that codec libs not being shipped with the system doesn't mean they can't be installed manually. Honestly, the more I read of these shit threads, the more I feel that these being tears of semi-literate pajeets is not just a meme. And I don't even use Macs.

SOMEONE HAD TO DO IT

Attached: iTODDLERS BTFO.gif (500x491, 376K)

>I can do less things
>and that's a good thing
It's the retarded Apple mouse all over again.

>You can't seriously expect people to convert petabytes of archives

As a rule of thumb it’s a bad idea to archive your media using proprietary formats like those from camera vendors. A neutral open format ensures it will remain accessible in the future.