What are some Jow Forums aprobed program lenguages?

What are some Jow Forums aprobed program lenguages?

Attached: 1_L5QyrMNalM3yhtgdgBcvkQ.png (762x436, 145K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ruby-doc.org/core-1.8.7/Array.html#method-i-map
theregister.co.uk/2016/03/23/npm_left_pad_chaos/
hackernoon.com/whats-really-wrong-with-node-modules-and-why-this-is-your-fault-8ac9fa893823
web.archive.org/web/20130118230744/http://dev.hasenj.org/post/31042963934/nodejs-hate
jsblog.insiderattack.net/you-really-hate-node-58b1ff72202d
hackernoon.com/the-javascript-phenomenon-is-a-mass-psychosis-57adebb09359
blog.geekforbrains.com/after-a-year-of-using-nodejs-in-production-78eecef1f65a
whydoesitsuck.com/why-does-javascript-suck/
medium.com/commitlog/the-internet-is-at-the-mercy-of-a-handful-of-people-73fac4bc5068
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ASM

Html

All languages were made by smart people and therefore all are good.

C#
>modern
>well structured
>a better Jave with a bit C
>needs more low-level(will not happen though)

C
>useful
>mighty
>it's fucking old and you can see it

C++
>fchriuvbwqiuvbrvc eroiuövbgwipuveqwghicew vrz

Assembly
>for gentlemen only

>All languages were made by smart people

Attached: hmm.png (274x250, 69K)

what's wrong with ruby?

Ruby did the modern trend of mixing OOP and functional programming (lambdas, HOF etc.) more than two decades ago:

ruby-doc.org/core-1.8.7/Array.html#method-i-map

All languages in OPs image have their place but nodejs was a mistake.

D

anything but rust, java or javascript

Attached: 1532101507396.png (506x662, 79K)

>that pic

thats like saying writing front-end in C

Attached: 2523523523.jpg (494x613, 23K)

julia, common lisp

Haskell is god tier because it has it all:
>statically typed
>powerful user-defined types
>functional
>compiled

However reality often sets in and it does not lend itself to all problem domains.

C# is good for when you're doing OOP
C for device drivers and other low level stuff
(Typed) Racket is good in the general case, as long as it's okay that it runs in an interpreter
Python for quick little scripts

R or Python for the world of data. C# for OOP as others have said.

Trannies

Algol 68, Pascal

well, i don't really care about that but isn't this trend only really the case for ruby on rails? a friend of mine likes ruby and he's a smart guy so he must like it for some reason.

I'm new to programming. Can anyone explain why Jow Forums hates Java websites so much?

i just realized that's a female bovine

You won't find a single back-end language that isn't hated on Jow Forums.

Why would anyone even attempt that?

>>well structured
What the fuck does that even mean? Last time I used it back in 3.5 days I noticed short is signed and ushort is unsigned; int is signed and uint is unsigned; long is signed and ulong is unsigned — but byte is unsigned and sbyte is signed.
C# is garbage and the shills that actively promote that garbage here do it for FREE.

africans can talk

Ruby is /comfy/. That poster must have miscropped.

Which you can do now with wasm!

go for efficient servers & general purpose tooling
c/c++ for embedded stuff and game development
c# for big enterprise projects that are expected to be maintained for quite some time
javascript for web front-ends
nodejs 4 memes
haskell quick prototypes

languages with no purpose/weird syntaxes/useless features/outdated garbage or just garbage with serious security flaws or design flaws
python
lisp
ruby
php
rust
d
asm - seriously compilers are better at optimizing code than you'll ever get
java - poo.init()

>anything but rust
orange crab bad pls upvote

allTheMoms.forEach(mom => me.fuck(mom))

Start with English before you learn how to program. Also, C and ASM are the only Jow Forums approved languages. Creating programs that run in an interpreter is sometimes okay for things like shell scripting.

Literally any language not in that picture. Just choose one at random, even the memest of meme languages would be an improvement

what language is this?

c#, maybe js

>c# better than JVM languages
pfahahahahahahahaha, yea no. C# may be better designed than C# but .NET Core is a joke. It can't even remotely keep up with the JVM. You don't like Java? Fine, use Kotlin which is a million times better than C#.

>better designed than C#
*Java

based oracle shill

C, Haskell and Assembly is the holy trinity.

Java

PHP and Java

C, Java, Haskell, OCaml, Swift

allTheMoms.forEach(me.fuck)

Uncultured swine.

>Tfw php was your first programming language

>However reality often sets in and it does not lend itself to all problem domains.

like what?

+1
upvoted

>aprobed

Attached: 400.jpg (489x383, 74K)

i like Python , it makes me feel like a hacker

Go.

Attached: go.png (650x650, 29K)

Don't you shit on C# like that.

Ever try writing a functional device driver? Or interacted with OpenGL (an extremely complex state machine) from a purely functional language? It ain't pretty. It's possible, but it's certainly not the paradigm I'd use if I had a choice.

a hacker who gets to suck fucking cock all day

no need 2 be mad ... why so much hate for python

>Excel with VBA
>MATLAB
>Python
t. engineering student

Java is comfy. You are not stopped by any language quirks, it just works and IntelIj is amazing IDE. C# is not bad, but its less intuitive and WPF is fucking garbage. Unemployed virgins write in meme languages like C or Haskell, real professionals dont waste their time struggling with unintuitive languages, they are making some serious money with Java while you are still debuging your garbage, leaky C code

>excel with vba
>matlab
octave and R
t. Successful engineering student

ASM is for those with ASD

these might be the most garbage opinions I've ever seen in my life

C and Haskell.
Kotlin should be in discussion, best JVM lang

Even PHP or Perl? Both are cancer languages.

If you're a professional use the most widely supported language. No one wants to support your project in 10 years after your hip language dies out. If your a script kiddie just use whatever is most efficient for the task at hand

Why is Node.js bad?

Attached: 1540669953469.jpg (320x262, 38K)

please then, tell me what embedded firmware for microcontrollers is written in

Attached: 1528835745426.jpg (727x480, 38K)

+2
Upvoted

theregister.co.uk/2016/03/23/npm_left_pad_chaos/
hackernoon.com/whats-really-wrong-with-node-modules-and-why-this-is-your-fault-8ac9fa893823
web.archive.org/web/20130118230744/http://dev.hasenj.org/post/31042963934/nodejs-hate
jsblog.insiderattack.net/you-really-hate-node-58b1ff72202d
hackernoon.com/the-javascript-phenomenon-is-a-mass-psychosis-57adebb09359
blog.geekforbrains.com/after-a-year-of-using-nodejs-in-production-78eecef1f65a
whydoesitsuck.com/why-does-javascript-suck/
medium.com/commitlog/the-internet-is-at-the-mercy-of-a-handful-of-people-73fac4bc5068

t. writer of garbage, leaky C code

>perl
its fine
>php
ok, you got me there

what's wrong with php?

Ada

they're just haters user. java runs on 3 billion devices.

If it'd good enough for a smart toaster, it must be really good.

i can make a C sharp on my flute

Attached: yikes3.png (474x387, 193K)

Ruby is super comfy but has some dumb syntactic choices like aliases that can make it hard to read.
Its also slow as has a not great number of libraries.

HolyC

It has a bad reputation of producing insecure spaghetti code from all the noobs using it to program. Php use to be notorious for SQL injection attacks from unsantizied user input. It’s also responsible for terrible shit like Wordpress and Joomla.

Scala and Haskell are anti brainlet languages, which is nice.

Every programming language has its own merits and is beautiful in its own way. There might be languages which are faster or more intuitive to work with, but I have yet to see a language I don't like in some way.

Different user. Yes, javascript is crap, but how does node.js perform other than it being written in javascript?

Jow Forums is filled with Ctards, don't listen to most people here.
Useful languages:
Python
Javascript
Bash
Go
Rust
If you want to listen to the Cniles then learn C++ instead of C.

>decent
>shit
>shit
>shit
>shit
How did you go so wrong with your choices user?

Coq, Isabelle/HOL, C, Ocaml, R, Haskell, C++
There you go soýboý

Ruby is the language with the best syntax ever. It's piss easy and you can do astonishing things. It is the perfect blend of a bunch of cool programmign languages and is well worht learning it. After you know Ruby, every other language feels inferior.

But the commuinity is sometimes weird and unfortunately today Ruby means automatically Rails. This is sad, because there are a bunch of great Ruby frameworks nobody uses (Sinatra, Cuba, Hanami..). Oh and you have Jekyll, which is also nice.

Rails is a great webframework for beginners, because it makes so much for you. And I still use it sometimes when I don't have much time because it has the fastest development speed.

But I have to say that today I don't use it all the time because it holds your hand too much which can be a crutch. For example I like plain SQL a lot and don't need this active record fuckery.

Also many Ruby programmers are "special snowflakes" which is why I prefer to code in Python these days (and because Python is more about data science stuff which is need every now and then).

Neverthe less Ruby will always have a special place in my heart.

C#, JS, C++, Rust.

perl perl perl perl perl perl

PHP was made by a smart person trying to design a templating system for HTML, who looked on in horror as it proceeded to power the entire Web

Kotlin is a meme. If you need functional programming, learn Scala otherwise Java 11 is just fine.

python

Verilog

Rust. THE ONLY MORAL CHOICE.
Don't forget to mention your pronouns in your profile. We don't want to offend you in any way but we will ban you for whatever our moderators feel like it. Sugarcoating the reasons under an ambiguous CoC which can be basically summed up to "Moderators are always right, you are always wrong".
The Rust community is safe just like the language. :^)

>Python
*laughs in Java*

If you want a job, learn anything in your image.

If you have severe autism and you only want to design hardware-optimized 2D dungeon crawling games, ASM and C.

All of them are shit, mine is better because it just works

Attached: 1541080874429.png (854x655, 630K)

Dont understand the hate for Java. Most big companies use a lot of Java for projects and it works just fine, if you want a quick prototype you can use things like Spring Boot, u mad about the getters/setters? Use lombok. If you want to make money as a backend dev Java is one of the best choices. Nothing wrong with Haskell or C but its not something you should start with, and it takes far longer to become good at it.

What about Go?

"PHP is a fractal of bad design."

C++

Attached: mbed.png (590x85, 5K)

How do people even understand such languages as VHDL and Verilog? That shit is fucking weird for a simple computer science student like myself and I need to actually know VHDL for one course.

Don't try to think about it as if it were a regular procedural/OOP programming language. Just have to realize in an FPGA everything is parallel, all the time.

Java is a dying language. Google is replacing it with dart on mobile and after that it will be a legacy language.
I didn't say that I like all of them, I said they are useful. Javascript is needed for front end web development and it is getting increasingly popular for other things. Bash isn't good either but shell scripting is useful. Go and Rust are good.

But processes are sequential

ScriptBASIC

Thanks for that post.

Java consists of two separate things. The language proper and the platform. Not a lot of people love both but there has been a lot customization for different languages running on the java platform and for different platforms that will run Java. Not even close to being dead.