ITT: Unpopular Wishes For Technology

>consumer grade 60+hz e-ink display

Attached: 20181121_112225.jpg (2880x2160, 1.71M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3?idPhone=8923#show
gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3?idPhone=9363#show
youtube.com/watch?v=ve-XfttnhLk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>consumer grade 60+hz e-ink display
What for? Even more reduced battery life?

dont care about high refresh, What I want is proper e ink display for programming, full size, high resolution 21-24 inch monitor, with ability to refresh just fast enough for comfortable typing

> I don't care for refresh
> I care for resfresh

Smooth scrolling, you can see a difference between 144hz and 60hz in everyday use.
They should make a adaptive refresh rate, that only goes up if you you are moving the picture

That's all well and good if actually true, but the battery life his is enormous to the point of it being a gimmick. Just look at the Razer phones.
gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3?idPhone=8923#show
gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3?idPhone=9363#show
I realize these aren't e-ink displays, but these are the only ones battery life could be tested on.

Battery life hit*

e ink does not refresh constantly like an lcd, it displays static image (so that even if power is lost image is retained). So an ability to do atleast 10hz when needed (not constantly) is probably enough

Technically totally impossible. There's physical movement that has to happen that just can't happen that fast.

same

Man, if we get E-Ink 60+hz displays in this life time I will be blown away.

>One streamlined production, will be super cost efficient.
>Patents for the tech are expiring soon, could open up a more free market sector.
>SUPER energy effient, better forthe environment, and just lasts longer than any other display (think of days, week, maybe even MONTHS of battery life off a single charge compared to what cell phones, tablet, and laptops have now).
>Better for the eyes, and as far as text is concenrned, clearer to read for most people.

I know it will probably not happen for at least another 100+ years, but the potential in this tech sure does amaze me.

OP here,
My thoughts summed up. I understand that electrophoresis sped up to that degree is immensely challenging; but if you told me 20 years ago that I'd see home user centric 8+core processors that run at 4+ghz in my lifetime, I'd be utterly stunned.
So why go the negative route with speculation so soon, ya know?
(and yea I know I'm an idiot for my past self hypothetically being stunned by something like that considering the speed at which computers were getting faster back then, you don't need to remind me)

Attached: 1489518097946.jpg (600x900, 187K)

I like you guys. E Ink displays are obviously the future

some eink screens are fast enough. there are eink monitors although absurdly expensive and rather small.
i assume one could make a eink matrix display with some kind of avr, just not sure how far you could take it.

where the fuck is your god now?
youtube.com/watch?v=ve-XfttnhLk

this
why did they have to make the Paperlike so goddamn small

>someone on the chans likes me

Attached: neokeok.png (470x264, 55K)

the critical feature of eink is that they have NO refresh rate, retard

you clearly dont understand the tech and the use case it pertains to

kill yourself

of course they have a maximal refresh rate, are you fucking braindead?

Attached: img_noteslate(2).jpg (575x390, 45K)

OP again. That is a critical feature, yea. I guess I shouldn't have implied that I don't understand a fundamental part of e-ink displays and instead explicitly stated my desire for their electrophoresis to be sped up to the point where it simulates a typical 60+hz display