Can anyone tell me why people love ryzen?

Can anyone tell me why people love ryzen?
Why everyone is waiting for zen2 to do some magic when even 2700x has so bad single core performance that it competes with 5 year old 4770k.
Streaming babies need not reply.

Attached: ryzen.jpg (640x480, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113541,
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113498
youtube.com/watch?v=JCGsEczbSCo
youtube.com/watch?v=rRAd8Fl08aY
cpubenchmark.net/compare/Intel-i7-4770K-vs-Intel-i9-9900K/1919vs3334
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ryzen to me its like a good value i7 5820k-5960X cpu lineup, but you know without the OC, but yeah, its good for cheapo production PC's but thats it, if you want max compatibility and get the most out of any high end GPU you still go Intel and even post patch still wins over Ryzen, now Zen2 might change that, but i doubt it.

Because they need more than a single core performance.

You should check the newer intel offerings against your 4770k.
You will be disappointment as fuck.

It is still better improving every year even if it is marginally but ryzen is straight up 5 year old performance with more cores.
Yes good for editing and streaming but for playing it is still today's bulldozer.

>implying ryzen doesn't shit all over every single core i-shit pootel CPU on the market that isn't an unholy GluedTogether(tm) dumpsterfire

intards on suicide watch confirmed lmao

That's the thing, your "5 year old performance" is literally 5%-10% slower.
And mommy su promised a 30% jump in IPC on the next zen, so if intel keeps this pace (they won't), it would take intel 15 years to reach the zen2.

Ryzen does SMT without utterly crippling processor security, unlike Intel.

what improvement
what frames
what anything
spectre kills intel cpus left and right in terms of performance and you're memeing about improvements
lmao

and it scales better as well, how based

29% bump would be in handpicked artificial benchmarking compared to first ryzen series. Companies lie about their performances all the time to hype their fans
Zen+ already improved over its predecessor in IPC so gap would be modestly 10%

Indeed.
But 10% is still more than enough to blow the current intel offerings out of the water until they just stop lazing around and actually go do some real improvements.

>has so bad single core performance that it competes with 5 year old 4770k
no we can't because you just won't listen.

It's just affordable man. If I had the money I would go Intel in a heart beat. You buy AMD because it's cheap, not because it's the best.

>all these buzzwords
>every reputable benchmark ever proves him wrong

lmao seething

Because it´s cheap and fulfills alot more. You can get an all-rounder cpu if you pick ryzen.

2700x has same ipc as 8700k u fuckin moron it's just mhz difference that makes it looks faster if u put them at same mhz they give same scores. FUCKİN MORON U DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT İS IPC

>2700x has so bad single core performance that it competes with 5 year old 4770k
lol

Tick tock, Incel shills. Judgement day is coming.

Attached: single.png (1352x908, 104K)

Two... one... Half shekel has been deposited on your account. Good goy.

let me put me it this way. in 2016 the "best" mainstream cpu one could get was the 6950x, 3ghz, 140w tdp, 10 core for the low price of 1,723.00 dollars.
And it wasn't that good, hot, lower freq and most people would really be better off with an mainstream i7 for daily purposes.
Now, in 2018 we can get a 32 core cpu for about that same price point newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113541, or 12/16/24 cores to best suit your most pertinent tasks, starting at 649.. a gaming oriented machine with a 16C/32T at 3.5ghz base 4.4ghz boost + xfr should satisfy anyone's epeen with room to spare.

Or for most folks 8c/16t for the mainstream for 250 bucks newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113498

there you have it.
no need for benchamarks or technical analysis, lowering price points and driving innovation in the cpu market cpu are reasons that should satisfy anyone who isn't a die hard intel fanboy retard to love ryzen. Because. let's face, even if the next ryzen 3700x comes up with 100% IPC over the 2xxx's at 65w, 5ghz base clock, 6ghz xfr, all of this for 250 bucks, intel retards will still bitch and talk shit about muh games, forgetting that that favorable is dependant on many factors and do not come stock or cheap.

tl;dr
2016 intel 10C/20T 3ghz for 1.7k usd
2018 amd 32C/64T 3ghz/4.4ghz boost for 1.7k usd

>synthetic test
Now show these results in real world application.

>if you want max compatibility and get the most out of any high end GPU
is that a prepared line that you use for when you're talking tech in a non tech oriented environment? because, boy o boy, that drivel won't stick here no matter how hard you try.
I feel bad for the anons you've been swindling, that line looks and sounds practiced.

who cares, look for benchmarks yourself.
get that feel good rush of seeing atop the graphs.
But stick to games user or yopu have joyful ride. It'll be very shitty honestly if start looking elsewhere... also, some games may also disappoint your expectations, so be warned. Well, you really shouldn't search for benchmarks, actually, just cover your eyes and keep telling yourself that intel won and dream of i7's and i9's peaking every chart out there. You'll be better off.

>Can anyone tell me why people love ryzen?

Because their multi-core performance is un-rivaled.

compare this table with

Attached: c54a229a29.png (1292x328, 57K)

with this.
and take a deep breath.

>6cores for 434 bucks
>amd sells 6 cores for literally less than half that price naw.

Attached: caa9762f3b.png (1065x147, 22K)

the point of that SS was to compare the hedt platforms between competitors, and the impact only 2 years of ryzen had: inb4 someone bitches about posting outdated stuff, if you didn't catch that perspective, do no reproduce, please.
But this one looks better, the entire line, since price points and specs also overlap.

Attached: 1f11a1bfec.png (1038x668, 92K)

>when even 8700 has so bad single core performance that it competes with 5 year old 4770k.

Attached: Screenshot_100.jpg (1262x670, 60K)

Remember when people used to buy 4 core cpus for 350 bucks, experiencing no buyers remorse because it was widely recommend everywhere... for gaming?

That really sounds preposterous nowadays.

Halt your autism before it enters orbit.

Intel i7 vs poozen 7
youtube.com/watch?v=JCGsEczbSCo

Intel i5 vs poozen 5
youtube.com/watch?v=rRAd8Fl08aY

oops

Attached: 7284cb8b5f.png (1332x239, 39K)

To measure IPC, you need a synthetic test.

Ryzen is past haswell at this point, even in muh "real world benchmarks" where the code is still heavily optomized for Intel.

T. A 4770k owner.

I find it funny that Intel never wanted to stray away from 4C8T until AMD came out doubling that.

Anyone who bought Kaby Lake got fucked.

>AMD bad
>single-core in 2000 and 18 matters the most
>the more you pay, the more you save

Attached: 1538770348655.png (374x253, 32K)

>tfw intel said full mitigation was not available to the goyim

Attached: GRRRRRRRR.jpg (217x249, 3K)

>Halt your autism before it enters orbit
Well, it's too late for that one. but anyway, I'm better off being smack in the middle of the spectrum than being a retard who can't take an argument like a man and shift goal posts like it's nothing. Oh, sorry, for mentioning spectrum, it may have triggered your specter pstd by proxy, that was on purpose btw.

just disable more cores, intel has a proven track record of prefering low core, low thread count. What's 30% perf increase good for anyways?

>Ryzen is betturrrrr
>Fact about Ryzen not being better

>BLARGHRUGLBAHGLUBB
The only correct thing you said was about it being to late to halt your autism.

Because without Ryzen we would still be paying $300 for a Quad-Core CPU with 6% performance increase from the last generation.

>*NEW* SYNTHETIC BENCHMARKS DO NOT MATTER
You know Incel shills are hyper-damage control when they out of all people say that synthetic benches dont matter

Attached: 1506383390040.png (992x1043, 614K)

>with 6% clock-increase from the last generation.
no real ipc gain since skylel for Intelaviv

>see muh faxtshh
>youtube
>gaymur attention grabbing screenshots

here have one that used to reside comfily in intels' court.

Attached: 50b1947301.png (705x506, 65K)

threadlets don't @ me

Attached: 1535198252376.png (388x447, 10K)

>0FPS image
Post something instead of taking screenshots of something that doesn't move or show performance in games.

Only idiots have brand loyalty. You get whatever meets your needs and switch when necessary.

>MUH GAYMES
Fucking lol. Intel is truly getting obliterated.

You're retarded, we already knew that, but at least keep your retardation to yourself.

>dont't expose my employeer goyim

Attached: 1515221586890.png (682x792, 339K)

No man you got it wrong, Ryzen is a good value CPU, R5 2600 is literally a 5820k for half the price, which is awesome, Intel is shitting the bed hard becuase of Ryzen, the thing i am saying that hardly anyone likes to accept is that Intel is still king for gaming and has better compatibility for most programs because their architectures are hardly different they are mostly the same, Ryzen is a new architecture with a way more scalable fabrication and SMT implementation, so it will take some time to run all software no problems, i myself have an i7 6700k and i am interested in buying more products from Intel, but there is hardly an upgrade going to any Ryzen IN GAMES the main use i give to my hardware, if Zen2 gives me the performance of my current CPU with double the threads i am sold. Turn down your autism down a little my man.

Seriously, how much do they pay you? Since I refuse to consider you shill and defend Intlel for free.

It is what it is.

see
and go cry somewhere else where we can't hear you.

>Games aren't technology.
Well...ill end myself.

>playing video games is technology

Attached: 1529160834104.png (657x539, 110K)

BASED

Attached: 1541892583390.jpg (818x693, 91K)

>I'll change the goal-post until I have the high ground
>repeat ad-infinitum

Attached: 1537012159186.png (1200x800, 164K)

>2700x has so bad single core performance that it competes with 5 year old 4770k
>ryzen is straight up 5 year old performance
Will Incel shills ever tire of lying?

Attached: untitled-12.png (682x908, 52K)

Source: My ass

intel for gaming:
do you have premium cooling to reach stable 5ghz 24/7? And I mean premium, top recs for AIO's or Noctua's big heatsinks ballpark coupled with good case airflow, all that stuff or bust.
do you have a nice premium psu, even better if overspec'ed, to make that OC a tad more reliable?
are you driving a ti variant card? 10 or 20 series, doesn't matter; ti's or above or it'l all irrelevant anyway for you. 1080's/Vega's and below need not apply.
do you have high refresh rate display? I mean, not even 120hz 1440p, because we're talking about 244hz 1080p here. If that's not your set up than that gaming advantage isn't really making much of a difference for you.

and inteltards think that total price costs for ryzen are bad because they should be more careful with their memory picks.

Choosing Goytel in 2018 is only reasonable for modern hardcore emulation (PS3/Switch/WiiU/3DS) and absolutely 'constant' high fps for high refresh rate monitors (+144hz). Anyone not meeting these two needs and buying from Intelaviv is just wasting money for nothing.

Looks like the one intel shill itt gave up, packed up and left.

Attached: 1468282141177.jpg (600x646, 72K)

amd fanboy here, but he isn't wrong.
AMD themselves unhyped that 29% remark by officially stating it was for one very specialized financial microbenchmark and that outside that result we shouldn't expect a ~30% overall IPC increase over zen+

they learned hard lessons with mostly gpu's overhype. It was good practice to read the asterisks outloud for once.

>why people love ryzen
spotted the autist who doesn't understand multicore processes and the definition of "value for money"

Attached: hahaha.jpg (1006x1080, 93K)

>caring about single-core

Yuck.

Oh look, he changed tactics! Kys

synthetic test is what intel is good at.

because the IPC is at Haswell levels while having twice as many cores on a process with worse characteristics, by AMD's own admission, than Intel's 14nm. Now that they'll be on TSMC's improved 7nm they will have a new design with higher IPC.

>5 year old performance
It's basically the clock speed differences. SKX is maybe 5-10% better IPC than znver1 at the same clock rate.

Going by synthetics
cpubenchmark.net/compare/Intel-i7-4770K-vs-Intel-i9-9900K/1919vs3334

4770K @ 3.9 GHz = 2253
9900K @ 3.9 GHz = 2267

very good work intel but at least they're getting higher clock speeds without massive power draw increase

>SKX is maybe 5-10% better IPC than znver1
WRONG
see &

no ever touches 16 pci lanes for the mainstream intel cpu's.
people looking into nvme raid arrays should notice that fact.

by boycotting intel you are not complicit in the nsa built in backdoor compromisation of tech.
you also do not support anti consumer practices like socket changes
you also support innovation, since they are choosing to keep 14nm and high power draw.

people that buy intel do not consider the implications of giving money to such a company.

Because Ryzen offers good performance at reasonable prices. I am *very* happy with my overclocked 1700 (3.8Ghz) that I had bought a year ago.

Every intel chip since the 4000 series has had the same performance per clock prove me wrong.

>having 6 threads

Sure is 100% CPU Load in here

Attached: 9600kvs2600XBF.png (1297x932, 1.21M)

Attached: 9600kvs2600XACO.png (1298x927, 1.83M)

>tfw intel's top boy competes with the 2600k from a decade ago

Attached: 1525127970971.jpg (4771x859, 771K)

ORANGE LOGO BAD

Attached: angry npc.png (1006x813, 73K)

what a fucking joke. and the kicker is that the 2600k is on ddr3.

>cpu benchmark
>ultra settings

Attached: 4L_ITBTsns3.jpg (400x400, 33K)

>Multi-core doesn't matter!
>Productivity doesn't matter!
>Price/performance doesn't matter!
>Performance per watt doesn't matter!
>Power usage doesn't matter!
>Temperatures don't matter!
>Soldered dies don't matter!
>Stutters don't matter!
>Streaming doesn't matter!
>Data centers don't matter!
>Locked CPUs don't matter!
>OEMs don't matter!
>Hyperscalers don't matter!
>Upgradeability doesn't matter!
>Anti-competitive business practices don't matter!
>Locked platform features don't matter!
>Synthetic loads don't matter!
>PCI-e lanes don't matter!
>Burnt pins don't matter!
>Heat doesn't matter!
>1771w cooler doesn't matter!
>Server space doesn't matter!
>ECC support doesn't matter!
>Free RAID doesn't matter!
>NVMe RAID doesn't matter!
>StoreMI doesn't matter!
>IPC doesn't matter!
>7nm doesn't matter!
>StoreMI doesn't matter!
>HEDT doesn't matter!
>Stock coolers don't matter!
>Security doesn't matter!
>Games don't always matter!
>Enterprise doesn't matter!
>Hyperthreading doesn't matter!
>VMware doesn't matter!
>MySQL doesn't matter!
>Unix doesn't matter!
>Linux doesn't matter!
>Waffer yields don't matter!
>Benchmarks after full patches don't matter!
>Asian markets don't matter!
>Own fabrics don't matter!
>Chipset lithography doesn't matter!
>Cray doesn't matter!
>Cisco doesn't matter!
>HPE doesn't matter!
>AZURE doesn't matter!
>5nm doesn't matter!
>TDP doens't matter!
>10nm doesn't always matter!
>Cache doesn't matter!
>Integrated graphics doesn't matter!
>PCI-Express 4.0 doesn't matter!

Attached: 1502488836418.jpg (267x297, 24K)

yes because being able to render csgo at 900fps @1024x768 is relevant to nothing

Dear sirs please buy intel

>posting your opinion 10 years ago: here is my opinion and here is a picture of my emotions
>posting your opinion now: Here is your emotions and here is a picture of you

>implying there is a single intel cpu that has a better single core performance after all security patches applied
op is a dum-dum

Security doesn't matter.

Because we finally have competition which is good for everybody.

I wasn't suggesting he was wrong about the 29% being in a very specialized workload, I was pointing out that he pulled 10% entirely out of his ass based on his feels.

Right now we don't really have enough publicly available evidence to do anything more than make pure guesses as to where ether average IPC improvements will end up between
29% and some non-zero percentage.

>has so bad single core performance that it competes with 5 year old 4770k
Not with the security patches it doesn't :^)

Attached: 147897894987897498489498.jpg (800x820, 548K)

My ffmpeg average fps begs to differ.
And yes, I do actually spend shitloads of clock cycles on rendering and encoding video. Intel is literally just for gayman babies. Even so the difference is marginal.

got a single fact to back that up, fuckboi?

Yes.

>b-b-but it's.... SYNTHETIC!!11!!!111!!!

Attached: 1538845690005.gif (290x218, 1.03M)

post it

considering the 5% boost in ipc and clocks in the last 5 years by intel, ryzen seems good and zen 2 like the next holocaust for intel.

>competition
>intel releases 8c/16t for almost $600 as "response"
lol

>ingle core performance that it competes with 5 year old 4770k
Because Intel didn't patch their chip-level vulns in those CPUs.

No.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 65K)

intel security flaws made me change over, sold my shittel at a tiny loss and bought ryzen.