He uses a monolithic kernel in 2018

>he uses a monolithic kernel in 2018

Attached: Fuchsia-630x330.jpg (630x330, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lwn.net/SubscriberLink/771974/ade4e5fb18058302/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you don't?

Although I'd love to see Redox OS becoming more popular.

>he shills a doa botnet on an anime forum

>google is too much of a cheapskate to buy a banner ad
>pays some low life idiots to make advertising threads for their still born littlekernel rebrand
LMAO

surprising to me that this is in fact a microkernel.

no one cares please die

> he tells op to go fuck himself with a cactus

I am running minix on my cpu

More hardware support in a year than Linux got over 20 years, just wait and see.

probably wont even happen thanks to how google is run and even if it does become a thing, it will be shit and slow as hell thanks to how google works

It is. It's a fork of littlekernel called zircon

depends on how much money google wants to invest on it. will it be another one of google's hobby projects or one of its greedy schemes

willingly?

Attached: britlet.jpg (602x709, 94K)

Attached: sweaty-cat.jpg (284x177, 9K)

Since introduction of DKMS in Linux, practically it made Linux a non monolithic kernel anymore.

The whole monolithic/micro kernel argument is retarded, just like RISC/CISC.
The whole thing was settled like 20 years ago, a hybrid approach ends up working best.

mutts confirmed the best

This.

In what way was it "settled" on Hybrids? Linux is still monolithic, and although Microsoft had claimed that they had a hybrid, I have heard that that was mostly marketing BS.

also,
samefag

Microkernels are a proved meme. Who is pushing them? Usual retarded rustfags?

>He thinks he'll be using Fuchsia any time soon, if at all.

NT is a degenerated microkernel. It is not monolithic. Therefore we call it a hybrid kernel.

>Microkernels are a proved meme.
It's not the 80s anymore. Mach isn't the standard in microkernels anymore, and we live in a post-L4 world.
>Usual retarded rustfags?
That's Redox. This Fuchsia project's Zircon kernel appears to be written entirely in C++, with a userland in various languages, and apps written in Dart.
seL4 is written in C and assembly for each architecture it supports.

Attached: owowhatsthis.png (993x751, 1005K)

>not using a raspi with a sim card taped to it

Attached: lmao.jpg (640x559, 23K)

lwn.net/SubscriberLink/771974/ade4e5fb18058302/
This kills the Fuchsia.

>this random-ass completely unrelated technical peculiarity with the Linux kernel and Android somehow kills the Fuchsia
wew

It does what Fuchsia was originally intended to remedy. Fuchsia isn't even remotely ready for use yet, but hey, keep dreaming if it makes you feel better.

Google has the money, relevance and engineering talent to actually create a great from-scratch operating system.
Sadly, what those engineers don't appear to have, is ethics in regards to user privacy. Yes, they get angry and protest over things when the spotlight is on them (as it was for Facebook, and when military projects in Google came to light) but they are quite content with working on questionable shit until then.
So yes, using a monokernel in 2018