Techpill me on trackballs Jow Forums. I want one because of desk space. are they good or is it just a meme?

techpill me on trackballs Jow Forums. I want one because of desk space. are they good or is it just a meme?

Attached: mx-ergo-wireless-trackball.png (800x687, 335K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kensington.com/p/products/control/trackballs/Expert-Mouse-Wireless-Trackball/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Would you rather have carpal tunnel in your thumb or your wrist?

They're alright. They're not good for gaming and it's slightly harder to highlight things compared to a mouse. I would definitely recommend getting a trackball that uses your 3 middle fingers over using your thumb for better precision. They're also great if you want to use your computer laying in bed or have it on your lap in that case having a thumb trackball is better.

You want a finger track ball, not a thumb one. Though I'd still say thumb balls are better than standard mice. I transitioned from palm grip with a standard mouse, to finger tip grip, to using a trackball for work.
This is what you want: kensington.com/p/products/control/trackballs/Expert-Mouse-Wireless-Trackball/
Its the best.

not bad, went from a normal mouse to a kensington expert mouse.
If you plan on gaming then as said just no. Otherwise they are comfortable and dont need much space. I got used to mine quickly (few days). Good luck

I have one. It's pretty fantastic. I still use a normal mouse for image editing but the trackball mouse is still accurate enough for everything else and it's extremely comfortable to use.

Attached: 20181121_130417-1.jpg (2698x1853, 2.69M)

Thumb balls are very different from finger balls. They are actually great for shooters, simulators, any vidya with mouselook. In RTS/ARPG twitchy cursor movement is less precise but I don't play competitive apm clickers.
Took me less than an hour to get used to M570.

False. You would be getting carpal tunnel typing on your phone. It alleviates carpal tunnel.

never used one, so didnt know. Thanks for correcting me.

trackballs are pretty great because you don't need much space on your desk for them.
not so good for games, but for browsing/work they're pretty awesome.
the more you use one the less you notice a difference between it and a mouse. highlighting text & precision cursor positioning are not the problems that people claim.

I play killing floor with a track ball pretty regularly. They're really not bad at all. Its super easy once you get used to it. The big problem people have is just the transition. By the time you're an adult you've already spent so many years building up the muscle memory with a mouse. Were you raised with track balls then a mouse would be totally alien to you.
Stick with it and you can build new muscle memory, and you'd have no problem using a track ball in high speed FPS gaming. FPS Doug did it back in the day famously.

Fingerballs are trash. You need two maybe three fingers to do what a thumb ball does for articulation.
Thumb balls are superior in everything because it frees up your four other digits for clicking.

Turn up the sensitivity just a bit, I like going left screen edge to right screen edge with my thumb. Or if you're doing vidya in an FPS/TPS you want 180 to 180. If you're relying on flicking the ball you're going to have a bad time.

If you're having trouble with fine point clicking you have two options, pull back on your DPI until you find a sweet spot of speed and accuracy. Option 2, if you have a sniper button use that to pull the sensitivity back. The sniper button works well when aiming for head shots and lining up a shot on someone not moving around a lot.

In six hours you should be going from clunky new muscle development to smooth, slick, pin point accuracy. With a few mistakes here and there.

We haven't even gotten to the comfy aspect of placing it where ever the hell you want. I have a bad habit of just reclining in my chair and curling my hand to the side of my leg and just relaxing as I browse, point, and click.

Next class we go in to left hand gameboards and autohotkey for maximum fucker.

> sniper button
> headshots
go back to /v/ please

Idk, hombre. I feel like finger track balls give me way better precision than thumb balls. Its super easy to make fast throwing movements, stop them, then make fine precise adjustments. Keeping two fingers on my Kensington ball while I click with another is easy.

once you learn to use a trackball optimally, you will find there are some tradeoffs. You have a more dextrous pointer which is just ever so slightly less accurate. Even a skilled user tends to overshoot his target frequently, or undershoot, as a consequence of the increased agility of the pointer. I can reach my target in the same time usually, even if I miss, because you can flick-back to hit your point. When changing back to a regular mouse I tend to feel increased control.

It makes sense too as these are bigger muscle groups which gives you more precision and stability than some fine tendons in your thumb

Who else /games with a trackball/?

Attached: 1533410473946.jpg (345x458, 23K)

I don't much, but I do use a track ball when I do. Haven't played CS in a decade, but I play Killing Floor with one. I played the new Deus Ex games with one. Played the Witcher games with one.
I wouldn't go back to an ordinary mouse, though I still use an MX Revolution with my laptop. If Kensington lowered their prices I'd use a track ball for everything.

Why do you own anything better then a dual core with integrated graphics then fag? Kill yourself.

You're describing placebo. I can do everything you can with my thumb while also using four buttons.

My Kensington has four buttons. Scroll wheel too.

why do you assume I own anything better than a dual core with integrated graphics?

They’re cozy af

Attached: 3A7FC84A-A5E3-4DB4-AA7D-F3641D7F068A.jpg (3264x2448, 1.13M)

Neat. Now try to use all four with three fingers tied up moving the trackball.

Because you're a try hard faggot who thinks any technology then what you personally use is an albatross.

How do you like the Elecom Huge? I have a logitech and I'm thinking of upgrading to that for christmas. Do small movements make the cursor jump? My logitech has that problem because of ball friction.

yes, i've been using pic related since 1998!!! because of tendonitis, it really has helped me avoid it all these years!.

(it was very expensive back then)

Attached: Microsoft_IntelliMouse_trackball_86431.jpg (1586x1600, 398K)

I used one for two or three years, heres my experience
>takes 2 weeks to get used to, expect to overshoot what you want to click a lot
>after that bretty gud, a lot less strain on the wrist, very comfy to use for hours and hours
>no good for gaming though

and unironically the BIGGEST downside
>near impossible to use with your left hand I'm not even joking when I say that was the thing that pissed me off the most

Fuck me, I'm a retard
I meant to say impossible to use with your left hand while jerking it

I tried cs:go with a trackball a few times over the last few weeks, usually I switch to my normal mouse, but it's working okay-ish with trakcball (haven't used it with games much)

Is MX Ergo worth $50 if I have M570 now?

I have both, m570 for work, mx ergo at home

mx ergo feels better (better surface material), but sensor is the same (somewhat crappy), it has a usb port for charging but ONLY for charging (m570 lasts a year+ on a single AA)... I mean if you need a high-sensitivity button it might be useful, but I don't miss it at work, that and the tilt might be the only additions worthy anything, certainly not retail price or whatever

tl;dr no need to upgrade I think

mx ergo also has bluetooth, if you like switching, let's say between laptop and computer, that's useful but again.. if you are happy with the 570 don't upgrade

like vapes, 4k monitors and ebook readers they are useless.

if you're a transgendered faggot hypster with extreme hands debilitations you could just grab one trackshit and don't expose your handicap to ths botnet forum.

that very one that you have on your photo gave me fucking tendinitis on my thumb, haven't used it in 6+months and it still hurts

Or not have it at all ;)

Attached: 20181121_155256.jpg (2880x2160, 1.53M)

I only miss horizontal scroll tilt, also there were some claims of better button switch durability.
Sure retail price is way too high but there's one for $50 on ebay with todays coupon, and I trust the seller, bought a total of seven M570 for all my family from him.

>better button switch durability.
on leddit some said the switches are the same, and that they can be replaced with better ones if broken, I can't verify that as I've only used it for 1.5 years now without issues

$50 is indeed a good deal for it, I mean I paid twice as much

I still don't know how they work, how to use them and haven't seen one in real life nor know anyone who uses one

they're pretty much a hoax for me, like atomic bombs

go big or go home

Attached: index.php?action=dlattach;topic=71221.0;attach=98103;image.jpg (2688x1520, 414K)

I love it, I thought it was jittery as fuck but turns out I just had to dial the sensitivity down with the hardware button. Took about a week to get the bearings broken in and remapped pretty much everything to mouse 1-3 (With the exception of one on the side for drag scrolling).

Only complaint is that it's a big mouse for asian hands, but a small mouse for big canadian fucks. That and I hate having a scroll wheel, would much rather have a secondary trackball for 2d pans.

I do a good chunk of CAD work, so I programmed my keyboard to have some buttons for m1-3, the huge mostly acts as a giant fucking trackball.

i have 4k and ebook reader, you convinced me to buy one