Who here is still rocking an FX processor? 8320 here

Who here is still rocking an FX processor? 8320 here.

Attached: AMD-FX-Processors.jpg (960x832, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-5-2400G-vs-AMD-Ryzen-3-2200G/m433194vsm441832
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I got the APU version, 6800K

FX-8370
waiting for Zen2, possibly the 7nm Threadripper

just fuck my shit up senpai

Athlon X4 870k here. Waiting for TR3

wow same

going to overclock it once i feel a slow down

Attached: Untitled.png (400x399, 27K)

8320e at 4.6 GHz

debating Zen+ or Zen 2

What do you do with it?
I can't imagine having a processor with lower performance than my 1700 in "green" mode in BIOS. I'll be getting rid of my 1700 and replacing it with a 7nm Threadripper, replacing my current Threadripper 1950 with a newer higher core count counterpart.

I'm sorry.

8320 here....
still works just fine.
starting to plan my ryzen build now.
not seeing a big reason to change yet.

Fun fact: 8 cores FXs are slower than a 2200G.

Brutal.

Still comfy.

Attached: Untitled.png (806x490, 56K)

Mostly gaming at 1080p. Haven't run into anything I can run at Max yet (that I give a shit about anyway) and it handles all day to day tasks without complaint.

Literally no reason to upgrade yet.

Haven't run into anything I CAN'T run yet. That's was an embarrassing typo.

This.

Attached: bullshit.png (2027x922, 115K)

>That sub Core 2 tier ipc on the 8350 single
But that multi score though.

Not OP but I have the same processor. I mostly browse somewhat minimal websites, watch anime with a bunch of meme mpv shaders, and play grand strategy/city builders/emulators up to 2 generations ago. Like other anons said there is no reason to upgrade.

Only and idiot bought an AMD cpu in the timeframe between the release of Intel Core and Ryzen launch.

So what's the best motherboard for OC'ing one of these 8 core bastards?

Yeah I sure did make a mistake in 2014, didn't I.

Still under any quad core that have more than 4 threads. FXs are garbage.

>4690k
>4790k
>3770k
>2500k
Yes.

Still got an 8350 running. I didn't expect it to last that long, so I am very pleased with it. It will probably take a few years until I decide to upgrade

Good luck finding one at a good price but this one here is amazing, yes the SNSV Crosshair Formula-Z gets an extra 100mhz at any given vcore, but the 990FXA-UD3 was awesome, and I think it's very pretty.

>You're an idiot for liking soldered spreaders on unlocked chips that aren't overpriced

FX-8000 chips basically are quad cores, the four modules have two cores in them pumping instructions though a single FPU

Attached: IMG_0248.jpg (4032x3024, 2.19M)

>2014
>want to build a pc around $500 give or take
>with a bunch of cores because I wanted to play kerbal and not have slowdowns
>fx then is the only option
Really wondering if you just got here.

>overpriced
No, they weren't. They performed slight better in multi threaded applications and basically had twice the performance in single threaded ones. FX was a mistake and only retards defend it.

Phenom II were quite alright, especially the 980 or 1090.

8350 checking in. Does me absolutely fine for running VMs, dev work, occasional gaming. 8350s and mobos are a bargain these days. Hanging on for another year or two and then internals of this box will go into gfs PC (who is currently gaming reasonably happily with a Phenom 965, believe it or not, which I do feel slightly guilty about) and I'll go Ryzen or Threadripper or something.

Attached: speccy.jpg (699x538, 62K)

The 990FX boards are sadly being gouged to death, but you can still get a 970 board new and an 8350 which will do 4.2GHz easily.

Not recommending people build FX machines in current year, but it can be done if you want new parts that can run windows 7 without any tricks on the cheap.

4130 here

>liking soldered spreaders on unlocked chips
Both meaningless freatures. It was AMD chips in that period that were total house fires.
>that aren't overpriced
Can't ask too much for shit.

>Having solder on the die so it transfers heat better
>useless
This AMD FX housefire meme needs to quit because I am literally cold right now, and it doesn't even make much heat when under load.

Attached: One Core per CU.jpg (930x797, 171K)

[email protected]. it's nice cpu, i don't need to use space heaters

FX 9590 from back when it was new. Likely won't need a new cpu any time soon.

I'm talking second hand really. On the Windows thing I have to say I am getting so thoroughly sick of Windows 10 that I'm seriously considering going Ubuntu and attempting run 10 in a VM for whenever I need it. I game less and less these days so that doesn't matter. Only thing I'm really worried about is my fancy photo printer and photo apps which I suspect I'll still need Windows for. Question is whether the USB ports will wire through to Windows in a VM properly.

Anyway. Stupid Windows 10, what a pile of shit.

The compatibility of the AMD 990FX/970 are another reason I like the platform , you can actually get full drivers for XP and have a powerful retro rig, I even ebay'd together some new parts so I can continue to have powerful retro setup for legacy stuff in the future.

>This AMD FX housefire meme needs to quit because I am literally cold right now, and it doesn't even make much heat when under load.

Just let it go. We have Ryzen now.

Attached: notanargumentspurdo.jpg (220x255, 11K)

was Phenoms a better CPU?

still using an fx8350. works fine and i dont see the point upgrading. only thing i'd like to get are better monitors and more hds for my nas

I'm in the same boat, probably gonna see what black Friday does and pick me up a 1TB SSD to replace my 1TB HDD from 09.

Can't believe how cheap it is now.

How do you endure having a CPU that performs worse than the new dual core Athlon and worse than AthlonX4?

8370 @ 4.7ghz [spoiler] on air [/spoiler]

I'm satisfied considering how cheap it was. I would be more satisfied if I had a real reason to upgrade (e.g something worth playing) but whatever, I guess encoding webms at full retard speed will have to do.

Better than Bulldozer, a little worse than Vishera.

>talking shit about based Phenom

Phenom is pretty good but it didn't even have full SSE4.

Alright I put 85 on a gigabyte board... hopefully my 8320e OCs alright with that bastard. I also noticed after I bought it that the Mobo has freaking XP support so that amuses me to no end. Prolly do a dual boot XP 64 and Mint setup.

Should be a nice little system. Will post in the various autism threads when it gets in.

>"8 cores FXs are slower than a 2200G."
>posts picture to prove this, where the 2200G is literally slower than the 8-core FX

it's time to upgrade granpa

Good shit user, I hope the build OC's well, should do at least 4.2GHz.

Attached: 1523433903969.jpg (1038x1000, 140K)

I'm still running an FX-8350 build I put together in 2013. I'm waiting for 7nm TR4 and 7nm AMD GPUs to upgrade.

Me too. 4.2 should be more than sufficient. My last board didn't OC worth a shit. A 970 krait. Fucker died anyway...shitty VRM and cooling. If anyone is buying used avoid that board.
As soon as someone gives me a compelling reason I will upgrade whippersnapper!

Once you get the Giga board, set the VCORE to 1.38125, set the load line calibration to medium if it has it, disable all the turbo and power saving features, and go for the highest multiplier you can get, boot up at 4.5, and lower it by have a multi until it stops failing prime 95 small fft and you will have a stable daily OC that doesn't heat the room.

Attached: muh watts.jpg (4032x3024, 2.3M)

>have a multi
half a multiplier*

damn, feelin better about my 2400G right now

Attached: dance.gif (328x272, 261K)

My negroid compatriot.

Attached: muh-Ryzen.jpg (733x527, 50K)

as a proud ryzen owner, faildozer was garbage. I feel so awful for anyone who bought that rotting pile of shit.

>brought to you by your friendly neighbor alien

Attached: An-alien-is-waving-to-offer-a-friendly-greeting-from-outer-space-Shutterstock-800x430.png (800x430, 354K)

>rocking

Attached: 1541683035825.png (753x960, 29K)

My fellow black person. I still have a 4100.
Doesn't get shittier than that.

Damn user, can your boards bios be updated to handle an 8350? the performs gains would be pretty large.

still with 8350 and 970. it's been worth it for the money i paid 3 years ago. only going to upgrade for maybe cyberpunk in a couple of years.

Meh, this bitch purrs along at 4.5GHz without breaking a sweat. Browser still browses. YouTube still plays.

Ayy?

Yup. I had an anemic A6-5400k for a long time but then I upgraded to a A10-6800k about a year ago.

It's not terrible.

FX-6350
Waiting for Zen2, 3700x

FX-8350 here lads
Shintel will NEVER have the world record overclocking CPU

I'm still amazed how AMD got the FX 8350's clocks to 4GHz stock with only 20 pipeline stages, Intel's cedar mill had 31 stages and topped out at 3.6 with one core while FX had 8.

6300 still rocking after 4 years.

860k here. Probably never gonna upgrade unless it catches fire.

>Cheap unlocked CPU with PCIe 3.0
That's kinda impressive, FX didn't even get PCIe 3.0 nor was it ever shrunken down to 28nm.

Attached: Untitled.png (1572x652, 62K)

Amd fx 8310 here, haven't run into any speed issues yet. Holds up rather well.

reporting in

FX-6100 reporting in. Still fine for what I do, desu.

Attached: speccy.png (764x532, 50K)

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-5-2400G-vs-AMD-Ryzen-3-2200G/m433194vsm441832

reminder that an 80 dolla memezen beats the most powerful fx chip ever made
>inb4 hurr of course current tech will beat old tech
fx was shit since conception and you're a contrarian to stay on it or defending it in the year of our lord

(((They))) get lazy when they go so long without a serious challenge.

>Still fine for what I do
Let me guess, shitposting and youtube?

The only reason to still use fx, or even buy it today (other than being a poorfag) is that it out the fastest mainstream CPU without hardware botnet
But using it for that requires a whole new lvl of autism

FX-6350 @ 4.4GHz, could probably push it further.
I wanted to upgrade, but fuck having to buy a new MB and overpriced DDR4 RAM

Pretty much. I barely play games, so I don't feel the need to upgrade. Might plan to, tho.

FX8370
not planning upgrading until my mobo dies, shit works perfectly

>tfw 8370 is a 9590 but 4ghz base clock
I'll have to get one and see how it clocks compared to 8350.

>pretty damn fast CPU without botnet
>Can install XP on it with full support and its faster than having a Core 2 box
I was keeping an optiplex around for retro stuff but having an ATX machine that's kinda modern is nice to have, so I reluctantly sold the optiplex for $100.

Attached: IMG_0232.jpg (2933x2889, 2.41M)

I play alot of games but there just hasn't been anything released in yet that my FX won't run that I actually want to play. But here's a short list of stuff I run at 1080p max settings just fine with an 8320e.
Alien isolation
Resident evil 7
TERA (before it got fucked via Korean spyware)
Deus ex: mankind divided
Hitman 2016
Doom 2016
Witcher 3
Path of exile
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series

An assorted assload of other stuff. Point is whether it's a gaming chip or not I play whatever the fuck I want at 1080p just fine so why the fuck should I upgrade. Nothing compelling has been released lately I give two shits about that actually requires more than an FX chip.

Besides I own a computer to have fun and accomplish some work. I don't give one hot shit about benchmarks or performance if my shit already runs perfectly well.

If there was a compelling reason to upgrade maybe I would. But there isn't and likely won't be for the foreseeable future. Maybe when 7nm ryzen hits.

>I own a computer to have fun and accomplish some work.
Even more reason to get Ryzen. Not even Intel's best can beat it, let alone an Fx.

I'm on an FX6300 right now but once the parts for my new build arrive, I'll be on a Ryzen 5 2600.

>FX processor
Disgusting
x4 860k master race

>No of Cores: 4 (in 2 physical modules)
It's the same thing, family.

Attached: amd_fx8350_8_core_cpu_1504700744_6b25d1e40.jpg (826x818, 172K)

4350 niggaaaaaaa

FX-6300 here
Got it quite late, I should have waited for the new stuff but got impatient

>tfw bought board in early 2017 and finished the build in mid 2017
No raegrets

Attached: 2017-08-15-474.jpg (4000x2248, 1.25M)

Ryzen doesn't do anything my FX isn't already doing just fine. Why should I spend money on shit I don't need?

>Why should I spend money on shit I don't need?
This, I got ripped on so hard for building my FX machine, but it was dramatically cheap at the time, the gooks weren't being assholes about ram and you could get 16GB 1866 for $80, then it jumped to $150 and ryzen became the go-to for budget builds.

Attached: I am growing stronger.jpg (4000x2248, 1.73M)

It depends on what you do with it. If you play only older stuff it will work perfectly fine. I recently build someone a Phenom II X6 rig, I doubt you can get a better CPU to build a sub 150 € gaming PC. I looked into used i5s but these sell like gold if you want a mainboard too. The Phenom runs at 3.9 Ghz and will do most things fine for 1-2 years. Then he will just get a used 1600 because they are becoming more and more dirt cheap.

I rocked my 8320 @4.7ghz until this last friday, that cpu used an HD 5750 an HD 7770 and a RX 470

Now im on a 1700 with a GTX 1080, its fucking light and day.

The 8320 is on a "new" pc with a 480gb ssd and a GT1030 (office use will be his death) and runs just perfect @3.0ghz with 1.18v.

I like it still. It's fast enough for what I do, but I want to upgrade so I can tinker with modern emulators a bit more.

> Phenom II X6
Outdated because no AVX or whatever big studios use for compiling their Denuvo-ridden trash. Not that bad, but not modern. FX-8150, on the other hand, isn't worse and 8350 is slightly better.

Phenoms still make absolutely awesome retro XP and Vista machines. Can still do some light gaming. Nothing wrong with phenom.

Nothing wrong with a little office use an an fx 8 core. I think they make great home servers because they have 6 sata 3 ports

> retro
> XP and Vista
I'm too old for this shit.