Is Go worth learning? I only know pajeet tier languages like Java, PHP and Python

Is Go worth learning? I only know pajeet tier languages like Java, PHP and Python.

Attached: header.jpg (600x239, 35K)

It will fit right in.

learn at least one compiled language
like C or c++

If you're just trying to learn Go will be much easier than c++. I just don't know any real world use cases for Go besides hobbyist tier stuff and then big scale stuff you'll never touch at like netflix or google proper.

if you write something really cool in Go
google might hire you but chances are low

Go is compiled.

kek

yes I said "like"

>Is Go worth learning?
yes

Attached: 1531968981165.gif (304x276, 457K)

Java is compiled. C/C++ are ancient, unless you are doing embedded systems do C#.

I'm learning C but I'm advancing very slowly because it feels ancient, no strings, no collections, no objects, etc. I want to learn C to some degree before diving in C++-

It's so easy to learn that if you have any interest in containers/web backend, why not ?

Learn elixir you dumbass

Elixir is dead, it gained absolutely zero traction. Even Nim looks more alice.

It's still very new though, the only reason to learn go is for concurrency, And elixir is better for that, but since normies can't learn FP at all it will always be niche.

>It's still very new
>First appeared 2011; 7 years ago
:-D

Wait for go v2 and give it a go only if they add generics

ascend and learn haskell or lisp

>being a brainlet

>No strings
>No collections
Don't be a tardy tard
>No objects
Good

Nobody but unix tards program in C anymore. C is just fancy assembler. You don't write applications in that shit.

No, YOU don't write applications in that shit.

Microcontrollers; extentions for languages, written in C; compilers...

Until RUST gets popular