Why does nobody talk about pirating anymore

Why does nobody talk about pirating anymore.
From 1996-2010 it's all you ever fucking heard about related to the internet and music. Now nobody talks about at all. Like ever.
And here on Jow Forums nobody talks about what format or place to download music. Did everyone decide on a method and not tell me?If so could you illuminate me below in the comments section?* I just asked 3 of my friends who are in their early 20s (im old) and they just looked at me like "download what?" and had no answer.
How out of touch am I, and what am I missing?

Attached: 1542474334263.png (770x674, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/thread/S68535774
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They all use streaming services

We just had this thread though

warosu.org/g/thread/S68535774

I use soulseek for music.

Fuck off already NSA

This. Also you can usually pirate from a streaming service or two. Right now Deezer is the one you can get your shit off of. Little googling or redditing and you would have figured it out. Pirating music now is actually easier than ever.

OP pirated that

>Did everyone decide on a method and not tell me
Yes, check the catalog

Sekrit klub forum with OCH links since that's less dangerous where I live.

"services"
They are not services, the tech industry needs to get with the time and come up with some other word. Calling their "services" a service is spitting on actual services that require finite time to be used every time the service is performed such as a haircut, car repair, massage, etc.
One of the many reasons I pirate, fuck paying for digital distribution.

Are they not SERVING you content?

>serving content from a server
>not a service

I use my friend's spotify account to record tracks using audacity, if you set the speaker as the recording device it only records the audio output from your computer, it actually sounds just as clear as the original

honestly it's a good thing people are talking about it less, companies won't bother with counter piracy

Because (((they))) figured out how to make money without selling you anything.

This.
For a few shekels a month, you get to say you're on the right side of the media consumption law.

Very few people care about hoarding media anymore anyway. Most people don't watch movies more than once.

Attached: 1481590787422.jpg (480x411, 29K)

40% of the music I listen to can't be found on those streaming services so no it sucks

Torrent or soulseek

A word can have several different meanings.
An automated system can "service" your company by scanning it for problems or something, but that doesn't mean it is a service since it is relatively infinite. It doesn't fit the definition that actual and non scum services abide by. You are vehemently defending objectively scum companies calling themselves something they are not to make themselves look good.
Also, they do not serve me anything since I pirate.
Paid digital distribution should be illegal.
or you could torrent
Been getting all my music from rutracker after I found out about that site

>music
Deezloader
>games
private tracker
fitgirl repacks
goodolddownloads.com
>movies
can literally find these anywhere, even on irc through xdcc

not much is worth even stealing at this point
what I do download usually is purchased off bandcamp

Pirate was way more convenient than going to a store, waiting in line, pre ordering or wait for your product arrive. Now streaming and download services are real and is way way more convenient than pirating. The problem was not pirating, the problem was the services.

Getting movies, musics and shits got way more convenient. Don't think nobody pirate anything though, it's so normal to pirate shits it's not even worth mentioning.

Digital only is why I pirate now, especially games. Prices aren't low enough to justify the fact you aren't buying a game anymore, only giving a donation to a company and as consolation get a license to access files from their server. Piracy gives me the only thing Steam offers that I need, access to the files, but piracy gives it to me in a superior and more convenient manner without even taking into consideration that it is free. Steam would have to go down to a flat rate of 25 cents for me to even consider it, but I would keep pirating anyways. You are spewing the same kike shit the industry does, only acknowledging the one thing digital has going for it and not acknowledging the advantages of physical or disadvantages of paid digital distribution.
Fuck off Gabe

I use the good ol' Pirate Bay to download albums in FLAC format. Other times i just make a playlist on JewTube when i'm feeling lazy.