pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
Deskthority, Geekhack, Massdrop
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page

Last Thread

Attached: dev titty.jpg (4048x3036, 1.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/kprepublic-139-Japanese-root-Japan-blue-cyan-font-language-Cherry-profile-Dye-Sub-Keycap-PBT-for/32903431177.html
novelkeys.xyz/collections/switches
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>JIS keyboard
>remapping the japanese modifiers to meme modifiers such as hyper or "greek letters"
living the meme :^)

Those the new smaller x-axis stem box switches? Have you found any stressmarks on the GMK caps? I've read some niggas complaining that even the new box switches fuck up their GMK caps.

Attached: board with 88s.jpg (2400x1600, 1.36M)

*bottoms out hard*

I need to build some more keyboards while I wait for ship to shit. Tf you niggins want in a board

I'm drunk af send help.

>Budget
Less than 200
>Location
USA
>Layout
100%, thinking about trying tkl but too used to numpad to be confident without it
>Switch
I've only used blues, I like the tactile feeling and I'm used to the noise by now. I've heard other switches are better for gaming, though and I'm willing to branch out.
>Backlight
Doesn't really matter. RGB is cool and all but not necessary as I'd probably leave it on one solid color anyway, or turn it off altogether

What are best keyboards I can get for (less than) $100?

tada86 with the metal case for around 140 on black friday
should I go for it? It works with QMK too.
What switches should I go with though? I don't like click jackets.

How's the Ducky One 2? Was thinking of picking it up.

Yeah I'm getting on this user, aliaz 70g for me and a lo-pro case

forgot pic
also getting the chink board because it's too cheap not to buy

Attached: chinkshitkeyboards.png (1119x1555, 716K)

topre.

Attached: 1450968264910.png (256x256, 119K)

Does Corsair make a TKL with a USB passthrough? I love my K70, especially for the passthrough placement but I'd rather have the extra space.

I'm in need of a new keyboard and have decided to go mechanical. I was thinking of getting a Rosewill RK-9000V2 with blue switches, but people online have said the browns are better. I've only used membrane keyboards so I don't know who to trust.

GMMK with Box Navies

Cooler Master Pro L with PBT keycaps and blue switches on amazon is a better value. Worst case scenario is if you don't like it you can return it

>tada86
kdbfans standalone site shows it even cheaper, they keyboard should be Bluetooth enable do

no the "pro" doesn't have qmk support. fuck bluetooth I need my layers

But the cooler master is $30 more, what makes it a better value?

iKBC CD108 good?
I'm trying to find a cheap but good full-size mechanical keyboard with PBT keycaps on amazon.com to ship it to Japan.

idk m9 that looks like 104 to me

Patrician

Actually it's 20 bucks more.
Well for one thing the Cooler Master has much better build quality. The PBT keycaps alone make huge difference, even if they're laser etched. Plus the Cooler Master keyboard uses a better controller so it has features like programmable media keys that you can customize to fit your needs.

Ah they don't seem to have the Tada68 in the high profile case with Aliaz switches, only in the low profile. Is there a technical reason for this or should I see if they'll build it with the Aliaz if I add a set to cart?

>metal case

why?

Found some real old winkeyless keyboard in server room with cyrillic mx-compatible caps. Decided to play dress up for a bit.

Attached: IMG_20181122_110320.jpg (3840x2160, 2.63M)

Gotta change it all back though. ABS is not my thing after all.

Attached: IMG_20181122_110647.jpg (3840x2160, 2.6M)

Can't help but see "FAG" on caps with cyrillic sublegends.

that is the high profile case, pic related.
If you want non gat/cherry you should probably just order off the site.
I'm gonna go with gateron blacks I think.

Attached: 2018-11-21-1542859891.png (1018x609, 299K)

/dev/tty is only avaiable on massdrop? I can't find it anywher else.

Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro L White LED or Filco Majestouch 2?
The price is the same.

It's a massdrop exclusive, so yeah

Yes, though since the drop is over the only place you can get them right now is mechmarket or whatever. There is the godspeed MT3 drop that's happening in a few weeks at least.

That's sad, thanks btw

Neither.
Get a Leopold with doubleshot PBT instead

That's not the question user.
Leopold is double the price. If anything, I can buy a full PBT keycap set somewhere down the line and it'll still end up being cheaper.

Can't wait to get it. Will be my first keycap set :^)

Then get the Filco since their build quality is on par with Leopold with the exception of their keycaps.

I did about 3 years of research and I'm confident I have a set of three broad board options, with some switch suggestions, and a really good knowledge of the keycaps currently available for everything.
What's the best way to use this info so that mkg posters end up with the best possible board for their money? I know for certain that $119 on a prebuilt is so much worse than what's capable(without solder) with this general info that its worth the effort.
I could just write it down on pastebin but on today's 4channel it feels like anything short of consistent shilling won't work and I don't want to do that.
Info graphic/guide maybe?

you need to solder on a controller to get programmability with leopolds right?

Depends on which model you get. Some don't need to.

Gonna get any of the other meme alphas then?

Attached: andro_kobe_a.png (1920x1082, 1.46M)

Don't bother. We did that once and the whole guide became outdated in less then a month. We tried it again and the same thing happened.

Not for now, but I wish. Do you have it?

>Leopold is double the price
What shithole do you live in? Leopolds usually cost 20-30 bucks more, at least here in America.

It ain't out yet m8. I do have the dev/tty set though.

Pastebin at least could work, easy to update, or just write a page in the installgentoo wiki

Alright, thank you.
I'm really trying to get a half-decent keyboard but everything is either unavailable/doesn't ship to Japan/shit.
Filco is available here (and it's relatively cheap) and so are the keycaps.

That's what we did, and most people don't have the autism to update it every week so it became outdated very quickly.

Oops, didn't know that. Just started lurking about mks two weeks ago. /dev/tty and the meme japanese keycaps from kbdfans looks very nice from the ones I already saw.

When will keylets learn?

Attached: E306F474-8159-49AF-8761-EF5EBE0514CF.jpg (4032x3024, 1.69M)

They never will

Attached: tipro128_23.jpg (700x193, 88K)

>60% keyboard are stupid

Prove me wrong

Im wanting a hoptswap 75% board, specifically the KBD75. does anyone know if the hotswap sockets will fit into the PCB for it?

What would something like this be used for?

What switches are your Filco?

Is cooler master really that of a good keyboard? Or is it one guy constantly shilling it.

Also using comparison so I can have an idea, cooler master masterkeys pbt L vs ducky zero non-backlit, which is better?

Cash registers

Attached: Tipro.jpg (741x233, 146K)

It seems you can solder Mill-Max sockets in.

PBT>ABS so the cooler Master is better
Personally I'd get a Leopold since those are the best prebuilts you can get.

Is Filco Majestouch 2 better than Ducky Shine 4/5?
Assuming the keycaps will be replaced on either.

Most definitely yes. That said the shine 5 is one of the best built RGB keyboard you can get, but if you don't want RGB then get the Filco. The shine 4 is garbage, don't bother with it.

IS HHKB LAYOUT A MEME COMPARED TO 60% normal layouts?

Yes.

Not really. They just removed the redundant keys to streamline it a bit

Just get the Ducky, Filco's overpriced.

By the way. How can I get a full JIS set of double-shot PBT keys?

>want mx blacks
>rare in this dumbass country

Attached: 1289758210727.jpg (298x200, 17K)

wheennnnnn are we getting xda blank keycaps in black rreeeee

i dont see why pmk cant crank some out

At first I couldn't think of a single set but then I realized that all you really need is a kit with a bunch of extra mods.
Your best bet is probably going to be enjoyPBT sets from kbdfans or cheaper alternatives like this one aliexpress.com/item/kprepublic-139-Japanese-root-Japan-blue-cyan-font-language-Cherry-profile-Dye-Sub-Keycap-PBT-for/32903431177.html
Maxkey SA from kbdfans is also possible because they sell a colorful add on kit for the mods, or GMK from originative(massdrop and mk.com picked up a lot of their inventory and marked it up) or better yet a group buy in which you order extra modifier kits.
I would also just browse aliexpress for the kind of caps you want(double shot, dye sub, pbt, or abs, cherry or oem profiles, etc) as you may find other sets with extra mods.
Btw how is JIS? People told me to avoid it when I bought my topre but I always thought using all those extra bottom row keys as extra modifiers would open up a ton of new keybinds.

Do you have access to chink importing by like aliexpress and shit? I can hook you up with a dirt cheap hotswap 60% so you can get far better linears than just stock mx blacks.
Linears in particular NEED lube. The shittiest linear(outemu reds i guess) lubed are gonna be better than retooled cherry mx rgb blacks.
I would get a gk61 pcb from pc-100.com and then gateron linears, 62g springs, and tribosys lube. Pick keycaps and case from aliexpress.
This is good because you can spend $20 on your keycaps or $100. $7 on your case or $60 for sick aluminum. Maybe buy the $7 plastic case now and upgrade to a nice aluminum one down the road.
It's just a far better typing experience in every possible way. Grow tired of linears? Build some ergoclears, throw in some box navies, etc. You retain access to the best typing experience possible at all times through hotswap.
Don't like 60%? No problem, GMMK is available in TKl and Full size with hotswap. Zhuque teamwolk CIY is an ugly TKL but it's cheap. There are also cheap hotswap planck PCBs.
This is basically what I was talking about here I no longer think it is worth it to buy prebuilts for most people who would be on Jow Forums in the first place

Why are mechanical keyboards so damn tall. Are there any good low-profile ones? Preferably with a non-gamer style.

I don't know about non-gayman style but there are low profile ones. Ideally you would find a way to use the low profile switches form novelkeys.xyz/collections/switches but if you can't just search amazon for low profile mechanical to find whats available.
Don't be too afraid to spend a couple bucks on a non mechanical scissor switch keyboard. I type the fastest on my shitty laptop that I have maybe 20 hours of use on in 3 years.

Attached: lowproforanon.jpg (4032x3024, 878K)

Thank you. Then I think I'll grab Ducky Shine5 and upgrade the keycaps somewhere down the line.
>Btw how is JIS?
Eh. I prefer ANSI, but you can get used to JIS.
Practically speaking, I have no problems switching between three languages including Kanji/Kana switch on ANSI. On JIS you have dedicated buttons for those actions but they feel rather excessive than necessary.
The regular 3u spacebar is a tad bit too short, but the 4.5u one is perfectly fine in my opinion.
Enter key shape is technically a disadvantage, but a minor one - it's not hard to get used to reaching a bit further to press it.
Half-width backspace isn't an issue for me, but I tend to overreach to the ANSI backspace anyway. If you're used to pressing it on the left corner you'll need to get used to it.
The layout itself is kinda shit, but again - nothing you can't get used to.
>having to hold Alt for the backslash
>apostrophe being Shift + 7
>quotes on Shift + 2
>asterisk, plus, minus, equals, underscore, brackets and at mark placements
are the main difference for your day to day use I had noticed using a JIS keyboard for coding.

same functionality of a bigger board in a smaller package. I find the portability really useful, particularly because I use colemak

I could actually see those as being huge disadvantages for me. Kind of sucks because the JIS hhkb and realforce are some of the most aesthetic prebuilt keyboards available imo
look at this shit i wanna hotglue it

Attached: waifu.jpg (1080x608, 58K)

ever considered a career in sales?

no i'm horrible at talking but i think using the mkg thread as an excuse to type a bunch of stuff on my keyboards is kind of poetic
on the other hand if you're calling me a shill I talked about like 6 different companies products so, only thing i want to do is shill hotswap to casuals who want prebuilts

Eh. I actively dislike 60% and this one looks like it's a 60% that tries to not be 60% - then why be 60% in the first place?
I like versatility for my keyboards. Functional keys for extra bindings; NumPad for roguelikes, calculator, and simply typing in lots of numbers comfortably when required; Home and End because fuck typing and navigating without them, etc.
Honestly, ANSI has literally 4 keys I don't use.
Hiragana shit is shit, actually. I don't think I've seen any Japanese use the actual hiragana layout - it's always romaji to kana. Sure, some people can type like that and that's faster, but the vast majority doesn't even bother learning the hiragana layout.
The point being - hiragana legend is mostly pointless noise. There's nothing aesthetic about it.
To be fair, JIS (or really just a mutated ISO in this case) will have minimal impact on you getting used to the keyboard compared to all the retarded key placements.

well not to fear the JIS realforce is also gorgeous. It really is just a 60% though, plenty of 60% layouts with arrows.
I have at least 5 different layout keyboards and have absolutely no preference between any of them and think how strongly people defend their favorite layout is a bit silly.
Like it doesn't matter to me if I need to hit f5, control r, fn+5, etc to refresh. Don't enter numbers enough to have any preference between number row or pad and so on and so fourth.
I dont actually know japanese or wish to type in it I just thought the layout looked really nice and that the extra modifiers on the bottom row would allow for way more keybinds than ansi

Attached: MD-23152_20160708101924_c753a5d251e9ce84.jpg (955x637, 102K)

Can't you just build your own keyboard then?

well yeah i just passingly asked "how is jis btw" because I decided against getting it in the past even though i think the jis topres are the best looking versions

I'd say you should just make something like ANSI with the bottom row being similar to JIS.
The language itself is the main reason behind the layout (and the bindings) and there are more special symbols used daily in Japanese. You won't really need those buttons, so there's no real need to sacrifice the comfort of ANSI's Enter and Backspace keys.
Meanwhile, the limit for bottom row goes down to the size of the spacebar you will be still comfortable with.
And then, there's that L-shaped enter key...

>Budget
ideally less than 150.
>Location (continent at least)
USA
>Preferred switch type
The quieter the better, but if it's cheap then I can handle the clicky. I think that I want stiff switches, but not 100% sure.
>Layout
ANSI, I intend to later use either Pudding Keycaps/Translucent Bottoms, or Border-lit keycaps, but it isn't a huge deal if I have to drop them. pic related.
>Form factor
100% every key. Don't really care for dedicated media keys but they'd be nice
>Backlight
full RGB is preferred.
>Previous/current keyboards
cheap stock keyboards.

also I'm aware that a bunch of people shit on razer/corsair, but I saw that a blackwidow v2 for sale for $85. On the other hand, I've heard that some keycaps won't work with it, but some people state that it's only the bottom row that fails, while others just say it's the windows key that has problems. I don't really care about "dude videogaems lmao", just want to know if it's a decent deal or if there are better deals out there.

Attached: keycaps.png (1301x518, 1.02M)

yes, i have access to aliexpress and shit but i don't want a 60% board, i need my function keys. do you have suggestions or a part picker for it?

Are gateron linears the best in your opinion, if not, then what?
It was a good sales pitch, thats all, id certainly consider it if I was in the market

I thought I addressed that actually. So the goal is to be able to have access to your switches before using them, right? This lets you change the housing, the spring, the stem, add lube, etc. If you want a linear you just buy a good one(cherry or gateron red/black is fine), some $10 sprit springs, and lube.
To get access to the switch you need either hotswap or the ability to solder. If you're willing to solder a keyboard together(trivial) then you have a shit ton of options. I'm assuming you don't want to do that. So that having been said these are your options:
GMMK(Glorious modular keyboard) - Comes in TKL and full size ansi
TeamWolf Zhuque - Comes in TKL and is cheaper than GMMK but is kind of ugly imo
Prothero Spektrum - Full size with rgb but has a volume wheel
Any cheap keyboard with "DIY Blue switches"(shit ton of layouts) - An example is the E-Element Z88. These are hotswapable but ONLY with outemu housings. Basically you buy better switches, pop out the outemus, put in your better stems, springs, and lube them, then pop them back in.
>are gaterons the best
best value probably. Not that big of a difference between lubed MX Black/red, gateron, or greetech. If you're super lazy the Wooting One comes with god tier linears stock but its pricey

I'm most definitely getting the mars alts too and he kobe kit with it. I'm hoping they do another Massdrop Recap this december for the christmas shoppers. Crossing my fingers to pick up a Serika and Laser Gaijin set.

if this keyboard so expensive why THEY not include small screen with ESP wifi chiip in it?
it will be perfect mobile computer

Attached: wantTHIS.jpg (1416x1424, 464K)

So my MK750 just arrived.

First time typing on a mechanical keyboard. It feels AMAZING, but is fucking loud.

Now, one of the reasons why I got it was because I'm a writer, and got somewhat burned out.

That it certainly has helped with, however now I don't feel good enough to be typing on it - I'm between 65 and 80 WPM depending on what I am writing.

I'm starting into touch-typing, but so far, it doesn't feel like it's making much of a difference despite the difference in form.

How long did it take y'all to adjust to mechanical, and how long should I expect to be training before I can type at 90+ WPM?

the kailh ones will not. they can be used only on a handful of pcbs because they basically have to be made specifically for those hotswap sockets

>Budget
Under 150€
>Location
Northern Europe
>Layout
tenkeyless ISO
>Switch
MX Black or equivalent
>Backlight
It'd be nice, but not required

the rgb hhkb tofu is up for preorder
does anyone turn their backlighting off because it's too bright/blinding/distracting?
I like underglow quite a lot but I'm not sure if I'd like backlight as well

Attached: HTB1NFH1JYuWBuNjSszgq6z8jVXa1.jpg (1000x964, 881K)

Jesus Christ what a useless keyboard.

I agree, I wish it was a standard layout 60%. hhkb is an outdated layout from a time without full programmability

Any keyboard less than 100% is useless

How do we stop the vortex core menace?

Attached: 1540739024674.png (1400x433, 498K)

friendly reminder that Oetemu switches are superior to dogshit Gaterons and Kailh switches