Pie update available for mi a2

>pie update available for mi a2
>see whats different
>hideous as fuck quick settings
>useless gesture navigation
>ios ripoff program switcher
>less options for things like do not disturb

Is there ANY reason to switch to pie? It really does just seem worse overall. I mean look at this shit. Guess im sticking with oreo.

Attached: Android-P-quick-settings-menu-Pixel-XL-1[1].jpg (1920x1280, 1.96M)

The gesture navigation is a huge improvement and I will never go back

Google employees need to justify their jobs by "innovating" something that already works. Unless you care about security updates, just keep the old version

Dont forget about that inbuilt AI that watches what you do with your phone and reconfigures it according to your uses.

You're swiping to do anything that took a simple tap. How is that an improvement?

It isn't cause default Pie gestures are fucking retarded. Whole point of gestures should be to get rid of the navbar. Thank jesus for OnePlus.

Xiaomi's gestures are pretty great.

Except when they stop working altogether or cause application aspect ratio issues.

>Android pooPie
yikes

Attached: 487333D0-EC4D-41F4-B715-84B601022753.jpg (1200x800, 215K)

>iOS creamPie
bueno

The idea is that with Android's current three-button system, you tap the square and then swipe vertically to get through the list of apps, when instead you could just grab the home pill thingy and drag it to the left or right.
Too bad Google implementation is garbage.

Why would anyone want stock Android when you can buy superior chink shit with MIUI 10.2?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-22-01-43-48-572_org.floens.chan.dev.png (1080x2160, 225K)

It's more stable than Oreo

Phone screens are massive nowadays, it's simpler to do a gesture from the side of the screen where your fingers usually are than reaching all the way down to tap.

Based and redpilled

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-22-10-01-33-937_org.floens.chan.png (1080x2246, 282K)

Honestly, I think Google needs to clean house for the android design team. I don't know what the fuck happened, but it feels like they're a bunch of apple deepthroaters who looked at ios and mimicked it almost exactly. This started all the way back at Marshmallow with bullshit like the bottom navigation tabs directly from ios and pie is honestly a blatant copy. Pie has done nothing apart from remove functionality and look more like ios. The only slight improvement I can see in Pie, is the animation of banner notifications hiding themselves do the material circle minimize thing which looks pretty.

Google should look at getting back the design team who decided to do things their own way in Ice Cream Sandwich and get them to all work on the design again and fix the clusterfuck that is material design 2. Everything about it is worse than was in MD1.
Get hamburger menus back, reinstate top swipeable tabs, use snackbars and toasts more, de-cuck the notification drawer, unfuck the multitasking UI, revamp the app drawer, make new and better widgets, implement a fucking dark mode that you've been talking about for literally years and FUCKING BRING BACK CRT OFF ANIMATION.
I truly respected Google and stock android for a long time, but each iteration makes it worse now.

This is the most disturbing thing about android. It's so ugly now, the chink UIs are actually way better than it.
samsung's touchjizz ui used to look like hot trash, but they've actually done a better job than google at their own game now. What the fuck happened?

Well foundations for current android UI where laid by this guy and his sense for aesthetics (puke in mouth a little).

Attached: matias_duarte_google_portrait4.jpg (1409x939, 1.36M)

You shut the fuck up. Matias Duarte designed both Holo and Material Design and created a beautiful UI. This cunt is the one who's ruined android while shoving an apple branded dildo up his anus.

Attached: dickhead.png (400x400, 253K)

>Material Design

Yeah, can't stand that thing. For me personally it's ugly, space wasting, blinding white piece of shit and so is the guy who made it.

Attached: 14347992238_013f2d0545_b.jpg (1024x768, 379K)

Blinding white is absolutely correct. Holo was better than material for most aesthetics, but the animation system that material design put into place is very good and the material design language for icons was great to have consistently designed icons across the whole UI.
Material design 2 can choke on a dick though. It's just material design, more blindingly white and with unnecessary outlines on everything and shit. Revolting

Android hasn't been good since KitKat, both software and hardware wise, and if you don't agree then you're just a colossal faggot.

Is this true?
Pie's source will be released and the gods at Lineage will get rid of it. R-right guys?

>white blinding
Fuck are you talking about Material design spec allows for dark UI and dark mode even.
It's your shitty app developers fault for not implementing it.

The """AI""" is offline and open source.

Weak bait.

Emui 8.1 is comfy

D I V E R S I T Y H I R E S

Android Poo was a mistake. 8.1 master race. This is like Windows 8.1 vs 10 all over again.