/mpv/ - the (mostly) best video player

We should have these threads more often.
Is haasn alive again what's wm4 doing?

Attached: vpc.png (242x248, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

elecard.com/videos
github.com/batraz90/mpv-webm/tree/test
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>what's wm4 doing?
nothing mpv related

i'm going to test dav1d-git now

for some reason tho, waterfox doesnt like me using ffmpeg-git, video sites other than jewtube crash with a libavcodec error

how do i change all the keys for mpv ?
* and / (or 9 and 0) are stupid for volume changing, i want to use up/down

input.conf

Is dav1d as library in ffmpeg yet and can mpv use it? If so guess ill build it and see

dav1d-git is available, which is what i'm going to be testing
had to rebuild again disabling libaom tho

>can mpv use it
screen from the other thread, apparently so

Attached: 1542857720976.jpg (3840x2160, 2.6M)

ooo nice thanks. this makes mpv 20% cooler

so using ffmpeg-git/dav1d-git, using the first set of videos from here
elecard.com/videos
4k is unplayable, lots of dropped frames
1080p is barely playable, not as many drops
720p is okaish, a few drops here and there

i do have an old cpu (xeon 5470) so that's my limit on av1 sadly

in other words, not that much different for me than with libaom

KDE and taskbar-progress. Is there any way to make it work?

i thought that was a win10 only feature

Never tried using mpv on any other windows than 7, but it seemed to work fine there. It's the only thing I miss after moving to linux. KDE does have taskbar-progress API too, firefox uses it for example (downloading files).

put in a request on mpv github,that's how the windows one was added

Using an i7-7700HQ can play lower bitrate 4k files smoothly. 1080p is no problem.

Attached: Stream1_AV1_4K_8.5mbps_00_02_48_0001_mpv.jpg (3840x2160, 1.89M)

noice
hopefully nvidia gets off their asses and adds some basic hw support soon
other than av1 i'm good with my current set up, can do 4k/10bit/hdr with a 1050ti

Yeah, I will. Still, kinda hoped that one of you guys made, say, a bash script that changes it and a lua script which calls it. I'm not a big fan of workarounds, but it'll take some time before (and if) devs decide to add it directly to mpv.

>VideoLAN

Attached: MPV_Turbo.jpg (274x294, 92K)

Is rossy still around?

>xeon 5470
That thing lacks AVX2, of course current dav1d is going to be slow.

Unless you have a Haswell or newer, or a Ryzen, you'll have to wait until SSSE3/SSE4 code is written and committed.

Based ponynigger

I tried playing a youtube stream in mpv but it just stops after 3 seconds

unironically windows media player

Is your youtube-dl up to date?

I literally just downloaded both mpv and yt-dl
it play's whatever it buffered (1-4 seconds) and just stops
it's not my connection because I've been listening to this stream for 15 hours on youtube

Where did you download both of those..?

mpv.io, duh

idk pot player just werks for me and its easier to setup it with user friendly ui.

>no scriptability

I couldn't get mpv to play muh anime in 60fps so I just stick to MPC-HC, you just click on it and it works 60fps no problems heh

Not sure how you fucked that up. Congrats

Interpolation regardless of method compromises image quality and you should just get a real monitor that can sync in a integer multiple of 24.

it's simple
in mpc you just click a thing as opposed to going through a million obstacles in mpv for it to work

so that's why displays now have 144Hz
I was always thinking this number can't be arbitrary

>muh 60 fake fps anime
how does it feel to be a dumb redditor

still looks much better and image quality suffers only in certain situations, eat shit retard lol

Anyone know how to edit keybindings for MPV on Windows? I've added input.conf to the root directory and added some bindings to it but it doesn't seem to work. I tried putting it in a few different places according to documentation but still no luck.

Used to work for me no problem, I'm no more on windows though. Launch mpv from cmd and see if there are any errors. Maybe you fucked up the syntax.

Make a folder called mpv where the executable is. put input.conf in there. Make sure you've enabled the show known file extensions thing, so that you're able to check that the file itself is correct, i.e. it's not input.conf.txt.

I've added GPU encoding to the webm script for mpv because I use it quite often and its way quicker this way.

I've also added QuickSync and AMD options but I can't test them because I don't have the hardware for it. Could anyone with an iGPU or AMD GPU check it out? github.com/batraz90/mpv-webm/tree/test

Attached: 2018-11-23_02-43-47-[00.00.150-00.33.210].webm (1320x720, 2.83M)

>vapoursynth
Does anyone even use that anymore? I remember the old days of vapoursynth scripts for debanding.

I want a webm script where I can tweak crf/qmin/qmax without editing the script and restarting mpv and punching the timecode back in.
These are usually 10 second clips and if I do burst encodes like that it's easy to play golden eyes.

Attached: zeta.webm (640x480, 2.56M)

>I want a webm script where I can tweak crf/qmin/qmax
I'll look into it

What's there to discuss?
What is there to add?

It's pretty much a feature complete, perfect media player as is.

there's always new scripts, new commits, new shaders, new tricks
it's the neverending perfect player discussion

There's AV1