Why is Jow Forums full of CPU shills?

Why is Jow Forums full of CPU shills?

There are people on Jow Forums RIGHT NOW who are defending two large companies as if they were their family. They spend all day shilling which new 6 or 8 core CPU is better for playing games.

Meanwhile people are getting well above 60 FPS with their old Sandy Bridge or Bulldozer CPUs on a lot of popular titles. This is almost decade old technology and yet Jow Forums feels compelled to buy the newest Ryzen or Intel Lake CPU every year.

Intel continues to just give you the same old CPU every year. Sandy Bridge to Ivy Bridge led you into Devil's Canyon so you could drown in a lake of 4 core CPUs until AMD finally released something decent.

Ryzen will never catch up to Intel in the high-end CPU market because Intel will always be one step ahead in single-core performance and Adobe products run better on Intel. AMD will always be a good mid-range "gaymer" solution for people who don't want to feel cucked buying i5 processors in 2018 and beyond.

All the while these processors are barely better in terms of performance than older CPUs. So what's the point in even shilling them?

Attached: 69c02b68de7174bf495780237f58d5e1.jpg (1611x1399, 747K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu-monkey.com/en/cpu_benchmark-cinebench_r15_single_core-7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Ryzen will never catch up to Intel in the high-end CPU market because Intel will always be one step ahead in single-core performance and Adobe products run better on Intel. AMD will always be a good mid-range "gaymer" solution for people who don't want to feel cucked buying i5 processors in 2018 and beyond.

fuck off shill.

>Literally say AMD is worth buying over Intel over i3s and i5s
>Only stating facts backed up by benchmarks
>Get called a shill

The state of Jow Forums and r/amd

>backed up by benchmarks
Please do show us, because all the benchmarks I've seen put Ryzen at equal, if not better performance than Intel, for a lower price.

AMD currently beats Intel in every use case except high-end gaming, and the margin there is very small. Zen2 is going to put them back on top until Intel can figure out the problems with their 10nm, if they ever do, since it's likely whatever architecture changes they're planning rely on it and that's why they've been stagnant for so long.

>So what's the point in even shilling them?
We're on a technology board and discussing technology. Also, gabu is cute.

Keep in mind this is also an overclocked Ryzen chip against stock CPUs.

The 2600 and 2700 are between 162-167 in Cinebench in single core performance. So roughly around a 5 year old Devil's Canyon CPU.

Attached: 1542839542138.png (682x908, 52K)

I want to push my penishead against that butt

>Core i5 7640X
>Ryzen 7 2700X
are more or less on par in performance and price. This is a single thread benchmark where Intel is supposed to excel, but only an inch ahead of Ryzen. If this were a multithreaded benchmark, the Ryzen would be doing far better.

Lad, it's overclocked. It's literally almost 20 points lower at stock which is what most people run at anyway.

Nobody cares fag.
Post more gabu or shut the fuck up.

What? Ryzen 7 2700X without OC is only 3 points lower on that bench. At least that's what the
>@ 4.4 GHz
implies

I'm shilling 2500K since 2011

Most Cinebench results I see places it in the mid to high 160's

gabu is shit

NPCs don't have a real identity, so they use the items they own to define them. This is why there are a lot of poor people buying luxury products despite their poor financial position.

Attached: Screenshot_20181121-220642__01.jpg (147x181, 12K)

I wanna sniff Gabu's ass

But that's where poop comes from!

sataniass > gaybu

>184 - 180 = 20

Attached: ultimate brainlet faceless void wojak.png (765x631, 61K)

How can people unironically claim that Satania is superior to Gab.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

Look up Ryzen 2700x cinebench scores and you'll find most people are in the 160's with a few outlier s in the low 170's.

Because the picture isn't clear. When you account for faster low latency RAM you actually get slightly FASTER performance than on an intel i7-8700K system with 2666MHz RAM (what sub $100 intel motherboards are restricted to.

This leads to questioning if purchasing an intel system with less cores and requires ~$200 AIOs is worth it at all.

Attached: Comb10102018092249.jpg (641x2895, 365K)

>not Raph

Attached: 5999680b19f2c879edd46ccbca52c7f4.jpg (1920x1080, 179K)

I know and understand this completely. I may wanna sniff Gabs ass but I wanna take Satania and bring her to the light by fucking her begina with my benis tenderly

Literally on your chart it's 180, right below the 2700X overclock, which puts it tied with the i5 8600. Apparently you can't read.

>99% of people experience a lower experience
>a CPU with a stock clock of 3.7 overclocked to 4.4ghz only gets a score increase of 3
>My 6700k goes from 178 to 192 at 4.5ghz

Yeah definitely believable retard.

>Ryzen will never catch up to Intel in the high-end CPU market because Intel will always be one step ahead in single-core performance and Adobe products run better on Intel. AMD will always be a good mid-range "gaymer" solution for people who don't want to feel cucked buying i5 processors in 2018 and beyond
Fuck off shill.

Gab doesn't bathe and has no tits

user, that's damn good. Pheromone party!

You're the one that posted the chart you glue huffing retard. You literally just didn't even realize the non-OC 2700X was on there, so you tried to make up your own numbers to shill Intel. Now you're backpeddling and telling people to find numbers that corroborate your own made up shit.

Oops, looks like PCWorld got a similar single core score from the 2700x! :^)

Attached: 9900k_vs_all_cinebench_1t-100777239-orig.jpg (1175x703, 159K)

ralph a shit

Oops, looks like cpu-monkey.com/en/cpu_benchmark-cinebench_r15_single_core-7 has the 2700x at 177 single core score! :^)

Intel's single core performance is only like 10% better.
Single core performance only matters for old video games anyway, all real work depends on getting the highest price/performance ratio which MAD will forever hold the advantage in especially with their chiplet manufacturing and higher core count (each core having near parity with Scamtel's).

The future is Haiku, the future is multithreaded.

Oh no! Looks like TechSpot has the 2700x at 178! :^)

Attached: Cinebench-single.png (1327x1222, 45K)

pedo

sure got em

Attached: 232002bb.jpg (1360x1920, 160K)

Anime image board

Attached: HorribleSubs_Zombieland_Saga_06_720p.mkv_snapshot_09.03_2018.11.08_19.08.33.jpg (1280x720, 252K)

I'm not doing a simple Google search for you mongoloid.

>Charts show a $220 8600k is outperforming it
My bad I just got BTFO dude!

>2D
>Pedo
What?

Attached: Screenshot_20181102_at_16.28.05.png (1392x820, 536K)

Jow Forums is full of pedophiles

more news at 11

/v/eddit crossboarders.

>Gets caught lying, tries to move the goalposts
>Pretends not to know the difference between single core and multi-threaded performance
(You)

Attached: Cinebench-multi.png (1327x1222, 46K)

why are these fags still here

Attached: 03332909.jpg (680x680, 61K)

The only reason you pedos stick to jerking off to drawn representations of children is that the real thing is so illegal that you're too scared to risk it. We all know exactly what kind of disgusting degenerate shit you'd get up to if society let you

A combination of redditors and retards from /v/.

No one's lying brainlet. Literally Google search "2700x Single Core cinebench results" and most people are at the numbers I listed at stock. Note at stock. I was wrong and maybe they're higher than anticipated but don't shift goalposts from the original point.

Retard user said that he wanted benchmarks to show Intel was a better solution and got better single core benchmarks. I proved that and the charts you posted proved that. Thanks I guess.

>B-But m-muh multi-core!
No one's arguing that Ryzen isn't better in multi-core, the whole argument was single-core. You literally posted charts that blew your argument the fuck out and proved me right and now you're trying to shill your way back in with multi-core benchmarks.

Just admit that Ryzen isn't as good in single-core. it's literally a fact and every time r/AMD gets shown that they either show multi-core benchmarks or say "Y-Yeah well we knew that. Y-You'd be retarded to think you're getting the best with AMD!"

Honoka was the worst raibu.

To add to this, for anyone who hasn't been following CPU development, it is extremely likely that AMD will pass Intel in single thread performance early next year. Intel has had immense trouble getting its 10nm process to work, while AMD is rolling full steam ahead on TSMC's '7nm' process. Between the clockspeed gains from this & the IPC enhancement tweaks AMD should be able to at the very least match the best Intel has to offer single-thread, while with the whole chiplet thing easily have more cores.

Attached: 1518342948760.jpg (1200x933, 409K)

Why is Jow Forums full of pedos? And yes loli is cp

>people are getting well above 60 FPS
>implying everyone is playing at 1080p60fps

wew lad, what about 1080p 144hz? 1080p 240hz? 1440p 144hz? 1440p 165hz? 1440p UW 100hz? etc.

This is Jow Forums - Techloligy.

Attached: illya.png (533x728, 247K)

>call out shills
>make a shill thread
>acts like a shill
gee, i wonder who could be behind this post.

>I was wrong

To be fair, the higher the resolution the more likely the video card will end up being the bottleneck.

Attached: faf9558e0925694003b8bdf0131e28de.jpg (1500x2662, 2.03M)

In the eyes of r/AMD, if you aren't sucking off Team Red, you're a shill. I get it.

Ryzen right now and in the future most likely won't be able to match Intel. I just don't see it happening. That doesn't mean I think it's bad, it's just pretty obvious that the i7 is going to be the defacto choice for most people when they want the best option for gaming.

You can argue price point, overclocking, the best value. Most people don't overclock, they see no need to do it. Unless you're using a 5+ year old CPU, you should be able to run most games no problem. So despite Ryzen being good and overclockable, most people will default to Intel because they'll look at benchmarks, see Intel is 15-20 points ahead in single core performance of the top AMD CPU and just go with Intel and take the extra $150 hit.

>Honoka
>worst raibu

Attached: 1528316625747.jpg (480x484, 34K)

R I P E

Attached: smellygabu.jpg (1920x1080, 240K)

Maybe, like I said on various sites even in the Jow Forums archive most CB scores showed the numbers I posted.

You have yet to refute any point I made though.

So you admit that Intel doesn't improve, but in spite of this you believe AMD will never catch up? And you call others shills in the same post as well. That's an interesting way to start a thread.

Attached: 1454873830146.png (1000x1412, 801K)

you're entire argument hinges on gaming. Grow up faggot.

I'm not the other gentlemen ascended enough to debate with a shill like you.

For most games, sure. But to imply that's true in all games is silly.

Especially when looking at bottom 1% or bottom 0.1% FPS instead of the average FPS.

If you get average 100fps with an i5 2500k. But with the bottom 1% of frames hitting ~20-30fps. Then you could have an i5 9600k which averages 120-130fps, with bottom 1% of frames hitting 70-80fps.

Even though the i5 2500k has the average frame rate acceptable for 60hz gaming, teh 9600k is obviously going to be a much more fluid gaming experience since it isn't dipping below 60fps even at the bottom 1% of frames.

See
What is your take on AMD steadily moving to 7nm while Intel's own 10nm process is floundering? Intel without its traditional process advantage is going to be in a difficult place.

Attached: f5252a4116d3423964a6d8cb4b402862.jpg (1000x1414, 612K)

LOL @ pedophile OP

Good point on frame time minimums. I had forgotten to account for that.

Attached: s_senpai_nooooo.png (1300x1818, 2.3M)

I admitted that for years Intel did nothing until AMD finally decided to make a decent product and Intel seemed ready because they still made enough gains from Kaby Lake to Coffee Lake and now Coffee Lake to Coffee Lake part deus.

As opposed to what? Compiling Linux? lmao

>Get BTFO
>Sh-Shill
If I was really a shill I'd also point out that Ryzen has had issues with Linux and that it crashes constantly in Adobe products. You know areas where people say those extra cores and multi-core performance really come into play.

We'll see. I want nothing but competition and don't have a dog in the fight.

It's often overlooked, and why I sometimes laugh at people claiming their old CPUs are JUST as relevant as a CPU from last year or this year.

Can it compete? Sure. But there are many cases where it simply isn't going to give steady 60fps.

>the stuttering meme
even new cpus stutter user. there's also reasoning behind stuttering.

Can the Ryzen 2600 be overclocked or only the 2600X?

I'm tired of this shit that intel does where a non-K processor can't be overclocked but kinda can but then it can't because a BIOS update or microcode update fucked with that.

How could you BTFO me if I didn't debate anything? You're still a shill, you're doing it right now despite thinly veiling it.

>because Intel will always be one step ahead in single-core performance
Zen 2 will even things up. And then Intel has no way to improve, aside from shipping a chiller with each CPU.

Yes they do, at a MUCH less frequent rate, and occasionally they'll "stutter" down to 70-80fps which is still above 60fps for the majority of people using 60hz displays, there would be no stutter, or VERY minimal compared to an older CPU which would be stuttering with a much higher degree of frequency, and generally to a larger degree. Instead of stutters down to just below 60, it'll stutter down to the 20fps area, much more noticeable.

That's not a stutter, that's a frame drop. There's a substantial difference there. The problem with the whole 60fps down to 30 or lower has to do with both vsync and double/triple buffering options. With double buffering it drops from 60 to 30, with triple buffering it doesn't. Unfortunately not every game out there has this option.

All Ryzens can be overclocked on any B or X series motherboard. AMD does a lot less artificial market segmentation than Intel does.

Attached: shiruhne_ja_ne_lon_whier_yello_eye_blu_opne_blla_wite_se_simpes_bare_heart_handss_pool.png (992x1403, 854K)

>had a 3570k for 5 years
>bought a 6700k last year because babbylake was garbage

pretty happy with my i7, it was my first i7 i've ever owned. ryzen 5 seemed like a good buy but i was hesitant due to the lack of am4 matx boards and because what a disappointment bulldozer was.
i honestly don't think i'll upgrade for another 4 years.

>I was wrong
Thank you for admitting so.

Angels don't poop user

It's the children's fault for being too sexy

Attached: 923784.png (201x219, 16K)

That's even better!

Attached: UPGRADE2010.png (836x768, 17K)