/spg/ - Smartphone General

Black Friday Edition

Share and discuss deals on smartphones and smartphone accessories.

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: deals-round-up-header-black-friday-2018.jpg (3328x1698, 443K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boostmobile.com/phones.html?INTCID=HP:Hero:BlackFridaySale-2018
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Lg7 or regular op6?
Both are in the same price range

>punch in LG in gsmarena
>click Compare
>punch in 6T
>Compare specs
Look into size, ppi, display(LCD or AMOLED), chipset(Snapdragon 845 is standard these days), RAM, camera(if it's important to you), battery size and endurance rating.
Then decide for yourself

So, how does LineageOS compare to "stock" Android?
Particularly interested in stability, I want something that just werks for music, video and web browsing.

Attached: 1485359515416.jpg (250x250, 20K)

Imagine not having a notch
kill all notchlets 2bh

Galaxy s9: is $520 the cheapest it's gonna get for black Friday/cyber Monday?

OP6 is the best purchase I have made all year. I'm new to actually using technolo/g/y actively and it was such a great phone to mess around with and brick several times. Besides that the phone jack is nice and the notched options are great.

850€ for 128gb note 9 including 512gb ssd a good deal?

I'd say so, it'll last for years

Wait for next year with release of note 10 and other shit note 9 will drop even more likely

Why is the Pixel XL

XZ2 Compact is 299. Should I go for it? Im unsure if I want anything smaller than Honor 7 though

Attached: 81H5 bhwQAL._SX569_.jpg (569x569, 18K)

Huawei p20 pro 500 euros, yes/no?
I'm little scared since it has same processor as cheaper phones and will not last long before slowing down.

okay, I'll probably order it then

yeah but that's about 10 months away and I want to replace my old phone now

it's 2 generations old

That's gonna be "No" from me dawg.
Get OP 6, it's better at literally everything and cheaper

Get something else cheaper in the mean time. No use spending over 800 on a phone thats fairly recent. Why not get a budget 200-300 now and get the note 9 later on for 500

Downloaded Mi Unlock Tool
Made account with email, now it asks for mobile number to unlock it.

Not them but isn't their CS complete garbage?

because that way I'd spend the same amound of money while being stuck on a shit(tier) phone for the meantime. I have been thinking about getting a Note 8 for 500€ but every one I tried in a retail store had a terribly burnt in screen. And it probably won't get all the sweet new Samsung DeX stuff and maybe not even Andriod 9.

Is it? honestly never heard anything bad about it. You're not buying from some shady chink on Aliexpress, you're buying from official store, so warranty should be in order. In any case I can't imagine Huawei CS being any better, or better enough to be worth paying extra moneys for shitty phone

Welp. OP6 is sold out

Any idea when they are going to restock?

grabbed the s9+, loving it

thanks Jow Forums!

do newer lg's bootloop or have the same issues as older ones? I know the displays aren't the best same with camera but I don't mind those too much

Try contacting customer support.
BTW not all countries got the $100 price drop, in that case would be worth adding a few shekels and getting 6T. Price difference is very small and you get 10-15% larger battery
Also get student discount if you can -5%

>Talk myself into buying a OnePlus 6 due to the sale
>They're ago sold out
FML

Is it worth $289 or no?

What's the best $300 phone for LineageOS?

Attached: 1521995004647.jpg (600x338, 42K)

I mean, it's still a good phone with a good camera, but Google has pretty much confirmed that support for it's been pulled so it's doubtful it'll be getting Android Q. Decide how much that's worth it to you.

That, or get ready to delve into the autism of custom ROMs.

What's a good phone under $300 atm? Any worthwhile sales?

Have you seen any other good sales today? I saw a Nokia 8 for like $300 and a P20 Lite for something like $225. Do you know anything about them?

Different user, bit I emailed them last night to ask of the 256GB version would be back before the black Friday sale ended. They said that they don't know if it will be back in stock or not.

If you send more than $200 on a phone you're retarded. Obviously more money gets you better specs but there hasn't been a bottleneck in any of those specs since like 2012

you can use android on a nexus 4 quite fine with minimal issue and it's a six year old phone without lte

Yeah just called with no luck.

Out in the US, I think I saw they had some in stock in other countries though.

See
Yes

this is what poorfags actually believe

If it's brand new - yes. It was a premium phone 2 years ago, while hardware is dated it still has some juice. Huge batter, good screen, great camera, although I don't see it serving you too long. Pixel 2 reportedly had slowdown issues, can't imagine how this one handles..
And that design, damn I guess I'm already getting spoiled by bezeless notched phones.. them chins are gigantic

Attached: 105546-v1-google-pixel-xl-mobile-phone-large-1[1].jpg (300x400, 14K)

for unlocked, probably. You can get it cheaper through the carriers though.

That's a very decent price, considering the specs (SD845, 4GB/64GB, HDR display, IP68 etc.). I'd say go for it.

What carrier you on? If US, then Moto X4 or Z2 Play.

What's your favorite thing your current phone does that your last phone couldn't do?

If you're asking for good sales at least mention what country you in

It goes through testing and isn't much more feature packed than AOSP. It is stable.
Weak bait.
You can enter the account number there, a number isn't required for the unlock tool.
>Obviously more money gets you better specs but there hasn't been a bottleneck in any of those specs since like 2012
Oh, come on. The S5 which war released in 2014. had a 32bit CPU and would stutter in UI, forget all else, no matter what.

What's the best international store for smart phones?

loads every app/screen/website in under 1 second
You don't realize how slow your phone is until you switch to something new and fast

Chins don't seem that bad if they're being used for something like dual front speakers.

aliexpress
checkout
or

Moto e5 Play or e5 Plus.

fanks

I would pay more for the 2nd gen if budget permits because it's significantly better. The camera is better (and gets most of Pixel 3 features with a modded APK), has stereo speakers, IP67 water resistance, and beefier battery.

Sorry user, US. I'm looking at an HTC U11 Eyes on Newegg for $200 rn

so I got the s9+

on first charge (didn't charge it, using battery it had on boot) rn, nearing 0%

should I charge or let it uncharge until it turns off?

LG G7 if you're into the wide angle and good audio

Amazon has the MotoX4 for $180 if you have amazon prime but its the amazon version and not android one.

How good is this?

> Live in a third world shithole
> See a pretty nice deal on a phone
> Look up specs on GSM arena
> "well this isn't half bad"
> Turns out it's the pajeet version with downgraded specs
They still sell midrange phones with 2gb of RAM here while the international version has 4.

Attached: 1523993581070.jpg (750x573, 46K)

First charge doesn't matter with modern batteries

not worth it, bootloader is permanently locked and there's unremovable Amazon bloat. you're better off buying the unlocked version for $230, or Nokia 6.1 for $199.

You should never fully discharge, it's best to start charging at 10-15%
(if heard it from "experts" on the internet, so take it with a grain of salt if you like)

is this even true or you just looked up iPhone 8 with expectations that it will be a good phone, lmao

Is the X4 better than the Nokia 6.1? I don't mind spending a bit more for the X4 if it is.

i have a nexus 6, do i need to upgrade this year?

>OP6 is better at photos than P20 Pro
OPbro there's only so far you can go with your shilling

My bad, didn't notice the "Pro" part. It is better than OP6

They're pretty similar, same SoC (SD630), 3000mah battery, headphone jack, MicroSD slot, NFC, USB-C etc.

Moto X4 has IP68 water resistance, a secondary rear camera for wide angle photos and front mounted fingerprint reader. The bootloader can be unlocked which means you can root and install custom ROMs.

Nokia should be more durable since it has an aluminium body (Moto X4 has a glass back). It's newer so it'll get official updates for longer (will be updated Oreo -> Pie -> Android Q, Moto X4 launched with Nougat so it won't get version updates past Pie). Keep in mind the Nokia is only compatible with GSM carriers, Moto X4 also with CDMA.

Mi Mix 2? That's what I have, though the front camera fucking sucks

Why can't One Plus make smaller models God damn it. I don't have Sasquatch hands.

Why can't anyone? All the 6ts and pocos and etc. are all massive.

Cheap and good smallish chinese phone where. Doesn't need to be xperia compact size.

Attached: DsmohZTUcAcFKTx.jpg (1200x909, 112K)

Was that worth $600?

It's better. Obviously. I never said it wasn't better. Is it $600 of better?

Unless you're a poor person who thinks people with money don't value it and you spent your entire paycheck on a phone to look rich

brainlet question: what's the best place to pirate .apks?
I just got a new phone and haven't had one in years, and I don't feel like spending more money for shit

Is downgrading to a foldable dumbphone redpilled or JUST?

Is there somewhere where you can see the software that ships with lineage?

If by software you mean apps, none should come with Lineage, what you get depends on what gapps you flash yourself, which can be one of the pre-created packages or you can create a custom one yourself.

Why the fuck is every Android video on YouTube by an indian guy?

Do LG phones still have "lol bootloop" problems?

because only pajeets and third worlders use android

I want to go back bros

Attached: download.jpg (2199x1236, 270K)

2nd biggest smartphone market+chinks can't youtube

Chinks like their phones big because they don't own computers and small screens make it harder to read chinkrunes

Why not upgrade to a foldable smartphone?

I used my LG G4 today after having used a P20 for 3 months. "Chins" literally don't matter at all and you don't actively see them. Don't let the memery trick you into thinking notches are better than having bezels because they're not. It's a fad that shouldn't have even started.

Is exynos note 9 good meme for 850 yurobucks? Still on lg g4 so that would be huge upgrade I suppose

It's on sale for under 700€ if you don't buy from Samsung directly. At least I hope you still get the 512gb sd card included in that price.

Pixel 3 or P20 Pro

I'm leaning towards Pixel because I don't trust chink quality control especially when it comes to software

Attached: 74 - rGF4jxP.jpg (712x712, 40K)

P20 Pro by far. Huawei is only barely a chink brand. Here in Canada mainstream carriers offer their phones like any other.

Yeah, I'm in Canada actually and Koodo's black friday deals and looking at the reviews especially for photos is making me question if there's really any reason to distrust chink software

>all cameras and sensors (including fingerprint) under screen
>no sliding memes
>no notches

When?

Attached: Shrekurai.png (308x300, 139K)

How easy is it to rice out a Samsung 8 ?
I just want it to look good but samsung bloat turns me off and this shit is on deal.

False, large portion of USA uses iOS

Why aren't you all using an Xperia XZ1 Compact Jow Forums?
>perfect size (between 4.5 and 5 inches) for one handed use
>didn't fall for the "muh thin" meme and has excellent battery life as a result
>headphone jack
>4GB RAM
>SD-card slot
>non-meme resoution, 1280x720 is more than enough for a 4.6inch screen, has a PPI to rival the iPhone's retina standard
>non-meme aspect ratio, 16:9 content will completely fill the screen
>cameras not far behind the iPhone 8
>side-mounted fingerprint scanner
>didn't fall for the bezel-less meme and is comfortable to hold in portrait or landscape without relying on shitty palm-rejection
>IP 68 water-resistant
>rugged, no glass on the back that shatters as soon as you drop it
Literally the thinkpad of modern phones. Some may say it's outdated despite only being a year old but it's more than capable of handling anything you throw at it. It's also the last good xperia before they fell in line with the "muh thin" meme and axed the 3.5mm

Attached: xz1compact.jpg (600x600, 24K)

Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-Owned here at my provider (Boost Mobile) in the US. You guys suggest any thing else that I could use $250USD on that I can still use on Boost?

I'm looking for a well rounded phone with performance, a headphone jack, USB-C, and within the $250 budget while still being activatable at Boost.

boostmobile.com/phones.html?INTCID=HP:Hero:BlackFridaySale-2018

That was the best phone OnePlus ever made.

picture for ref

Attached: S8.png (439x660, 88K)

>tfw ZTE had to go and sell telecom equipment to Iran and ruin their company so there will never be a follow up to the excellent Axon 7
I loved that phone

Attached: 1514876842326.gif (538x303, 1.4M)

Is the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 and LineageOS a good combo?

Attached: 1507841680130.png (174x238, 46K)

USA is full of fuckwits who line up to buy iPhones on credit so they don't look poor

Attached: 1357930664377.jpg (1296x968, 428K)

Been looking for a 200€ish phone, and saw the Mi 8 Lite for like 190€ shipped from GayBest which seems pretty good for what it is. My only problem with it is the lack of custom roms so far (got a Redmi Note 3 Pro like 3 years ago and loved it, but fuck MIUI, installing RR was the first thing I did). Would you recommend anything else in that price range or should I just wait for roms to start coming out since it's a pretty new phone?

Attached: 1536159668323.jpg (842x944, 111K)

Yes.
It lacks a headphone jack, has 650 mAh less than the Redmi Note 5, but costs roughly the same. Your choice.

large portion of USA is literally third world

Imagine how embarrassing it must be to be this guy’s kids.

I wanna buy a new phone.
I'm currently have a Galaxy S2 that sees lightweight use (youtube, mp3, notes, timer, whatsapp, very rare internet search).
What's a good value phone? I heard Redmi Note 5 and Motorola G6 are good value. I'm looking for any input.

Why the Note 5 and not the 6? Also, is there a perceptible difference between the performance of a 636 and a 660? Finally, how's the build on the Notes? I'd rather have good build quality than a headphone jack desu.

Attached: 1502207075584.jpg (900x675, 181K)

Looking for a worthy successor to my OnePlus3.

Don't give a shit about notches or headphone jacks.
>support for AT&T bands in US
>fuckhuge battery
>AOSP-like OS

Pro doesn't have lineage.

Attached: 170.png (300x100, 48K)