>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580/590 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>Waste money - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Or 2080Ti, but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>FOR GAMING START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make your build to drive it appropriately

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: rgrrwggerrg.jpg (960x768, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/FFjwpG
pcpartpicker.com/list/tgqtRJ
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/tnCTq4
pcpartpicker.com/list/PzdVgw
youtube.com/watch?v=VGkA1BXtxd8
pcpartpicker.com/list/D4BPcY
amazon.com/gp/product/B00B2HH7G0
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824011196
amazon.com/Dell-73GTT-30-Inch-Led-Lit-Monitor/dp/B01HQNTAMW/
pccasegear.com/products/38531/gigabyte-aorus-radeon-rx-580-8gb
ebay.com/itm/AMD-1st-Gen-RYZEN-Threadripper-1950X-16-Core-32-Threads-3-4-GHz-Socket-sTR4-18/292278901445?hash=item440d2e1ac5:rk:1:pf:0
pcpartpicker.com/list/94wWw6
pcpartpicker.com/list/TC9g4q
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1422993-REG/msi_b450m_gaming_plus_motherboard.html
pcpartpicker.com/list/67z429
pcpartpicker.com/list/7XX8Cb
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

previous

Buy my fucking hardware

Attached: amd ceo.jpg (1920x1080, 74K)

Hey lads (from previous thread),

It's black Friday in my country and I can't decide between two freesync monitors.

One is a 27" 1440p @144hz and the other is a 24.5" 1080 @144hz for half it's price.

Is the extra inches and resolution worth the money?

Also I have an rx580 if that helps. I don't care for maxed out settings as long as I can run it above 60fps.

In addition: So is the Agon bad or something? Worse than Acer?

Attached: mon.png (559x378, 171K)

Just how bad are blowers? Is it because of noise? I was planning to get a Fractal Define C, so would that block the noise out?

Is this shit?
pcpartpicker.com/list/FFjwpG

So, from last thread does this work:
pcpartpicker.com/list/tgqtRJ
I may change with sales and stuff but this will generally be it unless there is some major issue

Literally vacuum cleaner levels of noise at full rpm.

It's ok, but I think 8700k is bottlenecked by 1060

>locked chipset with unlocked cpu

Well mates, I bought my build. Thanks for the help over the last few months. I'll be shitposting among you lot soon.

shit didnt realise there was a new thread, how bad is this so far

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/tnCTq4

Is it a hard rule that the cheap versions of gpu models are bad? How do you tell if they have good fans?

Don't buy windows.

>Warning: These parts have potential issues/incompatibilities

im buying it because i dont want that logo on the bottom right of my screen all the time

Blowers are as bad as some really shitty dual axial coolers are.
It's a combination of not cooling as well and being noisier.

The cheap option to get them a lot cooler is liquid metal, but it takes some time and care to make sure you don't get it on conductive components. Usually you'd block off the conductive area with an insulator.

>I was planning to get a Fractal Define C, so would that block the noise out?
You'd probably still need to lower the power limit and/or undervolt. Really depends on the card, what you're using it for, etc. Like if it's just 1440p@60 on Vega, it's going to be drawing so low power in most cases that there's not a lot to cool. But running flat out, it'll take *something* to make it run quieter.

>8700k with a 1060
>B360 board
>1060 at all
>single fan 1060 at all
Why not a 9900k? Why not 2 1060s? This build makes 0 sense.
pcpartpicker.com/list/PzdVgw is better for gaming for nearly half the fucking cost. Wtf? youtube.com/watch?v=VGkA1BXtxd8

grats

>au.pcpartpicker.com/list/tnCTq4
>RX570 for $390 AUD
I heard some other anons got RX580s for like $240 aud yesterday. what happened?
This seems like really cool value, even considering that it's in AUD, mainly because of the GPU and monitor price.

It will "work" but it's atrocious value and you can get roughly the same performance including a better 1440p 144hz AHVA instead of a 1080p TN for significantly cheaper.
But if you want to spend more for less, your build is fine.
pcpartpicker.com/list/D4BPcY

8 minutes lads... im nervous

This, I have money to buy it. Or I may have a friend download a pirate for me, Im not good with computers.

I think I'll just go with the Acer 1080p one and just upgrade the monitor if I upgrade to navi.

Posting again from last thread - is the Amtec Mercury 240 or 360 better than the H100i cooler? Are liquid coolers even worth it?

HOW TO RECOGNIZE BLOwer cARDS PLEASE HELP QUICK

If I get a 580/590, wont I find myself wanting within 1-2 years? Wouldn’t it be better to get a better model now and not think about upgrading for 3+ years?

Looking for new monitors. I'd like a 144hz and either an ultrawide or just a big resolution one, even 2560x1440 would be bigger than my current monitors. Here's what I'm looking at so far:

144hz:
amazon.com/gp/product/B00B2HH7G0

ultrawide:
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824011196

amazon.com/Dell-73GTT-30-Inch-Led-Lit-Monitor/dp/B01HQNTAMW/
This looks damn good but is pricey.

Is curved good or annoying? Never used one before, don't know what to expect.

>I heard some other anons got RX580s for like $240 aud yesterday. what happened? This seems like really cool value, even considering that it's in AUD, mainly because of the GPU and monitor price.

I haven't looked at PC building shit in ages so I've got no idea about what recent prices were desu, just trying to get an idea of what I'm gonna buy my bro for christmas.

I think my choice of GPU/monitor is fine but idk rly about what CPU and mobo to get or what is good value.

Attached: Mike-1-1-800x1000.png (800x1000, 49K)

>overpriced CPU paired with an undercooked GPU
>undercooked motherboard with a fucking 6 core i7
What are you doing man?

left is blower style
they dont have fans

Attached: Palit_thumb[2].jpg (600x247, 42K)

I'd like a b450 tomahawk if i go for the 2600
Would i need a better board if i went for the 2700?
is it only compatible with 470s?

Love you user

>570 for almost 400 dollars
what the fuck?

Attached: ss (2018-11-23 at 08.57.27).jpg (922x453, 70K)

In Aus, that 570 is exceptionally overpriced. Most outlets like PCCG, PLE, Scorptec and MSY have 8gb 580s for under $350.

CPU and Motherboard: 2600 and MSI Gaming Plus/Mortar/Tomahawk.

>they dont have fans
>clearly has a fan
you ok man?

aussie shitposting

well like traditional fans

>3future proofing GPUs
No. An RX580 or 1060 6gb will be perfectly adequate for 1080p@60hz gaming for the next few years. Only situation they'd leave you wanting is if you upgrade monitor.

hahaha my god the black friday deals for netherlands just launched and its terrible
the biggest discounts are 5-10 euros on items prices 200+
im so done

what's the best mid tower atx case right now?

Even the Tomahawk is adequate for pushing a 2700 to its all-core overclock capacity which will probably be anywhere from 4.0 to 4.1ghz.

>temps
>no noise
How are the two barely better than the piece of shit H60?

Anyway as far as AIOs go, i'd typically look at 280mm minimum. But even then it's not gauranteed to be good just because it's 280mm. It could still have awful pump noise and shitty fans.

2700 can technically work on a $20 b350 board. Depends on your needs.

Well your general idea seems good. Just the price doesn't.
Also might just want to get a 1080p or 1920x1200 75hz IPS instead for cheaper than a 144hz tn unless your brother just cares about refresh rate and not quality.

You can get RX580 for so cheap today that you'll be able to wait for Navi or the 2060Ti or whatever to go on sale for cheap again before you upgrade. You win out better that way rather than buying something overpriced for your needs now.

idk. Thermaltake G3. Meshify C. Some Jonsbo meme. Stuff like that.

You're supposed to earn enough to afford it there.

this dick lmao

pccasegear.com/products/38531/gigabyte-aorus-radeon-rx-580-8gb
Seriously, $300au for an 8gb RX580 is hard to beat.

Cougar Conquerer

So if I need an OpenCL rig but also want to sometimes play games on it, Vega 64 is a good call? 1080p and 2560x1080 mainly. Would be rocking a R7 2700X.

You can still do 1440p at console-quality settings on an RX580.
Yes, the RX580 is the better value.
$210 minus ~$80 of games = $130.
$400 - ~$120 of games = $280.
Vega64 is 215% the price for around 170% the performance. So if you're willing to turn settings down to console quality, Vega is not as good value.

If you don't need to max out stuff, $200 for RX570 4Gb is a way better deal.
85% of the performance for 66% the cost. There is even the Nitro+ model of 570 for that price that you should be able to OC even closer as long as you stay under that 4Gb VRAM limit.

Eroge

Not enough info.

Unless you're doing dual GPUs which will run at 100% in rendering, I think I saw Seasonic 700W platinum for like $90.
I also saw the 1950X on sale on ebay for $410
ebay.com/itm/AMD-1st-Gen-RYZEN-Threadripper-1950X-16-Core-32-Threads-3-4-GHz-Socket-sTR4-18/292278901445?hash=item440d2e1ac5:rk:1:pf:0
Get 280mm not 360mm. Or just get an air cooler, for that matter.

yes

How much better does a 2700 perform against a 2600 for a gaming build?
Think it's worth the extra 100 bucks?
Upgrading from a FX 8350

Anyone has a Cryorig H7 over here?

What the fuck does the central screw (that requires a long ass screwdriver) do exactly? It seems to get already tight when the X is aligned and the 4 screws behind the motherboard are tightened properly.

Also, is this a good cooler for a R5 2600 (considering overclocking it a little)?

>How much better does a 2700 perform against a 2600 for a gaming build?
Not much better.
Think it's worth the extra 100 bucks?
For gaming, definitely not.

Can yall give me some advice on what parts I should look at upgrading over the next few years? I'm satisfied with the game performance so far (I mainly play 4+ year old games though).

Attached: PC.png (450x378, 19K)

Vega64 is a good call just in general right now given how cheap it is, especially compared to Nvidia's prices.

I'm pretty sure the 2700 is actually worse for gaming than the 2600. Pretty sure it doesn't hold boost as well given that they're the same 65W TDP. I've seen some benchmarks which show that as well.
Really you should try and get a 2600X for gaming. It's been only $15-$35 more expensive than the 2600 which at that price is worthwhile.
Just paying a lot more for a 2700 over a 2600X doesn't make things magically better. It can actually be worse for gaming.

Looks like it's just for tensioning.
>Also, is this a good cooler for a R5 2600 (considering overclocking it a little)?
Yes. You can add a second fan if you need to improve it further.

I mean, the whole thing really.
Your SSD is the best component here.
I'd pick up an RX570 or RX580 while it's cheap, even though your CPU won't be enough for it in some newer and more demanding games.
You could upgrade to something like a 2600X when the 3000 series launches and makes them even cheaper, since the new 3000 series would probably be beyond your needs.
And I'd replace the HDD with a 1TB SSD. SU800 1Tb was on sale for like $97 the other day.

am i banned

reported for ban evasion

Super happy they got proper OpenCL support in Tensorflow. Almost had to buy a 1080ti. Thanks, guys. Any reliable place for real-world performance benchmarks? I know a lot of them skew.

I have a 1440p 60hz monitor but I'm thinking of falling for the 144hz meme. I'm okay with 1080p, but I don't know what to be looking for as far as specs otherwise. Also trying to keep it cheap. Any suggestions? And is an RX 56 overkill for that? Might get a 580 instead because $350 vs. $200 lol.

Attached: to the pit with ye.jpg (600x450, 33K)

PC building newfag here, I'm trying to put together a new gaming rig during Black Friday sales. Anyone mind giving this a look over and giving some suggestions? Also monitor suggestions would be nice too. I'm trying to stay around the 1k price range for the whole thing.
pcpartpicker.com/list/94wWw6

How about this;
>rx580 + 2600x
>play at 1080p60 high settings on a 4K TV
Will I still have a good time? Better than a PS4 Pro?

>Better than a PS4 Pro?
considerably.

How well is it it now? ROCm was pretty shitty on release. I know AMD works with tensorflow so I'd assume it'd get better and the card is obviously capable, but I haven't seen tests since the initial shitty launch ones.

You mean Vega56?
Vega56 will usually do like 60-90fps at 1440p in more demanding games, and 100-144 in stuff that's easier to run like R6 siege
It'll do way more than that in 1080p, obviously, as 1440p is double the pixels.
Depends if you want higher quality, or higher framerates. Though on that note, lower settings at 1440p generally looks better than 1080p maxed, which is another reason I'd choose 1440p.

As mentioned above, 580 is a bit better value if you count the games. But at 1440p you'd have to play on console-quality settings instead of high/maxed on an RX580.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/94wWw6
Looks like price jumped on that memory?
Regardless, you should look at 3000 CL15 or 3200 CL16 as a minimum. 3000 CL16 is really not fast enough for gaming considering it's generally not significantly cheaper either.
$340 is super overpriced for a 1070. You can effectively get Vega, which is a lot more powerful, for cheaper if you care about the games.
Case is massive. Why?
PSU is way larger than you need. 550W(1070ti or vega56) or 650W(vega64) is the most that you need. You should be spending more around $50 for a PSU at this range of build. I think I saw 650W EVGA G3 for $40 or $50 after rebate on sale which is an equally good PSU to the Seasonic Focus Gold.

You mean just upscaling it? It won't look very good... At least do 1440p on console quality settings.
But yes it's like.. close to 50% more powerful than a PS4 pro.

Anything look off here apart from being uninspired choices, I can deal with that

Attached: b19866050eb07d253dede3fe04c3bb1f.png (1163x605, 63K)

Also, you need a monitor.

>buying into the RTX meme
but why?

Ryzen 2600 wratch boxed for 129 euros?
46 euro discount and no other ryzens on sale

Which 4k TV?
Some 4K TVs have native 120hz panels you can use at 1080p if you can't do full 4k60 FYI

Any point in upgrading to a B450/2600/DDR4 build right now?

Kill yourself already.

Is an undervolted Vega 56 comparable in power efficiency to nvidia?

It still consumes more power and keep in mind undervolting->less performance

not even close

Even if he's a shill, he's the only one who actually bothers answering questions here, day in day out. You gotta respect him for that, at least.

haha no. Get one if you want freesync otherwise step up to Nvidia or down to RX580/590

Thoughts?
pcpartpicker.com/list/TC9g4q
I've never bothered with building a PC before. Don't play high-end games. Not worried about being as efficient as possible - just want to avoid glaring mistakes/poor choices. Ignore the keyboard and monitor.

he's not answering questions he's shilling all the stuff he wants but can't afford, that's a massive difference. People that bother to read the op and ask questions like a normal person almost always get an answer.

It's his job to shill for AMD and he's not answering any questions, just reads the scripts he has ready and copy pastes them.

What cooler do i get for an overclocked 2600? PlS help

Good deal.

Yes. Vega56 at least matches the perf/watt of 1070Ti when undervolted.
????
Vega56 uses the same power as the RX580 for like a 60% increase in performance. They're both 185-212W TDP, depending on power profiles.
how the fuck do you retards keep posting something so easily verifiable as false?
RX580 is the one with the really bad efficiency, not Vega. Vegas only problem is that it's overvolted too much stock when it comes to games.

No, other than maybe the GPU and/or monitor? There have been SSD deals, too. I mean why would you ever upgrade if satisfied with the performance you're getting?

Large the exactly same issues which apply to also apply to your build.

Do 6Gb HDD still have a high rate of failure? One of my 3TB drives is throwing out unreadable sector errors so figure now is a good time to replace.

>I mean why would you ever upgrade if satisfied with the performance you're getting
I'm not as my CPU is bottlenecking, but an upgrade to a Ryzen would require an upgrade of a motherboard and RAM
I could go for a used i7-4770/4790 instead though.
New question; is there any point in getting 4770, should I just get 4790

Air or water?

Where are people seeing Vega 56 for under $400?

>Large the exactly same issues which apply to also apply to your build.
So the motherboard is the weak link? Would a recent ASUS ROG or Prime motherboard be a better fit?

Go for it

Air preferably

His posts are more useful than yours, you could get reported and banned for this post.

Nowhere. The shill just lies hoping to bait someone.

bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1422993-REG/msi_b450m_gaming_plus_motherboard.html
good motherboard for R5 2600?

Seems to be good, I would probably try and get windows for free and as you say, that keyboard and monitor are crap, you really want a nicer monitor to go with that build. Also I would get more SSD storage, a TB samsung 850 evo cost me $165 Aussie yesterday, and youll want your most played games on there with your OS

>almost always get an answer
I can probably find 50 people asking for help in the previous thread who didn't get an answer. Well, except from the """shill""".

I would recommend AMD to everyone all day if I was getting paid too.

Coolermaster Hyper212, cheap and easy, almost everyone uses it

>implying anyone actually gets paid to post on Jow Forums
Take your meds

How can I tell if there is an issue with my mobo or my cpu?
Brand new system, pluggen in a ryzen 2600 with stock cooler and it worked fine until I noticed crazy high thermals. Screwed the cooler on tighter after taking it off to see if there was plastic. Wouldn't turn back on and the cpu LED was red. Turned out there was a couple bent pins but I fixed those and the LED is still on. What do

please do so, I will answer the five most important ones

OK Here is my boring "Sort by Best Sellers" list so far, any red flags? Budget is around $1500 USD
pcpartpicker.com/list/67z429
Wide open to any suggestions, this is the first PC that I am shopping for in like 10 years. I blew off building a PC for the last 12 months due to the bitcoin thing making cards more expensive but I am ready now to go for it.
How do I get a feel for the options inside each part category?
-I mostly do 3d modeling in blender and I want to play Civ6 and Destiny2
-I don't like any fancy lights or glass
-Ideally I'd like to run 2 big 27" monitors, any monitor recommends?
-Is having one big SSD a good idea?

Finally overall price wise, I know it's Thursday night right now, is there a particular time or day that the sales kick in or are the deals all spread out? Never done this before
Thanks

Attached: pc build.jpg (988x764, 129K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/7XX8Cb
Small edit to CPU and GPU, removed the monitor. Still an ok build?

wow so, whats it like being a salty intel bitch? asking for a friend.

>Ryzen 2600 with stock cooler
>crazy high thermals
I don't see what's odd with this

Nobody actually bothered helping these people, or at least nobody other than him, because you were too busy being a worthless shitflinging faggot

I bought 16gb(2x8) 3200mhz G.Skill Trident Z RAM when I first built my PC, with the intent to buy it again to upgrade to 32gb.

Now that i'm about to buy it, did I fuck up by only getting 16gb? Is 32gb small dick? Do I really need 64?

Attached: 61Mo5QjeXwL._SX425_.jpg (425x281, 20K)