What is you go-to "just werks" distro?

What is you go-to "just werks" distro?

Attached: 1474923453641.jpg (1024x768, 127K)

mint

fedora or debian, ubuntu if you do light shit, all with kde.

Slackware desu

Kubuntu 18.04 LTS with the kernel upgraded to 4.19.x

none of them "just werk" it's painstaking configuration to fix edge cases from arch to elementary.

Ubuntu MATE

windows 10

Temple OS

Xubuntu

Unironically Arch. Its lack of options and simplicity makes it just werk (x84_64, systemd only, no multiple versions of packages etc. etc.). All the packages are also generally compiled with everything included. Plus AUR has even obscure stuff that require way more effort to install on other distros compared to aurhelper -S package.

Wrong. Ironically Slackware is a convulated mess, has little support and lags behind. It's the opposite. Nobody should learn how to use Slackware and its current users should move away

OpenPEPE

Debian cd-1

slackware. alpine is pretty "just works" too. anything that isnt literal garbage with retarded maintainers t. arch

Alpine is fucking terrible

Red Hat and CentOS if you think otherwise you are a manchildren without a job.

But what about OpenSUSE (and SLED and SLES)?

Linux Mint Xfce and Cinnamon

That an Debian are probably fine. Debian has weird default configs but is popular so you can find help. I think in Europe those got good market share

how so?

Arch

Ubuntu mate.

NOT fucking Ubuntu. Every time a distro upgrade comes around expect your machine to become an expensive doorstop unless you spend hours fixing shit. Moved to Devuan and haven't had a problem since.

why not ubuntu?

These. Linux Mint worked the best out of the box in all of my computers.

I use Mint but I've heard bad things about its security. Is it true? I know its site was compromised a while ago

Attached: 1455063956090.webm (640x368, 2.74M)

Devuan

Fedora

windows 10 with WSL
0 crashes
all software
just werks

Sure it's a minor inconvenience of having to use a "virtual" version of linux but using actual linux feels like shit for every other aspect of the OS.

macos

>Ironically Slackware is a convulated mess
Oh? Like what?

>has little support and lags behind
I'm running Slackware right now and most of my packages are more recent than Debian testing.

>Nobody should learn how to use Slackware and its current users should move away
The only real thing to "learn" about Slackware is how to maintain a vanilla linux distro. If you don't know how to do that then you're just bad with linux in general.

ArchLabs

This. If you say differently then you need to get laid.

this

Gentoo

botnet

Ubuntu
Gecko Linux
Mint
Debian (painful if beginner)
Fedora (IBM Os)

Ubuntu or Arch.

>Arch

Attached: 1536438560499.jpg (720x720, 359K)

Fedora with XFCE

This

>performing tasks that can be automated manually makes me supirior 1337 h4xx0r
Pathetic.
>inb4 slackbuilds
Might as well use a proper package manager then.

How well does it work? Don't Fedora updates kill it's stability?

Devuan stable

Bash on Windows. Everything good about Linux, but on a decent desktop operating system.

>>performing tasks that can be automated manually makes me supirior 1337 h4xx0r
>Pathetic.
Who said anything about doing it manually? You CAN or you can automate it or use stable community tools. Come back when you actually know something about Slackware.
>>inb4 slackbuilds
>Might as well use a proper package manager then.
Extensions to slackpkg are available if that's your thing. There are also repositories with the slackbuilds packages pre-built. It's up to the user if they want to use them.
Slackware is designed to be extremely simple and stable with core packages. Less complexity, less breakage.

Ubuntu of course

newfag or winnigger who has never touched linux detected

It used to be. Update policies are much saner now.

Raspian Lite

Ubuntu unironically.

>Come back when you actually know something about Slackware.
Babby, I was running Patrick's slowpoke shitfest on a dozen machines back in the day when HAL was the latest greatest thing to finally bring us the year of loonix desktop and most people here knew why "KDE4.0 != KDE4". I really couldn't give two shits why some literal toddler, who desperately tries to be a special boy with special distro toy among Archtoddlers on an anime forum, thinks this "auldfag" garbage is great. I'm just telling you how it is, because I've used and admined Linux machines for a living for 15 years. Slackware is pointless. There are literally 0 use cases that aren't covered better by another distro. The only reason to use it is nostalgia or curiosity. Or in your case terminal autism. Now fuck off and neck yourself.

Solus.

gentoo certainly doesn't "just werk", but eventually it gets to that point and i'm happy as fuck.

everything else just werks, but i'm ultimately unhappy with the compromises made along the way.

manjaro is the only correct answer

Windows 7

sid

It's very simple too.

1) Install debian stable bare-bones version. Like 4-minutes job

2) Update the apt sources to sid

Be hacker.

>have all the cons of debian with none of the pros
Bravo, Nolan.

it just werks
other liveusb distros crash when copying huge files across hard drives
mint doesnt care, it always just works
proprietary wifi included no download needed
proprietary graphics driver included, no crashinflg
comfy cinnamon

Slackware. Every other distro except Gentoo, Crux and Void is shit.

/thread

>when the first post is the best post

debian the answer is always debian

Xubuntu

This

>debian is painful for beginners
It's my second distro, and was pretty easy to set up. All I needed to do was use the installer, add non-free repositories, configure internet and su/sudo.

Windows

Manjaro

Just werks

No love for Microsoft's new Blue Ball?

where my Debian niggers at

anything else is the wrong answer

Debian or Xubuntu, haven't tried Mint

didn't Terry die from tranny aids?

Unironically Gentoo. It only takes some more time to properly set up than most distros, but once it's up and running, it literally just werks, and it just werks well.

Slacktoddlers BTFO.

not him but it works for me
I think the "use case" for it is running stable system that you configure once and update something from time to time.
It's simple and doesn't force you to update frequently.
I make updates when I feel like it and not because one package changed, added nothing and I'm forced to update it and everything linked to it.
Slackware never broke on me and I can depend on it.
Why would I switch if it "just works" and is probably most versatile distro besides gentoo that is probably 10 times easier to use and mantain.
And there is not much to learn, it's just plain old linux with bsd like init scripts and you can use sysvinit scripts too.
Don't tell me that systemd is easier to use, it's not and for sure normal person doesn't need to write their own init scripts so this argument doesn't apply.
KDE4 was shit too, who cares about some naming shit with it, Gnome 2 clearly superior.

Void Linux.

This this this.

It's not even on OP's faggot image. Decisively rapes all other distros

I've never found a "just works" distro. I tolerate Fedora the most, just because it has new packages and it's not Arch.

pic related

Attached: 1539834083568.png (540x474, 425K)

This one could have so much potential, but the distro has not enough manpower to fuel its ambition. They did not even have an official forum, it's provided by some other guy and now it's down, not to forget that they took more than a year to update their iso images.

I don't think the lads here want to get laid with other men

Debian testing.
>never tried any other distro except for gentoo in a vm
>some packages in stable are too old for my needs
>no huge update from version n to version n+1
>tried sid once but it borked my PC after a few months
Might move on to gentoo eventually but currently I don't have the time to do it.

Manjaro

Attached: 1514838796850.gif (354x534, 208K)

How is debian painful for beginners? It was my first distro and the only sources of pain for me came from the fact that I was using a completely different operating system from the one I used to use before.

fedora 26 or higher is the ideal development machine. windows in the front, linux in the back. the mullet of OS world, and mullets are fucking rad.

>dnf
>GNOME
>reinstalling every year
>pulls weak deps by default
>minimal install is ~500 packages

Attached: mfw.png (103x141, 34K)

Windows 10

>when the first post is a shit post

this

Attached: this.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

>manjaro
based manjaro gang

Xubuntu.
Arch for "just werks after taking a little to set it up".

Ubuntu 18.04

ubuntu with i3

CloverOS

xubuntu

4 instances Mint.

Attached: 1528936345454.jpg (555x350, 37K)

this but i do like alpine, but yeah slackware, gentoo, void, alpine and CRUX

deb

You are moron. Debian has a gigantic repo source without the nonsense.

e.g. one of the few to be directly supported by winehq and llvm.

gentoo