Heavy eyestrain from motion blur

anyone else who has experience with eye strain when playing certain videogames? games with a really inconsistent framerate, or if the camera position is just the wrong distance to how much movement the view has going on.

actually, it developed further. now, whenever I watch movies, it also happens.

to explain further, when I game and try to focus on something, the natural motion blur that all displays come with tires my eyes super quickly. some games I can't even play for more then 5min before I have to quit.

I have a 144hz monitor. it has a setting called "mprt" that reduces motionblur alot, but this only works if the framerate stays locked at 144. other suchs techniques which are the same thing but named differently ULMB (nvidia g-sync) / ELMB (asus) / MPRT (acer) / Blur Reduction & DyAc (benq).

I really wish it was possible to have freesync+motion blur reduction on at the same time.

just using the motion blur reduction also alters the displays colors, contrast and brightness. this is true for every manufacturers implementation. there really needs to be someone to step up their game and come out with a better way to solve this issue

Attached: 1538297385641.jpg (240x240, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

testufo.com/ghosting
oled-info.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

does your monitor have pwm?

Install gentoo

my monitor is the Acer KG271 C, it says it is "flickerfree" on the box, so I think it does use pwm

to clarify again, whenever there is a moving object I am trying to trace, the motion blur of any display is just too tiring for my eyes. I've tried another 144hz asus monitor before. same thing.

this link gives the perfect test

testufo.com/ghosting

it is just barely bearable with mprt disabled, and super easy on the eyes with it enabled

this is why crt is king. your only option now is when oled monitors become common

I've spent months of research on this topic already. And you are correct. I'm checking oled-info.com/ every day in hopes to finally see a big announcement about oled production going up. the prediction is 2020 for a major push. from there it will triple every year until its peak in 2025 where it will even out to a level comparable to the led-lcd production right now

not about videogames exclusively. it is also an issue when watching most videos, or just surfing the web. also, /v/ would never be able to discuss the technical aspects of this issue, or discuss anything for that matter

Is it really the motion blur?
I had a pretty similar experience playing Dark Souls 3, but it was due to the anti-aliasing, not the motion blur.
I'd get lethargic and easily tired while playing it and disabling it made it completely go away.
The blur reduction you're talking about is usually referred to as backlight strobbing. It didn't help me.

>Is it really the motion blur?
this is what I am trying to find out. I'll probably schedule an appointment with an optician to test my eyes.

but like I said, whenever I'm trying to focus on moving objects and my fps isn't a constant 120-144 it is insanely hard to keep track of that moving object.

stop whatever you're using.

>flickerfree

you really believed that shit eh?

what do you mean? I've already went through 3 different displays. 1 75hz hp monitor from 2011ish, 1 144hz va asus, and now I have a 144hz tn from acer. same issue on all 3 of them.

Nigger are you gonna try without anti-aliasing or no?

>you really believed that shit eh?
no I don't like already stated in this thread, I've done excessive research on all kinds of different monitor technologies and how they work. it is just another "ad" they slam on the package of the monitor.

I never use AA for games that aren't locked at 60fps or below. the worst offender I found so far was path of exile. this game is all about speed and killing all monsters in an area as quickly as possible. unfortunately its camera is WAY too close to the character. ontop of that it has also major performance issues (30-180fps) depending on how much is going on. and as if that isn't enough, it is really sensible to network activities. so whenever my router starts to bufferbloat, the frametime spikes get even worse

i can play csgo and league for hours straight with no issues, but one game of pubg fucks my eyes up.

Glad my CFG73 didn't have this problem

you're dumb if you think crt and oled don't cause eye strain

it is motion sickness
mostly caused by low fps
disable motion blur then you will get a higher fps

>it is motion sickness
its not. motion sickness causes nausea and dizzyness but not extreme eye strain
>disable motion blur then you will get a higher fps
you just went full fucking retard. no game magically gets a higher fps from just disabling motion blur. the issue isn't the post process effect, but the motion blur every display suffers from

they might cause eyestrain from other aspects. but they are fast enough to have no motion blur (crt) to almost none (oled 1ms)

works on my machine

you are probably just blind. play some trash low fps game like pubg

wow, user. believe it or not, i went to the ER today because my left eye was in a lot of pain when i would have it open. it would stop when i would close it. i honestly think it might also be eye strain and i also have an acer 144hz monitor. i have had an asus IPS monitor for a long time and finally got the 144hz for when i play games so i use that more now and i'm not sure if there's a correlation to it. it's been about a year since i've gotten it.

Tell me the location of your computer and how many fans you have going.

Check your ambient light, don't stare monitors if they are the only light source in the room, you'll get eyestrain quickly. Room light should be as intense as the monitor emitted light, and not too bright.

Don't forget to blink and remain hydrated.

itt op gets too absorbed in this games and forgets to blink.

record yourself with your phone playing these games and compare that to when you're not playing. i bet you blink a lot less. also turn down brightness or use something like f.lux

just strobe a 144hz on 120 and there wont be much blur.
on the other side, strobing usually causes more eye strain/etc for most people
alternative: get a nonstrobed good 240hz like the aw2518h / hf

forgot to add strobed 240hz monitors are supposedly brighter, not sure if this counts both benq's 240hz strobed or the other common 144max