PC CASES

ok I am tired of the rgb prioritized everything. After a few years it looks like cases don't care about being one. What is a decent midtower case with decent stock fans and airflow? I don't care about rgb lights and bonus points if it doesn't have a side panel window. also want usb c so I'm FUTURE PROOF

Attached: 250px-RGB_color_wheel_10.svg.png (250x250, 27K)

I wanted a bequiet case until I heard they get toasty inside and am not sure if I want a high airflow case since the room I am in has a lot of hot air. current build does fine but afraid of cooking my pc. would get an nzxt h500 but heard it leaks a lot of noise

all of the decent cases from years past are gone and feel we hit peak cases a few years ago

Fractal Design define series has one without a window and the airflow is supposed to be pretty good. You can also get noise dampening material for the inside panels.

tyvm I have seen a few of their cases but haven't given it a proper look. Would you say the stock case fans are decent enough to leave in?

Antec Sonata series

Attached: sonata-proto.png (500x500, 187K)

I have a Define Mini from a couple of years ago. The airflow is good indeed, in fact I don’t even have a cooler (just huge ass radiator) on the cpu. Though I am not entirely satisfied with the quality of plastic parts...

Cooler Master has decent non-gaymer cases

>am not sure if I want a high airflow case since the room I am in has a lot of hot air
lolwut? then where do you dump your processors heat? thermodynamics much?

What really drives me crazy is, that in most (if not all) cases the psu is supposed to be mounted on the bottom. This is such a stupid thing to do. I still own a probably 10 year old LianLi 8-NB which really should be renewed, but it doesn't matter what brand I am looking at: It's all shit and psu's are always mounted where the dust is.

Attached: 1417999123001.jpg (559x547, 44K)

my pc is in my heat room but my temps are fine and it seems the hot air is sucked out quicker than it can affect much

why should the psu not be mounted at the bottom?

In my experience it's where most of the dust in a room is located. Objects on a level with the floor tend to get considerably more dusty over time than elevated ones in my experience. I find this very hard to not consider when designing a case. It's very natural.

I have mine up on my desk but it does seem to get pretty dusty still. It seems some cases restrict air flow or let too much in. Is probably something to consider for dust

Just turn your computer upside down.

Attached: 03123351385l[1].jpg (1024x768, 202K)

I only use silverstone cases

Attached: images[1].jpg (224x224, 3K)

Also very dumb! Why exposing the psu internals to the settling dust in the air? I mean how idiotic can you be as a designer to not catch the drift here? [Also this case looks like an abomination.]

They were good once, but what the hell happened? Have they ever moved on after TJ07/11, which btw were ridiculously overpriced.

Attached: 1540007969153.png (3388x3638, 326K)

Its literally the same case in both pictures fucktard
The positive pressure generated in the computer prevents dust build up
The only efficient air cooling cases with minimal dust are silverstone cases

Get a server case so people don't accuse you of playing vidya

Attached: supermicro_cse_733i_500b_chasis_eatx_mid_tower_1310596.jpg (1000x1000, 150K)

rgb is a way for gays to express their homosexuality.
fractal design ARC is good if you just want something simplistic but function

functional*

Pathetic, but somehow funny.

would I run into space problems with this cpu cooler for mid cases?

Attached: 71DCX-antQL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 105K)

if your case has less than 170mm of clearance then no.
why not just get a h100i v2

Usually with just the middle fan things should be fine, might need higher than 170 mm clearance for RAM.

> Unironically suggesting AIO CLC

Attached: giphy[1].gif (500x375, 161K)

air cooling seems to be doing fine for what I do and have read some things on radiators that it takes more time to cool down. are corsair cases out of the question?

> pathetic
> basic physics
Single area intake covered with dust filters and efficient movement of air inside the case out is optimal airflow

I have a define 5 and it fits. Worth remembering you might have to raise one of the fans to make space for your RAMs.

You cannot by the love of god truly believe that physics works like that.

Attached: 1419953814001.png (750x600, 538K)

ooh seems to be hard to get. should I just hit up frys guys?

anyone know an updated modern version of the corsair 300r? any cases similar to this

Attached: -CC-9011014-WW-Gallery-300R-02.png (1200x1200, 926K)

back to /lgbt/ applel fantard