Search youtube for a guide /w your socket

Want help?
>State your budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose and GPU pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo
>For Win7 in Ryzen pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

CPU
>CPUs with less than 8 threads have trouble delivering a consistent 60fps+ in some games
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k/8700 - If you have a $2000+ budget
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - For light desktop use, or if you don't mind closing web browser to free up RAM for gaming
>16GB - Standard amount
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580/590 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>Vega 56; 1070Ti if you already have Gsync - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega; 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>Waste money - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Or 2080Ti, but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make a build to drive it appropriately

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: vivaldi_2018-11-21_15-44-28.jpg (1370x1057, 360K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/Ht96xG
pcpartpicker.com/list/4TKzjy
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Np7tRJ
pcpartpicker.com/list/kx2vhy
pcpartpicker.com/list/Tr2vhy
pcpartpicker.com/list/Gpdy3b
pcpartpicker.com/list/xtXGNQ
pcpartpicker.com/list/xdnbxG
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Guys help me out, I am gonna buy my dad a computer because it's his birthday and he wants to get into vidya. He never played much video games before so he doesn't need a beast of a PC. My budget for the computer alone is $1200-$1400. Can someone make me the best possible desktop in that price range? Ignoring monitors, mouse, keyboard, and OS as I already have that handled. Thanks Jow Forumsuys. Happy Thanksgiving.

Attached: american-psycho.jpg (968x681, 54K)

QUICK
2600 vs 2600x?
There's a 2600 for $100 and an X on sale for $120

is it worth $20?!?!?

Prev
And here is a reminder to not be a threadlet. $250 for a CPU which can't even consistently drive a $200 GPU is pathetic.
0.1% minimums are more important than average or max FPS and that should be self evident and not need further explanation.

It's been going on flash sales for $160-$180 but those sales get sold out fast.
Also Bestbuy, if you contact support, will often price match Microcenter in-store prices. So you should be able to get a 2600X for $170 that way or 2700X for $250 if you show their support the listing.

No. Vega 64 is a better buy in that range.

I don't know what to tell you other than I have similar components. Same GPU, and 1600X. It's so cool and quiet with my 28l case that only has a single case fan.

I'd go for the $130 for the 1920x1200@75 4ms ips. I forget the model number, but I linked it before and you can also find it on Acer's website.

>ignoring monitor
You can't just ignore monitor. If you already have a 1080p@60hz monitor, it would be stupid to spend more than like $650-$700 on a PC to drive that. You'll just be throwing away money for no gain, especially if the picture quality is ass.

Attached: vivaldi_2018-11-21_16-04-19.png (1169x500, 158K)

>I'd go for the $130 for the 1920x1200@75 4ms ips. I forget the model number, but I linked it before and you can also find it on Acer's website.
will the difference between 1ms and 4ms be obvious?

Yes it's worth $20 to not have to fuck around with OC to get good results. Just enable PBO and you get really good performance easily.

ya but I'd only save 6 bucks because tax is high here so I'm not salty about not price matching there.

would an rx580 be a bottleneck for a 2700x

damn, what about $146 for regular vs. $190 for the X?

Please let me know what you think

pcpartpicker.com/list/Ht96xG

Attached: pcparts.png (1021x763, 69K)

you can get 2x 500GB 860 EVOs for $120 lol

also that psu is sold out my nigga i just tried buying one

I'm not ignoring the monitor, I just wanted to put together the PC then ask him what monitor he wants after.

Budget is $1100 but flexible. WIll be used for general business use, streaming, and amateur photo editing. Maybe the occasional game but not a big concern.

how does one stream without impacting FPS?
is such a thing even possibru?

I'm not too worried about the extra $8

Looks good, but shrink the case down to the H400 mATX version.

Any tips to make this cheaper while still retaining similar power? Going to be gaming at 1080p, 60 or 70hz

pcpartpicker.com/list/4TKzjy

Attached: pc.jpg (1281x899, 130K)

>I'm not too worried about the extra $8
lmao wow do you even have a piggy bank bro
pathetic

pic related for 459 good deal no???!

Attached: geforce-rtx-2070-social-2048x1024[1].jpg (2048x1024, 424K)

>Looks good, but shrink the case down to the H400 mATX version.
he can't because he got that goofy ass mobo

how does the H400 compare to the Thermaltake H15?

that sapphire card is available for 210 and the asus is 185 after rebate, but no games

>storage: spinning hard drive
you sick fuck

You could go with a cheaper harddrive or even a cheaper ssd. As for RAM, buy used on Ebay.

Actually, many of the parts (excluding the CPU) can be found for cheaper on ebay.

>will the difference between 1ms and 4ms be obvious?
i'm not sure when there is a blur reduction feature on the monitor.
If there is one, it's like almost no difference.
With one, I'm not sure what it looks like. I've not seen a newer monitor in the 4-5ms range without blur reduction.

I have an old IPS for production work that is something like 27ms color-to-color despite the 7ms gtg claim. It's really noticeable with names over people's heads, but I can play R6 Siege on it fine still. New monitors are way fucking better and I'd still take 4-5ms without blur reduction over a TN panel.

You're thinking of that wrong.
Having a GPU bottleneck is the ideal situation. Turning the CPU into a bottleneck is more likely to induce stutters like you see in that picture at depends on if you think not having to fuck around with OC to get more performance when you want it is worth $44 or not ...
Like I can't choose for you. A 2600 alone without an OC isn't going to bottleneck something like an RX580 as it is.

Anyway I really have to go. Read previous threads for examples and shit, you can learn something.

Pretty ideal value build (if you can catch the 2600X on sale again) there except you won't get the most out of an X CPU's PBO with an MSI board as they don't support doing a negative voltage offset.
B450M Pro4 is the budget option to still have voltage offset.
No real reason to spend more money here unless you want to throw in a 2Tb SSD like the Sandisk Ultra 3D
Could obviously spend the rest of your budget on a nice monitor, too.
You can technically use Relive. The quality isn't as good as software encoding, but it only lowers FPS by like 0.3-1.5%. Nearly nothing. It's a lot more efficient than Shadowplay is.
And well a 2600X is powerful enough that you can probably do 900p@60 or so in a lot of cases.
That's dumb, though. 1 drive letter is mega comfy.

Hello and Welcome to Cuck Deals!

Here's my current specs. I don't do any real work on my computer. It's solely for entertainment.

>1050
>i5 4690k
>8gb ram
>Dual Dell E2414H monitors

Is there any point in upgrading my computer without upgrading a monitor? I don't really want to spend ~$1200 just to need to spend another couple hundred on a monitor.

That is a pretty good deal.
I'd still get Vega64 for the better and/or cheaper monitor options. But at least the FE has the "real" 2070 dies.

Unless you're just saying that there is a different model of 2070 for $459 that's on sale. If it's not the FE, or XC, or some other one that doesn't use the fake failed yields, then fuck no that's a shitty deal when Vega64 is better for cheaper.

210 with games is better than 185 with no.
Better model, and you shouldn't have much trouble selling the games for like $40 each.

switched from i5-8400 to 2600x for 1080p 75hz, thoughts?
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Np7tRJ

>I have an old IPS for production work that is something like 27ms color-to-color despite the 7ms gtg claim. It's really noticeable with names over people's heads, but I can play R6 Siege on it fine still. New monitors are way fucking better and I'd still take 4-5ms without blur reduction over a TN panel.
ok, thanks for the info
>depends on if you think not having to fuck around with OC to get more performance when you want it is worth $44 or not ...
>Like I can't choose for you. A 2600 alone without an OC isn't going to bottleneck something like an RX580 as it is.
ok thanks man. have a good 1b ro

The H400 won't give a lot of clearance between your GPU fans and the PSU shroud. If you do this, get a couple nice intake fans and make sure you keep the airflow path clear to the GPU.
t. just finished helping my little sister build a computer with a 1070 inside the H400. We got a couple of those gray noctuas that are meant specifically for use as case fans.

>B450M Pro4 is the budget option to still have voltage offset.
Thanks for your reply. I'm not too worried about budget. Is that the best board to get with the rest of the parts here?

>You can technically use Relive. The quality isn't as good as software encoding, but it only lowers FPS by like 0.3-1.5%. Nearly nothing. It's a lot more efficient than Shadowplay is.
>And well a 2600X is powerful enough that you can probably do 900p@60 or so in a lot of cases.
what do actual pro streamers use whne they care about FPS? a capture card?

pcpartpicker.com/list/kx2vhy
Getting closer. Waiting for 2600x to ship now that I finally got my hands on one before buying the rest.
Besides the SSD, is this a solid final build?
As for the weird numbers, I include tax.

Thanks. Which case would you recommend?

What's the +/- on the seasonic titanium power supplies for an ultra silent highish wattage system? I'm willing to pay extra for small improvements in noise and efficiency but they are a little expensive.

I wanna make the leap to SSD.

I currently have two 1tb HDs and was looking at the Samsung 860evo for $75 amazon. 500gb.

Are there better options right now?

Will you stop shilling for vega? It's fucking garbage.

I'd still go an H15 personally. Cheap, compact, and fantastic ventilation with 2x240mm radiator support if that's what you're into. Having the option of a 5.25" drive bay is nice if disc drives is what you're into.

>what do actual pro streamers use whne they care about FPS? a capture card?
From my understanding, yes. Or, they have something like a 9900K or one of the lower core-count threadrippers.

>I'd still get Vega64 for the better and/or cheaper monitor options.
Holy shit you just don't stop shilling AMD products no matter what huh?

What is a case that is similiar to the Thermaltake H15 but with a glass pane?

Parapa-pa-paaaaa I'm loving it

Attached: it's always a good time to buy a vega.jpg (434x567, 53K)

Why does he do that?

>Will you stop shilling for vega? It's fucking garbage.
what's wrong with it bro?

Can someone help me build something for $550? I'm poor and miss PC gaming. A user in the previous thread mentioned a 2400G build to build off of as I get more funds.

Because he gets payed for it? Notice how literally anything is used as a suggestion to suggest AMD products.
Somebody could say something like "my mom died, help my guys I'm sad"
and he will say "That's real bad bro, it's sucks, but you know what would cheer you up, a nice Vega card and some video games, BUY NOW LIMITED TIME DEAL!"

Like I don't know how many of you have experience the fleecing that is a car sales man, the resident AMD shill is basically that guy.

It is priced the same as 1080 Ti. Performance-wise, it is compared to 1080. Also, it has a higher TDP.

>inb4 FOSS Drivers
I am a linux user here, I don't care about it.

No, I don't hate AMD, as my laptop runs on Radeon. I just believe there are better options than a Vega 64.

He told me that the R5 2600 was better than the i5-8400 in terms of total speed and cost at current prices ($150 for the R5)

Is this accurate or is he just a fucking kike?!

What is a good monitor armfor a 21.5” monitor? I need it to be able to lift it at least 18 inches high so its above my other monitor.

Attached: tumblr_p6wh5zfyvw1vjcb7vo1_raw.jpg (750x481, 29K)

>It is priced the same as 1080 Ti. Performance-wise, it is compared to 1080. Also, it has a higher TDP.
Is there a GPU better than the RX 580 for value in your opinion?

Thanks for your dissenting view btw.

that balloon is hilarious

Where could I sell the AMD gift thing?

>It is priced the same as 1080 Ti.
Fucking where? Vega 64 is going for $400 brand new in the US. You have to pay almost double for a 1080 ti.

>Fucking where? Vega 64 is going for $400 brand new in the US. You have to pay almost double for a 1080 ti.
why must everyone lie
the truth is a mere google search away
so why lie?

Attached: tiresome.jpg (1366x768, 49K)

Extremely accurate the 8400 is a scam.

I didn't expect the case to be the most difficult one to decide on out of every other part holy shit.
I need a mid tower one but fuck, there's so many and bunch of conditions to check out

Attached: z-zidane.jpg (968x681, 41K)

so the best budget build is a R5 2600 + 580, right?

Yeah there's a good reason 60% of all the builds in here are exactly that.

figured . ok ty
why not 2600X though?

How is this?
pcpartpicker.com/list/Tr2vhy

What the fuck are you talking about? Newegg has the reference 64's going for $399 and their cheapest 1080ti is $939 which is obviously a third party seller. Boy, that was tough.

Attached: 1310268672680.jpg (122x126, 2K)

i8700K is $329 till midnight. Will i get a better sale tomorrow or Monday

2600x and now the rx 590 are good small steps up for a little extra cash. Consider for yourself if they're worth it.

Guys, I need a 27" 75hz gaymen monitor for

Attached: martin shkreli wrestling a girl.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

the 590 is like 25-35% more in cost than the 580, isn't it only a 10% performance boost? seems gay.

Why do you want that CPU? Why not just get an R5 2600?

>It is priced the same as 1080 Ti
Is a funny way of saying "cheaper than a 1080"*
>Also, it has a higher TDP
This is a problem if you don't know how to use a sliding scale.
>No, I don't hate AMD, as my laptop runs on Radeon
Why would you make up false accusations if you were impartial?
>I just believe there are better options than a Vega 64
I can vouch for the 1070ti in terms of value as well. But when it's 1070ti/Vega versus 1080 and 2070, there isn't really much of a better price/performance.
Dunno what his words were, but single threaded performance between the 8400 and 2600 are more or less on par. But when a 2600/Mortar/3200CL16 system can be had for between $300-350, you'd only be ably to pair up the 8400 with garbage memory at half the capacity and a low end H310 board for that money. The garbage memory brings the 8400s performance down (not that H310 can run faster than 2666mhz anyway), so...

Here in yurop the prices are surprisingly close. Should settle down everywhere as soon as new release glow fades.

I didn't mean you bro

I will note before my post is accused of being anti Semitic, the 2600 single thread performance with ~3000-3200mhz memory is on par with 8400 performance with 2666mhz memory.

That's the build i'm going for

Oh alright, yeah no idea what that guy is talking about. Like a year ago during the worst of the crypto mania the 64's might have been priced more than 1080ti but those days are long gone.

>all these sales
>I don't actually want to play any games except Battlefield V
>all of the previous Battlefields since BF3 were pure shit and died after 3-6 months
s-should I do it?

Attached: jump.gif (225x208, 1.94M)

can you tell me why? I'm interested

What PC games do you want to play? What resolution and fps?

>can afford $550
>can't save another $200 for a proper build
>is going to waste money on an entire CPU and shit just to get his quick fix
nigger.

better off spending a little $40 extra
pcpartpicker.com/list/Gpdy3b

Is this a good motherboard for this build? or is there a better option?

pcpartpicker.com/list/xtXGNQ

Hyper 212, 250gb ssd and optical drive are all a little anachronistic. What's your use case?

Friend recommended it. I'm not familiar with the new tech at all.

>Friend recommended it. I'm not familiar with the new tech at all.
bait

asrock b450m pro4

BF4 was great after it was fixed. I say go for it.

Why not just buy the rx 580 that comes with games and sell off the difference?

>BF4 was great after it was fixed. I say go for it.
they murdered Hardcore mode after BF3 and never put it back in

Not really. 1st pc build and completely lost. Gonna bite the bullet with the i7

GUYS
What PC games are actually good with an xbox controller?

£60 midtower case?

>Not really. 1st pc build and completely lost. Gonna bite the bullet with the i7
I strongly suggest the R5 2600 for comparable performance in practice for only a fraction of the price
:^)

>what do actual pro streamers use whne they care about FPS?
A 2nd PC with something like an R5 1400 or used i7 at minimum, but ideally at least a R7 1700. AKA a production PC.
Capture cards have the same issue of shadowplay/relive, which is lower quality.
You can generally outdo a capture card in quality and still play at 60fps on a 2700X, but not on the most demanding of games.

1Tb SU800 for $96. Check previous thread.

>same price as the 1080Ti
He's not even transparent with his trolling. Just report him and don't respond.

There's also a good reason that the AMD sales are more frequently rated on slickdeals, Jow Forumsbuildapcsales, etc. Sort by hotness, and it's just AMD, AMD, AMD, even though there are some Intel CPU sales.
Because the intel deals are still bad value compared to the AMD ones.
6 threads can't consistently give you 60fps minimums in everything like the 6c/12t of the 2600/X can. Even if the average FPS of the Intel CPUs can often be higher, they cost more and can be stuttery so they're just a plainly worse buy.
Literally the only 2 Intel CPUs worth considering are the 8700k or 9700k. And even then only if you're doing a sub-4K build that's like $2500+. It's just an objective fact that Intel can't compete at the moment for the vast majority of builds.
So the only intel sale to note is 8700k for $330, which is only really relevant for people with a 2080Ti, or 1080ti at 1080p. Which is almost no one.

So it's just common sense why AMD is way more highly recommended. There is no one being paid. It's just what anyone with a brain will recommend, while only trolls will try to gas light and lie to people to get them to waste money for no reason except they think it's funny if they trick someone into wasting their money. Just report the guy spamming.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/Gpdy3b
managed to improve it pcpartpicker.com/list/xdnbxG

Attached: firefox_2018-11-23_00-37-41.png (1951x1076, 326K)

wait for 3rd gen ryzen

>A 2nd PC with something like an R5 1400 or used i7 at minimum, but ideally at least a R7 1700. AKA a production PC.
how do they route the graphics from the first PC to the second PC?

Hardcore mode was always wack because the game wasn't really balanced around it. I played Hardcore back in the BC2 days because I didn't know any better.

GTX 1070.

You still get the point though. I am sorry for my mistake desu.

look at what said.

when is that due?

What's a good 1440p 144hz monitor with great colors/contrast? bonus if it has a headphones jack and actual hdr

>GTX 1070.
the 580 is $200 and the 1070 is $300...

sometime spring 2019

are there better parts that can replace those for a similar price?