Opensuse is objectively the best distro:

opensuse is objectively the best distro:
-automated tests of their rolling release ensures a stabler rolling release version
than for example debian
-zypper is the BEST package manager, even better than pacman
-in the unlikely event something goes ever wrong, restart your computer, boot in the automatically created snapshot of your system, type sudo snapper rollback and youve undone the upgrade perfectly
-has the best branding of all the distros
-is not about to be cucked by ibm
-has best support of kde (the best de)
-has the best tool for ez system config
-full control over software selection at install
no reason to use anything else

Attached: F4B95A92-1AE0-4E0B-81B6-EB23E95F82B6.png (340x200, 19K)

>kde (the best de)

Attached: daffy_duck.jpg (719x719, 61K)

I hated yast at first but I really kind of like it now

>systemd
>pulseaudio
no thanks, i'll stick with void

cant name a better one apart from if ur on a low specced laptop in which case install xfce

see, i was talking to productive people who need to use their computer as a tool, not people who use the computer as a toy, though i dont have anything against that

its so comfy that even people who know every command to configure their system will want to use it

bump

Doesn't even install on hardware any other distro has no trouble working on. It has less packages than Ubuntu, Debian or Arch. Btrfs can eat I/O rendering the system almost unusable.
Why would anyone use this.

I may not use it but yast is pure gold

Oh fine, imma take the bait

1. Assuming automated testing is more free of errors than manual testing
2. What can you do with zypper that you can't do with the hundreds of other package managers?
3. implying you can't take automatic snapshots of any other distro
4. best in what way? subjective af
5. cause every other distro out there is about to be cucked by IBM?
6. you talking about KDE 4 or the huge slow RAM-eating lump of bloat that is Plasma?
7. best in what way? subjective af
8. Gentoo? Arch?

>objectively best distro
*continues to list a bunch of subjective reasons*

This
I can deal with Pulse but systemd it's just to terrible, it always breaks and has ridiculous bugs
low tier b8

KDE with Plasma nowadays can use less RAM than XFCE, and uses less than 100 MB more on default settings
Bad attempt, RH shill

1)it is as proven by tumbleweeds stability
2)zypper is the fastest package manager, calculates dependencies perfectly due to its underlying architecture, has the most features
3) you can but you need to set it up, opensuse has it working perfectly ootb
4) geeko is aesthetically the best mascot, the distro is recognizable by its green branding
5) no just fedora, ubuntu gets cucked by canonical (showing that they dont give a fuck about their users with amazon spyware shit), debian cucked by its ancient packages and feminist coc, fedora by ibm and thats about all relevant distros
6) plasma, uses about 400 mb ram on my pc and has the modt features out of every de, perfect modularity as well
7) best in ease/speed of use and amount of settings
8) those have the ability to choose your packages as well, just like opensuse, not sure what your point is

werks on my machine
btrfs is optional (but its the future of linux filesystems so you will want to switch sooner or later, but again, werks perfectly on my machine)

no b8, software selection and support is just too small on those systems, making them unreliable

not the guy you're arguing, but zypper is pretty slow compared to the only other package manager I know, apt. Also, I have to watch the update program because many times it will fail to download a package and it's waiting for me to press "r" for retry

For a rolling release, Tumbleweed is pretty stable. However, the other day, something changed and now my fonts look like shit. Don't know if some hardware render got fucked or what, but it's no longer the KDE rendering I fell in love with. Pic related.

Attached: Screenshot_20181122_233757.png (695x473, 51K)

google for package managers compared and click the first link, zypper is faster
as for the font rendering, see if you got hintslight and rgb set in your yast font configuration

I already have it set in KDE settings, but YaST has its own Font rendering menu? Da fuk?

Gecko Linux is a OpenSUSE small annoyances like the font default rendering.
Check them out.

also, always update tumbleweed with "sudo zypper dup" if its failing to download a package, look at the error code, might be ur connection

yast settings are system wide, kde settings are per user. i would set it in yast.

Attempt 2:
Gecko Linux is a distro based on OpenSUSE that fixes annoyances like the default font rendering (among other things).
geckolinux.github.io

I always use dup. I did it last weekend and it fucked me with fonts. Did another upgrade today and it still persists.

Changed it in YaST, guess I'll restart now to see if it fixed it.

well shit, changing yast fixed the issue. Interesting.

Very gud distro, but i'm using fedora rn because the user repo is much more handy :∆)

you may not like it, but GNOME is actually the greatest desktop environment.

How much is yearly subscription?

Pretty much everything supports sysv instead of systemd, and most stuff doesn't require Pulse
Void might not have as much software as Debian, but it does have enough

OP is objectively a faggot
Debian is love Debian is life

Fedora is what the big daddy of Linux uses, anything else is irrelevant garbage.

OpenSuse is the most bloated distro ever. Zypper is slow as fuck compared to pacman and the official repos are shit.

in your wet dream.

You mean RHEL?

it looks good on paper but isn't as good in reality
while I was reading about it I thought that it is what I'm looking for, but it wasn't

- bloated as fuck
- can't even run original installer in normal way on non-UEFI computer(I don't remember how I solved it)
- need to use dedicated system config tool
- heard that it breaks if you change something outside it

it may be good for people that comes from Windows and wants working Linux that is managed via control panel
It was kind of painful to use it knowing that you can't touch anything besides "control panel"
if you like it though you should look at GeckoLinux it's openSuse without bloat, preconfigured and overall better

I'm still using Slackware, only sane distro that just works and doesn't stand in your way and don't know if I ever find something better

fedora is the 2nd best distro, but theyll cut support for kde soon and i dont trust ibm
if they fix performance and make it more usable it could be good
free, only the enterprise version costs money but thats useless for a home desktop
zypper is just a tiny bit slower than pacman but is overall the better package manager, it's only as bloated as you want it to be, you can pick every single package during install
you can pick and choose every pkg during install
it can be installed on non uefi
dont need to use yast and it wont break if you dont, not sure where ure getting that from, although i use it because its comfy as fuck

SUSE isn't debian so no normie deb packages. Until Appimage and snaps are a standard non-debian distros are irrelevant for users.
All package managers are identical.
Mint has rollbacks ootb too.
Branding?
Has been cucked by another company for years and is now being sold to (((EQT))) which is owned by bankers and politicians which are worse than corporations.
Supporting KDE is good but KDE is a clusterfuck to use. Shit GUI layout, shit defaults.

1) rofl, i guess fedora is irrelevant too then
2) no they arent, should read up on them
3) mint is also based on ubuntu which in turn is based on debian
4) yes, debians branding is shit for example
5) opensuse is 100% a community project, suse does not really have much influence unlike red hat had in fedora
6) whats shit about the gui layout? its the most modern, featureful and at the same time memory aware de linux has to offer

Your freetype2 likely enables "clear type" patented code now because redhat says its legally kosher now.

opensuse is fedora's ubuntu.

1. Yes, fedora is irrelevant for desktop use. It's an enterprise distro just like SUSE.
2. Yes, they fucking are. The end user doesn't see or feel the difference. The differences are irrelevant and if you were to switch all apt distros to rpm you wouldn't notice it.
3. Your point?
4. What do you mean by branding? Who even cares?
5. It's sponsored by SUSE and influenced by SUSE.
6. Pic related. Shit defaults, shit design practices. Before you answer with the autistic "but you can change it" read the definition of the word "default".

Attached: KDE Wasted Space.png (2212x1651, 1.18M)

This

1) what makes it irrelevant? your opinion? you can run almost every single piece of software you can run on ubongo
2) no they fucking aren't, there are people who regularly complain that apt fucked their system and apt is widely regarded as unreliable, zypper has a sat solver so it's OBJECTIVELY the better AND faster package manager
3) it's a useless distro for ultra söyboys, there's no place for it when ubuntu exists
4) the website, the look, the icons, seeing as you're complaining so hard about kde, this must be important to you, no?
5) but less so than ubuntu and fedora, it stands much more on its community
6) that picture is fucking autism and you know it

>what makes it irrelevant
Market share. I'm talking about desktop use.
>complain that apt fucked their system and apt is widely regarded as unreliable
I hear this about zypper too, far more frequently.
>there's no place for it when ubuntu exists
You're retarded. Mint fixed a ton of shit wrong with Ubuntu. Just compare the Xfce editions, Mint is 4 years ahead.
>that picture is fucking autism
But it's true and you know it.

>Market share. I'm talking about desktop use.
whole of linux is irrelevant then
>I hear this about zypper too, far more frequently.
sure you do
>You're retarded. Mint fixed a ton of shit wrong with Ubuntu. Just compare the Xfce editions, Mint is 4 years ahead.
I'm not using an os that's based on a base of a base which is in turn based on a base of debian, thx
>But it's true and you know it.
do one for gnome

>whole of linux is irrelevant then
On desktop? Yes, it is.
>sure you do
I literally see horror stories here about openSUSE fetching gigabytes of irrelevant dependencies when installing software and removing still used components when uninstalling.
>I'm not using an os that's based on a base of a base which is in turn based on a base of debian
>caring about this
Autism
>do one for gnome
GNOME is too shit for me to care about it.

>On desktop? Yes, it is.
so why do you argue if you dont want to use linux?
>I literally see horror stories here about openSUSE fetching gigabytes of irrelevant dependencies when installing software and removing still used components when uninstalling.
literally just werks on my machine
>I'm not using an os that's based on a base of a base which is in turn based on a base of debian
>caring about this
less support and smaller lifecycle so why would i bother
>GNOME is too shit for me to care about it.
so stick to ancient xfce which will be dead soon, i like xfce too but there comes a time when you need to move on and support newer, more modern projects

>move on and support newer, more modern projects
Fuck off, shill

>that pic
Sounds like this is how Gnome 3 came to be.

Was / could have been, until Dead Shat dropped it (why?).

Unpaid galley slaves rowing for Redhat (now IBM) masters.

>Can't use desktop icons
Try again Red Hat employ

GNOME is less of a clusterfuck than KDE. KDE would be the best DE if it had the looks and stability of GNOME or Xfce.

>GNOME is less
At least you can customize KDE.

I hated that from a moment I installed it. But now I actually like it. It shows me my nice wallpaper and then after I launch first program I don't care because I don't see desktop anyway because of programs and shit, and their "tablet-like" menu is pretty much a desktop.

>Before you answer with the autistic "but you can change it" read the definition of the word "default".
Still a superior approach to UI than Gnome's "You can't change, not even your wallpaper properly, anything unless you install an app to manage your third party javascript plugins."

If you want to nitpick UI flaws then I could rant about GTK/GNOME's bizarre decisions all day. Tell me when will you get a proper file-picker, this decade or the next?

>so stick to ancient xfce which will be dead soon, i like xfce too but there comes a time when you need to move on and support newer, more modern projects
Fuck off, shill.
Don't you subversive cunts think you've trampled on Linux enough already?

Stockholm syndrome

>krashes

Maybe. As long as it as able to launch programs I need and has no problems like crashes or freezes because of DE I don't really care about such "stockholm syndrome". If I installed version with another DE and it did the same job (just maybe with a little bit different icons/menus) I would not care too. Minor inconveniences (more of a habit of using windows with a lot of shit on desktop really) do not worth spending time on them.

just werks for me :^)

Attached: file.png (207x103, 29K)

What are you doing with your machines that you need a "fast" package manager?

>only 3 days
Lmao

Just one more distro in the massive pointless pile of distros. If opensuse died (along with 70 percent of the other useless distros) Linux would unironically be better and more appealing to users.

what do you use?